May 2017 Moms

Baby Gear and Baby Item Recomendations - attempt #2

Thanks to the Bump going under maintenance, a chunk of messages and threads on Wednesday disappeared and have not come back since. Fortunately I still had the recommendation page up on my computer since I was in the middle of working on my answers, so I'm bringing this back! 

Thread originally started by @schnitz9 below

So I guess I just start a thread for the FTM on some recommendations from us STM.  If any STM would like to help out it would be great. Please fill in below what brand and model you have.

Infant Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Toddler Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Stroller (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Pack n Play (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Swing (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Bouncy Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Crib (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Monitor (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Breast Pump (pros, cons, would you recommend)

High Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Bottles (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Diaper Bag (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Misc Items you can't live without

Items that are def not needed and you found a waste of money

Re: Baby Gear and Baby Item Recomendations - attempt #2

• @schnitz9 's responses below:

Infant Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Uppababy Mesa.

Pros-Super easy to use and install, clicks right into my stroller, it has a no thread harness (meaning when you move the headrest the harness moves with it so you never have to re-thread through the back)

Cons-Its is a bit heavy (I have the 2014 version, the newer version is much lighter) and it is a bit pricey at $300 for carseat and 1 base. 2nd base is an extra $120, and it isn't compatible with many strollers 

I would highly recommend I absolutely love it!

We originally had a Diono Rainer but I returned because I was so high rearfacing and I hated it.

We have 2 graco 4 ever seats

Pros-Super easy to install, again no rethreading, and we can use for up to 10 years

cons-none its really is the best carseat

Would Def recommend for anyone of they don't plan to use an infant seat since it hold a newborn and is a great rearfacing seat

I have 8 so I won't list them all. Just the ones I use the most.

Everyday Stroller is Uppababy Vista (2015 newer version trust me makes a huge difference)

Pros-Huge basket, comes with bassinet, great push, can make into a double stroller, super versatile, great customer service

Cons-HEAVY, very wide, $860

I would def recommend to anyone as it is well worth the money and you will get a ton of use

Umbrella Stroller is Graco Breeze

Pros-Very easy to close, reclines fully flat, will accept a graco carseat, adjustable footrest

Cons-It is a bit flimsy and not a great push, wish the basket was bigger

Would recommend as the fold is so easy it takes seconds to do which is great when you're traveling

Double stroller-Bugaboo Donkey

Pros-One of the only strollers that converts from a single to a double side by side, double that can parent fact, great push

Cons- IT IS MASSIVE, have to take both seats off to fold, very heavy, low weight limit for seats, SUPER EXPENSIVE $1400-$1900

Would recommend for anyone with twins and someone that likes to take a lot of walks.  Not a good car stroller

Travel/in law stroller-bugaboo bee

Pros-Lightweight, parent faces, decent size basket

Cons-it is a bit tricky to unfold and narrow seat

Would recommend as a car stroller and for zoo and theme parks

Graco Pack n Play deluxe with newborn napper

Pros-Great changing area on top, has vibration, plays music

Cons-the diaper holder on the side was a joke, my son was not a fan of the napper part either

I would recommend as this is great to have downstairs in your living room and you can change the baby there and let them nap too

Graco DuetSoothe Deluxe

Pros-Chair comes off and becomes a bouncy chair, seat reclines and swivels, sound and vibration

Cons-non

I loved this and would highly recommend it is prob next to our strollers the item we used the most.

none we used the seat from the swing

Romina

Pros-Lifetime warranty, very sturdy, 4-1 crib that will eventually become a full size bed

Con-Very heavy, take 16-20 weeks since they are made to order in Romania, can be pricey ours was $1100

Would recommend our entire set as they have a lifetime warranty and the craftsmanship is impeccable.

Motorola MP36S

Pro-can pan camera around using monitor, plays music, can add a 2nd camera, two way can talk to baby

Con-BATTERY SUCKS

I would kinda recommend.  There are better ones not on the market. Motorala does have issues with their batteries too. But I do love the panning camera which is def a must when you child is mobile.

Madela Pump In Style

Pros- Very easy to use, good suction, very reliable, great customer service

Cons-Mine didn't come with a carry bag and wish it had a timer

I would recommend as madela is a very reliable brand

Graco Blossom 4 in 1 DLX

Pros-Can use is 4 different ways, you can use it for 2 children at the same time, come with 2 extra trays for easy cleaning

Cons-doesn't recline to far so not good for newborn and a bit bulky

Would Def recommend since I can use for 2 kids at once and I don't have to get a 2nd highchair

Madela for breastmilk, avent natural and Tommie tippee closer to nature for formula

I would def recommend all the bottles I had as the nipples were easy for my son to latch onto with a tongue tie

Kate Spade Stevie Black and White Polka dot diaper bag

Pros-Everything. My first baby purchase ever.  It is the best holds everything and doesn't look like a diaper bag.  Ton of storage and easy to clean.

Cons-Price $400 (however I got mine at a labor day sale at their outlet for $150)

Misc Items You can live with out

Fisher Price Rock n play-My son had reflux and slept in this for the first 6 weeks. Its great since it kinda hugs them and elevates their heads.  Its not recommended for sleep, but in the beginning they don't sleep that long as you really shouldn't leave them unattended anyway.  I only wish we had the auto rock one.  This is a must.  If you get the regular one be prepared to be up all night leaning over the bed rocking it.

Baby Einstein bouncer-This was great started using it at 4 months when he was able to start sitting up a bit.  He loved the sounds and the colors.  He could bounce in it for hours.

Nose Frida-My son had his adenoids out at 12 months so before them he was constantly full of snot.  This was the best thing to use and really got everything out.  We tried EVERYTHING and this really did work the best.  Don't be intimidated by the idea of it.  Yes you do suck but there is a filter so the snot doesn't get in your mouth. 

Formula dispenser-These usually come with the bottle kits.  But it was great I would put the scoops in the 3 areas of the containers and then throw it in my diaper bag.  It was much easier than using plastic bags or the formula packets which can be pricey. Plus its only like $4.

Pee Tee Pee-My sis got me these and they are still in the bag.  Seriously just use a diaper.  Boy Moms can hopefully agree with me on this. But you do learn to realize when your son is gonna pee.  If the little guy is sticking out cover him up. If he's hiding you're in the clear. 

