July 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly pregnancy chatter 11/28

Happy Monday ladies! What's going on this week that is pregnancy related?

Re: Weekly pregnancy chatter 11/28

• Options
    I'm hoping the rest of 1st trimester FLIES by. This weekend and next are full of activities for me and DH then my next appointment is on the 20th, then Christmas. If all goes well on the 20th we are planning to announce to the rest of our family at Christmas and then to everyone else after the New Year. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons Me too. first appt is 12/9, and that's just an office visit. No idea when the first US is. *pout*
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons I get what you mean! This is my first but I get scared because i dont really "feel pregnant" The missed period, breakouts, hecka sore boobs, overly emotional, and super smell says otherwise but i dont. I get so worried something is going to happen I just want so bad to hear a doctor say everything is ok. Miscarriages don't run in my family but a year ago i witnessed 5 friends have miscarriages all in a month and ive been having nightmares about having one. So your not alone in the scared category. I get the just wanting that u/s and that heart beat. Thought I will say I cried saturday when i saw the 3d picture on the bump app of baby LOL
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @danyellie I didn't feel pregnant this time, then it hit me with a vengence. 

I can't wait until Christmas, when I want to announce. My family already knows, so does DH's but it will be when we announce to everyone and on fb. I have another U/S on the 21st, I'm a ball of nerves.
  • Options
    @danyellie @chiquita928, thanks I went for a run and was thinking about what I had posted and wasn't sure how my post would be interpreted - I can see it being kind of flame worthy to some 
  • Options
    First ultrasound on Friday and I am sooooo excited!!! :smile:  Hoping that everything is okay!  Although my symptoms are still in full force so I suspect that nothing is amiss down there! 
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @danyellie I didn't feel pregnant this time, then it hit me with a vengence. 

I can't wait until Christmas, when I want to announce. My family already knows, so does DH's but it will be when we announce to everyone and on fb. I have another U/S on the 21st, I'm a ball of nerves.
    THIS!!!!  We are waiting until Christmas too and I just don't know if I'm going to be able to hold out that long haha!  We are doing a birthday brunch for my DH on Sunday and I'm really tempted to tell my Grandma and Aunt.  I know they would be over the moon!  (Even though they already have 5 great nieces/nephews/Grandkids) :smile:
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    ashaw512 ashaw512 member
    edited November 2016
    @stokesm21my sister is due June 28, which makes us exactly a week apart. My mom will now have 5 grandkids!

Eta:words are hard
  • Options
    i made the mistake of telling my mom when i found out shes told sooo many already cause shes excited and i have remind her this is my first stop stealing my thunder lol
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom decided to announce for us on Facebook the other day. I told her to take it down bc husbands extended family doesn't know yet and I haven't heard from her since. Not sure if she's mad or just busy. 

I told her her right away when I got the bfp but then told my extended family on thanksgiving with my ds wearing a shirt and she put a picture of it and a comment that people should look at his shirt. I'm 9 weeks and got my us the day before thanksgiving. 
  • Options
    cssme13cssme13 member
    edited November 2016
    @ashaw512 how fun! My son and my niece are exactly two weeks apart and it has been an absolute blast watching them grow up together. We are taking them to Disneyland for their 4th birthdays next year and I can't wait to watch them experience it together.

I'm terrified to announce to my dad. DH and I aren't in the best place financially i.e lots of credit card debt from when DH was laid off. Now DH has an amazing job that he loves and pays well so we are working on it diligently to be set by May, this baby just came sooner than expected. I'm just worried my dad will be upset at us for not waiting till a more appropriate time. 

Edit because autocorrect hates me 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    I went home for Thanksgiving and we shared our news with my parents and sisters, all of whom were elated. Yesterday, we had a really long and stressful travel day (drive to the airport that took 5 hours instead of 2 due to traffic, delayed flight, you name it.) I got really emotional in the airport because I have this irrational fear my parens will not be as close to my kids as they are my sister's children. I know this is ridiculous because they aren't the type to show favoritism but it is just hard for me to get over. We live in the South, and both DH and my family are from the Northeast. My parents see my niece and nephew (their first grandkids) all the time, and obviously for logistical reasons that isn't possible for us. My mom plans to retire next year, so hopefully that will allow her to spend longer periods of time visiting us. I don't know if this is pregnancy hormones coupled with the stress of holiday travel or what, but I woke up this morning still sad about it. Anyone in or have experience with a similar situation?
  • Options
    @cssme13 It sounds like you have it all under control with paying off your debt. I am sure you dad will be happy for you!! Try to not worry too much about it ;)

We are also planning to announce on Christmas to my family and extended family. 

