TTC After a Loss

***December WTO***

12346»

Re: ***December WTO***

• @laeberge3 I have been having anxiety all week too.  The worst!  I always get a little anxious around new years.  I wonder if it's just creeping up early for me.  I hope it subsides for you soon. It's soooo draining. 

@SP128 Hope you hop over to tww soon.  
  • Im sorry for the anxiety @laeberge3 and @justsuzie - the holidays can definitely exacerbate that. I enjoy the holidays but Im usually glad when things are back to normal.

CD 15 - I don't know why I resisted temping for so long - its not as complicated as I thought. I feel like i have  consistent enough temps ( even with missing a few days and temping later) that I will be able to notice a temp shift. I have been doing my wondfo opks the past 3 days but I don't have darkening lines - each day they are about the same color. Does that happen to anyone else or I am i just not close enough to O yet?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm echoing @TScalei about the stress and the holiday correlation. 
    I use the easy at home opks so not sure how they compare to the wondfos.  Last month when I got positive opks they were just as dark as the control line when they turned.  They were stark white before and after.  
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited December 2016
    @laeberge3 and @justsuzie Sorry for the anxiety attacks. Anxiety sucks. I find that progressive muscle relaxation really helps me, particularly when I'm trying to fall asleep. It really helps relieve all the muscle tension I carry when I'm anxious. Also, I find that lavender oil/scent has a calming effect when I'm trying to fall asleep. I hope you feel better soon. 

@TScalei We pretty much have low levels of LH in our system at all times, so you should almost always see a faint line on OPKs.  With faint lines before O, it means you're at least 24-48 hours from O. Some women get "fade-in" patterns over a day or two, and others go from faint to positive very quickly. Just keep testing, and your own pattern will become clear. What's your normal CM pattern? Usually an OPK will turn positive 24-48 hours before O (when CM dries up), so your CM patterns could help you guess at when the OPK may turn positive. It's also good you're testing multiple times a day- FMU is bad for OPKs (almost always negative then). Afternoons and evenings are better. I'm glad you're getting the hang of temping though!
  • Thank you so much @ riversong15!!

• Thanks, @TScalei, @RiverSong15, @justsuzie.  These attacks are new for me so it's been scary at times.  I had another today at work so I've finally called and am waiting to talk to my GP.  I also chatted with my OB/GYN's nurse about the issue thinking it might be related to my thyroid.  Actually, I'm worried it's related to the Levothyroxine itself but she acted like there's no other option, so I'll take that question to the RE next week.  All I know is that this is entirely interfering with my everyday, even if I can calm myself down after awhile. 

Day 6 of remarkably similar temps continues.  I have a new Mabis BBT so I'm going to use both going forward to see if it's the thermometer or I've just become extremely regular, haha. 

@TScalei My OPKs nearly always have a faint line, too.  RiverSong15 is on point here! Glad you like temping; I find it very helpful.

Me: 35     DH: 37
    BFP: 1.6.16 | MC: 2.17.16
    BFP: 10.3.16 | CP: 10.11.16
    BFP: 12.14.16 | CP: 12.14.16
    BFP:  1.23.17 | EDD 10.6.17 -- DS born 10.7.17 <3
    BFP:  9.9.18 | EDD 5.23.19 -- DD born 5.24.19 <3
    BFP: 9.1.21 | MC 10.1.21
    BFP: 11.11.21 | EDD 7.24.22 

• Got a nearly positive wondfo today, CD17. Could it be a normal-ish O date? I often get fake out LH surges on the CBAD, but not usually on wondfos. Not going to get my hopes up and time will tell. Finally broke my same BBT temperature this morning with a fever of 100.7, but thankfully I am feeling okay and it's dropped. Definitely ringing in the new year with some BD! 

• Hi All. I am back at CD 1. 

I do have a TMI question: So it's my first AF after my CP at the beginning of December, 26 days ago. My concern is that this period is starting exactly like the last one (it lasted two days), with lots of dark brown and black blood with clots. It's also pretty light overall. I am not sure if this is normal or if I should expect this AF to be different because of the CP last cycle.

I guess I will have to see how it progresses, but when I research, it says that AF should not start with lots of brown and black clotting blood. It said that might normal toward the end of the cycle, but not the beginning. I plan to ask my OB about it at my annual at the end of January, but curious if others have had this experience or have thoughts.

Thanks for any insights!
  • FWIW, my AF always starts very quickly with clots and clumps and cramping. It is dark red, but I've noticed that it turns brown very quickly. I don't usually have spotting until the 5th or 6th day and then it is pink, not brown. I'm not sure if that's helpful, but I'm sure your OB will have answers or reassurance for you. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • dragonfly87-2dragonfly87-2 member
    edited December 2016
    @babypi: Thanks for the response. Has your doc ever been concerned about your periods? Most of the articles I have red said clots and brown at the beginning is potentially a sign of issues. 
  • @dragonfly87 honestly I've never mentioned it to my doctors. We've talked about how heavy my flow is and the avg length of my periods, but up until getting pregnant the first time, I had clockwork cycles despite having pituitary issues. None of my doctors have asked about how AF starts. But it's been my normal since I was 11. If this is new for you, it could be from the CP, and it could just be a fluke this month. Definitely bring it up with your OB if you're concerned. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • People who are good at charting so you think I ovulated yet?
    edited December 2016
    @HopefulMommy1980 Based on temps, it's possible that you Od yesterday. Based on CM, maybe CD10? What was CM like the last two days? Any OPKs? And do you normally O early? Sorry for playing twenty questions... Lol. Either way, I'd keep HIO until you get three or more high temps like today's.

Edit: You could try putting temps like today's in for tomorrow and monday in FF and seeing if you get CH... Not that I've ever done that or anything... o:)
  • Work has kept me busy so I forgot to okp the last few days. O day has varied. My cycles vary from 26 to 33 days. The last two have been 30.  Cm has been more egg whites not really anything today. 

@riversong15 thanks for all of your help. Charting confuses the heck out of me
    edited December 2016
    @hopefulmommy1980 No problem. I'm happy to chart stalk. If you've been having fertile CM and it dried up today with the temp spike, it's definitely possible you Od. If you have average LPs, it fits with your shorter cycle lengths (26ish days). BBT charting is always confusing for me before O, because it doesn't predict anything. Usually by 3-5 DPO everything becomes clearer. Before then, it can be hard to tell if something was just a random spike or not. Also, FF has a "Chart Game" feature where you look at example charts and guess O date. It helped me get a feel for figuring out charting. 
  • Also entering the data for the next two days from thinks I o'd yesterday
  • @babypi: thanks for the response. I will ask at my annual. I also want to ask about progesterone testing given I have had three cycles of insane insomnia from 9-14dpo only. I have a normal length luteal phase but my temps go below the cover line well before AF arrives. So something is going on.  
  • So .... After you DTD, how long after do you expect to be leaking? Like one day? By day two should you think that it's back to being CM? sorry for the gross question. Thursday at 1am (so I guess technically Friday) we did, but today (Saturday) I'm having watery/egg white CM. Wondering if it's actually CM though. 
  • @TheFox&amp;TheSparrow  Typically, you can check CM about 12 hours after BD, so you should be safe to call what you're seeing CM. 

• Cd 12. Took temp about an hour later than normal and there was a spike from 97.23 yesterday to 97.66 this morning. Really hoping it's  because it's later than usual. Ff used an open circle. Been doing opk since cd 10. I got a positive this morning. Bad timing if I somehow o'ed already.  

I know I probably didn't o yet but the the bsc/struggle is real.
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18