Wipe Warmer-Such a joke.  My kid doesn't need warm wipes.  He really could care less.

Bottle sterilizer-Most are dishwasher safe and just buy a dishwasher rack.  Also madela makes microwave sterilizer bags that are great.

Hope I covered everything!

• @bacorrea 's responses below

Infant Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)  Britax Chaperone Infant Car seat. *I would recommend *Pros: It ranges from 4lbs-30lbs so if you have a premie/small baby the car seat it good to go.*Cons The car seat weighs 20lbs. It gets pretty heavy, especially if you have a bigger baby. It's pretty large. If you have a smaller car it may be an issue. It made out passenger seat unusable because we had to move the seat up so far and DH and I are tall. 

**Remember all car seats must meet safety standards. The best car seat is one that is going to properly fit in your car. 

Toddler Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend) Diono Radian RXT. I HIGHLY recommend this car seat. I switched DD to this at 3 months. *Pros RF weight is 5lbs-45lbs, full steel frame, folds flat and has straps for travel, can fit 3 across if need be, 5 point harness. I really just love this seat. *Con price, it's hard to get this seat for under $200

Stroller (pros, cons, would you recommend) Britax B-Agile. I hate this stroller and will be getting a different stroller (possible a double stroller). I mainly hate it because there is no basket space underneath. My DH was deployed when DD was 3months-16months so I was alone a lot and always wished I had more storage. I bought this and the infant car seat because a friend recommend the set. 

Pack n Play (pros, cons, would you recommend) Graco Pack 'N Play Playard with Reversible Napper/Changer. It was a fine Pack n Play. We rarely used it. I still have it for this time around. I think a Pack n Play is not a necessary item. It depends on your lifestyle. 

Swing (pros, cons, would you recommend) Fisher Price Papasan Cradle Swing. My daughter hated the swing. I ended up selling it. It was fine though. I definitely recommend getting a swing that runs by battery and can plug in. 

Bouncy Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend) Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker. I highly recommend this product! For only $30 it was one of my daughter favorite items. It's just this chair that can rock and it is so lightweight. I could put the chair in the bathroom and strap DD in and take a shower. I love love love this chair. 

Crib (pros, cons, would you recommend) We bought a cheapo crib from Target. It worked just fine. I am hoping we have all the screws still haha. 

Monitor (pros, cons, would you recommend) Again, DH was deployed so DD was in my room. We bought a cheapo Vtech Communications Safe & Sound Digital Audio Monitor. It was rarely used. It was great though when it was used. It was great if you don't want a video monitor and at $35 you can't beat the price. 

Breast Pump (pros, cons, would you recommend) Mine wasn't covered by insurance at the time. I had the Medela Swing. It was great, but I'm excited to get a higher end Medela this time around. 

High Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend) Fisher Price Spacesaver Highchair. This chair is awesome if you have an extra chair to strap it too. It wipes down easily and the cover comes off super easy and can be thrown in the wash. I recommend for sure. 

Bottles (pros, cons, would you recommend) We ended up using Tomee Tipee Bottles. They were great. I recommend waiting until the baby is here to see what type of bottle the baby will take. Every baby is different and some babies are specific on what nipple they will take. I wouldn't go spend hundreds of dollars on bottles until you know if the baby will take that bottle brand. 

Diaper Bag (pros, cons, would you recommend) I got Vera Bradley Diaper bag for the beginning, it was great but heavy. I think diaper bag is really about your personality. I will suggest that I just ditched the purse all together, bought a cute clutch and only had a diaper bag and a clutch. I couldn't be carrying around several bags. 

Misc Items You can live with out

-My Brest Friend Pillow. This is THE BEST breastfeeding pillow. It has a buckle so it actually straps on to you. The Boppy is nice, but my kid was constantly moving and the Boppy didn't stay in place.

-Earth Mama Angel Baby Natural Nipple cream. My mom has a wool allergy so I stayed away from Lasinoh 

-Sleep sacks are awesome, DD hated being swaddled. 

-Munchkin Arm & Hammer Diaper bags. These are great to have in your diaper bag. Baby has a blow out, terrible smelling diaper, whatever and you're not near a trash, these are great for containing the smell. 

-Boogie Wipes! They are the best.

-Boba Wrap, I love it! I really recommend getting some type of carrier. It's impossible to grocery shop with the infant car seat in the basket (it's not supposed to sit on the seat, it could tip the basket!!) 

-Rock n Play!! DD slept in this for the first 3 months 

-Bumbo. DD's thighs were too thick for it haha 

• Loading the player...
  • @chickyclg 's responses below:

Infant Carseat - Chicco Keyfit 30, pro- very easy to adjust, minimum weight 4lbs. Con you have to re-thread the harness to adjust the strap height.  Recommend!

Toddler Car Seat - Chicco Nextfit Zips.  Pros-easy to adjust, Deep Seat (great for extended RFing), "plush", no re-thread harness, and it Zips off for easy cleaning.  Con- heavy, and bulky.  We switched around 8 months, DS has a rare spinal deformity and the infant seat was bruising his back.  Recommend! (Unless you need 3 across)

Stroller- Baby Jogger City Mini GT Double.  Pros- turns on a dime, Nice wheels, large canopies, seat lays flat for young babies.  Con- can't face mom, heavy. Recommend for twins or 2u2

Baby Jogger City Select- Pro- modular stroller, easily converts from 1-2, nice wheels, easily caries 2 car seats, nice canopies, not as long as standard tandem strollers.  Con, a little longer than I prefer so it was harder to push (not near as hard as other tandems). Recommend.

Pack n Play-  I just had plain Graco ones with bassinets. No pros or cons really.

Swing- it was a Snug a Puppy one, nothing special besides it would swing side to side and front to back, Twins preferred different directions. Con- took up a lot of space.

Bouncy Chairs- some kind of basic ones from Target, but I loved them because they had vibration and a lot of bounce.

Monitor - Motorola, pro- expandable Con- replaced power cord 

Breast Pump- Medela PISA.  Worked well, a little loud. Recommend 

High Chair. Fisher price space savers, doesn't  take up a ton of room, easy to clean. Con- can't remove the bottom straps

Bottles- Avent Naturals, absolutely zero complaints.