On a total different note - anyone catch a cold while pregnant? I have a BAD one right now and am struggling. The pregnancy symptoms plus a cold are awful. Anyone have any good home remedies?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I have my 8 week appointment on Wednesday! I am so excited. I found out I was pregnant at 3 weeks + 3 days so it has been a very long wait for me. Here's hoping this little one is right on track!
  • Options
    @irishrose54 there is a thread further down somewhere about cold remedies
  • Options

@hqinmd Awesome I will do some digging. thanks. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure if this topic has been brought up somewhere else or not...but what are everyone's thoughts on the NT scan? Doing it, not doing it?

We are probably going to do it, but solely because I just want another U/S! I got the initial U/S at my OB's office, but her machine is (in her words) 'a dinosaur' so it was super fuzzy and doesn't print or anything. The NT scan would be at a facility with more advanced machines. If we don't do it, we don't get another one until the anatomy scan, and I don't think I can wait that long! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Rae. said:
    Not sure if this topic has been brought up somewhere else or not...but what are everyone's thoughts on the NT scan? Doing it, not doing it?

We are probably going to do it, but solely because I just want another U/S! I got the initial U/S at my OB's office, but her machine is (in her words) 'a dinosaur' so it was super fuzzy and doesn't print or anything. The NT scan would be at a facility with more advanced machines. If we don't do it, we don't get another one until the anatomy scan, and I don't think I can wait that long! 
    There's actually a whole thread about it just a ways down and it looks like there is a lot of info in there! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Married: 05/26/2012

DS Born Happy and Healthy via C-section: 10/04/2013

Natural M/C: 07/08/2014

DD Born Happy and Healthy via Emergency C-section: 06/30/2015

BFP #4: 11/15/2016

EDD: 7/27/2017

• Options
    I just heard this morning that my sister is also pregnant, due 2 months before me. She tried very hard. I'm super excited! It's her first. But I feel like I am kinda stealing her thunder with mine and I barely tried. We only threw caution to the wind once and we weren't even sure we wanted to yet. This is our second. I feel like it's her moment. Everyone has been praying for her and now it's all mixed up with mine. Although a second kid is always less exciting so not a lot of competition. Or maybe I'm overthinking it! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    danyellie-2danyellie-2 member
    edited November 2016
    @plumpous my best friend went thru this last year. Her and her husband had been trying for a few years (hormones, IVF, ect) and her sister found out she was pregnant on a woops before my friend did and was so scared to tell her but in the end it was awesome for them they were pregnant together and my friend didn't feel slighted in the least. Actually it was funny cause my friends SIL was also pregnant, it was kind of neat. So don't worry I'm sure she will be happy and it will be awesome to do it together!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just found out my SIL is pregnant too. She believes she's due in July as well but has to wait till dec 13th for dr appt. to find out(has a 7 month old and breastfeeding). So happy to have someone in real life going through this too. It's her 4th child as well.
                           SD(13) DS(10) DS(4) DS(3)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    I'm "finally" nauseous, the symptom I've been waiting for. I had hyperemesis gravidarum with my first, so I had a feeling it would come. But despite that, the raging mood swings, the pot belly pig look, the huge sore boobs, and the exhaustion, I still don't feel pregnant. We did IVF to have this baby and very much wanted and have planned for it, but I still feel no connection to this pregnancy or baby at all. I feel terrible. It just doesn't feel real. My first baby was totally unplanned, in a terrible time in my life, when I was only 21, single, and treated my body poorly But I felt more connection then than I do now. I feel guilty about it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    @ninambutler Just want to chime in about not connecting. I am definitely not connected yet either. We also went through fertility treatments but it was an IUI not IVF.  ***TW  Loss mentioned***

I experienced multiple losses this year so I know that is why I am not yet connecting. But I think it's kind of normal for the first trimester. Don't feel guilty. You will connect eventually. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @ninambutler maybe you are just remembering how connected you felt in later pregnancy. It's super early there's no kicks or even a bump to make it feel real yet. personally I feel like I'm not connecting in case something happens so I won't be as heartbroken even tho I know I will devestated. 
  • Options
    @irishrose54 @morgarita I think that is a big part of it. I just want to protect myself in case it doesn't work out. I had myself pretty convinced the first cycle wouldn't work, so I'm still in shock. I am so sorry for your losses @irishrose54 .

I also see a lot of people in IVF and fb due date groups I'm in talking about how connected they feel and I'm comparing a bit, I know I shouldn't. I just don't feel it yet! I probably won't until I know the sex. I think that may make it more real!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.
  • Options
    DcwtadaDcwtada member
    edited November 2016
    @ninambutler don't stress it, you may not connect until your baby is born or even after, it is completely normal - don't force anything and please don't feel guilty. I completely forget I am pregnant still and while I am excited I can admit no connection - once the kicking and we know the sex I will probably feel more connected and bonded but even then that's nothing to meeting your baby. Best advice I ever got was don't compare pregnancies (your own or others) either with symptoms or mentally/emotionally. 

