Infertility

IVF group: start date 1st week of August

1235»

Re: IVF group: start date 1st week of August

• Okay so I took a test... Negative. I'm rather disheartened. It's 6days past 5dt.. Could that be too early? Thoughts? 
  • @C-k it could definitely be too early! I haven't gone through the transfer process but I know people sometimes don't get any faint lines until after 7 days. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.
    8/16: IVF, antagonist protocol 
    21 eggs | 9 blasts | 7 normal through PGS
    10/16: FET  = BFN  :(
    12/16: Surprise natural BFP 
    Beta 1: 177 | Beta 2: 483 | Beta 3: 8,755 | Beta 4: 39,007. Baby born 9/5/2017

NOW on sibling journey. 
    2/20: FET = BFN :(
    4/20: Surprise COVID BFP

• Loading the player...
  • @omarismyhomeboy that is amazing news!!!!!!!
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• Congrats @omarismyhomeboy !!! Are you going to do a FET next month or wait awhile!?

Me 35, DH 37

Unexplained infertility and TTC since December 2014

February 2016 - May 2016: 3 IUI's -- all BFN

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

May 2018: FET #1 -- BFN

August 2018: FET #2 -- BFP!!! healthy baby girl born May 2019!!

July 2020: FET #3 -- embyro did not survive thaw

September 2020 - IVF #4 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 1 PGS normal

October 2020 - FET #4 -- BFN

January 2021 - IVF #5 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH)  -- 2 PGS normal

February 2021 - FET #5 - BFP!!! Due 11/6/2021

• edited August 2016
    @teamginger13 thanks!

Well I was planning on doing FET, but I went in for my baseline yesterday afternoon and I have 3 cysts...boo. Not the end of the world, just more delays. 

I was put back on BCP for 2 1/2 weeks and I go back in Sept 12th to see if the cysts are gone. If they are, I can start Estradiol and transfer in October. SO, fingers crossed....
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• Well I'm out this month, didn't even make it to beta. Boo
  • Anyone have any good news this month? 
  • @C-k why do you think you're out? You can bleed before beta, that doesn't necessarily mean you're not pregnant. Don't stop taking your medications yet! Call your doctor, they will probably advise you to take your progesterone and come in on beta day or sooner 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze

• @Colleen0516 Full AF reared her head. Definitley out! Happened two days before my beta was due... Plus I had tested the day before and it was neg. my doctor had told me that my period was due on Sunday, Monday so if I got to Tuesday (beta) and no period then it would be a good indication it had worked. onto next cycle now... Have you had your beta yet? 
  • @colleen0516- just catching up now, but wanted to say I am thinking of you and praying for the best! I just saw your post about doing the estrogen patches and your RE having a plan, but praying this is still a viable pregnancy for you! I really hope you don't have to do this again, but if you do, I will be there with you, cheering you on!

@c-k- so sorry to hear about the BFN :( It sounds like you are keeping your head up and ready to move on to the next cycle? Will it be a FET?!

AFM- took a test yesterday and it was BFN. Not unexpected with an IUI, but still disappointing nonetheless. It makes me wonder if I have an egg quality issue, fertilization issue, or implantation issue, since we had 2 great follies and a great DH sample. I really hope our next IVF round will work.. and hopefully solve whatever the underlying issue is! I just called my nurse, but pretty sure I will get AF, use OPKs and then start the estrogen patches after positive OPK. Likely starting stims then around end of Sept. Going into the first round, I felt so confident and relaxed that IVF would be our solve. Now, going into this after a cancellation, its going to take all the self control I have to not stress myself out to the max. I just don't know if I can take another disappointment like last month.. since not sure how many other options we have if this doesn't work. You ladies are so strong.. if you can go through what you have... then I can make it through this too!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    March-May 2016: 1 TI and 2 IUIs- BFN 
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Nov 2017- Hysterscopy to remove polyp
    Dec 2017- DE FET #1 on 12/8 on 2 perfect blasts- BFN and devastated
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Apr 2018- DE FET cancelled for lining issues :(
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Baby Born born early @ 33.5 weeks due to Pre-e
    Back for # 2!
  • As of now, I think I'm out. Based on my estrogen and Progesteone levels- she believes the beta will be negative or low. But she has a plan. She is starting me on estrogen patches and changing my protocol. So we will see! If the beta is above 50 then maybe it could be a viable pregnancy. If not, we start a new cycle. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• Really sorry to hear that @JamieH2000. I felt really confident and relaxed going into first round too so I totally hear you. I've only just started this journey and I couldn't have imagined the emotional toll it would take. Stay strong...it's so nice to have some other ladies to talk to on this adventure. Oh and yes I start a FET, I'm just learning all these acronyms.. lol! So I guess at least this round will have less drugs and be a slightly smoother process! Will you do a FET next month? 

