July 2017 Moms

Symptoms - Week of 11/14

Re: Symptoms - Week of 11/14

• The nausea this morning is bad. So bad. I've already eaten breakfast (hashbrowns and sausage...best thing ever), but I haven't even left my hotel yet for training and I've thought I was going to toss my cookies twice. This does not bode well for the day. :(
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • I'm SOOOOOOOO exhausted. Like all day err'day. I'm cutting down on my coffee intake too which isn't helping. I'm having hip flexor pain on my right side. I thought I had pulled my hip flexor while running, but I'm wondering if it could be related to the fact I had SPD really bad last pregnancy. Could it already be showing up? I'm only 4 weeks 3 days...
  • Loading the player...
  • kat0607kat0607 member
    edited November 2016
    @hdhtk4 I've only had heartburn one time in my life (that I can recall) and it literally felt like I was dying. It felt like my stomach and esophagus were on fire. I had to lay on the couch not moving until it went away. 
    ETA: It came a few hours after I ate!

I have like this constant feeling of nausea but it's mainly in my throat, like I could gag at any time. Sometimes it's full blown queasy, I've found that mint helps me too. All I want to eat is soup and carbs. 
  • @Hdhtk4 If you have symptoms so bad you feel like it may be a heart attack please call your doctor ASAP and speak with one of the nurses just to be sure.  If nothing else they can assure you based on your symptoms and prescribe something to help relieve you.
  • Ginger is FINE in pregnancy.  It is one of the gentlest remedies for helping with nausea.  Whole foods has ginger crystal candy thingies that you can nibble on over the course of the day to help with all day nausea.

I'm still having these splitting headaches ugh!  I tried Pepsi in the evening and green tea during the day because I suspect caffeine withdrawal is playing a factor but it's not helping that much sniff sniff.... 
    Has your OB given you any suggestions?  Mine put me on a daily dose of 400 mg magnesium and 25 mg riboflavin (B2).  My problem is migraines but maybe you could talk to them and see if it would be ok to try for regular head aches too.  It took about a week for it to build up in my system and start working but I've been headache free since!

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Hdhtk4Hdhtk4 member
    edited November 2016
    Thanks @MimoCa, @kat0607, and @caribbeanmama! It subsided after about 30 minutes.

Edited because it didn't tag correctly.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Good morning nose bleed.  Was not expecting that one.
  • Yes! So thirsty, all the time! I think this is why my skin was so great during my first pregnancy...tons of water!
  • SO TIRED!!!!! Today is hitting me real hard. 
  • Lots of nausea today. Felt like I was going to vomit multiple times. I am generally one to avoid throwing up at all costs (I can force myself not to in many situations) so we'll see how this all plays out. I have a feeling I'll lose on it.

But what am I supposed to do if I need to puke when I have a roomful of kids I'm in charge of with nobody else there? This confuses me and I don't know what to do about it...

Sore throat started this afternoon which I'm wondering if it's pregnancy-sinus related or if I'm coming down with something. Anybody had this?
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • baxgirl said:
    Lots of nausea today. Felt like I was going to vomit multiple times. I am generally one to avoid throwing up at all costs (I can force myself not to in many situations) so we'll see how this all plays out. I have a feeling I'll lose on it.

But what am I supposed to do if I need to puke when I have a roomful of kids I'm in charge of with nobody else there? This confuses me and I don't know what to do about it...

Sore throat started this afternoon which I'm wondering if it's pregnancy-sinus related or if I'm coming down with something. Anybody had this?
    Garbage can works. Not pleasant but better than the alternative. 
  • @LimeKrazy I haven't asked my midwife about it - was hoping it would go away.  I was taking magnesium and B vitamins earlier in the year though - so I could send her a note asking about its efficacy in treating headaches during pregnancy.  Thanks for the tip.
  • LimeKrazy said:
    Ginger is FINE in pregnancy.  It is one of the gentlest remedies for helping with nausea.  Whole foods has ginger crystal candy thingies that you can nibble on over the course of the day to help with all day nausea.

I'm still having these splitting headaches ugh!  I tried Pepsi in the evening and green tea during the day because I suspect caffeine withdrawal is playing a factor but it's not helping that much sniff sniff.... 
    Has your OB given you any suggestions?  Mine put me on a daily dose of 400 mg magnesium and 25 mg riboflavin (B2).  My problem is migraines but maybe you could talk to them and see if it would be ok to try for regular head aches too.  It took about a week for it to build up in my system and start working but I've been headache free since!
    I'm just now starting to get headaches that I think will likely turn into migraines - are you saying magnesium will help with this? TIA! 
  • baxgirl said:
    Lots of nausea today. Felt like I was going to vomit multiple times. I am generally one to avoid throwing up at all costs (I can force myself not to in many situations) so we'll see how this all plays out. I have a feeling I'll lose on it.

Garbage can works. Not pleasant but better than the alternative. 
    True but then my principal will send me home. I'm not planning to tell work until January. 
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @caribbeanmama @satsumasandlemons  My OB nurse said that the magnesium and B2 combo is a treatment they were told about from a neurologist they work with.  It wasn't an instant fix (like I said, it took about a week for my constant almost migraine to be gone) but I've been headache free for close to 2 weeks now!

Age 35, H 34

Married 5/09

Pregnancy #1, IUI, MMC, D&C Feb 2012

Pregnancy #2,IUI, MMC, D&C July 2012

Pregnancy #3 IUI, BFP 10/25/12 - Two heartbeats on the U/S!

Twin Girls! C (6/24/13) and E (6/24/13-5/20/15)

Surprise BFP! 10/23/16, EDD 7/2/17

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The last 2 days I've been SO nauseous all day. I ate bread all day yesterday, pretty much. I bought some B6 on the way to work this morning and took it in the car... I also bought Unisom but was afraid to take it before work because I didn't want to fall asleep. 
  • @spk112 yeah I've been doing plain b6 in the AM and then b6 plus unisom at bedtime. I think it's helping me vomit less but I'm still pretty nauseated all day long.  It's been crackers and bread for me. And then very occasionally I can eat something else. I felt accomplished keeping down half of an eggplant rollatini lol
    TTC history in spoiler
    Me: 31 Him: 37
    Married: Oct 2015
    Baby G born June 2017
    TTC#2: July 2018
    BFP #2: 2/6/19 MC 3/14/19
    BFP#3 from IUI #2: 6/30/20 EDD 3/9/21

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy  Baby Tracker

• I'm at 5+5 and have two new symptoms: SUPER HUNGRY all the time and lower back pain. It seems like way too early for these, though! Anyone else?? I guess I'll take the hunger while I can before the nausea sets in?
    Me: 28 I MH: 27
    Married August 2016
    TTC #1 September 2016
    BFP 10/31/16
    EDD 7/16/17
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Being really tired hit me like a freight train today. Thank God DH was driving today because I fell asleep in the car on the way to work.
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• So just for some reference - how far were you ladies when you started feeling the nausea? It is kind of hard to tell exactly how far everyone was by going through the symptoms threads.

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• GG620 said:
    So just for some reference - how far were you ladies when you started feeling the nausea? It is kind of hard to tell exactly how far everyone was by going through the symptoms threads.
    @GG620 - Seems like most ladies are getting hit with it at about 5 - 6 weeks
    Me:28 | DH: 28
    Married: 07-2014
    TTC #1: Since November 2015
    Restarted TTC "count" Oct. 2016
         due to previous issues.
    ***TW***
    BFP: 11/4/2016
    *TW*
     BabyFruit Ticker

• @GG620 it started early for me around 4-5 weeks (this is not my first pregnancy).  With my first it hit me around 6 weeks.
  • Tired. Soooo very tired.  

