September 2016 Moms

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Congrats @camichael84 , @TheTamedShrew @Smallangel and @Ampip2270 !!! I hope to see you all more on FB once things settle down but will continue to try and check in here for updates when I can. I just love seeing all of your LO's and reading the birth stories! <3
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Dat cheese tho

@PoodleDoodleOoo I thought baby had dropped awhile ago but I believe she actually did drop about a week ago and I really noticed a difference. I felt a lot less heartburn, I could breathe better, my belly's really low, and, TMI, I feel like I need to poo most of the day because her head is jammed in there. I went to L&D and freaked out a bit initially when she couldn't find the heartbeat but she ended up finding it about an inch above my pubic line and said that baby's just really, really low. They typically find it next to my belly button. Also, when I get a contraction, I feel a lot of pelvic pressure when my ute pushes baby down, that's also new.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • @RG1 that's an awesome time lapse video! Now you're making me wish I had actually consistently taken pictures myself throughout this pregnancy. 
  • That's awesome @RG1! You did such a good job! 
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Dinner tonight = cheese! My already backed up self will be angry with you tomorrow. 
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • @RG1 That's great! I wish I would have done a time lapse. Trying to get my husband to do anything (even snap a picture for three seconds) is like pulling teeth, sadly.
  • Congrats to @homebird!!! Miles is adorable! <3
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Congrats, @homebird! What a sweet fellow. I have a Miles too.
  • Question for the dog peeps: Would your dog barking/growing at the night nanny concern you?

We have two nannys working with us. One my dog LOVES and wags her tail, licks, follows around, etc. The woman is very sweet and I too get a good vibe from her.

The other lady, however, is greeted by non-stop barking and growing from my labradoodle who I have never seen act like this. DH and I are trying to correct her behavior but every time the nanny has come (night 3 now) my dog acts the same. I find it odd and am wondering what she's picking up.

Maybe I'm giving her too much credit and she's just being a bad dog? It's odd though because she is very well trained (she works with me) so for her to growl is bewildering. The nanny came very highly recommended by people we know and I think she takes good care of Finley (I go in to the nursery every 3 hours to pump so I am able to keep an eye on things) so idk.... Any input? 
  • Question for the dog peeps: Would your dog barking/growing at the night nanny concern you?

We have two nannys working with us. One my dog LOVES and wags her tail, licks, follows around, etc. The woman is very sweet and I too get a good vibe from her.

The other lady, however, is greeted by non-stop barking and growing from my labradoodle who I have never seen act like this. DH and I are trying to correct her behavior but every time the nanny has come (night 3 now) my dog acts the same. I find it odd and am wondering what she's picking up.

Maybe I'm giving her too much credit and she's just being a bad dog? It's odd though because she is very well trained (she works with me) so for her to growl is bewildering. The nanny came very highly recommended by people we know and I think she takes good care of Finley (I go in to the nursery every 3 hours to pump so I am able to keep an eye on things) so idk.... Any input? 
    Maybe I'm weird, but I thoroughly believe that dogs have an excellent judge of character. It could be that he's picking up a scent from her that he just doesn't like, or it could be something about her as a person, I don't know, but it would definitely make me pay closer attention. I'm not saying she's a serial killer or anything, but it would just be something I would keep aware of. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @RG1 love it!! Quick call out - I think your full name is on your Twitter handle there. I know you changed your profile pic for privacy concerns so I wanted to point it out for you since you only have 30 days to edit a post. If it was intentional I promise not to stalk you ;)

@mom2adoodle that is tough, especially since she is so well trained!! Do you have nanny cams in place? As @yellowrose314 said, it would make me want to pay closer attention as well but it doesn't have to mean something is actually wrong. A camera might give you peace of mind though.
  • I had a busy weekend and have been absent from randoms. I have like 500 to catch up on. Yeah, that's not happening. 

@PoodleDoodleOoo can you have that nanny give your pup some small treats whenever she comes?
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Congrats @homebird Miles looks so sweet. 

