June 2017 Moms
Options

Weight Gain!

2»

Re: Weight Gain!

• Options
    I don't have a scale, so I don't know how much I've gained, but my pants are a tad snug. I'm not wild about that, but DH likes the snug jeans.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    Unfortunately I can't get on my scale (it's a Fitbit scale and has pregnancy warnings all over it...weird) but I'm 7w5d and broke down and bought a pair of maternity jeans at target the other day. Super comfortable but I was NOT expecting that at this point.  It's mostly been in my hips and butt, maybe a little in my lower belly.  It was an eye opener to eating better and making smart choices but I am curious to see my weight at the doctor in a few weeks.  I'm petrified of developing gestational diabetes as type 1 and 2 run deep in my family but I really need to get smart and start focusing on what exactly is going in my body. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kmd0501 said:
    Unfortunately I can't get on my scale (it's a Fitbit scale and has pregnancy warnings all over it...weird) but I'm 7w5d and broke down and bought a pair of maternity jeans at target the other day. Super comfortable but I was NOT expecting that at this point.  It's mostly been in my hips and butt, maybe a little in my lower belly.  It was an eye opener to eating better and making smart choices but I am curious to see my weight at the doctor in a few weeks.  I'm petrified of developing gestational diabetes as type 1 and 2 run deep in my family but I really need to get smart and start focusing on what exactly is going in my body. 
    Wait, why can't you use the fitbit scale when you are pregnant?  I have a fitbit Aria and I didn't even think to look for pregnancy warnings.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a fitbit scale too!  Where are these warnings?  On the fitbit website?  I've been using mine since way before I was pregnant.  I do think it's secretly judging me every time I weigh myself though :-)
  • Options
    awillis13 said:
    kmd0501 said:
    Wait, why can't you use the fitbit scale when you are pregnant?  I have a fitbit Aria and I didn't even think to look for pregnancy warnings.
    Maybe it's warning pregnant ladies to stay off so that it doesn't hurt feelings? :-) that's what I'm thinking.
  • Options
    I was really upset yesterday when I got weighed in at my appointment.  But I kept telling myself it was mid-day and I had clothes on.  So I forced myself on the scale this morning and surprisingly I'm roughly the same I've been since summer (which is up 5 pounds from my wedding a year ago).  But I guess I'll take it?
    Me: 28     DH :28
    Married 12/5/2015
    4 fur babies - 2 cats, 2 dogs
    TTC July 2016
  • Options
    @marybpoppins yeah the same thing happened to me.  I think their scales read high.
    MC Sept 2010
    BFP Oct 2011 - DD born July 2012
    TTC again since July 2014
    First IUI 9/26/16:  BFP!
    EDD 6/19/2017
    It's a girl!
    Born 6/26/17, 9lb 5oz
  • Options
    I am already overweight so I should only gain 10-15lbs total through pregnancy so I'm trying to be super careful.  So far I have not gained anything *phew* even tho I have been eating pretty much all carbs because its the only thing i can handle.  Despite the no weight gain though, my tummy is growing and my pants are uncomfortable tight.  Caved and wore maternity pants today!!!
  • Options
    @JessErinF so I'm feeling particularly fat these days.  I feel as though I started out overweight as well.  158lbs pre-pregnancy.  I was told I should gain 25-35lbs but I feel guilty to be 8lbs already.  Are you exercising?  I go to prenatal fitness classes 3 times a week and try to get my 10k steps everyday.  Is anyone else struggling with the fact you're gaining weight?  I know it comes with the territory I'm just having a hard time with it.   
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 I started doing prenatal yoga (actually run by my OB), but i've just been too sick and exhausted for it the past few weeks.  Hopefully going back soon.  I do need to get more active, its just hard to find time since I work full time already.  I think i need to get a fitbit tho and keep track because I doubt I'm anywhere near 10,000.
  • Options
    So, I'm only 10 weeks currently. At the beginning of my pregnancy I lost 5lbs and haven't gained any back yet. However, my pants are so tight around my waist already. I even had clothes that were bigger and they are also tight. It's my first pregnancy and everyone keeps telling me it's too soon... anyone else experience this?! 
  • Options
    I have never been one to weigh myself. Every time I got weighed at the Dr's with my son, I never looked haha. I got weighed at my appointment and haven't gained anything sense the last time I weighed myself witch was right after I had my son. 
  • Options
    I have suddenly found it very hard to stop the weight gain at all, even with limited food due to MS. I hit week 10 last week and it's night and day different than before. Anyone else have this issue?
  • Options
    I have suddenly found it very hard to stop the weight gain at all, even with limited food due to MS. I hit week 10 last week and it's night and day different than before. Anyone else have this issue?
    Me! I've had really bad MS and I'm gaining a ton. I asked the doc and she said it's normal.
  • Options
    I've actually lost 6lbs since I found out I was pregnant, and not due to nausea.  Not sure if it's partially because I'm trying to eat healthier, or just a general lack of appetite, but I'll take it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I weighted myself the day I found out I was pregnant and just did it again today at almost ten weeks. I've allegedly lost 3 lbs (but that's basically daily fluctuation.) Honestly I feel/look more out of shape and I think it's because I'm losing muscle mass. Working out just kills me right now. I still do it, but I'm so short of breath the whole time, and my body just feels so tired. 
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 I just got my Fitbit scale in August and there was a huge sticker on the scale itself that said "warning: do not use if pregnant". My OB said it has to do with the current it sends through your body to measure the BMI.
  • Options

Uh oh!  Well no more fitbit scale for me!  That's ok though, I think that thing is secretly kind of judgey and if it could talk it would sound like Siri and be like Haha you are getting fat!  Lay off the carbs!

• Options
    Y'all, I've gained maybe 3 pounds, and I'm not joking, I look like I've gained 15, aaaaall in my midsection. Does the bloat go away or does it just eventually become a baby bump? With my broken out face and chubby belly, I'm an ogre right now.
  • Options
    I've lost weight since my BFP but I'll take it. By the end of my pregnancy with DD I had gained 35#. 
    I blame the weight loss on the serious lack of wine in my life right now  ;)

• Options
    I've pretty much stayed the same give or take a few pounds of bloat at certain times of the day. I still have 25 pounds I never lost from my previous pregnancy (Ds is 12 months) so I'm trying to really watch my weight gain this time, I gained at least 50 last time. The only thing I can stomach right now is carbs though.