September 2016 Moms

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• @marikkita12 It doesn't seem like the nanny is a dog person so that might be it... I should definitely ask her about other pets she encounters. Maybe she has a cat? haha. But really, I do agree that they pick up if someone doesn't like them. I just didn't like that she growls more when the nanny is holding Finley! She's seen many hold the baby and has never acted like that :/ 

@PoodleDoodleOoo Yes! It's because the behavior is so out of character for her that it's throwing me for a loop. My in laws were visiting and even they were taken back at how she reacted when the nanny walked in. 

@marajay6 That's so interesting about your dog and uncle. What did the uncle do?

@thscary @annaS930 The other nanny comes at night as well and my dog loves her. The nanny my dog growls at came for an interview during the day the first time and my dog still acted the same! The worst part is I go in to pump in the night and my dog follows me. Well, she saw the nanny holding Finley and she growled! What the.....

@toimadness1 Love that meme! Haha yes yes and yes! 

@Shiva14 We have the nest cam that I should definitely install in the nursery. I'm putting it on DH's list today. The nanny was under the impression we had a monitor (we have gadgets everywhere) so I'm assuming she was on her best behavior because of that. The nursery is also very close to our room so we can hear a lot of what's going on. Idk..I'm still weirded out. I know I shouldn't put so much stock in my dog's behavior but this dog is literally a family member (hence my screen name) so I do trust her. I just need her to talk to me and tell me! lol. 

@yelllowrose314 You're right. I'm definitely paying close attention. I too agree that dogs pick up vibes from people. My dog is protective but not that protective of us so it's just interesting to see her growl/react so strongly to someone. And each day it doesn't get better! 
  • Loading the player...
  • After the tour of L&D I did last night I'm debating on crafting my own hospital gown from an old night gown that I don't care about and can throw away. The hospital gowns are gigantic and I know I would be more comfortable in something less tent like. 
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• LakeR2014 said:
    My random today - I am two weeks from my due date and am thinking my family needs to stop with the hospitals.  My dad is currently in the hospital due to a fall because of his chemo/amyloidosis, I got a call at 2AM this morning from SIL saying she took my brother to hospital because of heart palpitations (he's 36!!!) and he's been admitted for further testing.   I'm really hoping now that baby goes to term because if there's three of us in three different hospitals at once, I think my mom might lose her mind!!!

Needless to say any good juju you could spare to send this way would be appreciated.   Right now baby is cooperating and I'm ever so thankful! :)
    FWIW - my husband has been dealing with this for months now (he's 34!). It's certainly frustrating and a bit scary...but hopefully it turns out to be nothing! 
  • @AnnaS930 @PSUBecky23 I'm so sick of working I could die. Just, die. I just need to get enough done to have a baby and then maybe I will relax and actually, ya know, have a baby.
  • AmMcc12 said:
    After the tour of L&D I did last night I'm debating on crafting my own hospital gown from an old night gown that I don't care about and can throw away. The hospital gowns are gigantic and I know I would be more comfortable in something less tent like. 
    I thought I would be uncomfortable too! I have always been really modest and I was really worried. Once I was there and everything started happening I didn't even notice! It actually got really hot (even though it is really light) and I ended up half taking it off. 

My random:
    Grr soo fustrated with underwear right now. I bought some new undies for postpartum that were full butt and comfy but then I ended up with an unplanned c/s so those new low cut ones didn't work with my incision. Had DH buy me some high waisted ones one size up but one size was not enough and they keep digging into me and it hurts. So today at 5 day pp DH, LO and I drove to target so I could get out and run in and get some new ones! I have spent way to much money on cheap underwear recently! Crossing my fingers that these will work better!!!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• RG1RG1 member
    @kosmo86 Agh I feel the underwear woes! I bought 10 pairs of underwear that fit my butt but come up SO high. Like almost to where my belly button would be if I didn't have a bump. It's so uncomfortable since I wear lower panel maternity pants, the underwear come up higher! I have to fold the underwear down. I refuse to buy more since I know they'll get ruined PP anyways and at that point I'll just be around the house in comfies. 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Yay for keeping her teeth @seitzy3 ! I felt my recovery with my 3rd was the easiest so far (mostly from not having a choice but to continue our regular lives) so i'm
    hoping that trend continues this time around. I'm sad for you that Cam isn't adjusting well to baby Ava. Hopefully that'll change once daddy is home? How much longer is he gone?

@LakeR2014 thinking of your family! 
    Wife to A; Mama to C (2009), N (2011), H (2014) & baby F due 09/16/16
  • kosmo86 said:
    AmMcc12 said:
    After the tour of L&D I did last night I'm debating on crafting my own hospital gown from an old night gown that I don't care about and can throw away. The hospital gowns are gigantic and I know I would be more comfortable in something less tent like. 
    I thought I would be uncomfortable too! I have always been really modest and I was really worried. Once I was there and everything started happening I didn't even notice! It actually got really hot (even though it is really light) and I ended up half taking it off. 

My random:
    Grr soo fustrated with underwear right now. I bought some new undies for postpartum that were full butt and comfy but then I ended up with an unplanned c/s so those new low cut ones didn't work with my incision. Had DH buy me some high waisted ones one size up but one size was not enough and they keep digging into me and it hurts. So today at 5 day pp DH, LO and I drove to target so I could get out and run in and get some new ones! I have spent way to much money on cheap underwear recently! Crossing my fingers that these will work better!!!
    My friend who had a csection forced me to buy motherhood maternity post pregnancy undies when I told her I was having a CS. They are $10/pair but she swore to me on her life they were worth every penny.

https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=938990135&MasterCategory_Id=MC14

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ashtasht member
    edited August 2016
    kosmo86 said:
    AmMcc12 said:

My random:
    My friend who had a csection forced me to buy motherhood maternity post pregnancy undies when I told her I was having a CS. They are $10/pair but she swore to me on her life they were worth every penny.

https://www.motherhood.com/mobile/Product.asp?Product_Id=938990135&MasterCategory_IdI

i use their regular ones and they are high enough to stay off the incision.
  • @marikkita12 seems she may have forgotten to take into account the curls! Welp! On the positive, it still looks great!
  • Thanks @yellowrose314, @rock1cherry and @poodledoodleooo. You sure know how to make a lady feel special. It's going to make one ridiculous looking ponytail when I finally put it up but I assume I'll stop going through gallons of shampoo and conditioner!'n
  • @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I hear you on the sporadic/worthless contractions. They're also waking me up at night :(. Tomorrow I get checked so here's to hoping (for the both of us) that this pain is causing some sort of progression down there!
  • @RedMar so true. Will adventure the first half of the day and relax the rest!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @SLou24 just reading that made me tear up! Hormones!!!
  • @SLou24 Yup joining the tear bandwagon over here.  That's so incredibly sweet!
  • @SLou24 That is so sweet!

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Slow day today. Is everyone off having their babies except for me?
    Pregnancy Ticker