Items that are def not needed and you found a waste of money (coming back to this, kids woke up from nap)

• I didn't see it above, but Fisher Price sit me up seat > than Bumbo. I'll be back with more.
  • emilyalsoemilyalso member
    edited November 2016

Infant Carseat - Chicco Keyfit30 - Highly recommend! This isn't the #1 consideration, certainly, but it comes in SO MANY colors. :) I think it is pretty lightweight as far as infant seats go and it' easy to install the base. 

Toddler Carseat - We haven't started using ours yet, but based on friend rec's we bought the Britax Boulevard. When May baby outgrows the infant seat (reusing from DS), we will get a Diono Radian for DS and use the Britax for May baby. 

Stroller - Highly recommend a caddy stroller for your infant seat! We also have a Baby Jogger City Mini GT (our 'big stroller" and GB Qbit (our "small stroller"). Love the City Mini - it folds up really well, although unfolding is a big awkward. It does lean back for babies, but I found it to be REALLY awkward for him to ride in until he could sit up very well. I just snapped in his carseat until he was able to sit and ride comfortably in the stroller seat. The Qbit folds up to be SOOOO SMALL. It's quick and easy to fold and unfold, and I mostly use it for running around. CON: sometimes the wheels go all wonky like a crazy grocery cart - they straighten out, but it's mildly annoying. 

Pack n Play - Graco Pack-n-Play Playard - LOVE! I think any with a little changing area would work about the same. When we had DS sleeping in our room, the Pack-n-play was our changing table/supply holder. 

Swing - Fisher Price Take-Along Swing and Seat - DO NOT RECOMMEND! The batterie last about 5 minutes. Spend the money on a larger swing that you can plug in! 

Bouncy Chair - Ours was second hand but similar to Fisher Price Baby Bouncer - I would medium recommend one of these. There wasn't a long period of time where we used it, but while we did, it was nice to contain him - and he seemed happy in it. I wouldn't pay full price for one. 

Crib - Baby's Dream Willa Crib - we really splurged on this, because it was my dream crib. Everything else in his room is consignment or thrift store! Recommend! Easy to adjust and beautiful. :) 

Monitor - Levana Astra - Medium recommend - not a great battery life. We are right across the hall from DS, so I have the sound turned OFF. I can hear him in real life without the echo on the monitor. Range is pretty good - hubs has taken it to the yard with him before. 

Breast Pump - Medela InStyle - free through ins. I didn't use it super a lot, so maybe defer to women who used theirs a lot. I like it well enough and have no complaints though. 

High Chair - Fisher Price Healthy Care Booster Seat - I really like this seat - it wasn't great when he was wishy-washy on sitting up as it is definitely wider than a baby bottom. But, it's so simple to stick in a chair and it doesn't take up extra room on the floor around your table/kitchen. 

Bottles - Dr. Brown - LOVE THEM! Worth washing extra parts! Whatever bottles you choose, skip the 4oz all together - your baby will eventually drink more than that and you'll need bigger ones anyway. 

Diaper Bag - https://www.etsy.com/listing/129433540/waterproof-black-best-seller-diaper?ref=shop_home_active_41 LOVE THIS BAG! I had it bookmarked long before I had a baby. CON: Light parts are hard to keep looking clean. PRO: So many pockets inside, sturdy construction, holds a lot! 

Misc Items you can't live without - Not 'gear,' but ALL THE ONESIES! Seriously... buy every pack. And toss them if there is a blowout (it's not worth the trouble). 

Items that are def not needed and you found a waste of money - DS did NOT like the SwaddleMe velcro wrap things. I think the baby mittens are a waste - if you REALLY need something, you can double socks as mittens. Most newborn shirts have little flaps that can cover their hands. 

• @schnitz9 have you noticed if any of your strollers work better on grassy areas or off road areas better than the others? Or anyone else for that matter? This is a big feature we are looking for.
  • @absbubbs any jogging stroller will work MUCH better on off- road areas than a traditional stroller. They tend to have more like a bicycle tire rather than a plastic shopping cart type tire. I have an Eddie Bauer jogger, and it is great off-road (sand, gravel, grass, etc. ) 
    check the reviews on the joggers, though- there are some that have an issue with the front wheel locking and tipping the stroller! 
  • @pshaortao again, I love you. Thank you for having the responses saved! 
  • bacorrea said:
    @pshaortao again, I love you. Thank you for having the responses saved! 
    Yes! Thanks again! I spent a ton of time on it lol.

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Love this thread. Keep 'em coming! I want to buy buy buy and register register register
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • pshaortaopshaortao member
    edited November 2016
    Infant Carseat 
    Britax B-Safe (2014), I think it was lightweight enough at around 8-10lbs without an infant in it. I didn't love hauling it around unless I really needed to. It was super easy to put in and take out of the car. We used it until about 8 months old and will be using it again for this one.

Toddler Carseat 
    Britax Boulevard Click tight. Super easy to install and we're still using it since DD is only 2ish year old. She is still rearfacing and seems to be comfortable.

Strollers
    Britax B-Agile. We had gotten the infant seat and the stroller together as a great deal and did not research strollers much before hand. We used this until we switched to a convertible carseat. We loved that the seat can click into this, but we did not love the stroller itself. As nice as it looks, it did not come with a cup holder thing for either the kiddo or the parent (must order extra parts), it did not steer great (3 wheels), basket was a little bit too deep under (harder to reach) and not large enough. We will use it again only because it's nice to click the carseat on top of it, but that's about it. I would not recommend this particular stroller.

Graco. I have absolutely no idea which model we have or how old it is. My mom had bought it used from someone on her local buy/sell/trade group so we could use it whenever we visited. I ended up liking it so much more than the other stroller because of better steering, cupholders and a larger and more accessible basket so I just took it back with me. This one, I would recommend. Honestly I should have just gone to the store and tested out a few strollers. It's a great way to get a feel for how it steers and if you feel the basket fits your need in term of access and capacity.