I can't find the post, but someone mentioned that they got winded while teaching.  I just gave a presentation and almost passed out in the middle - it's a thing.  Couldn't. Regulate. Breathing!!  Oh yeah, and I think the kitchen must be farther away than before...
    * TW *
    Me: 34  DH:38 (Married Sept 2014)
    TTC since May 2015
    IUI #1: July 2016 - BFN
    IUI #2: August 2016 - BFN
    IVF #1: Stims 10/21/16, ER 11/02/2016 (5 follies, 5 fert),
                ET 11/07/2016 (2 blast xfer, 3 frosties)
                BFP 11/11/2-16!! (4dp5dt) Beta #1 (7dp5dt) = 30  Beta #2 (9dp5dt) = 66  Beta #3 (11dp5dt) = 130

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • omg, I was already plenty sensitive to begin with but now anytime I see some feel good or other sappy story out there I have to turn it off because I'll start crying with so little provoking already!
    BabyGaga

BabyGaga
  • GG620 said:
    So just for some reference - how far were you ladies when you started feeling the nausea? It is kind of hard to tell exactly how far everyone was by going through the symptoms threads.
    I felt nauseous for a good week before I got my BFP (I got two negatives in that time). It was more off and on then. It's now way more regular
    Emily
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • EmeraldNC said:
    Yall... I just need to complain... I FEEL AWFUL. AWFUL. AWFUL. I am SO tired... SO nauseous (not throwing up though)... my head hurts... my emotions are everywhere... and I have zero patience. (Zero patience is not a good thing when you work with special needs children.)
    Let it out sister ... that's what we're here for!

I'm sooo nauseous, averse to all food, have a super-human sense of smell, and have brain fog like a mother*.  Which isn't good because I'm taking 4 classes right now.  God help me.
  • @GG620 I started feeling queasy on and off when I was 5 weeks or so. It's gotten much more intense in the last couple of days. I'm 6w3d today. 
  • I'm 7w6d and have been incredibly nauseous but not throwing up since 5wks. I hate everything and always feel on edge because of it. I don't even know if I'm having other pregnancy symptoms because I literally cannot see past the nausea and I've lost 5 lbs already....not good...ugh!! Also, this is my second and w DS I was a bit nauseous but could totally function through it. Nothing like this:(
  • Tired. Soooo very tired.  

I can't find the post, but someone mentioned that they got winded while teaching.  I just gave a presentation and almost passed out in the middle - it's a thing.  Couldn't. Regulate. Breathing!!  Oh yeah, and I think the kitchen must be farther away than before...
    That was me! So glad I'm not alone. I remember getting easily winded last pregnancy, but it was later on when I was a whale. Which made sense. This is ridiculous lol. 
  • I am the same about 6 weeks. I can't fall asleep and keep waking up between 3am &5am every morning. Otherwise I feel fine. I didn't find out I was pregnant with my first until 8 weeks,hope I do not get the nausea.
  • @paopdx1981 sleep has been so limited for me too. I work 12 hours shift 5 days a week and a 6 hour shifts 2 days a week and I feel so sorry for myself and lack of sleep :(
  • Anyone have issues regulating body temp? Since I got my BFP I've been cold all the time. Then, all of the sudden, I get a hot flash and feel like i need fresh cold air or I'll pass out. It'a awful!

I also got my first really bad headache yesterday. It didn't turn into a migraine (thankfully) but I am going to discuss it with my doctor. I am already on b supplements. 
  • @oheliza44 That right there is my life.
  • @Hdhtk4 yes girl!!!! I have it and I've had it for a while (I'm only 27 and pretty healthy). I've diagnosed myself ;) with anxiety (which triggers stomach/heartburn issues) and possible slipping rib syndrome (or something similar). That's just me and I'm a subconscious hot mess I guess. I hope you feel better soon and it's super treatable! 
  • oheliza44 said:
    Anyone have issues regulating body temp? Since I got my BFP I've been cold all the time. Then, all of the sudden, I get a hot flash and feel like i need fresh cold air or I'll pass out. It'a awful!

