June 2017 Moms
Options

Weight Gain!

Happy Halloween ladies! I noticed my pants were a little snug so I stepped on my arch nemesis and noticed I had gained 6 lbs. My eating habits have been down right shameful lately and I have also started a new medicine. But it made me wonder if any of you wonderful women were already starting to see the scale creep. I've noticed that the smell of EVERYTHING is turning my stomach so hopefully that will stick around this week to combat the distaster of a week last week!

Re: Weight Gain!

• Options
    Yes! I'm sure it's  the lack of exercise from being so exhausted all the time and eating all the carbs to help with the nausea. I'm trying to get my diet cleaned up with the hope that it will help me feel better.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was actually down 6 pounds in the first 2.5 weeks due to nausea/throwing up.  So I'm back to my starting weight now at almost 10 weeks. 
    Really hoping this time that I keep things under control.  I'm average weight to begin with and gained 40 pounds with DD.  My face was so puffed up the last couple of months that I couldn't even smile without my eyes closing up.  It sucked and I looked nothing like myself. 
    They say girls take your beauty, right?  Maybe that was the reason. ;-)
    So yeah, I'm not allowing myself to give into every craving and to be mindful of what I eat.  Even though I can't keep much down without meds at this point.
    TTC 1.0
    17 months TTC and 1miscarriage, 1 chemical pregnancy, rainbow baby born 2/16/15
    TTC 2.0
    16 months TTC, 2 chemical pregnancies, EDD 6/3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have a scale, but I can at least see a difference in my mid section. I've been so tired and feeling so awful that my exercise has really gone out the window. I hope that in the coming weeks I can get back into working out and make myself feel better. I've been doing my best to balance between eating a lot of fruit and vegetables and also French fries. 

I gained 30lbs with my DD and was really lucky to lose it all and then some fairly quickly. I was 24 then though. Now I'm 5 years older and worried that my body isn't going to gain weight and lose it so eloquently. 

• Options
    I gained about 20lbs with my son and 15lbs with my daughter. I didn't have any weight gain in 1st tri with either of them. This pregnancy just feels much different than my previous two. Gaining a couple of pounds in 1st tri is totally normal for some pregnancies, even without giving in to every craving. I'm not stressing about gaining too much by the end.

• Options
    I learned at the OB last week that I've gained 7-9 pounds since I first started fertility treatments. So I'm sure it's probably a combination of that and now the pregnancy. I feel huge and I know that's only going to get worse! I've been trying to eat healthy but like others have said, that is hard with the food aversions and cravings. I end up eating pretty much the only thing that sounds good at any given time and that is not always good for me.
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Options
    I was on a keto diet leading up to my BFP and once the nausea hit at ! 5w I had to jump ship on that diet and eat all the carbs.  I saw an initial spike of 4 - 5 pounds which can be expected as carbs hold more water... then I lost 7 pounds due to nausea/vomiting... enter diclegis and the ability to eat/keep food down so I'm back at the pre-pregnancy + 5.  I'm not going to stress too much, but I know my OB is going to see this 9 lb. increase in 1.5 weeks and scold me... as they only have the low weight on my chart... not my true pre-pregnancy weight.
  • Options
    I hadn't weighed myself for awhile before I got pregnant but I weighed myself over the weekend and I don't think I've gained anything. Maybe just a few pounds. Some of my clothes are tighter though. I've already put away 1 1/2 bins of stuff I either already can't wear or won't be able to wear in the spring/summer! 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have noticed my pants getting a little more snug around the waist, I've been nauseous, but haven't actually been throwing up- so if I'm gaining weight I'm totally blaming it on being too exhausted to even attempt to use my gym membership lol 
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    stella1011stella1011 member
    edited October 2016
    I think I've gained a pound... but most likely due to my complete lack of will power around halloween candy! :)
  • Options
    It's hard to get a read on my weight. Depends a lot on what I'm eating. Between the sodium in the junk food I'm eating, lack of veggies and constipation, and days I can barely eat anything, I can go up or down 5 pounds in either direction from my prepregnancy weight. I'm eating anything that sounds good but maintaining reasonable portions (which is not hard right now, I obsess over anything I don't have an aversion to, start eating, and by the time I'm 3/4 of the way through it it becomes an aversion too).
  • Options
    So they weighed me today at the dr. Lost around 5 lbs since the pregnancy was confirmed. Probably a combo of being stricter with my nutrition and now not wanting to eat anything in existence. Dr wants to aim for total weight gain of 25 lbs
  • Options
    Keep in mind that normally your weight fluctuates up to 3 pounds from day to day.
    I think I've gained a couple pounds from pre-preg but whatevs.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    I've gained 6-7lbs depending on the time of day.  Its all gone straight to my belly and boobs.  I had to get new bras because I shot up a cup size really quickly.  But I've recently started pre-natal fitness classes so hopefully they help mitigate the weight gain a bit.  I don't eat a lot but when I do it's usually things that are high calorically so that's probably where the extra lbs are coming from. 
  • Options
    I gained 20 lbs in my first pregnancy and 6 lbs of that was water weight in the last five days of pregnancy. So I did really well! I am a bit over weight so I was pretty proud of myself for staying in the guidelines that the dr had recommended... I just hope I can do that good this time around! 6w 4 days in and I lost 1 pound due to nausea and food adversions... keep up the good work ladies! 
  • Options
    I've not moved in weight, but I definitely feel less healthy. My doctor was very kind at my first appointment when I told her my current diet is not "that great." She just said right now is not when we need to be worried about diet too much as long as I'm eating something. It should settle into healthy foods when I'm no longer queezy. 
    Married 8/12
    MC 4/15
    BFP 10/10/16

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I haven't gotten on the scale but I feel gross and my pants hate me. 
    Me: 38 l DH: 41
    Gavin - 8/27/10
    *TW*
    Gabriel - 2nd tri loss 5/17/16 Trisomy 18 & 21
    Hope -  2nd tri loss 12/7/16 complications from pneumonia

• Options
    I think I've actually gained weight despite nausea and aversions. The last doctors appointment I had I weighed in 3-5 pounds up, but it was right after lunch and a lot of water drinking. It will be interesting to see what wins out for the first tri: weight gain from carb/dairy based diet or weight loss from daily vomiting.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    I know I've gained some. I swear I have aversions to everything healthy. It sounds like a lie but it's true, haha. I don't like to compare numbers on this topic because it inevitably makes me feel bad or someone else feel bad, or both (as I experienced on my last bmb). 
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @berg and  others with pant-buttoning woes.... have you tried the hair tie trick? It's a lifesaver! 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/89/8d/36/898d36348d85cea3fe045f8ea52b3b67.jpg

• Options
    @jackiemarie1989 I am right there with you! Anything healthy does not sound good to me. I never craved sweets and now I want dessert every night. On top of that, I eat a Wendy's burger pretty much every other day. Chicken sounds gross to me right now. My diet has been absolutely awful. My pants feel tighter but so far, still fit. We will see how much longer I can make that work.
  • Options
    @jackiemarie1989 I am right there with you! Anything healthy does not sound good to me. I never craved sweets and now I want dessert every night. On top of that, I eat a Wendy's burger pretty much every other day. Chicken sounds gross to me right now. My diet has been absolutely awful. My pants feel tighter but so far, still fit. We will see how much longer I can make that work.
    Exactly. Chicken, fish, or anything too fibrous(so basically, veggies, whole grains, beans) make me gag.Currently my diet consists entirely of white carbs, sweets, dairy, and occasionally eggs. I am forcing myself to drink those naked smoothie drinks so I get at least *some* fruits and veggies. 
    Me: 26 DH: 27
    Married 6-15-13
    DS born 4-9-15
    Septate Uterus
    BFP 10/12/16--EDD 6/24/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    With my first pregnancy I gained 10 pounds in the first 10 weeks. It was super hard to say away from carbs. I was so miserable when I was pregnant with Owen, I gained 50 pounds. It was rough. I keep trying to remind myself I don't want to do that again. 
  • Options
    I gained 30 with my first with probably 20 of that in the last trimester but I didn't work out and ate like crap. I initially lost almost 20 pounds but breastfeeding made me starving and I gained back half of that in the first few months PP. It sucked. Since I've lost a good chunk but hadn't gotten down to pre pregnancy weight before I got pregnant this time. So far the nausea hasn't been as bad and I've been able to continue working out as before and eating normally for the most part so I've managed to lose 5 pounds since getting pregnant but I don't know if that will keep going. I'm worried about that last trimester. That was definitely rough for me! Really hoping I can work out through the second trimester. Will see!
  • Options
    I lost about 3 pounds last week, but I'm still really bloated. Not sure how that happens. Last time I lost 15 lbs in the first trimester, so I'm really trying to avoid that this time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @WorkingOnMyNightCheese I have used the hair tie trick a few times.  On some of my pants the zipper slips.  I generally wear a large hoodie to cover my bases anyway.  Thankfully it's cold at work ;)
  • Options
    Ahutch428 said:
    I lost about 3 pounds last week, but I'm still really bloated. Not sure how that happens. Last time I lost 15 lbs in the first trimester, so I'm really trying to avoid that this time. 
    This is me right now. Scale says I lost 5 pounds in a week, but my pants say lolololol 
  • Options
    Sirius37Sirius37 member
    edited November 2016
    @berg and  others with pant-buttoning woes.... have you tried the hair tie trick? It's a lifesaver! 