Pack n Play 
    Graco. A friend had gotten one as a gift but it sat in her garage unopened for at least 5 years so she gave it to us.It had all these extra stuff like a newborn bassinet, shade thing, etc. We didn't need the extra stuff and just kept them in the box. The PnP itself was great to have, when DD started crawling around and I really needed to get stuff done, I could put her in it with a bunch of toys for a bit without worrying about her. It was also great for travel, even if it was just a daytrip. She could at least take a nap in it comfortably. I plan to use the newborn changer this time around since we are house hunting and single story homes are not very common here. It seems like it will be very practical to have it on the first floor and a changing table on the second floor in the nursery so I don't have to go up just for a diaper change. I definitely recommend having one.

Swing
    I can't remember what we have! I'm terrible ha. It's currently in storage but I'm pretty sure it's Fisher Price. My parents got it from a friend who was using it for their grandkids. We used it quite a bit especially if she was fighting naptime. I liked that it had different speeds and songs. It did require 4 double D batteries and we had to change it a few times in the first year, so either stock on up batteries or find something that may last longer. 

Bouncy Chair
    We never got one so this does not apply to us.

Crib
    Delta Bentley 4 in 1 in white. There was a really great sale and promotion going on this particular week and I had to drive extra to get this particular crib since a lot of stores were already sold out. I knew I wanted white and I liked the design. It's simple yet elegant enough, and has the ability to convert to a toddler bed or DD is still using it as a regular crib. I think the biggest con IMO is the toddler rail is pathetically small and costly if you want to get it later. Whenever she's done using it as a crib, we will either convert it into a daybed or get her a new twin bed. I would recommend it, but be prepared for teeth mark for those teething days. I eventually got some fleece fabric and did this cute design on the side of it until she was done teething on it. Unfortunately the damage is already done. Oops.

Monitor 
    Because I'm deaf, I had to get one that vibrates, which is a Graco Secure Coverage Baby Monitor. I just stick it under my pillow and when DD would cry or call out, it would vibrate and wake me up. The battery life would not be good enough for a full night after a year, but it was easy enough to order batteries and just replace them. I only recommend it if you have a hearing loss. I think they don't make this particular one anymore and have a newer version. 

Our video monitor is the VTech VM301. I originally ordered it because it has a vibrate option, but it only vibrate one time instead of constantly if a baby is crying, which is a big no for me. We did end up loving it. It has the option to connect up to four cameras so I already ordered a 2nd camera for this one. It will show the temperature of the baby's room, IR night vision, has 2-way talk intercom which is more useful now at age 2 than earlier (a simple go to bed will make her drop!), wall mountable, and more. It also has great range that we can even take a little walk in front of our place without losing signal. We did not want wifi capability to prevent hackers. I definitely would recommend. 

Breast Pump 
    Mine was Ameda, paid for by insurance. I didn't use it much but it did the job when I needed it. I would contact insurance since most will provide a pump for free, before shopping around. This pump was the only one that insurance offered. If you are given more choices, I would definitely research, especially if you plan to work full time and pump at work.

High Chair 
    Graco Blossom 4 in 1. It's great, very sturdy, has two additional trays which is fantastic for a lazy mom like me. DD still use it without any complaint. We use one clean tray for each meal and I will wash them all every afternoon instead of after every meal. And it has a booster seat option, so when this LO is ready to use the high chair, DD can use the booster seat. She will be 3 at that point and hopefully with better manners. We tried the booster seat option recently and all she cared about was reaching over and grabbing from our plates instead of eating her own food. We also prefered to use the high chair without the seat cover after a few months in the early days of BLW. It's just so much easier to maintain and DD is still comfortable. I would recommend it unless you have a small place and don't want something bulky.

Bottles
    We got a couple Avent bottles for free for registering so we tried those and fortunately they worked out well, so we bought more after.

Diaper Bag
    Skip Hop Messenger Bag. It was neutral and just fine. I don't love it and have since gotten honey or something spilled in it. Because of that I have not used it all year. I plan to get a backpack type this time since I will be juggling two. Carrying a baby while having the diaper bag on my shoulder is not a favorite pastime at all. I currently use an Eddie Buaur small travel bag that holds some of the basic things we need, and I just keep a change of clothes in the car when I remember to. One thing I did like about the Skip Hop bag was that you could clip it onto the stroller

Misc Items you will use again and recommend:
    Nose Frida - so much easier to get the snot out! DD hated it but it was way quicker.

Boppy - I loved it, not just for breastfeeding, but for cuddles and those early days when the LO starts to sit up independently but had the tendency to fall back easily. We had wood floor so it really helped her from hitting her noggin hard!

Summer Infant SwaddleMe- I was determined to learn how swaddle and it just did not work out well. The Summer Me Infant sleep sacks were fantastic, but I know it does not work for everybody. DD slept so well swaddled in it. We eventually switched to a Zippadee Zip which I thought was great especially since we switched during the winter time and the fleece one was nice for keeping her warm. We could probably have done without it though, since she was not one of those kids who instantly slept through the night in it..

Ergo carrier - I'm surprised carrier isn't on the list! I loved ours and will use it again once this one can hold its head up. I plan to try a summer friendly wrap for this one.

Not a baby gear, but for the early days of breast feeding, I got these gel pads (soothies) that were amazeball. A LC saw how badly cracked I was after only 24 hours and I was in tears every time DD latched, so she prescribed me one from the pharmacy. They lasted about a week and I went and requested another one. I'm hoping the hospital I will be at this time will have time, otherwise I'm going to order them with overnight delivery! Totally worth the $$ 

Also not baby gear related but we got a black out curtain early on. We are not morning people at all and the sunlight can really wake DD up early, so once we got the curtain, we got her schedule adjusted to 8-830pm-8-9am. Otherwise she would be up as early as soon the sun is up which is way too early

I really cannot think of anything for the life of me! I will come back and edit if anything come to mind. We avoided a lot of things because my last BMB had a fantastic keep/toss/buy thread so I paid great attention to what STMs said for toss.

• Question as I'm 99% set on the Nuna Pipa. Should I worry about car seat color? For instance, should I avoid black as it absorbs heat? Or should I avoid it because of spit up stains? 
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Infant Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)  I just had a Graco infant seat with both.  I liked it.  Light and easy to install and carry when they were little.  Nothing fancy but they don't use them long.  Both my kids were out around 7 months because they got too heavy.

