July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 11/28

124»

Re: Weekly Symptoms 11/28

• Options
    I'm 6w 2d and I'm so exhausted it's painful. I'm a person who loves to sleep and nap normally but this isn't really about sleep, I'm getting more than enough! It's the fatigue and exhaustion that's making me feel horrible. I can feel it in my BONES. I just want to lay down. I just want to lay down. I just want to lay down. My appetite has increased but I've been terrible about having healthy snacks ready so I'm eating the entire vending machine at work. Oh and my boobs feel like wet sandbags. 
  • Options
    My fun new symptom is a funny taste in my mouth that won't go away.

Also every morning (sorry if this is TMI) I wake up super gassy.  This combined with super-smell is a great start to the day!  So gross I swear
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I knod of run the gamet with everything. Nausea is getting better, but I sincerely think that's only because I have learned to manage it. Headaches, backaches, sore breasts, light headed, constipation (i know gross), being warmer than usual (which is kind of a bonus, because I am normally freezing in the winter). I got my montgomery tubercles a long time go. Bloating has gone down, which I think is just because I'm so nauseous I can't eat or drink much. My belly is still bigger than pre-pregnancy, especially right across my pelvis. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
    Started dating: July 1st, 2013
    Engaged: July 1st, 2014
    Married: July 1st, 2016
    R born: July 8th, 2017
    N born: June 30th, 2019
    Baby #3 Due: July 7th, 2022
    (maybe I only ovulate in October XD)
  • Options
    @runrestrepeat I had one night of nausea between my 5th and 6th week (I can't pinpoint it anymore, it keeps moving around) and then was fine for a week. Then the real stuff set in. I had an ultrasound monday and the little blueberry is doing great! so as far as I know, it's normal. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @RunRestRepeat I know you've already gotten a lot of answers, but I also experienced nausea in the car as a pre-cursor to sickness throughout the day. Once was on the bus home from work and another was while I was on the way to dinner with DH (lovely). I read that the nausea can be caused by bowel displacement since everything's moving around in there...perhaps the motion of the car makes it worse!!

I sure hope this doesn't keep up...but I got up THREE times to pee last night, in comparison to my usual 1. Also gas. Lots and lots of gas.
  • Options
    @kat0607 I'm so with you on the peeing - I know it's only going to get worse, but it's already driving me nuts!

That and nighttime hunger are really messing with my sleep: I keep a packet of saltines next to me and usually have a few around 3am. Why is the packaging the LOUDEST EVER?!? I feel so bad for MH!!
    Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    The moment I hit 6 weeks along I have felt terrible. Awful nausea, so bad I didn't work yesterday. I stayed home and slept 6 hours. I was never this sick with my other two pregnancies. I feel like it might be a bug on top of being pregnant. Ugh! Whatever is going on, I hope it stops soon!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Anyone else have general abdominal achiness? I don't think it's round ligament pain because it's not on the sides and it's not after I cough or sneeze. It just feels like I did a ton of crunches. It's not painful and it's not a cramping feeling so I'm not worried, I'm just wondering if this is from my insides stretching out?  
  • Options
    @kat0607 I'm having that today! Honestly, not sure if it's achiness or gas.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Options
    Update: definitely gas.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Options
    kat0607 said:
    Anyone else have general abdominal achiness? I don't think it's round ligament pain because it's not on the sides and it's not after I cough or sneeze. It just feels like I did a ton of crunches. It's not painful and it's not a cramping feeling so I'm not worried, I'm just wondering if this is from my insides stretching out?  
    Yes. It feels like a constant sour stomach like I need to poop. Definitely not crampy in a way that worries me, and not painful, just... there. Also, I HATE that every article you read about abdominal pain or discomfort says, "It's probably round ligament pain!" Um, no, it's not always round ligament pain. Especially since almost every article also says that doesn't normally start until the 2nd trimester. 
  • Options
    I am 8wks today and symptoms are nausea (mostly in the evenings), tender boobs (though it's significantly better), cravings, aversions, some round ligament pain (though getting less), and nearly ALWAYS hungry! Also, how is it that my pants are already tight and I'm finding it harder to get comfortable at night??
  • Options
    So when should I be concerned about weight loss?

