February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/16)

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/16)

• @LivingLaVidaGinger is this "I'm going to only buy cute maternity clothes?" friend? 
    lmao I was wondering the same thing!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I desperately need a haircut and a pedicure too... I used to have bangs, but due to my hair (a lot of it, but it's fine and wavy) it took a lot of work to keep them looking good. So I grew them out. But I have so many split ends right now that I sit and cut them when I'm on work calls, so I know it's time for a cut.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wish I could do bangs but I don't know if I can ever achieve the right look. I've attempted before and it wasn't good. 
  • Lol @kirstynikole My toe nails havent been painted since this summer and now im just trying to hold out as long as possible lol and I just downward cut everything down there unless I have an appointment, then I spend like 20 minutes making sure I got it all since I can't see a single thing down there  :D
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Add me to the list of wanting to be groomed before delivery even though I know I'm the only one who will care.  Will be scheduling a wax, facial and eyelash touch up beforehand.   
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup oh how I miss living in the city! I wish I could schedule an eyelash tint and perm before labor, just so I can look semi awake in the weeks to follow. Lol. As it is driving 40-60 minutes to get into town cuts a huge chunk out of my schedule. 
  • OK, I just looked at my calendar and I haven't had a haircut since June!  I suppose I should deal with that before LO gets here...  especially since DH and I will be included in the newborn shoot.  I'm horrible at scheduling things if there is no online option and sitting still for a haircut is like torture (even when I don't have to pee every 15 minutes).  Maybe I can pair it with a pedi or massage to get more motivated.

But, the idea of having my picture taken by family members visiting at the hospital is now freaking me out.  Hoping they really just want pictures of themselves with the baby?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • What is an eyelash touch up?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 she prolly has extensions? There is no way I could lay down through someone gluing shit to my eyes right now. 
  • kswiger06 said:
    What is an eyelash touch up?
    I'm thinking she maybe gets eyelash extensions? 
  • I get eyelash extensions - but as @kirstynikole posted it could also be a lash tint and curl.  I get extensions because I hate mascara and eyemakeup!  But I need to looked polished for work, so I like things that make getting ready in the morning and looking put together fast and easy.  That said, I may need to re-evaluate all my beauty maintenance things once we are paying for daycare every month... 
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup If your lashes are long enough, I find that the tint & lift is a good alternative, and generally costs less.. but I could be wrong? I've only had eyelash extensions once for my wedding..

• @krob braids are a great idea! I can't imagine taking care of natural hair and a newborn. Good luck sitting through the braiding while prego, though -- doesn't that usually take several hours? 7hrs + pee breaks = a hell of a long time ;-P
  • I had my hair cut before Christmas and ran errands by myself this weekend on purpose so I could get a pedicure.... just in time!  It felt great to have someone else deal with my toes.  I also feel like no one cares or notices during delivery but it made me feel better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @kirstynikole I've always wanted to try it but just haven't.  I may though, because I have a love hate relationship with lash extensions.  I'm on this cycle where I get them for about a year or so, and then get tired of them, take a few months off, and then go back to them when I miss them again...
  • @Spicyweiner that definitely is true. It made it much easier to monitor my stitches & healing.

Tmi but I wish I would've taken a mirror to check out what things looked like before birth, because I have no clue if it's different post birth/stitches? Whatevs, it obviously didn't bother H enough to make another baby. 
  • @Gretchypoo youre a better woman than me for defs! Theres no way on earth i could do what you do for your granda! 
  • @Spicyweiner I did too, but I waited until it was practically healed. I still wasn't prepared for that. 
  • tishb said:
     :) 
    Whipped up these little cuties tonight 
    So cute!! 

• @Spicyweiner that definitely is true. It made it much easier to monitor my stitches & healing.

Tmi but I wish I would've taken a mirror to check out what things looked like before birth, because I have no clue if it's different post birth/stitches? Whatevs, it obviously didn't bother H enough to make another baby. 
    I looked AFTER. Worst mistake of my life. 
    I think I waited to look until like 6 months later because I didn't want to scar myself mentally and emotionally  :D
  • @fourPsinapod -  I want oreos now, lol.....and I totally get it, I am all for the super duper stuffed ones! The stuffing is the best part
  • foxrosy said:
    I think I still haven't looked and DS is 3.
    Random, but this is the randoms thread... have your contractions gotten any better?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My husband bought double stuffed Oreos instead of mega stuffed. I am disappointed. 
    Mega stuffed? What? When? How? 
  • homemake said:
    My husband bought double stuffed Oreos instead of mega stuffed. I am disappointed. 
    Mega stuffed? What? When? How? 
    Life. Changing. 
  • leslie1331leslie1331 member
    edited January 2017
    I am ashamed to admit I had a 100 calorie bag today. I didn't even know that mega existed. I feel like such a poser 
  • foxrosy said:
    I think I still haven't looked and DS is 3.
    Random, but this is the randoms thread... have your contractions gotten any better?
    My contractions did improve,but I still get them. The frequency and intensity has reduced, and now I'm just effing afraid I'll go until 42 weeks.