Toddler Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)  My advice is to invest in a good "forever" seat.  I've bought three convertibles now because I didn't research the seats I got and ended up wanting a different feature, like extended rear facing.  I kept buying cheaper Carseat and if I'd just bought a good one from the get go I would have actually saved money.

Stroller (pros, cons, would you recommend)  We got an umbrella stroller at a second hand store for $20 when we went on vacation to Hawaii when I was 28 weeks pregnant.  It was the one and only time we used a strolled.  I'm happy we didn't buy a pricey one.

Pack n Play (pros, cons, would you recommend) We got a nice one.  Chicco Lullaby, I think.  We never used a crib, used this instead.  Two kids later I still love it!  I'll use it with my third.

Swing (pros, cons, would you recommend)  We had an expensive Fisher price swing and a cheap Boppy swing.  Both did the trick.  I prefer the Boppy a bit more because it was smaller and took up less room.

Bouncy Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend)  Never had one, but we had the Rock N Play and loved it!!  I want a self rocking one this time and will probably get rid of the swing and just use that.

Crib (pros, cons, would you recommend)  Never had one.  Never missed it.

Monitor (pros, cons, would you recommend)  Never had one.  Never missed it.

Breast Pump (pros, cons, would you recommend)  If you work I recommend the Freemie.  I could sit at my desk and work while pumping.  It was awesome.  I hated pumping with my other pump because I couldn't get it to work hands free.  I didn't like the Medela PIS.  I heard the Spectra is nice but never tried it.

High Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend)   Never had one.  Never missed it.  We used a Bumbo I stead.

Bottles (pros, cons, would you recommend)  The cheap bottles I got on clearance at K MART ended up being my favorite.  And the ones that came with my Medela pump.  I don't remember the brand of the K Mart ones.

Diaper Bag (pros, cons, would you recommend)  I used a regular messenger bag that I had from before.  Never had a dedicated diaper bag.

Misc Items you can't live without   I liked having a play mat, but it's something they don't use very long so don't spend a ton on it.  Our Pack N Play came with one that we used.  Also Scout and Violet the dogs have been huge hits with both kids.  We use them to keep them entertained during diaper changes. 

We also cloth diaper and I love Happy Flute AIOs.  I got a bunch with velcro and day care loves them because the go on just like disposables.  If anyone in your life will watch your baby who is anti-cloth diapers or someone with arthritis who can't do snaps, I recommend these.  The velcro has held up even after two kids so far.  The third will wear them.  We tried Bumbo Genius velcro diapers, too, and the velcro curled and became crap after only a few months with kid 1.  And they weren't cheap diapers!  Happy Flutes are $6-7 per diaper compared to $20 per diaper.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• Ah!  One more.  I tried a ton of carriers.  I used to be a baby gear reviewer so I had about a dozen carriers.  And I worked for Ergo for a bit and they like to give away carriers when you work for them.  But the Lillebaby was my favorite, hands down.  I got rid of every other carrier and now only have that one.  But, if you can, try going to a convention and trying them on.  You may find one that really sticks out to you in the comfort department.  What I find comfortable you may not.

B born 7/15/13, C born 3/2/15, #3 on the way May '17

I’m a modern man, a man for the millennium. Digital and smoke free. A diversified multi-cultural, post-modern deconstruction that is anatomically and ecologically incorrect. I’ve been up linked and downloaded, I’ve been inputted and outsourced, I know the upside of downsizing, I know the downside of upgrading. I’m a high-tech low-life. A cutting edge, state-of-the-art bi-coastal multi-tasker and I can give you a gigabyte in a nanosecond! I’m new wave, but I’m old school and my inner child is outward bound. I’m a hot-wired, heat seeking, warm-hearted cool customer, voice activated and bio-degradable. I interface with my database, my database is in cyberspace, so I’m interactive, I’m hyperactive and from time to time I’m radioactive.

• JCWhitey said:
    Ah!  One more.  I tried a ton of carriers.  I used to be a baby gear reviewer so I had about a dozen carriers.  And I worked for Ergo for a bit and they like to give away carriers when you work for them.  But the Lillebaby was my favorite, hands down.  I got rid of every other carrier and now only have that one.  But, if you can, try going to a convention and trying them on.  You may find one that really sticks out to you in the comfort department.  What I find comfortable you may not.
    So true, I absolutely love my Tula but I have a friend that only likes Ergos.  They are kind of like a pair jeans, it might fit, but not the "perfect fit" if it's not the right one for you you're less likely to love it as much.  I highly recommend checking them out in person. 

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• absbubbs said:
    @schnitz9 have you noticed if any of your strollers work better on grassy areas or off road areas better than the others? Or anyone else for that matter? This is a big feature we are looking for.
    The best ones I would have to say is the vista, bob, and bugaboo donkey. These have a suspension system so it absorbs shock of different terrains. The bob is a jogger so remember that. Also the donkey is not good for cars since it's huge and the fold takes forever.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-06/2014-EDD 02/16/2015
    Valentine boy born 02/14/2015
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks
    Surprise BFP-09/13/16 EDD 5/26/17

PitaPata Dog tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Infant Carseat - Maxi cosi. I love the large sun canopy. Super easy to clean and light weight. Haven't found anything I dislike about it. Used it with baby #1 until about 9 or 10 months when he got too heavy for me to  carry.

Toddler Carseat - Diono Radian - LOVE. My favorite part is the sides are low profile so you don't have to lift your child up high to get them into it, also can be rear facing for an extended period of time. I got a great deal on it during amazon prime day last year.  We also have a graco my size 65 and it works fine, I just bump my child's head constantly on the roof when I am getting him in and out.

Stroller- LOVE my city elite. @schnitz9 it does great outside. We walk outside almost daily and go on nature trails and it has been great. The extra large tires are nice. The stroller is a bit heavier than some to get in and out of the car but that's ok with me. Its a sturdy stroller. 1.5 years later it still looks brand new.

Pack n Play - Some graco one. I used the changing feature but it always leaned to one side which annoyed me. It was under 150$. We have used it a ton.