I am 7w2d. I've been nauseous since week 5. but this week has been bad. I've thrown up every day. I can barely eat, and what I do manage do get down just comes back up again. I've lost 6lbs in a week and a half. I'm 5'4 and 115, down to 109. I've already called my OB, but it's Saturday so I don't know when she'll get back to me. I'm worried this kid isn't going to develop properly because he's getting zero nutrients from me. (I take my prenatal at night, so at least my body's getting something.)

Can someone put my mind at ease? Am I damaging my pregnancy? Does  anyone have experience with weight loss? This is my second, and it was never this bad with my first. To top it off, I am simultaneously nauseous and STARVING. 
  • Options
    @lvcpatt84 I lost a little with my first from the nausea, but not that much that quickly. It's more likely you will suffer more than the baby--the baby will leach nutrients, leaving you with nothing. 

Definitely talk all to your OB. I know girls with HG can end up hospitalized because it does get to a point where medical intervention is needed, so it's definitely something to monitor, at the very least. 
  • Options
    Thanks for all the answers!!

@pepper16 I read somewhere that someone kept their saltines in a mason jar by their bed. Maybe that would be a bit more quiet than the crazy loud packaging they come in? Or maybe try the oyster crackers that come in a bag?
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    @lvcpatt84   that is worrisome. Not just the weight loss, but the probable dehydration. Don't be afraid to go to an urgent care clinic over the weekend if you start to feel faint, etc. They can get fluid back into you, and maybe start you on medication to help with nausea. 
  • Options
    @kat0607 I hope I tagged the right person - I've been scrolling through the whole post looking for one symptom and finding others to comment on! My Fitbit has been consistently reading mid-upper 50s bpm forever and then the week I got a bfp it jumped to high 60s and since then it's low 60s - like, always 61. So not much change but still there. 
  • Options
    @RunRestRepeat - my nausea seems to hit days after a fitful nights sleep or when I'm stressing out about work 
  • Options
    Okay I looked but cannot find. Anyone have dandruff?? I swear it was something that happened with my first and then when I was weaning, and it's out of control right now.
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons I do, but I get bad psoriasis/dandruff twice a year, every year with the seasonal changes so I doubt mine is related to pregnancy. 

• Options
    lvcpatt84 said:
    So when should I be concerned about weight loss?

I am 7w2d. I've been nauseous since week 5. but this week has been bad. I've thrown up every day. I can barely eat, and what I do manage do get down just comes back up again. I've lost 6lbs in a week and a half. I'm 5'4 and 115, down to 109. I've already called my OB, but it's Saturday so I don't know when she'll get back to me. I'm worried this kid isn't going to develop properly because he's getting zero nutrients from me. (I take my prenatal at night, so at least my body's getting something.)

Can someone put my mind at ease? Am I damaging my pregnancy? Does  anyone have experience with weight loss? This is my second, and it was never this bad with my first. To top it off, I am simultaneously nauseous and STARVING. 
    Yes I'm puking, then laying down nauseous all while my stomach is growling so loud because I'm starving!!! I'm dropping weight also. It's been a rough 4 weeks here of hardly eating and puking. Puking is normal, no damage is being done. You just want to drink water and keep from being dehydrated. I'm no doctor but it's normal to drop weight in the first few months if your sick. You did the right thing calling your doctor though. Call with any questions. That's what they are paid the big bucks for! 
  • Options
    For those of you starving and nauseated - chicken broth was a lifesaver for me. It was the only thing I could keep down for a little while and it made me feel a lot better. 
  • Options
    Is shortness of breath a common symptom? I sometimes feel like I can't breathe. Just feeling kinda faint. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    plumpous said:
    Is shortness of breath a common symptom? I sometimes feel like I can't breathe. Just feeling kinda faint. 
    Yup
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    I am 7 wks 6 days and the exhaustion and insomnia is killing me. I've been working night shift for the past two months and have a toddler to chase around during the day which hasn't helped. I went to bed last night at 8pm only to wake up at 1am. I've been up since then (it's now 6:41am). My toddler will wake up soon so I can't sleep again even if I could.

