October 2016 Moms

Stupid Parenting Questions

1789101113»

Re: Stupid Parenting Questions

• @OrangeEv I know this isn't the advice you're looking for, but my mom swears by karo syrup in bottles to help with BMs.  You probably need to change the formula.  When my sister had to transition to formula she ended up with her LO on Gentlease.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• @OrangeEv - I would probably blame it on the formula. Are they still getting the vast majority of feedings from breast milk? Sometimes BM causes fewer poops because it digests more completely than formula. Does LO seem uncomfortable or unusually fussy? 

When DS was new I would take a rectal temp and noticed that it would cause him to poop. You might try that (basically rectal stim), or pick up a Windi (the nosefrida people make them) which is a similar idea. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @OrangeEv when I had this issue with my DD, the doc said to let her sit in a small bit of warm water in her bathtub to soften things up. She had a bit of poop stuck that wouldn't come out. 5 minutes in there and it shot out like a rocket lol.
    Me (35) & DH (35)
    Married: August 2009
    DD #1 born 6/12/14
    DD #2 born 10/31/16
    BFP 7/26/18 - EDD 4/6/19
  • OrangeEvOrangeEv member
    edited October 2016
    @bnsmith85 I'm afraid to use anything before my Dr reccomends it but I will ask tomorrow if we go in! 

@mkc3888 Yeah I'm thinking it may be the formula since he was having great BMs before. 

@NoraAurora Yes, mostly breastfeeding. I give him at the most 2ounces of formula oer day since last friday. He isn't uncomfortable I don't think, but I wish he'd just go already. 

@socks2819 I'll try that tonight, thanks!!
  • @OrangeEv - fx you don't have to go in, but if you do, will you please tell me what they say about the suppository?
  • mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited October 2016
    @OrangeEv I don't know what kind of formula you are using, but when my (older) LO got constipated, I bought a bottle of pre-mixed ready to feed Enfamil Reguline with probiotics to supplement with, and not only did it help him go poop, it made his stool look most similar to breast milk stool which I thought was really awesome. 

ETA: Photo (sorry if it's enormous)
  • @LauraPCOS Awwew. I am so glad for you!!!! I am still trying to get my LO to like the rock n play at night. 
  • thanks for the update and GOOD LUCK! FX for a blowout ;)@OrangeEv
  • @OrangeEv if it works as good as it did for me when I was pregnant, prune juice should do the trick! Good luck!

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Woohoo @OrangeEv! That's great news!
    Baby book advice FTW today :)
  • Joys if mommyhood, being so happy for poop! @OrangeEv <3