Swing- Ingenuity inlighten. Worked great. My son enjoyed seeing it light up and play music.

Bouncy Chair - Don't have one. But I do have a jumperoo. Fisher price love you zoo. Baby loved it.

Crib- Simmons kids gray chevron crib. Looks beautiful with the dresser. My child bit the top rail a little bit and the paint chipped pretty easily. I had to put a rail cover on. Otherwise, works good.

Monitor- Foscam. Husband loves it but I don't think its that great. Wouldn't really recommend.

Breast Pump - Medella. Put a lot of hours on this pump and didn't have any problems. Bought the AC adaptor for the car.

High Chair- Boon flair. I have a love/hate with this chair. Love how it looks and its super easy to clean. I hate how my child can rock the seat around.

Bottles- Lansinoh momma. Easy to clean. My son went from bottle to breast no problem. He only ever used the 5oz bottles.. they really hold over 6oz. Didn't even really use the larger bottles unless the smaller ones were dirty.

Diaper Bag- Petunia pickle bottom boxy backpack. Love the functionality and the fold out changing pad. It is a bit heavy but its a quality bag.

Misc Items you can't live without - Hands-free pumping bra- lansinoh kind. Fisher price sit me up seat. Brica light up car mirror- this is my #1 couldn't live without! also the lansinoh pearl breast therapy!

Items that are def not needed and you found a waste of money- Baby shoes. Unless baby can walk I think they are pointless.

• Infant Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend)

Graco Click Connect Travel System (with the Graco Snugride 35). I had no issues with the car seat- it was so convenient being able to snap it from the car base to the stroller. Having to buy a convertible relatively early (DS is a big boy) wasn't ideal, but for me, being able to carry him in his infant car seat for the first few months was great- especially for cold weather. 

Graco Extend2Fit- it is AWESOME. It has the highest (I believe) rear facing weight limit, which is what I was looking for. As I said above, DS is a big boy, and I want to rear face him for as long as possible. It also is very easily adjustible. It is big and bulky, but fits nicely in my Jetta. We ended up buying 2, one for each car. 

As part of the Graco Click Connect Travel System, we got the Graco FastAction Fold Jogger. It's been fantastic, both as an everyday stroller and as a running stroller. DS loves it, and always seems cozy. It folds easily, although it is bulky because of the large tires (as with any jogging stroller). We have had to reinflate the tires a couple of times, but we use it often. 

Graco Pack n Play with the napper and changer. Honestly, we never used the napper/changer part at all. The pack n play itself is great, folds and unfolds very easily. We've used it as a crib when traveling, and DS sleeps well in it. 

Fisher‑Price My Little Snugapuppy Cradle 'n Swing- definitely would recommend this a thousand times over. DS loved this thing when he was little, and would snooze or just chill in it forever. Ours has a mirror in the middle of the mobile part that he especially loved. It swings side to side as well as front to back, which made a huge difference to DS at times, who knows why. 

We had the cheapo Fisher Price Baby's Bouncer (about $30) and it did the trick. We didn't use it a ton, just because we had so many other places to put baby (Rock n Play, Swing, etc). Once he got a bit bigger, we entirely switched the the Sit Me Up, which he much preferred. 

Union 3-in-1 Convertible Crib (white)- I like this crib, as it functions well, was pretty easy to assemble, and was $130 on Amazon. I'm not sure if we'll actually use the convertible feature or not. We'll probably end up needing 2 cribs, as DS will be 18 months when this little one arrives, and I'm in no hurry to transition him. Since baby will be in our room for the first few months, we will likely get a toddler bed for DS and use this crib for baby #2. 

Gynoii video monitor- as long as your internet connection is strong, it's great. If you're concerned about outsiders hacking in, it's probably not for you though. I haven't had any issues with that, but I know some people don't like the monitors that use wifi. I like that the app in on our phones. My family lives far away, and they are able to log in to an app on their phone to creep on DS while he sleeps, which they like. It has a "talk" feature, but it distorts voices and sounds terrifying. The music is also crazy loud, so we don't use that either. I will say that having a video monitor is a must for us. We also have a cheapo audio monitor that we sleep with. If we hear noise on that, we turn on the video to see what's going on in there. It is kind of a pain for babysitters, but I just use my old iphone on wifi and leave it for them.

Medela In Style Advanced- no complaints. I only used it for 3 months, but it was pretty easy to use and clean. My insurance covered it completely, but wanted to charge $100 for the travel bag. I bought a travel bag for $20 on eBay. Will be reusing this sucker (pun intended) this time as well. 

Fisher Price SpaceSaver- I'm a big fan of this chair. It straps on to our normal chairs, so DS can pull up to the table with us. The tray and seat are easy to clean, as is the pad. 

Dr. Brown's all the way. They are seriously amazing. Yes, the multitude of parts is slightly annoying, but get a dishwasher basket and you'll be fine. The nipples don't get all suctioned like some others (I'm look at you, crappy Medela bottles), and the reduction in gas/spit up was remarkable. 

Skip Hop shoulder bag, althought I've recently switched to a good old fashioned backpack. I just find it easier- the shoulder bags are cumbersome while carrying a baby. 

Rock n Play with auto rock, Nose Frida, Windii (yes, it looked gross, and it is- but when your newborn is screaming in pain at 3 AM, you will do literally anything to help. Warning: gas is not the only thing that comes out), sound machine, velcro baby booties like these (socks would not stay on), Halo fleece swaddle sacks (awesome for babies who don't like having their arms swaddled), Baby K'tan (Moby was great for in the house, but a PITA for on the go), Ergo Baby (for bigger babies)

The 7,000 blankets we received, newborn/tiny sized denim jeans (seriously, they feel so uncomfortable), baby shoes

Fur daughter: 02/2011
    Human sons: 11/2015 & 05/2017
    *formerly kayemjay*

• @pshaortao thanks so much for saving this!!!
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• A great baby carrier! Boba 4G is stellar. I just don't know what we would have done without it. Amazing! Should be on every single shower registry! Cheers!
  • Hey ladies I have a question about the new 2016 Bob Revolution Flex double stroller. I have scoured the internet looking for this answer and I've actually called Bob and spoken to the customer service rep who couldn't even give me this answer. So I'm trying to find out moms that have the stroller that can help me out.

