October 2016 Moms

Sh!t I Still Need to Get Done

I was gonna start a more sentimental thread "Remember when....." and was gonna ask you ladies to post our "memories" from first tri and 2nd tri #superpowernose #shouldigetadoppler?  etc... but @mayisch had a great idea for a new thread. :)  Let's all talk about how much we've procrastinated and waited till NOW to get things done.  Aaaand go.  

Re: Sh!t I Still Need to Get Done

• Loading the player...
  • Oh I forgot to add, meal prep.  My pinterest board was so full of ideas.  I'm failing at this.  
  • I don't have any newborn diapers yet.  Maybe this guy will fit in the size 6 diapers his brother wears.
    Ha... We have one box of size one diapers and one Huggies NB diaper that the OB office gave me in a new mom bag. That's it! I'm really hoping that DH's work gives us some at the shower I know they're working on 
  • @annabenanna I'm just winging it w a pediatrician lol. 
  • Oh no, I completely forgot about the breast pump.  Gotta fill out the paperwork and email it to the store so they can file with the insurance and mail it to me.  This is a very useful thread!  Thanks for starting it @annabenanna (and for inspiring it @mayisch)
  • von1976von1976 member
    edited August 2016
    I need to pack the Go Bag... But literally, that's like a water bottle, a nursing bra, a pair of yoga pants, a pair of undies, a shirt, and an outfit for baby. So I feel like I can do that once labor starts.

Hubby thinks we should start interviewing sitters. I think he's insane. We aren't leaving this baby with anybody for probably three months. After that, I *might* leave the baby with one of our very, very good friends. Maybe.

We really wanted to replace the carpeting, but it turns out we're now broke. So that's going to wait.

Actually, I feel pretty damn on top of things!

Oh yeah, meal prep. I need to do that.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I have done so little. The nursery has a crib and a changing table, but is also filled with boxes of books and toys that need to be moved to the garage. I haven't washed any baby clothes, sheets, blankets, etc. 
    The only thing that I have purchased or compiled for my hospital bag is stool softener.  :)
    DD's infant car seat expired, so we have to wait until my baby shower to get the new car seat. 
    I also have SO much cleaning and nesting to do, but absolutely no energy to do any of it. 
  • @annabenanna From what I understand, you don't *have* to use Dreft. Any free & clear detergent will work fine. I like the Method Free & Clear--we switched a few months ago to try it out. But Tide, All, Arm & Hammer, etc. free & clear varieties are all fine from what I understand.

@ignoscemihi If you're delivering at a hospital, you'll probably go home with about 24 newborn diapers. I think most hospitals give you a 32 pack with the baby and they'll toss them after you leave if you don't take them with you. Baby will probably only use 6-8 diapers or so in a two-day stay. We have not bought any disposable diapers and don't plan to, I'm just taking what the hospital gives us (we have cloth diapers for when we get home).

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• I'm pretty sure I'm ass backward. We have everything done and babies probably will be in NICU for awhile before they come home. So, there's that. :disappointed:

No meal prep done though. We may wing that. 
  • samkinssamkins member
    edited August 2016
    Meal prep, not looking forward to that at all 
    Make lactation cookies dough
    Make padsicles 
    Finish baby laundry
    Hook up baby monitor 
    Figure.out disability paperwork etc.
    Visit pediatrician office 
    Pick up.prenatal DVD and watch it before class 

Have to wait until 36 weeks to order breast pump through insurance 
  • We are waiting to see what's left to buy after this weekend's shower. 

Strap in the carseat
    Pack a bag
    Pre register at hospital 
    Sterilize bottles 
    Slight room rearrangements to accomodate rocker. 
    I'm sure there is somethingI'm forgetting 
  • Ahhh yes, sterilize bottles and pacifiers! 
  • Which reminds me, I have to prep my cloth diapers...
  • Do all the baby laundry
    Wash the new clothes for the hospital bag
    Pack said hospital bag
    Install car seat and have it safety checked
    Find pediatrician
    Find daycare (super stressing about this one)
    Meal prep
    Finish crocheting Bean's blanket
    Fill out the rest of the pregnancy book
    Send thank you's for our shower

Way too much to get done in so little time!
  • I need to find a way to get us into a hospital tour.  If I went into labor tonight, I have no idea what door to tell the H to drop us off at...

