April 2017 Moms

***INTRO & EDD THREAD***

Re: ***INTRO & EDD THREAD***

• I have a question about EDD. If I am almost certain what day I conceived, but the due date from that day is different from what the doctor told me because baby measured ahead at ultrasound, do I go with what I think is correct or what they think? Do I switch my ticker to the new due date and my ticker-switch day of the week to reflect the new one? I know it's just preference but I like having the ticker on Thursdays now that I'm used to it but also because it counts down from my anniversary, which is when I think I conceived. So I'm curious: do you all just go with what the doctor says then? Thanks! 
  • @HGRich I guess it would depend how far off the two days are. If they are just a few days off, I would just stay with what I know. However, if its nearly a week off, I tend to think the Dr is probably right. Also, were you tracking ovulation by temping, checking CM, etc. Otherwise, there really is no real way to know WHEN you conceived...
    Me: 29 DH: 33
    Married: 5/30/2013
    DSS #1: 5/25/2007
    DSS #2: 1/22/2011
    DS #3: 7/8/2012
    BFP: 3/14/2016 ~ MC: 3/19/2016
    DS #4: 4/21/17
  • Loading the player...
  • @KirstinH88 it's only 3 days off. I was tracking ovulation religiously like a nut so I'm around 90% sure. Of course it's possible I was wrong. Maybe I'll go with a happy medium. 
  • @HGRich I'm keeping my LMP due date even though the US measured 2 days behind. It's not a huge difference to go change my signature. Plus babies don't always come on their due dates!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @HGRich, I definitely think it's up to you. My OB changed my due date 5 times during my pregnancy with DS. So I stuck to my original due date based on LMP and conception date. 
  • I kept my original date they gave me.. I measured a few days behind that date but they won't change your date by less than a week so I'll keep it at what my official due date according to my obgyn is.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • I love your comment about appreciating the miserable symptoms of pregnancy. I had an early MC last November (at 7 weeks), but I never really felt pregnant in that short time. Now this time, I'm feeling the tell-tale symptoms of sore boobs, bloating, moodiness, and fatigue and I just keep thinking to myself these are all good things because it's the only reassurance I have that everything is going ok until my first ultrasound on Sept 13. 

I wish you the best at your appt! 
  • I'm just found out I'm due 4/3. 
  • @kashibear Congrats on the "Irish twins" (I hope you don't find that term offensive). My first two are also 11 months apart - quite a load when they are little, but I love that they are now the best of friends (at 7 & 8). 
  • @Dannylion24 Thank you! I don't find it offensive.
    Pregnancy Tickerimage
  •  Hello everyone. This is baby number 2 for me. My son will be 2 in a month and the peanut is set to arrive April 7th. I am 36, so I'm over the hill for baby making :D, and DH is 35.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @Aarg welcome - & Happy birthday to Hazel! My # 3  Harper was born October 1, 2013!
  • @Aarg I'm also an Oct 2014 mom! I was very sad to see our group leave--they were fun! But I never joined a FB group or anything so I have no idea how everyone is doing :(

BabyFruit Ticker
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • @Aarg welcome - & Happy birthday to Hazel! My # 3  Harper was born October 1, 2013!
    Awe!!! Happy birthday to Harper!!!
  • @Aarg I'm also an Oct 2014 mom! I was very sad to see our group leave--they were fun! But I never joined a FB group or anything so I have no idea how everyone is doing :(
    Yeah it was really weird... lol I kept trying to be added to the Facebook group but no one ever added me. I was on that one weird website for a little while and then I stopped because it was too confusing and it was still all drama. 
    Hopefully everyone is doing well! 
    Glad you are here though!