I recently purchased the stroller about a month ago via Amazon. I have the 2016 Bob Revolution Flex single stroller and I absolutely love it. But one of the very first things I noticed about the double stroller is the depth of the seat is wildly different.....so the distance between the kids butt and his knee basically. The seat on the double is so shallow that my 16 month old who I will admit is on the top of the charts for height looks kind of uncomfortable.

I'm pretty disappointed in this because the single Bob has just been a lifesaver for us and he's so comfortable in it. But this double is just throwing me off with the massive difference in the depth of the seats. Now I understand the width of the seats is going to be smaller and that is totally fine, I'm more concerned about the depth.

If you have the stroller can you please tell me if this is normal? I was going to take it out of storage again this weekend and do some measurements and take some pictures because that's what the representative at Bob told me to do and email them. I know this is something that's crazy to be overanalyzing but I can't shake the depth difference because I'm concerned about the comfort of my child. The stroller is used daily for walks around town so it's important to me that my kids are  comfortable.
    DS born via c-section 8/1/2015 
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• @LuckyAngie please let me know what you find out!  I registered for that same stroller because I love my single BOB, but my son is pretty tall so if the stroller seems too small for your 16-month-old it probably won't work for us either.
  • @LuckyAngie @RainyDays86 Did you ladies use your BOB with newborns? Did you put your car seat in it with the adapter? How was that? Too much? Im wondering if I should get a frame stroller for when my baby is really little because it will be easier and more light weight. I'm a FTM and got a BOB on Black Friday. Thanks! 
  • LuckyAngieLuckyAngie member
    edited December 2016
    RainyDays86 
    Rebecca517 

I called and asked my Dad if he could take it out of storage for me so I can check it out again when I get home. I'll take some measurements and some pics for comparison as well and post my thoughts. 

I did not use the single BOB with a newborn but plan on using the double with a newborn. Simply because I don't want to buy the adapter for the car seat and then spend more on a double snack tray later on. I've read a lot of people just use those inserts for newborns in the strollers. That is my plan. 
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• RainyDays86RainyDays86 member
    edited December 2016
    @Rebecca517 I used the carseat adapter with my BOB when DS was a newborn and loved it.  I found it very easy to use.  It isn't quite as quick as a stroller with a built-in adapter (I had a Chicco carseat and the Chicco stroller that goes with the carseat and has the adapter built into it) because you have to take the adapter out to fold the BOB up, but that takes like 2 seconds.  When the adapter is in you just click the carseat in and buckle the safety strap over the carseat and you're ready to go.  I especially liked it because if you're driving somewhere to use the stroller and the baby falls asleep in the car you don't have to wake them up to put them in the stroller.
  •  Alright ladies we got out the double stroller and set it up and put little man in it. I don't know what I was thinking before but the visual in my head the seat was a lot smaller. He is sitting comfortably in it just fine. It's definitely not as deep as the single stroller seat but it's not terrible either.
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• This thread is really helpful! Even as a STM, I'm learning so much about items I didn't get the first time around or things I want to replace.

Just wanted to throw out a warning re: Motorola video monitors. When it works, it's great. But we had ours less than a year when the parent unit stopped charging when plugged in. I think it had something to do with the connection between the charger and the unit. It was still under warranty, so Motorola sent a new, slightly different model. That was 1.5 years ago. Last night, the SAME thing happened. I hope Motorola will do the right thing and send a replacement (again) because I really don't want to drop the cash for another one.

Moral of this story: With these big ticket items, keep your receipt/proof of purchase so you don't get screwed out of your warranty. I usually never keep paper receipts, but fortunately the monitor was an online purchase so it was saved in an email.
  • Agreed @slowmo.  Motorola replaced my monitor 5 times in 1 year and then wouldn't replace it after the one year warranty expired. So disappointing.

May17 Siggy Challenge
    Labor
  • LuckyAngieLuckyAngie member
    edited December 2016
    Since we are on the subject of baby monitors I feel like I should throw a shout out to the one I have. 
    The Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor. From Amazon.
    It's pretty amazing. I've had zero issues with it. It's sees pretty well in the dark and zooms, and rotates around the room pretty nicely. I've had it almost 2 years now and still going strong. 
    I also just recently realized it can charge with my good old Samsung Andriod plug....which is nice because we have those all over the house. So it's easy if it's dying to just pop it on the phone charger.
    DD due May 2017 (RCS)

• BREAST PUMP:
    I had both the Medela Pump In Style and the Spectra 2.  Spectra 2 HANDS DOWN won every time.  It had a timer so you knew how long you were pumping.  You really should try to pump for 30 min at a time to keep your supply up. I would always forget to check what time I started on the Medela, and it drove me nuts!  The Spectra has that functionality and also has a light.  It also has stronger sucking (but not more painful).  I always got more milk with the Spectra.  They're both loud, but I thought the Medela was a tad louder.  The one good thing about the Medela is that it didn't have the backflow protector, which was just extra pieces that you had to wash.  Also, I though the Spectra bottles leaked.  But still, nonetheless, I would go with the Spectra 2.  I would much rather have a pump that is efficient and that comes with a timer.  Just have your husband wash the extra pieces.  That's what I did.  ;-)

BOUNCY CHAIR:
    Baby Bjorn.  My son LOVED that thing.  He could sit in the Fisher Price bouncy chair for maybe 10 minutes.  He could sit in that Baby Bjorn forever.  And when he got older, it was easy for him to bounce himself.  And it comes with an attachable toy bar that he constantly played with.

HIGH CHAIR:
    Peg Perego Siesta.  It's leather so food wipes off.  It has wheels, reclines and has an adjustable foot rest.  The seat folds up for easy storage and the tray folds up as well.  This high chair can fit into a tiny space when collapsed AND it is height adjustable.  So if you want to sit on the ground or if you want to sit up at the table, you can adjust it so baby is at your level.  The tray comes off and is dishwasher safe.  The chair actually comes with 2 trays:  1 tray is snaps on top of the other, so you can take it off to wash quickly if you needed.  