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • My son is 15 months old, so we have most of our baby stuff still easily accessible. I still need to pick up some diapers for this baby, and I just found out yesterday that I'm in pre-term labor, so I'm definitely freaking out a little bit. I started 2 medications today to hopefully stop the labor. I'm thinking I should probably pick up a few premie outfits too! 
    My list as of right now consists of
    -organizing the bathroom adjoining my son's room (which has been a storage closet for the past year...oops...) 
    -organizing and cleaning the fridge and freezer
    -packing a hospital bag, including rounding up all the parts to my pump so that I can pump in the hospital if he ends up in the NICU. 

Of course, the fact that I'm supposed to "take it easy" doesn't help. I thought I had 2 more months!  :s
  • Glad to see others have procrastinated on the whole find daycare thing... I'm soo not looking forward to having to put her in daycare so I'm putting it off so bad and it's stressing me out. I just need to win the lottery and become a SAHM, problem solved :smile:
  • Finish putting all the clothes away
    Organize closet 
    Put together our changing table
    Organize diapers and wipes 
    Purchase car seat and extra bases
    Sterilize bottles
    Finish packing my bag
    Get diaper bag ready
    Call Pediatrician
    Make padsicles
    Get DH gift 

I think that's it... But god that's enough!! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @katlarissa oh my god!!! How nerve racking but exciting.... Wishing your labor to go smoothly and calmly!! 

Oh my god, I haven't done anything.! We had to go through everything in our storage closet to become organized and have more space before buying any baby stuff. We just finished last night, finally! Have lists made of ALLLL the baby& postpartum stuff to buy at Walmart. Next Friday is my shower but it's pretty small, still were trying to wait until after that. It helps that I'm kind of a minimalist so we are doing very few baby furniture purchases... shouldn't take us long to get it all in place. Fingers crossed!!!!! 
  • Our shower is also this weekend... cutting it close!

- After that we'll see what we get and have to utilize our completion coupon
    - Wash whatever else we get from the shower
    - Strap in car seat
    - DMV to get new license (I got married over a year ago and procrastinated getting my name changed. Then bought airline tickets under my married name for Thanksgiving, to light a fire under my ass to change it. I am a dum dum.)
    - Figure out short term disability paperwork  
    - Make padsicles
    - Make lactation cookie dough

I know I'm forgetting something. I feel mentally and physically prepared, but when it comes to paperwork shit like disability paperwork, breast pump and stuff...I'm lost. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • paint nursery
    wash/organize/put away baby clothes
    install car seat bases and get safety checked
    birthing class (not sure if we're doing this one)
    baby basics and breastfeeding class (again not sure if we're doing this either)
    FMLA paperwork
    disability paperwork (have ready to go)
    contact pediatricians
    daycare is a nighmare - try not to stress about year and a half wait-lists
    clear out cupboard/make space for baby bottles/sterilize
    buy/organize post-partum items
    buy items (baby monitor; glider; bedding for crib, PNP, co-sleeper; mattress covers; changing pad covers)
    meal prep or as another new mom told me 'don't be afraid to ask for help and organize a meal train'

I actually love having things in a list.  It does stress me out somewhat that the list is so long and I'm sure I'll have more to add.  But seeing it all in one place (instead of swirling around in my head) is strangely comforting.

on the bright side, shower thank you cards are done and we got the dresser put together for the nursery!
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • F47F47 member
    - Wash DS1's old baby clothes

- Move DS1's nursery furniture out of his room and put it in the nursery

- Buy new furniture for DS

- Convince him to sleep in a big boy bed against his wishes (and basically give up any hope of sleep I have remaining before baby)

- Buy PP stuff

- Decorate nursery

- Buy at least one pack of diapers

- Check expiration date on DS1's car seat and determine if I have to buy a new one

- Figure out short term disability paperwork (can't remember the process from last time, but I think it had to happen after delivery)