@ColleenS629 crossing my fingers for you! Sounds like you dr has a good plan! 

• @c-k- Appreciate the support! When do you get to do your FET? I have to do a  full IVF cycle since we didn't get to ER this month. But still holding out hope we can find a protocol that will work.

@colleen0516- I saw your beta results on the other board and I could NOT be more excited for you!!!! Praying for you and a rising beta. You have been so supportive and you definitely deserve a happy ending. Your journey and perseverance gives us all hope and strength!

History in Spoiler

Age: 32 (same with DH). Together since 2006, Married June 2013 and TTC since August 2015
    Diagnosis: Mild Endo, DOR (AMH of 1.5), Poor Quality Eggs/embryos, Displaced Window of Implantation (ERA Post Receptive)
    June 2016- Laproscopy- found/removed mild endo and confirmed only 1 normal healthy ovary.
    August 2016- IVF #1 with Antagonist Protocol- Cancelled (2 lead follies), converted to IUI- BFN
    Oct-Nov 2016- IVF #2 with Estrogen Priming Micro Lupron Protocol, 2 eggs retrieved, day 3 transfer of 1- BFN
    January 2017- New RE, IVF#3 with Estrogen Priming Antagonist Protocol, 12 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 day 5 early blasts transferred (none to freeze :(), BFN
    May 2017- Sept 2017- Starting Donor Egg process! Waiting for donor to be available... and then she is pregnant at baseline :(
    Oct 2017- Donor #2: 25R, 22M,18F, 12 blasts frozen! Fresh transfer cancelled due to thin lining with fluid :(
    Jan-Mar 2018- ERA #1- Post receptive by 24 hours, ERA #2 RECEPTIVE with 4 days of Progesterone
    Jun 2018- DE FET #2 of two 1AA blasts- first BFP ever! Beta 10dp5dt- 378, Beta 14dp5dt- 2840, Beta 16dp5dt- 4035, beta 18dp5dt- 10916. Due on 2/20 with one baby after a vanishing twin
    Back for # 2!
  • @colleen0516 congrats!!! I saw that your beta was 51! Fingers crossed that it keeps going up! Do you go back tomorrow for another beta?

Me 35, DH 37

August 2016: IVF #1 (Lupron, Gonal F and Menopur) -- 12 retrieved, 9 fertilized, 3 frozen and 1 x day 5 hatching blast transferred -- BFN. Sent remaining 3 embryos for PGS testing -- 2 didn't survive thaw, 1 was abnormal.

February 2017: IVF #2 (Gonal F, Menopur, and Ganirelix) -- 12 retrieved, 6 fertilized, 3 sent for PGS testing and all were abnormal

March 2018: IVF #3 (Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix and HGH) -- 14 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 4 sent for PGS testing, and 3 were PGS normal

• Yes!! So I thought I was out- and then it came back at 51. It's an improvement from last month! I'm excited, but so nervous still! My second beta is on Thursday!!! 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• I know, we are all excited for @Colleen0516 :) She was my retrieval day buddy and now look at her! Here I am sittin' here just making ovarian cysts, haha. 
    ***TW***
    DH & I both 34.

NOW on sibling journey. 

