October 2016 Moms

Sh!t I Still Need to Get Done

124»

Re: Sh!t I Still Need to Get Done

• I hope not!!! it's coming more tm now so at least DH will be home 
  • @mrszoess so now you have to make sure you post every hour on the hour or else we'll all start assuming the worse!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • @mrszoess seems kinda over thinking things but would it be worth it to book a hotel close to the hospital for the night!?
  • @serenaxo84 I'm only 15 min away that's not the worrisome part lol. the storm is gonna be here for days apparently. just days of grey and wind and water. I already feel like a lazy lump doing nothing so it'll be a lovely whiner weekend 

• 3 days ago I could of said everything at this point I've thrown away more stuff than I ever have in my life 3 bags went to alvation army yesterday and probably 3 or 4 more today 
  • This probably should go in the stupid parenting questions, but the laundry discussion was here. We have the Free and Clear, but what about softener? Do you still use that for the babies clothes?
  • This probably should go in the stupid parenting questions, but the laundry discussion was here. We have the Free and Clear, but what about softener? Do you still use that for the babies clothes?
    No... I don't anyway.  It dryer sheets, no softener.
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited September 2016

@nataliemaephotography I think you can, unless you have flame-retardant sleepwear. I mean, they make it specifically for babies, anyway. We don't use it. I use white vinegar in the final rinse. Plus, we're cloth diapering and fabric softeners reduce absorbability of cloth. Plus also, they're full of scents and chemicals--which if you're using free & clear detergent, you're trying to stay away from. Though we did used to use some All free & clear dryer sheets.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Thanks @bnsmith85 and @von1976! I was thinking the detergent would defeat the purpose of the Free and Clear, but then I still wanted soft clothes for the baby. I just remembered that I can buy those dryer hedgehogs that essentially beat your clothes while drying and are supposed to make them soft. I may try those. 
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited September 2016

@nataliemaephotography We have wool dryer balls and we like them! We found the hedgehog ones pulled at some of our clothes and left snags in them.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I am so thankful for this thread! It really got my @$$ in gear. We still have two more baby showers so a lot will have to wait until after those, but here is what is left:

install car seat
    make freezer meals
    pack our hospital bags
    write thank you notes
    buy whatever is still needed after showers

• LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited September 2016
    @strickland8052 same here! I've come back a few times to see what I've posted.  What I have left is:

- order parts for breast pump (but according to the BF thread, you should try to avoid pumping for 4-6 weeks to allow the boob to regulate itself so I have time there)

- make and deliver a house key to FIL so he can get the dog

- put money aside for the hospital (pay day needs to happen for this lol)

- meet paediatrician (hopefully tomorrow)

- meet with daycare lady (that's next week)

- pick up a few odds and ends after work baby shower on the 18th
    Pregnancy Ticker

• von1976 said:

@nataliemaephotography We have wool dryer balls and we like them! We found the hedgehog ones pulled at some of our clothes and left snags in them.
    +1 for this- we don't use softener or dryer sheets, but use the wool dryer balls and sometimes add essential oils to those. From personal experience, my brother has sensitive skin and gets rashes even with the "free and clear" dryer sheets, so I never even tried those with LO. And as pp mentioned, softeners and sheets aren't good for cloth diapers (they can create a film layer)
  • I've updated my list of to do's since I did a lot this weekend! 5 weeks (ish) to go and we finally got motivated to run the extra errands and get stuff accomplished. 

Install car seats. 
    Put baby clothes into dresser. 
    Hang stuff on nursery walls. 
    Wash anything from shower on 9/11. 
    Put hospital bags by the door!!! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 someone on fb (can't remember who or else I'd tag them) showed their baby clothes rolled and I have to say I went back and did that to all of mine and you get a lot more space!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Oh man, our to-do list is crazy.

- Buy bed for toddler (we have the crib converted to a toddler bed atm)
    - buy a dresser for baby
    - finish washing and putting away clothes, blankets etc
    - install carseat
    - put together rock and play
    - buy sheets for crib
    - get rocker for her room
    - get a pump and nipples for bottles
    - pack hospital bags and overnight bag for DS
    - book photographer
    - decorate nursery and toddlers room
    - preregistration at hospital
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • After the baby shower this weekend, i now have to put everything away. This would be much easier if Peanut were not sharing an already crowded room with us. 
    Also i have more clothes to wash and the reaminder of my previous list to finish. 
  • Despite having a house full of company this weekend. We got lots done today when they left. I feel like I don't have much left to really worry about anymore and can maybe even relax a little this week before DD starts school next week, and we have a new routine to sink into.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • LauraPCOS said:
    @ibabyloveb87 someone on fb (can't remember who or else I'd tag them) showed their baby clothes rolled and I have to say I went back and did that to all of mine and you get a lot more space!! 
    Yes, do this! You get more space, and it's easier to see what is actually in the drawers. The things I fold for DS1 are his shorts, pants, and button-up shirts, but I still keep any pajamas, soft pants, and onesies rolled.
  • kmvisioli said:
    LauraPCOS said:
    @ibabyloveb87 someone on fb (can't remember who or else I'd tag them) showed their baby clothes rolled and I have to say I went back and did that to all of mine and you get a lot more space!! 
    Yes, do this! You get more space, and it's easier to see what is actually in the drawers. The things I fold for DS1 are his shorts, pants, and button-up shirts, but I still keep any pajamas, soft pants, and onesies rolled.
    Ya I ended up folding the same you did cause rolling just didn't work, but the onesies, jammies, receiving blankets, wash cloths, towels oh ya definitely roll!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• OMG. I still don't have a birth plan in place. Is there an app for that? A template? Ha
  • @annabenanna Yes actually! Lol. If you google "birth plan template" you'll get a bunch of hits. That's how I made mine

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I'm with @sportiegrl1213 on this one - grabbing the oh shit handle bar and winging it.  It's probably not always the smartest decision to put blind trust in doctors but for this I am.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Part of me wants to do what @LauraPCOS and @sportiegrl1213 are doing----winging it! lol.

But my controlling side feels more in control with a birth plan in place.  I will google!  Thanks @krzyriver!
  • @annabenanna I was convinced for a long time that I wouldn't make one. I'm pretty go with the flow and know things will happen the way they happen and I have very little control over how it goes down.... but there are certain things I'm NOT flexible about, like formula and pacifiers, so I figured it was better to at least have a plan to pass around so there's no question about those things. Lol. You're welcome!

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @annabenanna I'm such a planner that it freaks me out that I don't have a plan, I like control. But unfortunately I have no control over what is about to go down! Ha! I know simple things, I want drugs and I want to be as comfy as possible and get my son out with very little complications. Just hoping for the best! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @annabenanna I'm such a planner that it freaks me out that I don't have a plan, I like control. But unfortunately I have no control over what is about to go down! Ha! I know simple things, I want drugs and I want to be as comfy as possible and get my son out with very little complications. Just hoping for the best! 

^ me to the T
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Same as @sportiegrl1213 for me. I feel like as a FTM, there are so many unknowns that for once, I don't know how to plan. So my trust is in my doctors, and my husband who will advocate for me if I can't.