Anyone else noticing their husband/partner needing more of your time? This is baby number three o it's not exactly new and we have wanted our final baby for a few months but now he is getting so touchy and grumpy if we don't get enough alone time (more so than before I was pregnant oddly) and is bitchy if we don't go out on dates or do stuff alone. It's like have a jealous older child...
  • Options
    @ninambutler I mentioned all the way at the top that I can't picture another kid in our scenario right now - I am with you, I do not feel connected to this baby at all! Like, I know I'm pregnant because i am exhausted by 7 and my period hasn't started and my boobs are sore, but I don't know what's going on down there, and what if there's no heart beat, and I just don't feel connected. I have been grappling with this feeling and didn't quite know how to say it. anyways. hoping it'll change with the u/s.... IN TWO LONG WEEKS! bleh. 

• Options
    @Dcwtada, Yes! DH is driving me crazy with being so needy! 
  • Options
    Has anyone found brands of maternity leggings or yoga pants? I wear usually yoga pants everyday (stay at home on my here) and they're really irritating my stomach. Like making me feel nauseous. And leggings usually don't stay up. Not looking to spend a lot either tho, less than $20? More I guess if they're amazing. 
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Looking for a skin care recommendation!  Since my bfp, my skin is a mess and my normal neutorgena isn't cutting it anymore haha. Anyone have a regimen they love?

edit: words are hard.

Me: 33 DH: 33

Married: 6.9.12
    DS born: 4.9.14
    DD born 7.27.17

• Options
    @GeorgiaWife6912 I don't know that I'd call it a regimen, lol, but I use Aveeno skin brightening daily scrub and (wait for it) Banana Boat Aloe After Sun lotion every day. I still break out, but the breakouts don't seem to last as long.

I also stopped washing my face with cleansers in the morning, instead I just rinse with water. I think it helps prevent my natural oils from going into overdrive, but I could be going crazy!
    Me: 30 DH: 30
    Dating: 12/21/2001
    Married: 09/08/2012
    TTC: 09/2016
    BFP: 11/16/2016 EDD: 07/27/2017
    Baby Fish born: 08/01/2017

• Options
    @GeorgiaWife6912 I use some Clinique acne stuff but like @RunRestRepeat said I don't always use cleansers just water, I got a makeup eraser I think it was called. I bought mine at Walmart for like $4 for 3 they also sell them at sephora for like $20 but my Walmart one is amazing and actually gets all my makeup off. 
  • Options
    @morgarita My Motherhood Maternity yoga pants are my favorite. I wear them all the time. With the current 30% discount they come out to about $21 before tax. 

https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=992380291
  • Options
    @morgarita I second the yoga pants at Motherhood Maternity. 
  • Options
    plumpous said:
    I just heard this morning that my sister is also pregnant, due 2 months before me. She tried very hard. I'm super excited! It's her first. But I feel like I am kinda stealing her thunder with mine and I barely tried. We only threw caution to the wind once and we weren't even sure we wanted to yet. This is our second. I feel like it's her moment. Everyone has been praying for her and now it's all mixed up with mine. Although a second kid is always less exciting so not a lot of competition. Or maybe I'm overthinking it! 
    This happened to a friend of mine where her older sister was trying so hard to get pregnant and my friend was having her second.  She didn't make a huge deal of it on like social media or anything, basically announced when they knew what they were having.  Their families knew and it was just celebrating the fact that the cousins would be so close in age and just being really excited for that moment of raising their kiddos together.
    "Once you are real, you can't become unreal again.  It lasts for always." ~ The Velveteen Rabbit

*8.3.13*  mc @ 6-7 weeks {natural mc at 12 weeks}
    *3.14.14*  mc @ 5-6 weeks DnC {blood clotting disorder discovered}
    *8.7.14* mc @ 6 weeks DnC {uterine septum removed March '14)
    *3.17.15* mc @ 7 weeks DnC {genetic testing & meeting with a new RE in Jan '15}
    *8.31.16* mc @ 8 weeks DnC {genetic testing, new medications upon next pregnancy}
    *7.17.16* praying everyday for my rainbow baby {progesterone supplements, blood thinning injections}

• Options
    @morgarita I got some comfortable maternity yoga pants at Old Navy and they were fantastic. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    My face has been breaking out also, and I usually use on-the-spot neutrogena, but I googled and there are conflicting posts about Salic acid and benzoyl peroxide use while pregnant so I stopped using it and now my pimples are out of control! I have my doctors appointment today so I'll be asking her, but was also wondering what you ladies thought. 
  • Options
    Target has good (not so expensive) maternity yoga pants. As for skin care, lush makes great natural products. I use lush charcoal face and body soap. It's a little expensive but I find it lasts longer than a regular (let's say dove) bar of soap. Also rice paper to fight the oily pregnancy face. Works miracles and can be bought at Sally's, ultra, sephora, amazon.
  • Options
    @mamadcb @hqinmd thanks I've been looking at the motherhood maternity secret panel or whatever. I hate buying more stuff and it not working out so I think I'm gonna go see if I can try them on this weekend.