January 2016 Moms
Options

Gifts for dads

What's everyone getting for Dad from LO?  I was thinking about having DS get DH a Lego set since he collects those, but I wanted to do something about being a dad as well.  Anyone have any cute ideas?

Re: Gifts for dads

• Options
    Is there something Lego that could be personalized? Perhaps a Lego ornament with the date sort of thing? My husband is into unique pocket knives so I ordered one and had engraved Dad on one side and baby bday on the other for Father's day and he really liked it.
  • Options
    Nothing. Haha. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    l4rk said:
    Nothing. Haha. 
    I second this lol 
  • Options
    l4rk said:
    Nothing. Haha. 
    I second this lol 
    Thirding this! Once LO is big enough to think of a gift we will do one, but not just to give a gift for the sake of giving one.
  • Options
    Hahahaha! Isn't me doing 90% of the child-rearing enough gift?
    Just kidding. We have 4 kids, so if I got him a gift from every kid, they wouldn't get anything.
    We just wait until they're old enough, and then they can make something, or buy something.
    My favorite kid gift was a story my then 7-year-old stepson wrote me. Seriously a half-page story. I still have it.
  • Options
    krrpe99krrpe99 member
    edited December 2016
    Daddy does most of the reading to DD. So I'm thinking about just adding a book to the collection. That should make for a good gift from her. 
  • Options
    l4rkl4rk member
    edited December 2016
    @krrpe99 That's a great idea! Does she have the Gruffalo? As an adult, that's one of my faves to read... the board book version is also the full story, which is nice.

Edit because quote feature didn't work.