TODDLER CAR SEAT:
    Britax Marathon Click Tight.  My son loves this because it can recline.  It doesn't overheat him either and the pieces come off and are washable.  This was clutch because we had a blow out in this seat!
    Britax Pinnacle Click TIght.  This is the top of the line Britax that I bought for my son.  It is extremely safe and highly rated.  The one caveat is that it does NOT recline.  This is actually really annoying for a toddler that is trying to nap in the car.  I can see how this is good for a toddler that no longer naps.  But my 2.5 yr old niece finds it frustrating as well.  

I agree with a previous comment about black out shades.  This is sooooo important with a baby.  My son used to wake up earlier when we the sun would rise without them.  Once we installed them, he'd sleep for an extra hour.  

Also, I would recommend a BabyCare playmat.  It was padded and waterproof, so you could wipe it down.  
  • @NotAPlaya-JustCrushAlot - Five times in one year? That's insane. And Motorola seems totally unconcerned that their products don't work properly. I'm filing a Better Business Bureau complaint.
  • @Rebecca517 with our first we had the BOB as our only stroller and used the infant seat with adapter.  We liked it fine, but my biggest concern was that we travel a decent amount and it is bulky and heavy to travel with.  We ended up selling it (and getting what we paid for it, even after using it for about 9 months) and bought a City Mini Zip instead.  Our son was too old to use with the carseat at that point, but it does have an adapter you can purchase to use so it can be used similar to a travel system.  

I guess my point is, with strollers so much of it depends on where/how you are going to use it! I planned on jogging and that never happened, so having an easy to fold up, lightweight stroller meets our needs more, even though I did love my BOB.  

This time around, I am thinking about investing in an additional stroller, preferably one has an option to parent face and a platform for the toddler to ride on.  I haven't done much research yet, but if anyone has one they love please share! :)
  • Infant Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend) We used a graco fast action fold travel system and loved it, it was right in the middle on weight so not light but also not too heavy either. 

Toddler Carseat (pros, cons, would you recommend) we stuck with Graco, but i can't remember the brand for hte life of me. Fiance has one kind of convertible in his car, and i recently got the "Slim" something for mine and love it. 

Stroller (pros, cons, would you recommend) loved the jogger that came with our travel system, bought an upgraded umbrella stoller that we have used the past year so it was tall enough for 6' fiance to push wihtout having to hunch over.

Bouncy Chair (pros, cons, would you recommend) We got a Mamaroo and I wouldn't have survived the first 5 months without it for sure! a bit pricey but SOOO worth it. 

Monitor (pros, cons, would you recommend) any audio monitor worked well for us. I do want to get a Snuza this time, but I didn't have it before.

Breast Pump (pros, cons, would you recommend) Medella PISA worked for the time i used it

Bottles (pros, cons, would you recommend) Avent ... i would not recomment, even the slow flow would choak DD at first. We will try the medella that go with the pump this time. 

• Mamaroo, 
    • Wipe Warmer (I know it sounds silly, but warm wipes for nighttime changes is a life saver), 
    • Halo Sleep sacks, crib soother (light up), 
    • Vicks Cool Mist Vaporizer- it allows you to put vicks pads so the whole room has the smell to help with stuffy nose without having to actually put anything on baby, 
    • Mommy's Bliss Gripe Water, 
    • Gowns- nighttime is so much better when you don't have to worry with snaps or zippers for the first couple months. 

• Bottle warmer - DD took room temp bottles
    • bottle sterilizer - just boil some water
    • bumboo - DD just hated it and would scream the entire time
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Don't ever think about buying PJ's with snaps on them. You will forever hate yourself.
    I preferred snaps in the early days so I could change them while they slept lol :D.  I despised zipper PJs for the longest time.

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    MTHFR 
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099

• chickyclg said:
    Don't ever think about buying PJ's with snaps on them. You will forever hate yourself.
    I preferred snaps in the early days so I could change them while they slept lol :D.  I despised zipper PJs for the longest time.

So funny how everyone is different.  I actually loved the zippers.  Found them so much easier.  It was the snaps that always got me.  Especially my husband.  There were many a cursed mornings of missed snaps.  I guess my little guy was a good sleeper so he wasn't bothered by the zippers.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers

• I see some people are talking about the BOB duallie... I was one click away from purchasing today because there's a great deal and then I looked around and realized they don't make an adaptor for my car seat- maxi cosi. I'm not sure if there is another adaptor that will work, does anyone know?

also just throwing it out there to make sure you check these things before you purchase a stroller/car seat because I almost didn't.. and I really hate paying return shipping..

• Second what @lrwardrop said about compatibility! A good friend had the City Mini GT single and loved it for her daughter. When she got pregnant again, her MIL bought her the double without asking. Turns out, it didn't work with her carseat, so she resold it and bought something that did. (I think it had been too long to return by the time she realized.)
  • starphish18starphish18 member
    edited January 2017
    Hope it's ok that I resurrect this old thread. I figure it's still very relevant. I'm deciding between the Graco 4-ever and the Diono Radian. I think both would be perfectly fine, but I'm leaning towards the Diono if it fits in my car since it has a slightly higher rear-facing limit. @bacorrea and @lrwardrop, you both mentioned liking the Diono Radian. I was wondering if either of you (or anyone else) still have it installed rear-facing in your car? If so, would you be able to get two measurements for me so I can get an accurate idea of if it would fit? I'm looking for one measurement from the bottom corner that sits nuzzled against the seat straight up so it's level with the portion that sticks out the furthest near the headrest. Then, from that spot straight over to that portion of the headrest that would bump into the front seat first. The only measurements I can find online are a general width, which doesn't really help in determining where the widest portion near the top would hit the front seat. Hopefully that makes sense. Much appreciated if anyone still has it installed!
  • @starphish18 what type of car do you drive? I originally had a diono rainer and I drive a Nissan rouge.  The RF install for the diono is HUGE!!! Even with the angle adjuster that you buy separate.  My passenger seat was practically in the glove compartment. I ended up returning it for the 4ever and love it! It has a super easy install and tons of room.
    ****Siggy Warning***
    Me-35 Hubby-36

CP-11/2013
    CP-4/2014
    BFP-08/2016 MC 6wks

PitaPata Dog tickers