February 2017 Moms
Options

Babywearers

Re: Babywearers

• Options
    MCRM14MCRM14 member
    I have a moby that we used at first. Then we have our ergo 360 that is used almost daily. And for this past Christmas I got a hip baby wrap that I occasionally use. 

Im interested in trying a ring sling this time though. So I'm hoping to find the loCal lending library to try one out.
  • Options
    I LOVE my ring sling.  I wore my DS in it everyday when he was an infant and now he's 10 months old and I still wear him in it.  It was my favorite baby purchase!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a baby K'Tan, a ring sling, and a Beco. I love them all for different reasons. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    So I've been doing some wrap/carrier research and am leaning towards the k'tan. At least for the first couple months. I've been trying to figure out all the differences in the original/breeze/active but was hoping some of you guys would have better information on which you liked better if you have used a couple different ones.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kswiger06 said:
    So I've been doing some wrap/carrier research and am leaning towards the k'tan. At least for the first couple months. I've been trying to figure out all the differences in the original/breeze/active but was hoping some of you guys would have better information on which you liked better if you have used a couple different ones.
    I had the Breeze and my one complaint is that it isn't adjustable at all.  I felt like I was in between sizes and they recommend it be snug fitting but then baby didn't fit well in it for very long.  She did enjoy it in the beginning though.  Im currently looking at mei tei's for the upcoming munchkin.  Feiw there are a TON of babywearing fb groups that are a great help
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE my ring sling.  I wore my DS in it everyday when he was an infant and now he's 10 months old and I still wear him in it.  It was my favorite baby purchase!
    How was it for the infant stage? I loved it for when she was like 1-2 years but I was scared of it when she was tiny!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Bump for @kswiger06
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    Oh man, now if anybody reads my question lol... so I've decided I'm for sure planning on starting out with a ringsling and a wrap. The wraps I'm debating between are the moby, the Boba, and the k'tan. I've sort of eliminated the k'tan. I've gotten the overall view that it's better for infancy, but not goo to use for longer term, since baby will get big and it doesn't give enough. The next thing is the Boba, I hear it is nice because it will stretch, but some say that it's not as secure feeling because of the stretch. And the moby has no stretch which is good for feeling secure, but can be difficult getting it at the right tightness. Then with the moby, are there any benefits or reasons to using the classic vs the evolution? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 the moby isn't good for long. It's way to stretchy to wear long term. I'm planning on using my ring sling and K'tan with this one. The k'tan is good for infancy and super easy to use. I have a woven wrap I might use around the house, or I might sell it. I haven't decided. 
    I don't know the difference between the mobys, sorry. 
  • Options
    @jbuck909 I'm starting to believe I might end up with one of each and going from there lol... everytime I feel like I narrowed it down, I get sucked back into it. I've been overloading on YouTube reviews and demos but still haven't gotten anywhere. I wish I could test them out first. And I'm realizing my options with ringslings are pretty much endless haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have a chicco carrier, k'tan, woven wrap, ergo, and a ring sling lol I personally liked the k'tan as a newbie to babywearing and my ergo as DS1 got older. Check out Facebook and see if you have a local babywearing group or Tula group. I found that my local Tula mamas were pretty knowledgeable about other options. @kswiger06
  • Options
    Do you have a store that sells them? I was able to try a bunch out with a doll in them! Went in for a Tula and left with a Lillebaby!
  • Options
    thanks for the info @jbuck909 I have people wanting Christmas ideas and I've been kind of forced into a couple showers in january, so I might just make a list of possible carriers and start giving different people different ones that I'm interested in. :) I feel like picking what carrier I want has been harder than any of the other purchases we've made lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have a store that sells them? I was able to try a bunch out with a doll in them! Went in for a Tula and left with a Lillebaby!
    I really don't know, I've never bought one and was just looking online... would a babies r us carry them? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Starfish113 what made you choose the Lille over the Tula? 
    @kswiger06 there's so many hard choices!!!! I'd love a Tula!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    I LOVED my moby wrap. I found a great deal on an ergo 360 at a garage sale this summer ($60 for the carrier and infant insert) and I can't wait to try it out. I figured I needed something with a little more support this time around. and have the option to back carry my toddler if need be. 
  • Options
    @kswiger06 do you have a buy buy baby? Mine has wraps you can try on with a baby.
  • Options
    I went went with a tula, I have it now, seems great. I like that it will last a long time. Just remember to get the newborn insert. 