• @omarismyhomeboy it's all those eggs you created!!! Cysts are common after a retrival, especially when you have all star numbers like you :smile: don't be discouraged!! You're going to transfer those babies soon enough and get your BFP!! Having so many frozen puts you in such a GREAT postion!!
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @colleen0516 I can't wait to here your results on Thursday. It sucks you have to wait that long!!

I'm over here all like is 6dp5dt too early to POAS!? I think I am going to try to wait until Thursday. My beta is Friday morning and I just want to have a heads up before getting a heart crushing phone call at work on Friday afternoon.

Me 35, DH 37

• @teamginger13 People test at 6pd5pt but it may not show yet. So if you wanna test you can! It's definately possible to get a positive on 6dp5dt. But just be prepared to test again on Thursday. I would suggest using your first morning urine- it generally is stronger, maybe test tomm morning. 
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @Colleen0516 Wow that's such exciting news! Congrats!!! Keep up that positivity!!!! Thursday can't come soon enough hey! 

@JamieH2000 Not exactly sure when I do the FET... I'm four days into my normal cycle so I go in for scans on day 9 and then they decide I think. Good luck for the next IVF cycle, Have you started already? 
  • @Colleen0516 I'm so excited for your good news! I am so nervous about my first beta on Friday, I am so glad you got good news!
    Me- blocked Fallopian Tube, and Endometriosis (31) & DH 0% morphology (44)
    June 2013- Married in Jamaica and started TTC 
    August 2014- (temp everyday and opk and clomid used 5 cycles)
    September 2015- Hysterscopy and Laproscopy, fixed one tube, and couldn't fix one.  Removed polyp. 
    October 2015-  1st IUI - BFN
    December 2015 - 2nd IUI  - BFN
    June 2016 - IVF Consultation
    July 2016 - Start IVF Process
  • @RacheleLynn12 fingers crossed for you on Friday! I know how long this wait has been!

@Colleen0516 thinking of you SO HARD right now--I hope tomorrow is a better day. 
  • @RacheleLynn12- Really hoping you get great news on Friday!! Will be thinking of you!

@C-k- Keep us posted on your FET! Hope you don't have to wait too much longer! I don't get to start my next cycle for at least 4 weeks. So sick of waiting and this constant test in patience :) It will just make us better moms right?!

@Cato99- Congrats on the great beta!! couldn't get better news than that! FX for a high second beta!!

@Colleen0516_ Thinking of you everyday and praying for a positive outcome. I know there isn't anything I can do.. but I really wish there was. Lots of internet hugs to you!!

History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • @colleen0516 thinking of you this morning! Hope you get a great beta today!

My beta is tomorrow morning and I am pretty sure it is going to be negative. I have no rational reason for thinking that so I guess it's just a defense mechanism. I almost POAS this morning since I am now 8dp5dt but I chickened out at the last min.

Me 35, DH 37

• @teamginger13- crossing my fingers for you for tomorrow!! I really hope its a BFP! will you POAS tonight so you are prepared for tomorrow? You have really good self control to have waited this long!
    History in Spoiler

Back for # 2!
  • Thank you everyone!
    @teamginger13 good luck tomm! 
    @RacheleLynn12 good luck too!!! Can't wait to hear from you both
    Me 30 || DH 36

-3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    **Changed doctor**

• @cato99 we transfered on the same day!  So I love seeing that you had such a good beta!!

@teamginger13 - how'd it go?

@Colleen0516 - I hope you have relief in your second beta, and when is your sonogram scheduled?

Today Beta came back at 285, so I am super happy!  :smiley:
    September 2015- Hysterscopy and Laproscopy, fixed one tube, and couldn't fix one.  Removed polyp. 
  • @rachelelynn12 AHHH I am so excited for you!! Congrats! That is an awesome beta.

I POAS last night and it was whiter than white so I am trying to keep it together today and wait for the doctor to call with my beta results.

Me 35, DH 37

• @teamginger13 - I couldn't bring myself to POAS - I am glad I didn't. I was however very nervous.  I am praying for a good result for you though!  
  • update: Just got the call and my beta is 1.0 which is almost comical. They want me to continue the PIO and come back Tuesday for another beta which seems ridiculous to me.

Me 35, DH 37