I also have waves of nausea throughout the day (typically on an empty stomach). I've been keeping pretzels next to my bed. Tons of food aversions. All I want to eat is carbs, cheese, olives. Planning family dinners is becoming so hard. Tonight I was going to make meatballs but want to barf just thinking about it. I don't remember having such a hard time during my first pregnancy but things were just easier I guess because I didn't have a child to care for and I could sleep whenever I wanted. 

Hang in there ladies! Hopefully second tri will bring us some relief.  
  • Options
    The blump is UNREAL the second time around. It is currently the size of my 21 week bump with DD. I'm trying to embrace it because no stranger really knew I was pregnant from 30+ weeks on (I'm Amazon-like tall with a giant torso) but it might get a little hard to answer that yes I am pregnant but my baby is the size of a raspberry.

This giant thing is just air, water and my beefy 5 layer burrito from Taco Bell. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    akbride09 said:
    I started another symptom today that I'd forgotten about with my first - the inside of my mouth is, for lack of a better description, "shedding". Not terribly yet, but I think it's starting. I remember thinking how weird that was, and quite a few other people on the bump had the same thing going on.
    Huh. I kinda have that, too, but thought it was from who knows what. 

@dancegurl1118 you crack me up! 

Don't hate me, but last pregnancy was pretty easy for me, and this one is going pretty well so far (I have most of the symptoms listed here, just not too bad. The worst is constant nausea but it's cured by constant eating, plus fresh air - woot woot!). But I just remembered my worst symptoms last time, and now I'm dreading them so bad. Middle of the night leg cramps; heartburn; and painfully numb, tingling ribs. Yuck. 

• Options
    My hips have been sore today, along with wicked gas. Like worst I've ever had. Like woke me up at 6 AM because I was so uncomfortable gas. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    Sooooo the morning sickness has officially set in. I keep reading about the unisom/B6 combo. For those of you ladies that take it, how much of each do you take? What mg of B6?
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• Options
    Thank you @Cait32! I knew it was only a matter of time but holy crap, this hit me like a fright train! 
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• Options
    @shstephenson I take a whole unisom (25mg) and 100mg b6 before bed. I was on half a tab from 6w on but my throwing up kicked up and nausea so I had to increase at 9 weeks. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Omg, I forgot all the weird sex dreams I had last pregnancy...until I woke up today after a weird one last night. Yuck!!!!
  • Options
    Omg, I forgot all the weird sex dreams I had last pregnancy...until I woke up today after a weird one last night. Yuck!!!!
    Lol yeah what's up with that??
    Pregnancy Ticker

Highly monitored internet and no cell service in the office, so I'm postin' and ghostin' while I'm workin' 
  • Options
    Omg I had the weirdest one with DD. It was with Manny from Modern Family (but he was an adult and we worked together) and I woke up horrified. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    So my m/s is/has been taking an interesting turn. I don't have a ton of nausea anymore (was all day long, but I've used different remedies to solve it, and they're working), but I still have a terrible gagging problem and that's getting worse. Especially in the morning, every time I get up to walk around I start coughing and gagging, but if I mostly lay down and don't move, I can get through. If I stop moving the gagging tends to stop too. I haven't actually thrown up yet. Is this m/s? Is something else going on? Is there some way to fix this!? It's not related to nausea, it seems to be related to walking around on too empty of a stomach (and in general in the morning). Talking also makes it worse. I have a sensitive gag reflex as it is, and I am having more mucus then normal in my nose. Is that the problem? Help?  
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008
  • Options
    @kerils If it's happening mainly in the morning, maybe try leaving some crackers by your bed - eat a few lying down before you get up for the day. That way you aren't getting up on a completely empty stomach!

• Options
    @RunRestRepeat yeah I eat square cereal every morning which helps a little. 
    Hubby and Me
    Friends since 2008