- Talk to HR about my maternity leave plans

- Find childcare for baby 

- Meal prep (as if)

Oh, good God. I have to stop or I'm going to have a panic attack. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I have so much left to do.  I need to:

* buy any postpartum supplies other than clothes (clothes are a lot more exciting than padsciles and breast cream so I have plenty of new leggings and tunics but nothing I need)
    * wash all of my baby clothes
    * set up nursery
    * open boxes containing car seat, stroller, pack n play, glider, baby bath, and basically anything I've bought or received as a gift
    * Send shower thank you cards
    * pack hospital bag
    * buy gown for hospital
    * name the baby
    * install carseat

need to make lots of progress in the next month

• I don't have any newborn diapers yet.  Maybe this guy will fit in the size 6 diapers his brother wears.
    We have a pack of size twos because our church has a table set up for our 2nd DD for gifting diapers and gift cards (they encouraged to take home as they came in).
    I called L&D and they still provide nb so I plan on not putting in the diaper bag yet. 
  • Bonus: purchase new overnight bag, pjs and light cotton robe for me and a special going home outfit for baby. 

PP supplies (mainly overnight pads)

Look at pump in store (leaning toward Spectra 2 and notify provider of desired pump

take DD1 on hospital tour

complete room renovations and put furniture and decor in place

DH needs to assemble crib

shower is 9/11 (EDD is 10/4) (friends insisted on stock the nursery shower)

deep clean house

• ignoscemihiignoscemihi member
    edited August 2016
    @von1976 we're delivering at the same hospital where I had my son and they only gave us 3 or 4 diapers with him.  We've got Amazon Prime, so we could probably order a box on the way to the hospital and have it waiting for us when we get home.
  • I haven't done much really so my list is loooooong but the one thing I'm really stressed about is child care. There are so few infant options in convenient locations and I don't love those. Plus rates have gone up so so much since DS. I may be in denial. 

• Stock up more diapers

set bassinet up in our room

pack daughters bag for stay at grandparents 

finish getting pp stuff for hospital bag

sterilize breast pump parts. 

Plus side is hubby and I did about a months worth of freezer meals a few weekends ago just before I got put on restricted activity. Whew!
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Oh man...

- put everything away in babys room
    - clean babys room and hang pictures
    - clean covers to car seat
    - pack hospital bag
    - get postpartum supplies
    - get nursing tanks and bras
    - go through all DD old stuff and wash what we can use
    - PNP is currently a ball pit for DD. Not sure what we're going to do there. I feel like I'm already stealing all of her stuff for the baby. She's going to have a hard time sharing everything. Especially her A&A blankets...she loves those things. Boooooooooo to not having millions of dollars to spend on whatever I want. 
    - figure out what we still need: diapers, diaper genie, any clothing, bottle supplies, etc. and then figure out how to get it with my zero millions of dollars. 
  • I was just talking about this with my mom! We only have 2 pay checks left before the baby comes and I'm trying to figure out when I can buy stuff.

Buy postpartum items
    Buy diapers
    Pack hospital bag
    Start on the nursery (seriously this won't get done until the last minute)
    Rewash the baby clothes since hubby washed them in our regular detergent
    Install car seat

I'm glad I'm not dealing with daycare! That sounds stressful. Also, no freezer meals here since hubby is off for 3 weeks and he's a chef.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Everything baby related is still falling by the wayside in order to focus on whether we can be in the new house in enough time to prepare for lo's arrival there. 

I did do a massive clean out of dd's room in case we will have to set up the baby's stuff in there (if we can't move in time). 

I am stressed out because all of our baby stuff is in the way back of our storage unit but on the other hand, I totally winged it the first time and it ended up being ok so I'm going to cross my fingers that I can manage to do it again this time. 

So so basically my list is *everything* 
  • - Put together crib
    - Wash bassinet and co-sleeper, as got used
    - Install car seat base
    - Meal prep
    - Make sure all my paperwork is in for mat leave
    - Sterilize bottles
    I feel like there is a lot more, but I feel on top of most things.