February 2017 Moms

Babywearers

13»

Re: Babywearers

• @kswiger06 the k'tan sizes apply to you, not the baby. I think it's technically rated to use for longer, but people just stop finding it comfortable. I still got one because I think it will be a great solution at first. I also got an Ergo 360 on massive sale. 
  • @kswiger06 even with your tiny babies a ktan wouldn't last you 6 months. After like 2 months mine was killing my back
  • Loading the player...
  • @Starfish113 I won a Lille last week from one of their contests, I might need some help with it! I've watched a few videos and LOVE what I've seen! 
  • jbuck909 said:
    @Starfish113 I won a Lille last week from one of their contests, I might need some help with it! I've watched a few videos and LOVE what I've seen! 
    How cool! 
  • @Spicyweiner I NEVER win things, plus I've been eyeing one of these for awhile. 
  • Just saw this on FB: Risaroo is having a moving sale - 50% off EVERYTHING with code "MOVING" 

https://www.risaroo.com/online-store/!/BB-Slen-Ring-Sling/c/18201109/offset=0&sort=normal
  • Oh awesome @Gretchypoo thanks for sharing! I really want a ring sling still so I'll have to go check it out. 
    . Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • jbuck909 said:
    @Starfish113 I won a Lille last week from one of their contests, I might need some help with it! I've watched a few videos and LOVE what I've seen! 
    That's awesome!!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Can't wait for my Wildbird ring sling to arrive! I will need to baby wear a lot more this time, especially while we're out at our toddlers' activities. 
  • Ha ha ha! Classic. My DP got pretty good at it after a couple of tries. He loved skin-to-skin with our daughter. It was adorable, and so dear. My favorite photo of him is with her at 3 days old snuggled up with him in an orange Boba Wrap. So sweet. 
  • Hi mama! Both the Moby and the Boba stretch. The Boba is more stretchy which can actually give you a more secure fit. The "trick" is just to get it nice and snug before you put baby in. Then, baby should be sitting nice and high, able to kiss his head. You'll be amazed how comfy it is. I definitely suggest the Boba Wrap. The fabric is really soft and comfy. Also, Boba is just a great, caring company. 
  • Anyone who uses the Ergo carrier - thoughts on the 360 vs the original?
  • lfrank12 said:
    Anyone who uses the Ergo carrier - thoughts on the 360 vs the original?
    I used the ergo last time and got the ergo 360 for Christmas this year. I haven't tried it out yet but I am beyond excited. 
  • I got a seven slings for free, anyone have any experience with it?
  • @lfrank12 I got the 360 with my first son and love it. my son loved facing in towards me or out. I never really tried the back or side but will be curious to try it more with DS2. I think I remember hearing that the original ergo has a larger hood for the baby(not certain about that), but I've had DS in the carrier facing me and nursing with the hood up without any issues. It is a pretty well made carrier and comfortable.
  • I am loving my SakuraBloom as much as I hoped I would. My Moby wraps haven't even been out into rotation this time yet because the SB is just so much easier for quick ups. 
  • kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited February 2017
    I need help from the experienced baby wearers. This is my first attempt at using my moby. I just had my son snap a couple pics so i could show you guys lol. But the baby feels snug and secure from falling, but his one shoulder has to be exposed or the fabric on that side covers his face. Also his head isn't really tucking into the other pocket (it's the fabric farthest from my body if that matters). Does this look normal, or do i need to try to tighten the fabric coming down that forms the "pockets" or something? I dont know anyone IRL that used a wrap, that i can ask. Also please excuse me, I'm a mess. I need to shower, I have dark eye circles, and I know I look like a zombie from lack of sleep.

Edit:  after he got hungry, I took him out and re-wrapped it. This time was much better and both his shoulders are covered, I'm still having a hard time with his head being in a good position. He wants to drop it down instead of back... maybe we will both get more comfortable and get the hang of it after a few more wraps

Edit 2 to remove photos
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • skiingstarkskiingstark member
    edited February 2017
     is his head supported enough? First time putting this on. Not sure if it is right.

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @skiingstark I have no idea bc I have the same question abt my ring sling but-- i love the fabroc on your ring sling! It is beautiful!
  • @skiingstark I have no idea bc I have the same question abt my ring sling but-- i love the fabroc on your ring sling! It is beautiful!
    Thanks! Got it from amazon. 
     https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B0SZOT2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • @skiingstark you can tuck the tail into the top rail of your sling to help support his head. 
  • Yeah that head isn't supported enough. I normally roll my tail or turn his head to thensidenand tighten the top. 
  • Hmm look at that, the actual video popped up!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 whew, that was a black hole. I've now convinced myself I need like 18 woven wraps. I'm not in love with my boba (given to me for free) or k*tan...though my Tula is nice for walking outside. I definitely hate the stretch of the boba, and am thinking a woven may serve me better. I forget, did you ever get a woven? 

Also, not sure if you saw, but YGPM a few days ago!
  • @Patience7150 I get sucked into her channel for like a half hour everytime I try to watch just 1 video haha.  I have a moby, and I have a ring sling, but I don't have a woven wrap. I have decided I need a bunch of those too lol. So far I've only put Austin in the moby, and I do like it a lot, but all its done is make me want to try out all carriers haha. (I haven't tried the ringsling yet, because I wanted to get comfortable with the moby first, but once I got comfy with it I didn't feel the need to try to use the ringsling yet. I like how supported and snug he feels in the moby right now while he's so small.) 

I'll check my messages :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That channel is great.  Her name is Hedwynch and she lives in Europe.  She is going to be at Mommycon this weekend and I hope I get to meet her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker