May 2017 Moms
Options

When are you announcing?

13»

Re: When are you announcing?

• Options
    Just called and told each of my parents. Feels so good now that they know. My mom was way more excited and congratulatory than I possibly expected. I'm so glad I can talk to get about everything In going through now. P.S. I'm 8 weeks going on 9 and haven't been to doctor or had US yet. 
  • Options
    we told parents just because I had to get my MIL to show me how to inject myself with my heparin. (she is a nurse practitioner) We are planning to wait until after first tri though because I have had 2 previous losses.
    2 angel babies Jan 2015 and Nov 2015
    BFP Sept 2016
    Fingers crossed for a sticky rainbow baby!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH is the only person that knows and it will stay that way until at least 12 weeks, but more likely until 14 (maybe a Thanksgiving announcement to the immediate family).  **TW** after losing my last at 7 weeks I could not possibly imagine having to go "un-tell" people about a pregnancy, looking back I am so glad we never shared that pregnancy news with anyone. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    There are so many great ideas on here. I just sent out cards to my parents/stepparents, and to one sister. I was planning to text my siblings, but I was on the phone with her while I was buying the "Halloween" cards, and she really wanted a Halloween card. She just moved out of state (OR to AZ) and I'm sure she is a little homesick. 

The cards say on the front: It's (almost) Halloween (I added the *(almost)*) Inside says: Get your scare on. tumbleweed and SO are going to be parents! Baby will be here May 2017 (I added all but the first sentance. It has our first names on the cards). 

I hope everyone elses reveals/announcements go well. In a couple of days I will text my other siblings. Two of them are not aunts yet (because one is a mom and the other is not related to the one who is a mom, but she is my sister. Half sibling math). 
  • Options
    We have our first appointment tomorrow, and as long as everything looks good we are going to do a Facebook announcement. My immediate family and best friend already know, but FB is the easiest way to announce to my extended family and co workers. Tomorrow is my dogs birthday so we are going to take a picture of her with a sign I got on Etsy that says "Mom & Dad are getting me a Human. Baby (SO's last name) May 2017." It will be sooo cute as long as I can get my crazy dog to sit still for the picture lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Well we told our families right away, a few people at church last Tuesday, and then my oldest was at a church thing (with parents there but I was grabbing their dinner) and prayed out loud for "Mommy who is having a baby". So now half of my world knows, and this being baby #3 + fibroids means I am already DEFINITELY showing. I had a random lady comment at church how awesome it was that I was in heels and pregnant :o! As far as the Facebook world, I was gonna announce around Halloween (thinking of going as a jar of Prego pasta sauce).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    Well we told our families right away, a few people at church last Tuesday, and then my oldest was at a church thing (with parents there but I was grabbing their dinner) and prayed out loud for "Mommy who is having a baby". So now half of my world knows, and this being baby #3 + fibroids means I am already DEFINITELY showing. I had a random lady comment at church how awesome it was that I was in heels and pregnant :o! As far as the Facebook world, I was gonna announce around Halloween (thinking of going as a jar of Prego pasta sauce).
    LOL, this is why I figure telling the kids has to happen at a planned time, and at a time that I'm willing to have the world know. So far our plan is to tell our parents very soon and siblings shortly thereafter, and then we might need to hit the pause button before the next set of reveals. I don't want my kids to be the last ones to know (and I don't want someone else to tell them!!!!) but once they know I better have made sure to tell everyone who I was planning on telling in person lest they go tell the world themselves. :)

• Options
    We have our first appointment tomorrow, and as long as everything looks good we are going to do a Facebook announcement. My immediate family and best friend already know, but FB is the easiest way to announce to my extended family and co workers. Tomorrow is my dogs birthday so we are going to take a picture of her with a sign I got on Etsy that says "Mom & Dad are getting me a Human. Baby (SO's last name) May 2017." It will be sooo cute as long as I can get my crazy dog to sit still for the picture lol.
    That sounds like a cute announcement! Just make sure that you have no old fashioned friends & family who want to be told in person or over the phone...or even over e-mail. Some people are offended to hear about big news on facebook if they consider themselves to be a close friend...like they think they should find out before your random high school acquaintances do. I'd say the same for friends who are not on FB.

Full disclosure -- I'm one of those old-fashioned people who wants to be told personally by closer friends/family of things like this, so feel free to dismiss this comment! I feel bad sticking my nose in your business...I just wanted to warn you of backlash because some people overly sensitive about this kind of thing. We screwed up last time by forgetting to tell an aunt (we thought her son told her) and she got really pissed when she found out much later than some other people. OTOH it worked out well for us because she was one of those over-sharers on FB and probably would have spilled the beans to the general public before we were ready to share.

