September 2016 Moms
Options

August Randoms!!!

Re: August Randoms!!!

• Options
    @JennM205 Haha! I know what you mean. I friend of mine came to visit us this weekend, she is leaving tomorrow and I was like "Watch this, baby will come when she is here" just because it would kind of inconvenient lol and then I tought "Yes baby please do come when my friend is here"

I want baby to be here so much!!!
    35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
    PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
    First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
    Miscarriage at 8 weeks
    FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
    First saw  at 6w4d
    It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @noelani42 you crazy girl!!! Happy bday to DD :)
  • Options
    @noelani42 my daughter's 3rd birthday party was last weekend and it was one of the worst ideas I've had lol. 
  • Options
    @SLou24 my first pregnancy we had the college life going on with a verrryyyy low bed. I totally feel your pain! So glad we upgraded to a "big girl bed" in the meantime. I forgot what a pain that was!
  • Options
    @SLou24 I envy you and your bedframe!  We are on over two years of marriage and our mattress is still on the floor.   Thankfully with mattress and box spring it's not just 6" off the floor, but yea, it's really difficult to get out of bed at anytime let alone when it's middle of the night pee time.  DH thinks its fine (it is so NOT) and when I'm super in pain/sleep deprived I have definitely made him get up to help me up, because it's hard hauling my behind out of that thing, yo. 
  • Options
    Congrats @Ampip2270 !! She looks adorable! What a quick labor you had! Hoping I can have a similar experience. Ha! Enjoy mama!
  • Options
    tinypikachutinypikachu member
    edited August 2016
    @AnnaS930 so glad to hear you're staying positive. As you already know,LOs will come when they're ready, no matter how big of a mindf***k late pregnancy is. It's best to have that kind of "roll with the punches" mentality since there's not a lot we can do otherwise. It's hard thinking that the due date might come and go (I am not looking forward to that if it happens!) but our bodies know what they're doing. Meanwhile, you get to enjoy time with your LO as a family of three.

I've felt so much expectation wanting to meet baby and hoping to go into labor. But I surprised myself when I had to go in for high BP and they said it would end up in either bedrest or induction and I was immediately hoping for bedrest, even if that meant going past the EDD. Nothing wrong with an induction if I'd needed it, I just want baby to come when she's ready (eta and when she wants to!). I was a little disappointed when my contractions faded though, but that's only because I'd been in so much pain for 24hrs :P
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom - So agreed. I have such a do-do-do and go-go-go personality, it always feels like I could be doing more to get labor going, when in reality - there's no need to rush it along. I'm still sitting on my exercise ball but enjoying the bouncing and not thinking too much of it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom - good for you for doing what's best for that little lady and taking your bedrest seriously! That can not be easy, but will be worth it.  What are you doing to keep sane? Puzzles? Reading? TV? Computer games?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 mostly reading and TV for now. If this goes on much longer, I'll have to make DH get me some more entertainment. Weirdly, the hardest part is not being able to go to the grocery store, even just a car ride makes my BP go up like crazy.
    * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Spent yesterday evening in L&D with pre-term contractions. Got them stopped with medication, and got sent home. I see my OB Tuesday, and am hoping he'll tell me I should stop working. I didn't do anything other than go to the grocery. 

Ugh. I want this little man to cook longer, but I'm not pumped about the idea of three weeks of contractions. I'm in pregnancy purgatory. 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @pilotswifey Glad to hear they were able to stop the contractions so your baby boy can cook a bit longer!  Did they do that test (I forget the name) that predicts the likelihood of delivering in the next two weeks?  I'll be thinking of you and hoping your OB supports your decision to stop working, if you feel that's the best thing for you!!  Hang in there.  Pregnancy Purgatory.  Such a perfect description.

@Ampip2270 Congrats on your beautiful little girl!  And such a fast labor - that's wonderful!  I hope you're recovering nicely and enjoying all the snuggles with your squish!!  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Congrats to @Ampip2270 and @TheTamedShrew!!!

I tried to keep up this weekend with TB, but mostly hung out with my family (and tiny bits of cleaning).  I went to a giant on-post garage sale with some college friends on Saturday morning in the hopes of walking baby closer to birth.  It did not work.    

Pregnancy Ticker

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

July: Patriotic Fails

england independence day 4th of july july 4th
  • Options
    vampirinavampirina member
    edited August 2016
    Good Morning to my favorite Random ladies! I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend - baby or no baby! Congrats to all of those with new little ones!! So exciting!

This weekend, I went to the MN state fair with my husband, my friend, her 1 yo daughter and her husband. My best friend and I go every year - it's a bit of a tradition for us. It was definitely a bit more difficult this year with a 1 year old in tow and way more difficult with two unfocused husbands in tow, haha. I had some delicious fried eats and DH bought some gimicky but-I-swear-they are-necessary-dear items, which was whatever. The man loves his infomercial-type products. It was a long day and holy hell were my joints swollen and achy by the end of it!

Sunday was spent mostly resting and recuperating. I had a hard time emotionally because Woe is Me, I guess. I spent some time with some friends and it just made me realize how different our lives suddenly seem. Not bad in any way, just different. I was perfectly interested in their vacation plans, latest diet programs, and new shopping sprees, and they listened to be blabber about my birth/baby plans ("just don't give us too much details please because we can't handle the ick factor") but I don't know, there seemed to be a bit of a disconnect. Did anyone else feel like their friendships shifted as they moved into motherhood? How did y'all deal? Did your friendships fade or last through the changes? These women are incredibly important to me, and supportive of my life choices even if they aren't on par with their own, but I'm suddenly realizing just how much our relationships might change because I'm having children and they either a) aren't there yet or b) don't plan on kids at all.

Emotionally, I seem to be better spirits on work days, which is weird. It's like when I'm at work I'm a bit frozen in time. I can't tackle the baby laundry, or clean the cupboards, or do the grocery shopping, or organize the baby items because I'm stuck at work, but I can focus on my job (which I'm loving lately), and then suddenly I go home and I'm overwhelmed with ALL things BABY and when I get overwhelmed I just shut down and wanna cry. Yesterday, was just a rough day emotionally overall, I think, mostly because I didn't get nearly as much done as I wanted to in a single day. On my long list of chores, I only did 3/4 of the dishes, and I washed two sets of sheets. That was it. 
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom - Sorry to hear about your modified bedrest! Hopefully, you're able to get through it with your sanity intact!!
  • Options
    @AlwaysAuntNeverMom I'm sorry to hear about you being on modified bed rest.. that's got to be frustrating! Hopefully you don't go too stir crazy waiting for this babe to come, I'm happy that you seem to have such a good attitude about waiting until LO is ready to come out. Hopefully DH is up to the task of keeping you entertained in the meantime :) 
  • Options
    @PoodleDoodleOoo I have found that some of my non mom friends have drifted away a little bit others have become even stronger. They are my go to people when I am having a bad day and don't want to talk about babies so much. I enjoy talking about their lives. Some of them I've found we just more catch up once a month or every 2 months instead of being on the day to day level. But I think that's normal. I agree with @AnnaS930 I have made sooo many new friends since having kids! It's amazing!
    Married 6-1-13
    Sebastian 3-11-14
    Simon 5-2-15
    Baby #3 Due 9-29-16
  • Options
    @MrsVoorhees - Unlike every other month where I've been like "Woah.. how is this month already over?!?" August has felt pretty appropriately lengthed for me.. most likely just because it's been so darn hot/humid and nearing the end slows things down a bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker