February 2017 Moms
Options

UO & FFFC (11/17-18)

2»

Re: UO & FFFC (11/17-18)

• Options
    I'm excited too @NiceyMeany :)
    If anyone is interested, H and I went to a breastfeeding class taught by this guy called "Brian the birth guy". He's a little out there, but he made me really confident. He also teaches a fun class for dads called "rockin' dads". H went to the class and said it was great :) 
    He posts a lot online and on YouTube. And he's filming a show with TLC, which is pretty cool. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That guy looks totally entertaining @srscott3! How interesting for a guy to go down that path.
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany I am totally looking forward to it! In sort of the same way I was excited about pregnancy--I mean, a human child is growing inside my body right now. And then I'm going to feed this human child solely with a substance produced by my body. How insane and f*cked up and cool is that? It's almost like science fiction to me, and I think it's so wild. I'm also not stressed if it doesn't work out, so that helps my ability to be excited, I think.

Also, can we return to the fact that BF is FREE?! Minus the few "accessories" you might end up needing, how amazing is it that you don't have spend money on formula? Hell, I could be excited to try BFing based on potential money savings alone.

Yes to all of this^!!! I'm really excited about it too. I know it won't be easy but a lot of things in life aren't easy.
    Me: 24  DH: 28

Married: 9/2013

Love my LEO!!

TTC #1: 9/2015

BFP: 2/1/16  MC 2/8/16 @ 5wks

BFP: 5/22/16 RAINBOW BABY

EDD: 1/30/2017 *IT'S A GIRL!!!!* 

Kirsten Grace 1/20/17                            

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany I loved nursing my kid.  like i get all sobby just thinking about it. 
    same. There were so many exhausting days but I loved it so much. 
    Me three. 
  • Options
    @MoonOverGoldsboro my cousin said she didn't want to bother breastfeeding because apparently FF makes babies sleep better :neutral: that kinda response does make me judgy because Uhm, WUT? 

I started FF my baby around 4-5 months old and he only started sleeping through the night at 9 months so.... 

Ok you hit the point where I start judging. I've honestly never heard anyone use a reason like that or it being "gross" IRL. Sometimes I don't know what I don't know until you ladies tell me. Everyone I know who exclusively FF and volunteered a reason to me (I would never ask) said it was because either BF did not work well for them or because they were just really uncomfortable with it, for which I assume they have their reasons. 
  • Options
    tentacular tentacular member
    edited November 2016
    Moms who don't want to try breastfeeding get zero judgement from me. My best friend says that she won't even try when the time comes, because the thought of it grosses her out. I get that it's natural and beautiful and all that, but... it's HER body. Her feelings about that are 100% valid, as are her choices about her body. I think anything else is anti-feminist bullshit. Would men get the side eye if they chose to retain a bit of body autonomy after giving up their bodies to grow and birth another person for almost a year? No way. 

I both loved and hated breastfeeding. It was SO hard when baby was EBF and I felt friggin CHAINED to him. It was hard enough transitioning to being a parent... breastfeeding makes them so dependent on only you. It's a lot of pressure. But it got easier and easier as he got older, and i eventually loved it. I cried like a baby when we stopped at 2.

I haven't even looked at the nursery thread. Now I feel like I've been missing out! 
  • Options
    I'm really looking forward to BFing too. Last time I was so misled and so uninformed (no LC in the hospital to start). And this time I'm very determined to make it work!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @BeckS13 Same boat. I'm on Keppra, 100% planning on BF. Keep your hopes up ;)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3844381/

If a nurse freaks out, ask them if they still think going outside barefoot is what causes colds too.  :p

That is good to know though! I hadn't really thought about people freaking out. I may mention it during early delivery so I can get my Nuero to push it with them if he needs to.

Me: 31  H: 32
    Married: 10/10
    EDD: 8/27/16  MMC 1/16
    Rainbow Boy: 2/04/17
    TTC: 4/18 BFP: 1/2/19
    EDD: 9/6/19
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    foxrosy said:
    Perhaps my UO/FFFC is that folks should get used to feeling like a failure, guilty, unsure, disappointed and judged as a mother/parent. Do you Boo, it's friggin Vietnam war out here.
    And to add a rainbow, it's also terribly beautiful. 
    PREACH. 
  • Options
    I held onto ten pounds until I kicked him off the boob. It may have been in my boobs though. 
  • Options
    @NiceyMeany add me to the excited to breastfeed club!

Like PPs said, women get to choose to breastfeed or not. I'm not judging or questioning. I'll judge a lot of parenting decisions  but not that because  there are too many reasons to not breastfeed that are 100% legit.
  • Options
    @LivingLaVidaGinger are you secretly my SIL?
  • Options
    @PerraSucia I wish. My SIL sux. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: I really want to see the revival of Cats on Broadway.
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Alright, I'll admit it. 
    I judge people who don't even TRY to breastfeed. 
    Like if you try it, even once, and hate it then hey at least you gave it a shot. But I can't wrap my head around not even trying to do what is medically recommended and free. Of course any medical or physical issues, past experiences etc  aren't included in this, but if you just don't want to bother trying I side eye that. 
    Also, while formula is a really great thing for those who CAN'T breastfeed, I think the saying "fed is best" is kinda silly. 
    I mean, my kid won't eat a damn vegetable but I can say that veggies are better for her than her diet of chicken nuggets. 
    ::puts on flame retardant suit::

I am glad you said this because I was thinking the same thing but didn't have the guts!  

For those that don't/didn't want to try breastfeeding at all - I'm curious why?  
    I know one of my aunts never even tried cuz she thought her boobs would sag. I should ask her if she's still happy with her decision. she probably is cuz her boys seem to be healthy.  

• Options
    tishb said:
    I'm excited for breastfeeding, and I'm hoping it's as easy as it was with my first 2. I lucked out in that department. Unfortunately I heard the shaming
    in having 2 c-sections. I hate that people think that's the "easy way out" Ummm... no! Not one bit! And I still gave birth to these children, vag or not! 
    Honestly, I had a pretty traumatic vaginal delivery and I'd still be less stressed about going through that again than my upcoming scheduled c-section.  That's major abdominal surgery. HUGE kudos to c-section mamas. I'll never understand the "getting out of it easy" comment. 
    First BFP: 12/16/13
    EDD: 08/23/14
    Baby BOY born: 08/29/14