Good luck @pilotswifey sorry to hear you're back at L&D to stop contractions. Yikes! Cook little one cook!
  • @RG1 I love your dreams about the group hahaha.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mom2adoodle could it possibly be that the nanny is coming at night and that it's an unusual time for a visitor to come to the house? There's only been a few times my dog has acted that way around visitors to the house and usually it's due to some out of the ordinary circumstance (husband isn't home, it's late, she's meeting someone while on her leash, etc)
  • Thscary said:
    @mom2adoodle could it possibly be that the nanny is coming at night and that it's an unusual time for a visitor to come to the house? There's only been a few times my dog has acted that way around visitors to the house and usually it's due to some out of the ordinary circumstance (husband isn't home, it's late, she's meeting someone while on her leash, etc)
    Thinking the same.. or perhaps she has a particular smell to her? a perfume? a dog at home? something really benign that is setting the pup at high alert?  Has she just not interacted with doggy at all?  Roxy acts strangely around humans that obviously don't like her.. we have 1 neighbor that complains about her and he's the only persons he barks at.  He doesn't seem like a bad guy, just not a dog person so of course my dog won't leave him alone.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mom2adoodle if my dog was acting like that I would be inclined to keep a watchful eye over this nanny.  How does she act with the dog?  If she came that highly recommended from others I would probably just keep an eye on everything, but I wouldn't fire her.  I hope it's nothing.
    DD 5/23/11 - DS 11/20/12 - BFP 1/10/16; EDD 9/22/16
    BabyFetus Ticker

valentines day sexy justin bieber heart 2011
  • @mom2adoodle - sometimes dogs can just be weird about certain people. My childhood dog always barked and growled at my uncle when he say him - which was 4-5 times a week for his whole life. My uncle is a decent person, good with animals, and never harmed the dog. It was weird that the dog disliked my uncle so much and it was completely unfounded. 

• @seitzy3 It sounds like you are still able to remain active soon after having a baby! That is so great to hear! For some reason, I am envisioning that I will be breastfeeding, diaper changing, sleep deprived robot for the first month! I am so glad you're able to be out and about  :D
  • @yellowrose314 My daughter was super colicky the first 2 months of her life...when we started seeing blood in her poopy diapers, my doctor attributed it to MSPI. I cut out dairy and soy and, after a few weeks, the colic stopped. I tried dairy a couple times after and she would be crying all night so I knew it was the culprit...the chances of the 2nd baby having this is pretty high, so I cut it out 2 weeks before the c section so baby won't be born with dairy in its system or mine and we can hopefully skip the colic this time around...my daughter grew out of her insensitivity around 7.5 months, and now can eat all the dairy luckily....

• tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited August 2016
    I hate stupid false labor. If I'm not having a baby in the next couple days, could my uterus stop it please? kthxbai. Been having contractions since Saturday, constantly, but all 10-20 minutes apart, sometimes 2-3 minutes apart. They range in intensity but do. not. go. away. Constantly three to 10+ in an hour and they woke me up twice last night. I'd prefer not be playing mind games but I know I'm not the only one. It's not even about wanting to give birth, I'm just annoyed at all the constant pain with no progression. I hope they at least dilate me a little bit!
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • geminigirl16geminigirl16 member
    edited August 2016
    @LakeR2014 Oh my! You do have a lot going on. I hope that it's nothing serious for your brother - 36 is so young! Sending positive thoughts your way :)

I got my car seat installed yesterday in one of our cars and it is such a weird feeling. I drive a mom-mobile! We own two smaller cars and have definitely lost some of the passenger space due to car seat. I dread putting the next one in our 2 door car - I guess this why people change to SUV's when they have kids.

i also lost electricity which is putting a monkey wrench in my plans for today   :s
  • @mom2adoodle - YES! I would be totally freaked out if Fred only growled at one specific person. He's not a growler and is incredibly welcoming/loving to pretty much every person, so if he were singling out one person, I'd be on alert. It is possible that the new nanny just doesn't jive well with your girl or she has a weird smell or something, and that she is still a great nanny to Fin, but I know your pup is trained super well and is super connected to you (like my Fred is to me), so I'd be on high alert for anything that doesn't feel right. I wouldn't necessarily fire the nanny, just be more cautious and aware, I suppose!

@LakeR2014 - Sorry to hear about your family's health troubles! I hope everyone requires quickly and has short hospital visits! Positive JuJu from me is being sent your way!!

@AlwaysAuntNeverMom - I'm sorry to hear about all the false labor troubles, I wish I had more comforting things to say, so I'll just say hang in there, and I'm sorry you're going through that!!
  • @mom2adoodle. Is it possible that she's not a dog person so your dog is growling at her? Im not a dog person and very often dogs can sense that and respond negatively. Ask her if she has any weird pets at home or other animals at other jobs. Maybe she smells odd to your dog which is why the growling is happening. 

I second talking to the people who recommended her. See if their pets had reactions to her or maybe try meeting with her in the daytime at a park or something and see how your dog reacts to her in a completely different setting