Married to my Soul Mate since 09/06/09

BabyFruit Ticker

MC 10.23.15 @ 10 weeks
  • Options
    jbuck909 said:
    @Starfish113 what made you choose the Lille over the Tula? 
    @kswiger06 there's so many hard choices!!!! I'd love a Tula!! 
    It was just more comfortable!! And I also like that you can use it right from birth without an infant insert where you need one for the Tula. It just fit me better :)
  • Options
    @kswiger06 I used a Moby with DD up to almost a year. Then I switched to a BabyHawk for mostly back carries. The Moby was pretty easy for me to start with and comfortable as well. With this baby, I've added a Sakura Bloom ring sling to the mix. The only downside to the Moby was that it takes a minute(and a little space) to get wrapped. Once you have it on, it's quick to put baby in and out. So, if we were in and out of the car running errands, I'd just leave the carrier on between stops so it would be faster. (Baby in car seat, of course). This time around, I'll use the ring sling in these situations. 
  • Options

kswiger06 said:
    I really don't know, I've never bought one and was just looking online... would a babies r us carry them? 
    I don't think you can try on there? This was a little locally owned shop that sells cloth diapers and stuff. We also have local baby wearing groups, maybe you can search for one of those?
  • Options
    Zulily has a one day sale on Ergobaby today. It's only one carrier, but it's $64, so not bad!! 
  • Options
    I have a lillebaby, and am planning to get a k'tan. The lillebaby goes from infant to toddler, and seems best for longer trips out. The k'tan I'm planning for the tiny squishy stage, around the house, and short errands.
    Rainbow baby Dean is due 2/17/17!
  • Options
    @gretchypoo I never heard of buy buy baby. When I googled it, the closest one is a little over an hour away, but my husband and I will be in that area (ish) friday/saturday... I might see if I can talk him into stopping in if the weather isn't bad and it's not too hard to get to from where we will be.

@chef'swife thanks for the tip! We will have plenty of days that leaving it on will come in handy. :) I am planning on for sure having a ringsling and wrap though so maybe the ringsling will be used more for shopping and errands. idk yet lol. I'm just hoping this baby wants to be snuggled in close. DD didn't want held unless she was eating and it made me so sad, she loved her swing or car seat carrier.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I think I am going to get a k'tan and a ring sling,  just haven't picked it out yet.  I had a Moby and while it was great for at home, it was hard to put on and off quickly.  For me with 4 kids, I am thinking the baby is going to be on the go quite a bit, like when our 3 kids in baseball season starts up in April or May.  The K'Tan should work for early stages,  and I do have a Beco from before.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Has anyone used the beco ringsling? That's what I was currently looking at... price somewhat played a factor only because I'm not sure how a $150 ringsling could look the exact same but cost 3 times the money. Is there real benefits to the more expensive ones? Or is it just like the difference in "designer" brands? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 what's it made out of? I've heard linen and silk are the way to go. I got a wildbird from the b/s/t fb group for 50 bucks. I think they normally sell for 65? It's really nice, I've tried it with my nephew. 
  • Options
    My Beco is a structured carrier, so I am not sure.   I did drop into a baby wearing meeting and they are a great resource.   
    Married - 7/29/06
    Ben and Maggie - 4/10/09 
    Mia - 6/16/11
    Surprise! due 2/23/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I find the Tula is better when the babies are bigger. The support and weight distribution is way more comfortable. 