I also got my first really bad headache yesterday. It didn't turn into a migraine (thankfully) but I am going to discuss it with my doctor. I am already on b supplements. 
    Yes! I feel like I'm going through menopause. 
  • I already can't lay on my left side because it feels like my insides don't 'line up' and it hurts. So it's back or right side. I'm nauseous off and on all day and night. Didn't have this my first pregnancy. It's miserable. I'm sick to my stomach every time I manage to eat, no matter how bland or small the snack is. And the headaches and migraines are truly kicking my ass. I didn't have ANY of this with DS. I honestly can't believe it. Lol. The worst part is now I have a baby to care for and it's proving very difficult when husband is at work nonstop and I'm on the edge of death feeling. I'm just trying to take things one day at a time. One day at a time. 
  • I am 5 weeks and 2 days. My symptoms are the girls hurt ALL the time!!!!! My nipples burn, I am still getting twinges and feel like there is a constant little softball in my pelvic region. I am exhausted, have sooooooo much congestion and today it hit me......I now know what they mean by all day sickness:-) Even when I am nauseous I am starving (how is that possible)!!!!! I pee just thinking about water and every commercial about the holidays makes me blubber :D Everyone is walking the tightwire known as my nerves and smells are sooooooo off putting.

I did not realize I had so many until I wrote them down :D
    ME 37 + DH 40
    Tried to conceive first baby over a year. 
    October 2015: Began IVF <3
    November 2015: 15 Eggs Retrieved, 10 Viable, 8 Fertilized through ICSI, 4 6 Day Blastocysts Made It To Freeze!!!!
    December 2015: FET #1 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFN :(
    January 2016: FET #2 Transferred 2 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
    February 19, 2016: Officially lost our little blueberry through natural miscarriage. 
    July 17, 2016: FET #3 Transferred 1 6 Day Blastocyst BFP!!!!!
    August 2016: Officially lost our little bean through natural miscarriage. 

!!!!!!SURPRISE!!!!!!
    Natural pregnancy October 2016!!!!!
    Our Miracle Rainbow Baby
    Due Date July 20, 2017

http://danica-thethingstheydonttellyou.blogspot.com/
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Yes to the wonky body temperature shifts... I'm suddenly cold all the time, wearing my robe over my clothes and socks, of all things (I hate wearing socks). Then I get a hot flash and the back of my neck feels sweaty! 

I'm also experiencing extremely tender breasts, backache, dull ache on my right side (kinda like menstrual crampy dullness), tired but have a really hard time getting comfortable at night/ tossing and turning, really thirsty, craving cow's milk (usually don't drink milk at all), and today I had a spell of light headed/dizziness... almost thought I might throw up for a minute but it quickly went away after laying down. 

No nausea yet or food/smell aversions. 
    Vive Les Frasers
    Related image

Anniversary
  • Hdhtk4 said:
    Also, the bloat is insane. I have 2 friends having LuLaRoe parties this week so I think I'm going to stock up on their leggings and flowy clothes since I can barely fit into my normal clothes at the moment!
    I love my LulaRoe's!!!!! I'm considering hosting a party soon so I can stock up. I have a friend who wore all LLR clothes through her whole pg and she looked so cute all the dang time!
    Jenn, mama to Big K (6/05) and Little K (5/07) and stepmama to Midde K (11/05)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm SO looking forward to this magical "second trimester energy" that I hear all about. As someone who never even has a cold more than once or twice a year, I hate feeling sick/tired/nauseated/lethargic every single day. Weekends are usually when I am the most productive (since I work full time), but every time I get up and do one thing, I have to lay down for like 20 minutes and rest. It's ridiculous. The nausea has been hitting me hardest in the evening. And someone else mentioned it above, but I can relate to dealing nauseous and yet still so hungry at the same time.