Anyway, you should definitely do what you want to do, and I think it sounds like a really great FB announcement. I just wanted to warn you in case you know dorks like me. ;-)

• Options
    I told my parents nearly immediately. I see my mom almost every day and my dad multiple times a week. I also love a cold beer, so it is nearly impossible to hide from them. Also if something were to happen I would need my mom's support which would be easier for her to provide if she was in the loop from the beginning. Last time I told my mom within a few days, but did wait until after the first ultrasound to tell my dad. I didn't want to force her to keep that secret again. Also he could use some good news, as his mother's health was declining (she has since passed).
    I am not close with my in-laws and most topics seem to cause tension, so I would prefer holding off letting them in until later. I would like to wait until Thanksgiving when everyone is around as my brother and both brother-in-law's live out of state. I am guessing DH may want to tell his parent's sooner once we have the initial appointment. 
    I love reading everyone's exciting ways to announce! We definitely didn't do anything cute either time. Actually last time when we told my mom, DH and I were still so shaken by the news that I was expecting that she thought we were about to tell her that I had cancer. DH was as white as a ghost and silent and I was shaking and stumbling over my words with tear filled eyes. She was very relieved and excited that I was expecting and not dying! 
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    kat81 said:
    That sounds like a cute announcement! Just make sure that you have no old fashioned friends & family who want to be told in person or over the phone...or even over e-mail. Some people are offended to hear about big news on facebook if they consider themselves to be a close friend...like they think they should find out before your random high school acquaintances do. I'd say the same for friends who are not on FB.

Full disclosure -- I'm one of those old-fashioned people who wants to be told personally by closer friends/family of things like this, so feel free to dismiss this comment! I feel bad sticking my nose in your business...I just wanted to warn you of backlash because some people overly sensitive about this kind of thing. We screwed up last time by forgetting to tell an aunt (we thought her son told her) and she got really pissed when she found out much later than some other people. OTOH it worked out well for us because she was one of those over-sharers on FB and probably would have spilled the beans to the general public before we were ready to share.

Anyway, you should definitely do what you want to do, and I think it sounds like a really great FB announcement. I just wanted to warn you in case you know dorks like me. ;-)

LOL I totally get what you are saying. We made sure to tell all the really important people before we posted anything. My picture came out not so great because my dog can't sit still, but people are still really excited :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I told a few of our best friends and my parents. We will tell MIL after our next appointment if all looks well. Probably not Facebook until around Thanksgiving. 
    May Siggy Challenge: Labor Memes

Me:31 DH:32 Married 11/06/10
    DD: Born 8/23/13 (clomid+ovidrel+IUI)
    BFP 9/9/16 EDD 5/19/17

• Options
    kat81 said:

I agree with this. These announcements are kind of a one-shot deal and some people can kind of get offended by how they are told, or left out. I suppose I'm in the old-fashioned camp, too. I think it's just nice to get a phone call and hear about a big change in someone's life. No one ever wants to be the last to know.  ;)
  • Options
    Haha! Yeah...she is just very perceptive and I knew we wouldn't be able to hide it from her for long. She told 2 friends that day and we reminded her that it was secret and she kept it quiet for 3 weeks, lol.

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?...But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:26-27&33-34
  • Options
    We'll probably tell our families in November, around Thanksgiving. My extended family always sends out mass emails for these kinds of things, so we'll probably do that in December. With this being our second, I haven't decided if I want to do a big Facebook announcement this time around or not. There's some super cute ideas out there for kids announcing a sibling, but I also feel like they're kind of cliche. 
  • Options
    kat81 said:

LOL I totally get what you are saying. We made sure to tell all the really important people before we posted anything. My picture came out not so great because my dog can't sit still, but people are still really excited :)
    Great. :) I made my view on this an UO today. I'm happy to see your chill response because I was still feeling bad about how I was busting into your business. :) YAY that everyone is so excited! I can't wait to tell the world, but we have a slower roll-out. :)

• Options
    patientmummypatientmummy member
    edited October 2016
    Only told my mum at moment. Waiting to get to end of the first trimester before telling any other person but a few people around me are getting suspicious lolz. Especially those that know I always have a very smooth face. Now it's like the pregnancy is written all over my face with lots of acne/spots/ pimples. 
  • Options
    I just decided to announce on Facebook on Thanksgiving since I should be out of first trimester by then. Everyone that is important to us already knows except my husband's family because it has been hard to reach them these past few weeks. They live in southern Africa and sometimes it's hard to get through to them. We hope to tell them this weekend and we would definitely make sure they know before we make the Facebook announcement.