• Options
    I put the Ergo 360 on my registry. It comes with an infant insert and is good up 33lbs. Anyone use this one?
    Married: 12/2015
    Me: 37 - H: 39
    TTC#1: 01/2016
    BFP: 06/18/2016 - EDD: 02/20/2017 - Born: 01/27/2017

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I put the Ergo 360 on my registry. It comes with an infant insert and is good up 33lbs. Anyone use this one?
    That's the one we bought -- my SIL has it and loves it, and we tested it with their baby and loved it took. They told us it gives good support. It was expensive but we live in a city and will be using carriers/strollers far more than a car seat so we're hoping it'll be worth it. 
  • Options
    I have a lillebaby, and am planning to get a k'tan. The lillebaby goes from infant to toddler, and seems best for longer trips out. The k'tan I'm planning for the tiny squishy stage, around the house, and short errands.
    I kinda want a k'tan too for that stage. Wraps and carriers get addictive!!
  • Options
    Everyone is going to have different opinions because things fit people differently.  Here is what I like/have used in the past for different stages.

Newborn:  Have used a moby and beco gemini in the past.  For this time around my plan is ring sling, woven wrap, and beco gemini.  The beco is a great option for newbies because it is a structured carrier that can be used with a newborn without an insert.  If anyone wants a blue moby sent me a PM-  happy to send to a new home for a great price 

Older babies:  I am mainly a Tula girl but also enjoy using a kinderpack at times.  I have tried Kanaluti, Bamberoo, Lenny Lamb, Tula canvas, and Tula wrap conversions(probably missing a few others).  Honestly though, your best bet is finding either a retailer or BWI local chapter and going to try things on.  Carriers are like jeans-  one size doesn't fit all.  Ring slings and woven wraps still work fabulous at this stage too.  

Don't spend $150 on a new ring sling without joining the baby wearing swap and baby wearing on a budget groops.  You can find much better deals on used and broken in ones. Broken in is a good thing and might make it even easier to get the hang of. 

• Options
    kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited December 2016
    homemake said:
    @kswiger06 what's it made out of? I've heard linen and silk are the way to go. I got a wildbird from the b/s/t fb group for 50 bucks. I think they normally sell for 65? It's really nice, I've tried it with my nephew. 
    This is the only info I could find ... it said 100% cotton. But I think I'm currently looking at either the wildbird or maybe sakura? 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I didn't wear my son, but plan to wear this one and I have decided on the LÍLLÉbaby Complete. Atleast to get started with. It is an all in one from 7lbs to 45lbs and does not require an infant insert. It is very comfortable to wear as well. I was able to buy mine on Cyber Monday for just less than $100. 
  • Options
    @kswiger06 Ive heard great things about sakura , I didn't consider because of the price. But I completely agree with @scottipino to join a b/s/t on fb. I think you don't have a fb right? I joined wildbird chitchat and while their slings don't go down in value that much, you can probably find something where you save 10 bucks or so. I'm guessing with Sakura you can save as well if you do it that way. And they are better when they're broken in! 
  • Options
    @homemake correct, I do not have a Facebook account, though it sounds more and more needed all the time lol. I was looking at some gently used sakura ones on ebay. And the wildbird ones I can only find new (none on ebay or that I have found locally) I had never heard of wildbird but was looking into because of your recommendation, and they sound nice, but appear to be mostly out of stock currently. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Partyof6? Do you know which k'tan you will be using? I'm unfamiliar with them at all, but was considering the breeze... my logic was that I'd use the solid side while it's cold still then use the perforated part if he can still get in it when it starts warming up.

Also does anyone know about this... the K'tan sounds like babies get too big at an early weight... could you just go up a size when baby is bigger?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    ShawllsShawlls member
    edited December 2016
    I'm excited to babywear again! We have the Ergo 360, and my husband also got me a Wildbird Chambray Ring Sling. Looking forward to the ring sling this time :)