July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Symptoms 11/28

Re: Weekly Symptoms 11/28

• Options
    to make everything even 'better' it is apparently bring your smelly lunch to work day. between fastfood and people heating up fish and cabbage I might throw up for the first time :(
  • Options
    @flipflopped Oh man, that sounds horrific! I got super nauseous just imagining the smell of reheated fish and cabbage!! ahhh!  I hope you survive the day without vom!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    So so exhausted. And just generally feel like crap until mid-afternoon...ugh.

@kat0607 I've also noticed my heart beating faster, seems normal!

@chiquita928 I'm so sorry about your sinus infection. I've been experiencing "pregnancy rhinitis" and had a huge sinus headache on Monday. The worst. 
    Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Sorry ahead of time for a sort of dear diary post...but I had my first "pregnancy" cries yesterday:

I think it was stress/exhaustion induced. DH called to tell me he was on his way home from hunting (got a deer woot!) and asked how I was. My reply was “I am cooking everything” and before I could explain all of what I was cooking I started crying, then started listing the things I needed to do which in turn caused me to cry more. He told me to just go sit down and eat dinner and he would do what he could when he got home.

THEN in the middle of finishing cooking his pork chops (which were already in the oven when he called) I realized that I never set an alarm so when I went to check on them they looked burnt and my roommate came in to look and I started crying then too. My roommate tried comforting me by saying “only some of the sauce is burnt, but the chops look fine! Besides, you know he loves your cooking and will eat it regardless.” It didn’t matter, I was convinced they were bad.

So yeah. Maybe that "why my pregnant self is crying" thread can finally be active :P

• Options
    @supermom83 a few hours past lunch and I'm doing good. It was a rough hour period that the smells just hung around. Getting up for a quick walk and fresh air helped, but only time cleared the air.
  • Options
    lamphele said:
    I'm exhausted and cannot stop eating jalapeño flavored things. 
    I could have written this post. Why am I always nauseous but craving super spicy food?
  • Options
    @osucma I was full-on sobbing because we don't have any really nice, Christmas card-worthy pics of the girls. I was a wreck. I feel you. 
  • Options
    Add me to the extreme exhaustion with insomnia club.  
    Cant go to sleep until 10 at the earliest when I'm ready at 7 and then at some point I will wake up to pee and be up for at least 2 hours.  I just want to sleep!!!
  • Options
    @SaphireSweetie88 poor you. Heaving sucks. Have you  tried drinking ginger ale?That's been helpful for me. :) I thought I was out of the woods but started puking again last twenty four hours. Often takes me by surprise cause sometimes it's not preceded by nausea. Just creeps up on me. Hope you start to feel better soon
  • Options
    JAM85JAM85 member
    edited December 2016
    @kat0607 this is my second and I'm also in my 9th week and I have a legit bump I wake up with. No amount of sucking to get rid of this one I look like I am 5 months from my first and I can't hide it at all at my swim coach job or at the gym. And I always have my abs engaged as it were so I'm always holding it in as much as I can. Add in the bloat at the end of the day and it's unreal. I knew you showed earlier with the second but I really wasn't expecting this 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Hi there, 
    This is my first time on here :)
    I am 5 weeks along as of today, and HUNGRY!!! I eat and feel full for 20 minutes and then wanting more food lol. Waves of nausea occur off and on, acid reflux sometimes, craving salty foods (normally don't eat much salt), as well as fatigue sets in early each evening. Having the normal uterus cramping (as I've been told - this is my first pregnancy), as well as bloating. Breast tenderness is only mild. 

I'm sleeping good at night and my skin is clearing up for me... Just really hoping morning sickness doesn't set in for me!

• Options
    So last night I was blowing my nose and every time I would blow, I would get a sharp abdominal/pelvic pain. STMs any clue what it could be? It really freaked me out because it happened every time. 
    Me:25 DH:28
    Married: October 2014
    TTC#1:May 2016
    BFP: 11/16/16   EDD: 7/30/17
    4 fur babies

• Options
    @shstephenson could it be round ligament pain (RLP)?  I didn't get it until later with my first but have already noticed it this time (5w4d) when I sneeze or cough sometimes.  

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    @GeorgiaWife6912 this is my first pregnancy so all this is so new to me! I've gotten used to the mild twinges and suck but this was just so sharp and distinct. I wasn't really sure with RLP. I thought that started later but once again, I have no idea what's "normal" lol 
    4 fur babies

• Options
    @shstephenson I think it typically does start later, but what you are describing sounds like that to me.  Pregnancy causes all kinds of strange aches, pains, and symptoms.  If you feel like something is off, don't hesitate to put a call into your nurse or doctor!  I called a couple of times for some pretty embarrassing things and am positive the nurse was cracking up after she hung up with me.  But... i was a first time mom and had zero idea what to expect.  And that's what they are there for!

DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    Thanks @GeorgiaWife6912! I might be calling later if it happens again. The nurse at my doctors office already knows I'm a crazy worrier so she won't be shocked if I call! 
    4 fur babies

• Options
    @shstephenson Agree with @GeorgiaWife6912. Sounds like RLP. I get it really early and it sucks. It's already been bad enough to bring me to tears. I feel it rolling over in bed too, and coughing. The best way to come close to preventing it is to apply pressure to the spot where you feel the pain before you sneeze or move--basically supporting that area so it doesn't spasm as badly. 
  • Options
    Stupid morning sickness started. No puking, just nausea for now.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Question for STMs (or FTMs who are farther along) - is it normal for nausea to come and go at the beginning? I just hit 6 weeks today. On Monday while on a 5 hour car ride, I felt super sick (borderline puking, to the point I asked my husband to get me crackers and ginger ale at a truck stop). I thought for sure that morning sickness had started. But since then, I've been totally fine. Maybe a tiny wave here or there, but nothing compared to Monday.

Sorry for a bit of a dear diary, but can ms be like this at the beginning? Or maybe I'm just suddenly prone to car sickness?
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    I'm at 9 weeks 5 days and my cramps are kicking my butt! Anyone else feel this? It's been going on since yesterday and it is a little more intense than the first few weeks of cramping...
    Me: 35 DOR, low AMH = 0.694, and fibroids
    DH: 41 
    Married 10/25/2014 / TTC since 05/2015
    1st IUI 05/05/16 Letrozole 7.5 mg CD 3-11 + Ovidrel = BFN
    2nd cycle on Letrozole 7.5 mg CD 3-11 + TI = BFN
    3rd cycle on Letrozole but did our 2nd IUI on 07/01/16. 10 mg CD 3-11 + Ovidrel = BFN
    Onto IVF! Started Lupron on 09/24. Added Gonal F and hcg injections 09/26...... Trigger 10/07. EggRetrieval 10/09. Starting PIO, Estrace, and Medrol 10/10/16. Transferred 2 "strong/beautiful" embryos 10/14/16. Beta 10/28/16 = 998 mIU/mL = BFP with one baby, but miscarried at 9w5d.
    D&C on 12/06/17 and started taking BCPs 01/10/17 for the next IVF Cycle, which officially began stims on 02/18/17.
    Fast Forward: we got 4 fertilized embryos from that cycle. Transferred one fresh, but it did not stick, so we have 3 frozen embryos currently. Went in to the fertility clinic in July to talk about a FET of one of those three frozen embryos, but a new fibroid was discovered, and I was not cleared to do the transfer until I had fibroid removal surgery.
    08/11/17 had a mini-laparotomy / myomectomy to remove 6 fibroids, largest sized were the size of golf-balls! Once we were cleared to go about our normal lives (sex!) I got pregnant NATURALLY but it was a chemical pregnancy. The very next month we had another BFP and here we are now with a baby on the way! A TOTAL AND COMPLETE MIRACLE!
    Watch our YouTube Channel Vlog Here!

• Options
    @RunRestRepeat MS has been on and off for me also. I've been taking Unisom and B6 at night, and some days I think it helps but some days I still feel like crap, and some days I feel fine even if I didn't take it. So I'm starting to think maybe it's not doing anything and the nausea just comes and goes when it wants. 
  • Options
    @RunRestRepeat Symptoms can definitely come and go.  I dont really have morning sickness (Yet?) but the car gets me every.single.time. I'm not sure if it's the movement or what.  It's not as bad as when I'm driving as when MH is.

DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    Thanks, @AdaByron! I'll keep the unisom/b6 in mind, but I agree, it's definitely too inconsistent to bother with for now.

Hmmm, @GeorgiaWife6912 that's interesting! I've never had an issue with getting car sick (I can usually read or even crochet in the car just fine) but maybe that's changed with pregnancy? I was trying to work in the car and had my reading glasses on... maybe that was part of it. I'll hope for that instead of general ms!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    @runrestrepeat for me once the nausea hit with #1 it stuck for the entire time. Some days it was better and I started to get used to the new normal. This time seems to be the same :(
  • Options
    @RunRestRepeat I asked my OB about this and she said it's 100% normal! Some days are just worse than others, symptom-wise, and you don't need to worry unless EVERYTHING goes away for several days.
    TTC #1: 4/16
    BFP #1: 5/16
    MMC at 8 weeks: 6/16
    BFP #2: 10/16 
    Sweet baby boy arrived 7/7/17!
  • Options
    @RunRestRepeat as others have said, normal and it can be exacerbated by other things--empty stomach, too full stomach, tight clothes (I'm wearing high-waisted tights today and they are not M/S friendly), or being in a vehicle.
  • Options
    So last night I was blowing my nose and every time I would blow, I would get a sharp abdominal/pelvic pain. STMs any clue what it could be? It really freaked me out because it happened every time. 
    That happens to me too. I agree with everyone else that it is probably ligament pain. But there are a couple of other "harmless" (not painless!) reasons it could happen. You could have some pressure built up down there from gas or your bladder. Also, you could have a small cyst in your ovary (will probably go away on its own) that is causing pain to shoot to your pelvic area when irritated. But again, most likely ligament pain. My doctors office said it's ok and not to worry about it :)
  • Options
    Question for STMs (or FTMs who are farther along) - is it normal for nausea to come and go at the beginning? I just hit 6 weeks today. On Monday while on a 5 hour car ride, I felt super sick (borderline puking, to the point I asked my husband to get me crackers and ginger ale at a truck stop). I thought for sure that morning sickness had started. But since then, I've been totally fine. Maybe a tiny wave here or there, but nothing compared to Monday.

Sorry for a bit of a dear diary, but can ms be like this at the beginning? Or maybe I'm just suddenly prone to car sickness?
    I'm about 6w 4d and my nausea comes and goes. One day I feel like throwing up a lot and the next it is very very mild or non existent. 
  • Options
    I started another symptom today that I'd forgotten about with my first - the inside of my mouth is, for lack of a better description, "shedding". Not terribly yet, but I think it's starting. I remember thinking how weird that was, and quite a few other people on the bump had the same thing going on.
  • Options
    akbride09 said:
    I started another symptom today that I'd forgotten about with my first - the inside of my mouth is, for lack of a better description, "shedding". Not terribly yet, but I think it's starting. I remember thinking how weird that was, and quite a few other people on the bump had the same thing going on.
    Interesting, I don't have this specifically but once or twice my gums have been irritated from regular brushing. I've read that it is just from the fluctuating hormones. If it is bothering you, call your dentist and see if maybe there is a pregnancy safe mouthwash or something you can use to prevent that.
  • Options
    My new fun symptom is that every time I sneeze it feels like my left ovary is going to explode. Or at least it is the region around where my left ovary is. Might just be ligament pain. But ouch!
  • Options
    spk112spk112 member
    edited December 2016
    Well, I posted this in last week's thread just now. Oops. What I said originally was that I woke up today with minimal symptoms, so now I'm panicking that something is wrong. Pregnancy is such a mindfuck. But if pregnancy brain is real, maybe that explains why I just spaced out. 
  • Options
    oheliza44 said:
    @chiquita928 and @GeorgiaWife12 now I am nervous because I am also on Flonase and my doctor said it was fine! My first appointment was they day before thanksgiving and I felt very rushed during my visit- I did ask about this explicitly because it is the only medication I am on... hopefully this wasn't an oversight on my OB's part. 

Anyone having random hiccups? I keep waking up in the middle of the night with hiccups or getting spells st random parts of my work day. So strange. 

Edit because autocorrect ruins all things. 
    I went to urgent care today, and they told me I have a sinus nfection (joy), and confirmed that Flonase was NOT safe during pregnancy.
    I use Flonase and my doctor says it is fine. Almost all medications are Category C (risk cannot be ruled out) because no definitive tests have been done (because they don't test on pregnant women). So the fact that Flonase is Category C does not mean there is/is not a risk, it means that Flonase is not clearly recognized as problem free (like tylenol), or really problematic (like accutane). 

I really like the mothertobaby.org website, which has info sheets on available data for medications during pregnancy. Here is the info on Flonase and other sprays: https://mothertobaby.org/fact-sheets/inhaled-corticosteroids-icss-pregnancy/

And FWIW, in terms of the Categories, aspirin is Category D, meaning a positive risk has been shown, and my doctor has me take a low dose every day, to help prevent preeclampsia. I had to take aspirin my last pregnancy too - the Categories are not hard and fast unless a medication is in Category X (proven teratogenicity). By all means go with what your doctor says and what you are comfortable with, but I don't like to see pregnant women suffering needlessly by being overly cautious. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Just wanted to add that for mamas who are hesitant about Flonase but may need a nasal spray, Rhinocort is Category B. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah...this is new...I had a hard time today on a conference call not telling the gaggle of men on the other end that they are completely idiotic and yelling at them. I think I might be a mean pregnant person...
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    spk112 said:
    Well, I posted this in last week's thread just now. Oops. What I said originally was that I woke up today with minimal symptoms, so now I'm panicking that something is wrong. Pregnancy is such a mindfuck. But if pregnancy brain is real, maybe that explains why I just spaced out. 
    So much this!  My symptoms have mellowed since Thanksgiving and it's totally making me think something is wrong!

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Food aversions and nausea that come and go. Just forcing myself to eat. The thought of packing a meal for work tonight feels gross. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    I second what @hqinmd said!

@RunRestRepeat Totally normal. Mine is/was up and down all day now and with DS. Sometimes it even goes up and down day by day.
  • Options
    Got significant spotting today (just noticed it now when going to bathroom, no other symptoms) that looks like (sorry tmi) mixed "regular discharge" and some blood (not bright red). Freaking out. 
    On late shift in hospital (ironic- ultrasound machines everywhere). Guess there's not much to do at this point? Have my first ob appointment tomorrow morning. 
    I know some spotting is ok. But it's still so scary. 
  • Options
    @mj8215 definitely scary. I'm sorry you're going through this. FX for a good appt tomorrow to ease your mind. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.