May 2017 Moms

First Purchases!

Show me the things you are already buying! What's on your wish list? Not must haves, I want to see guilty pleasures and fun stuff!

Hubby loves to work out. He picked this up in a specialty store in downtown Wilmington this weekend! So cute! 

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: First Purchases!

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah. With my history of loss I don't think buying anything is smart but it makes me smile when I look at it. Maybe being such a pessimist isn't good either. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I saved most things from our first child. If it's a girl, she'll have lots of hand me downs from DD. :) If it's a boy, I'll need new clothes, new car seat, and probably a new carrier because there are so many new styles! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • I saved everything from DD so hopefully we won't need much. I do want to get a new infant car seat because I was not a big fan of the one we had for DD. I haven't allowed myself to think too much about stuff we want/need because it's still so early. But I did buy myself a BeBand at Target this past weekend because they had a Cartwheel coupon for 25% off. I expect the bloat to force me to use it in the next month or so.
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • Nothing just yet! Waiting until we find out the sex of the baby!! :smile:

#1 DD Aug 2014 @39weeks via CS

#2 Due May 2,2017 hopeful VBAC

• @Sgreen19 I would LOVE to do an HP themed nursery! DH thinks I'm such a geek lol
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • @mia1116  We are very big geeks here our dd is name after supergirls,  our boy name is from supernatural and superman and our girl name is from harry potter and x-men. 

I'm also looking to find sorcery tula in toddler size for dd since I have my standard tula and I want a hp theme wrap! 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Klee_NC said:
    Yeah. With my history of loss I don't think buying anything is smart but it makes me smile when I look at it. Maybe being such a pessimist isn't good either. 
    I think it's guarded and I think that's fine. I haven't had a loss but I know many who have. And one who had already bought a crib said it was so hard to come back from her procedures and see that.  I'm not buying anything for quite awhile. Most likely well into second trimester. 
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Nothing yet and don't plan to until after genetic testing results are back. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @SaVi925 @mia1116 @Sgreen19
    Sounda like we might be sharing lots of HP nursery ideas :) I would love one, too!
  • I did buy DS a Soon to Be Big Brother shirt, so I guess that counts. I have everything from DS, so if it's another boy I'm pretty set. Will just buy few new things. If it's a girl, I'll be going shopping crazy!
  • @SaVi925 @Sgreen19 @CherylE418 DS was born in July and I was so hoping it would be on the 31st so he could share Harry Potter's birthday. He wasn't :/
  • A big sister shirt would be a great idea! I completely forgot about something like that. DD would LOVE it. She's been hoping for a sibling for a really long time and giving her a shirt would be a great way to surprise her, I think! I'll keep that mind for a few months from now! :smiley: I found a couple cute ones on the Carters website!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • No purchases yet for me until we are sure this is a sticky one past the 1st tri. No history of losses, but I'm trying to avoid the disappointment. This is #2 for us and I tried to do a lot of unisex clothing for our first (a boy), so hoping we won't need TOO much. Although, for sure will get a new infant seat and nursery decor! I'm a home decor crazy person and can't wait to decorate another baby room! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Most of the stuff we have is so girly but if it's just to use at home (other than clothes), we will re-use it whether we have another girl or a boy. I figure a baby boy won't care if he uses a pink butterfly swing or pink and purple burp cloths.
    M: 39 H: 40
    DD: 12/31/13
    LO#2 due 5/6/17
  • TresGatos said:
    Most of the stuff we have is so girly but if it's just to use at home (other than clothes), we will re-use it whether we have another girl or a boy. I figure a baby boy won't care if he uses a pink butterfly swing or pink and purple burp cloths.
    I love you already. Lol. Sorry if that's creepy but babies definitely don't care!!
    TTC1: May 2015
    Primary IF May 2016; Failed HSG; Scheduled Lap Sept. 2016
    BFP: August 22, 2016/EDD: April 29, 2017
    DD: May 1, 2017
    TTC2: June 2019
    CP September 2019
    Lap and repeat HSG scheduled December 2019
    BFP: November 24, 2019/EDD: August 2, 2020
  • Old navy had some deals on maternity clothes so I got a few shirts :)
  • @mia1116 dd was born July 25th so close lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep! I bought maternity clothes. Just a few pants and dresses to hold me over on days with lots of bloat for now!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • This is my 5th pregnancy (2 previous losses). I'm 5w1d and bought maternity wear today. My baby bloat is pretty serious this time around. Big brothers got some matching shirts that say "best bro" on them. Was hoping to get big bro shirts but that's all I could find in a pinch. Haven't bought anything for baby yet but crib and carseat are on the top of the list. And a minivan :wink:
  • **lurking from april***

@Klee_NC where did you get that, I love it!! 

