February 2017 Moms

Weekly Randoms (11/28)

Re: Weekly Randoms (11/28)

• Sorry for posting so late.. I've been following the OSU active shooter situation all morning. So scary.. hope all on here and their family/friends are ok. 
  • Thoughts and prayers for OSU and the community!! There have been so many scary and tragic situations recently :(  
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just saw it was a knife and car attack?! This is so confusing! Apparently some students heard gun shots but it sounds like that was the police killing the attacker. Either way, terrifying! 
  • So I happened to be looking at our registry and noticed that 2 people bought the same item off it today. DH thinks I should let them know so one of them can cancel it but I feel like there isn't really a non-rude way to do that... what would you ladies do? Also it's my aunt and cousin (her daughter) who both bought it. I'm guessing they'll talk at some point and realize they both bought the same thing. Our registry is on Amazon so Idk if it's possible to return one after the fact? 
    Me: 33 | DH: 34
    Married: October, 19, 2015
    EDD 2/22/17 <3 DS1 born on 3/2/17
    EDD 3/8/20 <3 DS2 born on 3/10/20
    EDD 11/24/23
    (Formerly Marriedhamstermom Feb ‘17)

• @marriedhamstermom I would feel weird saying anything too, so I recruit someone to do it for me. Like if your mom or friend is throwing the shower could you ask them to say something? If it were me, I'd ask my mom to pretend that she has access to my registry and noticed the double purchase and wanted to let them know so they could work it our or change their order. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 2 play yards would be awesome! I'd leave one in the house and one in the trunk for visits!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @marriedhamstermom Another +1 to not saying anything. I would just plan on returning one (Amazon has awesome customer service). I have never been to a baby or wedding shower where there wasn't at least one duplicate gift, so I don't even think the opening part will be that awkward for anyone involved. 
    Me: 34 
    Husband: 35
    Married: June 2007
    Son Max born 1/10/17
    BFP #2: 10/5/17; EDD: 6/11/18
  • @marriedhamstermom - i am totally guilty of registry stalking too....it is addicting lol

• kswiger06kswiger06 member
    edited November 2016
    Oh yeah, I'm open to any questions, comments, or suggestions regarding how to dress the outfit. It's relatively fancy (the party) so I can't wear booties and I'm definitely going with sheer hose not opaque
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • That's a hot look @kswiger06! :sunglasses: 

love the dress and shoes. Definitely my style! 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14
  • Thanks!! @concreteangell I've been looking for a dress since July lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 LOVE that outfit! to me the shoes look silver and like they are giving a bit of a blue sparkle, so def look at them in person. Either way, your outfit will be adorbs.

I would vote sheer hose but you'll look gorgeous either way!
  • @gretchypoo do you think the sheer nude would be better than the sheer black? 

I'm used to wearing anything but a solid black dress lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 - love it! hmm.....I'm thinking sheer nude but I'm no panty hose expert  ;)

• Patience7150Patience7150 member
    edited November 2016
    DD because I read your outfit options wrong! 

I'd do sheer black with the gold shoes!

• kswiger06 said:
    @gretchypoo do you think the sheer nude would be better than the sheer black? 

I'm used to wearing anything but a solid black dress lol 
    I do! Partly bc I thought it would look better with the shoes...
  • @kswiger06 With those shoes? Nude hose is my vote. If you were going for a dark shoe, I'd say black sheer. But I think the nude hose will look better with the shoe. 
    +1 to this @kswiger06!
  • lfrank12 said:
    @kswiger06 With those shoes? Nude hose is my vote. If you were going for a dark shoe, I'd say black sheer. But I think the nude hose will look better with the shoe. 
    +1 to this @kswiger06!
    +2
  • Hopefully I'm not too late @kswiger06 but personally, I'd do black sheer hose with black shoes. But if you do end up wearing the lighter shoes, I'd pair those with nude hose. But I wouldn't wear black hose with the light shoes if it were me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @kswiger06 With those shoes? Nude hose is my vote. If you were going for a dark shoe, I'd say black sheer. But I think the nude hose will look better with the shoe. 

I have black shoes already and could go with those, I just didn't know if going black everything was in or out. 

I am excited about all the lady advice though. :) Normally I only have my husband who doesn't know anything about dressing up, or my mom and mil who are stuck in the 70s and 80s lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Hopefully I'm not too late @kswiger06 but personally, I'd do black sheer hose with black shoes. But if you do end up wearing the lighter shoes, I'd pair those with nude hose. But I wouldn't wear black hose with the light shoes if it were me!
    Nope not late, I ordered the dress but wanted opinions before getting the hose (since I'm assuming I'll need maternity ones) and the shoes. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • All black would be fine but I vote for the sparkly shoes. I'm a big fan of shoes that make the outfit!
  • You can never go wrong with black :)
  • The sparkly shoes come in gold, black, red, and silver. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I love the shoes and would go with sheer nude hose and the silver -- it's super festive and I feel like they'd be great later with jeans as well (on a much-needed night out when not pregnant lol).

• I'd go with sheer black. It will look a little more dressy (IMO).
  • Clearly you can't go wrong since we all have differing opinions on what looks good!! :-) lol
  • I like the silver shoe personally...red might be pretty festive too, but sometimes red shoes don't look that great IMO...they're tricky
  • Clearly you can't go wrong since we all have differing opinions on what looks good!! :-) lol
    Lol 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aw thanks @jab3 honestly I'm hoping to sit as much as possible lol. I haven't put heels on since early September so hopefully I can pull it off. The party is still a couple weeks away, perhaps I should put on some heels at home as a trial run first lol I am thinking if @mommabean can wear them, I can too? But maybe she's just super lucky.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @kswiger06 for sure practice first!! Your center of gravity is off and you might not be able to walk in them. The last thing you need rn is a twisted ankle. 

I am 90% sure I saw those shoes in a store this weekend and they also came in a flat version... just sayin' ;-)
  • @kswiger06 definitely practice! Your feet need to get used to them. Even not pregnant, when I come back to school after a summer barefoot and in flip flops, I have to work my way back to wearing heels all day!