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/89/8d/36/898d36348d85cea3fe045f8ea52b3b67.jpg

I literally had to use this trick last night on the pants I wore with my costume...... after I was unable to get my first costume choice to fit at all. The struggle is real. I feel so bad for the first part of the day until about 2pm, then I'm semi normal until it comes back around 9 - 10pm. I know I've already gained weight because all I want is salt and carbs...
  • Options
    I haven't weighed myself, but I feel pudgy. Partly because I'm too exhausted to exercise consistently and in order to keep the nausea at bay, I've been eating little meals/snacks throughout the day from start to finish. So in the end, I'm probably over eating. 

When I am able to exercise, my boobs hurt so much, even though I wear a really good sports bra. Anyone else have any fixes for that?? It makes me not want to run!
  • Options
    I have gained a few pounds this pregnancy but I'm not worried at all.  I gained 40lbs with both my kiddos before and while that sounds like a lot I didn't have any trouble losing it fairly quickly.  My doctor has never really been concerned either.  Try not to stress over every pound.  My daughter was only 6lbs 14 oz and my son was 7lbs 6oz. Both perfectly healthy! 

I also have a slight Wendy's spicy chicken addiction that is not going to help any weight gain.  
  • Options
    @acrose0226 have you tried doubling up?  I've heard that helps some women.  Mine killed during the start of my run on Sunday, but after about 1/2 mile it dissipated.  Or at least it wasn't noticeable anymore.  I am on the smaller side normally, large B small C, so mine aren't giving me black eyes or anything.  I don't know how girls with big boobs work out.  I can barely handle mine. 
  • Options
    Ugh I am in my 8th week and have gained 3lbs as of this morning! With my last pregnancy I had lost 8lbs my first trimester and only gained 17lbs total but I was also working out with a physical trainer through my 7th month. I have a feeling I won't be as lucky this time around!
  • Options
    @berg - thanks for the tip. will try doubling up - though it seems odd for me to do that since I'm only a size B. But still, SO tender and sore!!!
  • Options
    I don't go on the scale, but was surprised by my weight at the Obgyn office.  Apparently this pregnancy I'm getting an early start, all the better. It's more stress when you can't gain the weight 
    J+J 05.12  .  N 04.15  .   No.2 due 06.17
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JaneShops said:
    I don't go on the scale, but was surprised by my weight at the Obgyn office.  Apparently this pregnancy I'm getting an early start, all the better. It's more stress when you can't gain the weight 
    That's a good way of looking at it! 
  • Options
    I have gained about 3 lbs, because right now I'm like GIVE ME ALL THE FOOD!  Which is nice, because my first pregnancy I didn't ever want to eat anything and was sick for 27 weeks... I lost 12 lbs initially with my first.  I am enjoying the eating part of this pregnancy already, A LOT!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    awillis13awillis13 member
    edited November 2016
    I'm only 6 weeks and I had to do this today.  Total bloat.  But my pants were Soooo uncomfortable, and all my leggings were in the laundry.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Oh, and I've been spotting on and off for almost 2 weeks, so I am on pelvic rest, and no exercise, until the spotting is gone for 7 consecutive days.  The lack of exercise I feel is making me more exhausted.

i don't think I've actually gained any wait yet, just feeling constantly bloated.
    BabyFruit Ticker