I bought a bunch of baby stuff before we had our loss and I actually found it comforting afterwards. I'm not sure why but I would just go sit in the room we were going to set up as a nursery and it would make me hopefully for a future baby. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • New maternity clothes on sale. Waiting until 2nd tri for a new infant bucket seat. Maybe a new Ergo or Tula - our first got 2.5 solid years of wear and it shows. Likely diapers and wipes when I see a sale. We have so much neutral and girl clothing from our first so won't likely need much overall. But I am such a sucker for baby things...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Nothing for baby yet. Just things to help me survive the first trimester symptom madness. 
  • I bought a David Bowie onesie when we were still trying to conceive, and the day after I got my BFP I was at Walmart and saw the cutest little outfit with a bunny on it. So I got that lol.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Yesterday, I bought a pack of gender neutral bodysuits since we are TEAM GREEN this time around. I had a dilemma about short/long sleeve, because we live in the south and it's basically summer from April to October, but I also know little babies get cold easily. I guess I'll try to have some of both. 
  • We found a bassinet (scored for free in great condition) on a garage sale site. So not a purchase but not on our "need" list as we were just going to get a crib right off the back.  It's so simple and cute. It's the first item we've gotten for baby :)
  • Nothing yet.  We are still in the cautiously optimistic stage.  I am so ready to be just excited!
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• Waiting to purchase until after first tri, but j have a few items on my list that I decided we "need", like a new single stroller, and some attachments to make my current stroller carry 3 kiddos.  My twins will me 2.5 in May 17' so I am still on the fence if I want this fancy triple stroller that I've been seeing.  

I am allowing myself only $1500 to upgrade some things, and buy singleton specific items. 

~~~~~~~~~Siggy Warning~~~~~~~~

Me~28 DH~27 

6-12-2010  Miscarriage. 
    3-16-2012 D&C/Miscarriage.
     Blocked Left Tube. 
    Diminished Ovarian Reserve   
    MFI - Sperm Morphology 2%.  
    MTHFR 
     Abnormal Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    April 2013 ~  1st IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    May 2013  ~ 2nd IUI attempt -100 mg Clomid- Canceled
    June 2013 ~ 3rd IUI attempt - 100 mg Clomid+ Trigger+ Progesterone~BFN
     IVF/ICSI #1 May 2014 ~ Freeze All ~ Due to OHSS
     5/1/2014 ~ 22 retrieved, 12 fertilized, 3 frozen
    5/28/2014 ~ FET#1 ~ Transferred 2 Hatching Blasts
      6/1/2014~ **BFP**
    6/9/2014 Beta #1 ~ 1022
    6/12/2014 Beta #2 ~ 3099
    6/16/2014 Beta #3 ~ >5000
    6/19/2014 First U/S ~ TWINS!!!  
    1/7/2015 Twins born @ 34 weeks

image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I bought some cloth diapers and a toy before I had a loss. I haven't bought anything this pregnancy yet for the baby, but cloth diapers will be what I probably start with again. 
  • I bought a tape measure to measure my belly.   
    ***TW***
    Me: 36  DH:35
    Married: 7/10/2016
    TTC#1 - May 2016
    BFP 9/6/2016 - Missed MC 10/20/2016  
    BFP 5/5/2017  - CP
    IVF #1 - June 2017  - Transferred 1 fresh 4 AA embryo.  7/9 Beta #1 - 161 
    <3 Adam <3 Born on 3/18/18

• I haven't made any purchases yet since its so early but I have been obsessing over colored fun cribs. I found a pink and a blue one. I am dying to find out the sex of the baby already so I can start planning the nursery. With my first we did a soft gray/white/mint green with baby animals (the ones all over pinterest) on the walls. Super cute but now that he is 1, I feel like his room looks too babyish.  Now with this baby, I want a fun bright nursery that will grow with them.
  • @lrwardrop we realized the same thing! We have moved my daughter, who turned one in july, into the bigger room with the bigger closet and will redo the nursery again for this one. We did her room differently so that it would look more like a toddler than a baby bc I also felt like she had outgrown the way we originally had it. Hopefully I can be mindful of that in the new nursery and not have to redo in a year again. I love those cribs too!

I bought a jenny lind changing table a few months ago bc I just loved it but we weren't even pregnant. Thankfully my husband doesn't think I'm crazy when I do stuff like that, he actually wanted to buy it as well.

After we see a heartbeat this time, I feel like I might go wild with wanting to buy things lol I love EVERYTHING baby

• I bought DD a shirt that says Greatest big sister from Target. Our family is coming over this weekend for my birthday so I'm going to put DD in the shirt and see who notices what it says first!! Can't wait. Other than that I plan to buy nothing as I already have maternity clothes and fingers crossed for another girl lol. I have tons of clothes for a girl. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker