February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (1/16)

Starting a little early because nightmares and heartburn are keeping me up  :s

Re: Weekly Randoms (1/16)

• Loading the player...
  • @fourPsinapod that sounds like a great night!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm officially entering the panic phase of nesting :-p  House never sold so poor kid does not have a room of her own (not that she was going to be in there for several months anyway but it would be nice if it was already set up versus trying to do it later).  Because of all the travelling and family events/holidays etc I haven't done much for this new baby.  I suck :-p  Still have to find the insert for the PNP and set it up in our room to serve as her crib, haven't pulled out and cleaned the carseat bases or baby swing from the basement yet either.  I finally got around to laundering all the clothes we have for her but we don't have a dresser for her (hopefully this week!).  I'm feeling a bit like I've failed this poor girl already :-p  AND I keep feeling like she's coming early so even less time!
  • This weekend was so busy and I still feel like I have so much to do. Saturday we cleaned up the house a bit and put the PNP in our room and I stocked it up, I folded and organized the clothes I had washed for her, and we moved some boxes into the attic (which also meant moving junk from the previous owners out and taking it to the dump). Sunday we had a shower at church so we were gone basically all day. It was so sweet and this girl is not lacking for cute clothes! lol

Yesterday I was off work but we had to be up early for H's doctor appointment, then I went shopping for nursery curtains with my SIL, we all got lunch together, then went home and laid down because H had to go to work last night. I went right to sleep and didn't budge for 2 hours, then felt awful all night and went to bed early. The first thing my boss said to me this morning - "You look tired". I feel bad for not doing anything productive at work but this week is so short for me and everyday I'm still hoping she comes that day. Anything that's not done at home can be done later. I just don't care anymore and I'm counting down to Sunday night.

Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Trying to finish up important baby shopping this week. Online shopping is so much easier but I hate shipping charges, especially when you have to spend a high amount to not have to pay shipping.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @Spicyweiner I know the feeling! It's so hard to get an appointment with my stylist! One time I had to take my mom's dog to the vet because she accidentally double booked and didn't want to cancel her hair because we know how hard it is to get in with her haha. 
  • @Spicyweiner I have the same priorities. I scheduled my NST around my hair appointment this week too!
    But @kirstynikole is right -- I should get a pedicure too ;-P
  • Should I be self conscious about my ridiculously swollen feet and not get a pedi? Last one was late November...
  • @Aussie45 omg I can't even imagine bangs. I got an A Line cut and it was RAGRETS
  • Wait wait - why are bangs bad with a newborn?  Bangs are my look (I've got a big forehead ha ha!) - and I always think they are pretty easy to style and make you look put together even if hair is just pulled back in a messy bun?  Too much work with a baby?
  • I go between side bangs and full bangs (big forehead too) and the only extra work is mine can get greasier faster than the rest of my head. But, you can always do the wash in the sink trick. I agree with @MissMerciBeaucoup though, they do look a little more polished! 
  • I should be working on a new deal and I've spent the morning looking up pump comparisons. Productive in a way?!
  • Aussie45 said:
    I got a haircut with straight bangs and while it looks cute I'm having some serious regrets. There is way to much upkeep that comes with straight bangs and right before I have a baby? I think I've lost my damn mind. I plan to get a cut shortly after baby is here and change it to side bangs and grow it back out or something. Newborn + any sort of maintenance hair = no good
    Trim your bangs yourself?
  • kirstynikolekirstynikole member
    edited January 2017
    I'm all about some pampering before baby comes, and I think everyone else should try to treat themselves if they can. 
  • @MissMerciBeaucoup it's not having bangs it's GETTING bangs. Does that make sense? 
  • Oh @PerraSucia gotcha!  Yes makes sense.  
  • @marriedhamstermom I'm with you on that. No one is allowed to touch my feet. And the only feet that I'll touch are DD'sand DS's.