April 2017 Moms

AW Pregnancy Announcements

mrsstuessymrsstuessy member
edited August 2016 in April 2017 Moms
Hello ladies. Announcing your pregnancy can be a very exciting event. We want to hear about it! 

This is a thread for people to post their announcement stories, pictures, videos (anything you are comfortable with sharing). Please feel free to blur out faces or names. We can get ideas from other bumpies about sharing and just enjoy hearing their stories. This thread will be stickied to the top and will be left up there. Feel free to add announcements as we go along in our pregnancies. 

Congratulations again in your pregnancy!!! 

Me: 28 year old SAHM/Birth Doula
DH: 30 year old pneumatic electrical engineer 
Married: October 8, 2011
DD1: September 24, 2013
BFP: June 25, 2016 and MC: July 3, 2016
DD2: April 16, 2017
BFP: November 30, 2018 EDD: August 14, 2019
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: AW Pregnancy Announcements

• @BumpAdmin @BumpCaitlin Can we get this thread stickied at the top please? 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @BumpTara Stickied please!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @GG620 I love it! And Maine Beer Company! 
  • @gg620 and @amdogger82 we love Maine Beer Company too! Have you ever gotten your hands on Dinner? We miraculously got a case last December. There's a release tomorrow and we are thinking about driving up from Mass...
    DD #1: April 2017
    DD #2: May 2020
    Baby #3: EDD May 2023; MC October 2022

• @catem07 DH just got a case this morning!  We moved to southern Maine a year ago and I like to joke it was for the beer...
  • @GG620 So cute! I thought about doing something with our beer glasses (two big and one little) with "Half pint brewing, due April 2017" but that's about as far as I got with the idea so far.  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Poison&Wine your announcement is so cute! Love the HP theme. Wish I could get DH to do something similar  :)
  • @catem07 yes! We love dinner!! We just got a case of lunch when we were up in Maine a few weeks ago - although I can't drink any of it! (waahh) hahahah

BabyFruit Ticker

[spoiler]

Me: 28  Him: 30

Married: 11/15/14

TTC: 02/2016

IF DX: MFI (low count & morphology) & mild PCOS

June 2016 BFP - MC @8w2d

August 2016 BFP - MC @6w1d

June 2017 - 50 mg Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI = BFP 7/6/17!!

Beta #1 = 422 (14dpo), Beta #2 = 810, prog - 12.3 (16dpo), Beta #3 = 5023, prog - 18.9 (20dpo)

[/spoiler]

• @wagnerw Thank you ma'am! Good luck with your announcement! It'll be great no
    matter what. 
  • @Poison&Wine I love your announcement! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @mrsw0920 Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!
  • @schef070911 that's so cute! I want to do something similar for my in laws, they'll be first time grandparents too! My parents are already grandparents. 
  • @RachelGreene Thanks!! It was pretty easy to put together, and I love crafty stuff so it was fun  :)
  • We built our own deck of cards in the "Heads Up" game on our iphone. My mom and I love playing it. Unfortunately the first card that came up was the "Beachmommy2B's pregnant" so she just sat there staring at me instead of getting into the game first before it came up in the random deck. It was still fun though.
    April Siggy Challenge - May BMB - Newborn Fail
    Image result for newborn fail

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @jenniRayno That is super cute and unique. Our family loves Hershey we spend a whole weekend there once a year!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • And it's March 2017* because they will not let me go beyond 37 weeks  so that will be mid-March.
    Alyssa (30) & DH (36)
    DD (12), DS (8). 
    Baby Boy EDD 4/6/17. 
  • Really sorry for being daft but what does AW and TW mean?  And congratulations to everyone :)
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • @smallanimal AW means attention wanted/ attention whore and TW means trigger warning or twat waffle depending on where it's used. There is a link with more abbreviations and such in the welcome/read this first post that is stickied.
  • Last weekend we gave our 3 adorable nieces below shirts that I made. We tried to get pictures and they turned out pretty cute (considering the younger two were in A MOOD and older one had stomach bug!) - my SIL is gonna try to get some additional ones too so we can use for a FB announcement. (Sorry for the creepy smiley faces!)  <3
  • I suddenly no longer feel the urge to announce it. Well all the family knows already and I'm just thinking: the rest will find out soon enough! But we'll still do it just for the cuteness factor of taking a pic of my DD. She's actually been the one announcing it all over anyway. We don't have to say anything she walks up to strangers and tells them then offers to feel my belly LOL

• After the really succefful 8w1d US, we decided that since we travel to my parents next week for a wedding, we will announce in person.  Not really sure how - we might just burst it out after my husband lands at the airport :D I am arriving a few days earlier so I'm afraid that they find out anyhow if they see me frequently hugging the loo :smiley:

But what I do know now, is how I will announce to my sister that I want her to be the godmother.  I will make up a nice card and write it on behalf of the baby and hide it in her house for her to find it :)
    Me:  35 year old FTM, a busy city banker living in London, and a constant worrier. 
    My DH:  French guy, car fanatic, best husband ever.  
    Our baby boy:  Due on 17 April, currently 37 weeks.  I can't believe it - I made it to full term!!!! 
    Last measurement:  3150 gs at 37+1!  This is going to be a big baby :)
  • How far along were you all when you announced to immediate family? We planned on announcing to parents this week since I would be 10 weeks, but I just had my first appointment today an it turns out I'm only 7 weeks. Now it feels too early and the fear of miscarriage is back. I know I'm low risk due to age, health, and history, but the anxiety of first pregnancy has me fearful.
  • Megjosweet I was 10+3 with my daughter when we told parents.. and this time we are telling them after my appointment tomorrow at 10+4. I was actually going to wait til 12 weeks this time as my mom's birthday is then.. but my best friend asked if I was (went on bachelorette and didn't drink but threw up while time) and I couldn't hide it- love her but she can't keep a secret long when she's excited about something so I need to tell my parents before she spills the beans.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • We sent our boys on a scavenger hunt with a surprise at the end.  The last clue said "Wishing and hoping and thinking Oh Maybe, Guess what boys...Mom's having a baby!"  They were thrilled! Their reactions was exactly what I was hoping for.  They are not very good at keeping a secret though so now we have to quickly tell the rest of the immediate family before they find out from someone else.  I'm 9 weeks but being my 4th pregnancy I'm finding it hard to hide!  

• @Catem07 my reasoning is my mom gets overwhelming.. the moment she knows she will tell everyone who will listen and everything will become baby centered.. I will have more opinions than I'll know what to do with.
    Abbygirl 5/2012
    Baby Boy due 04/07/17
  • @megjosweet We didn't tell family until 8-9 weeks, but only because that was when we would see them next in person (they all live 7-8 hours away).  If there were no prospects of seeing them I would've probably called/Skyped earlier than that.  I agree with @catem07; I would've told our immediate family about a miscarriage so I had no problems telling them early about pregnancy - however I know each family and pregnancy is different so I can totally see how others would choose to wait!
  • @megjosweet, with DS, we told our parents and my sister as soon as we found out (4 weeks). This time around, DH wanted to wait a bit so we told them at 8 weeks. We are telling DH's siblings this weekend (11 weeks) because they have young children and we didn't want to have to explain a loss if we had a miscarriage. 

I, personally, felt way better after my parents knew. I also knew that if we did have a miscarriage, I would want them to know so I would have their support. So I definitely agree with telling them!
  • I told my parents and DH's parents at 6 weeks with my last pregnancy since I knew we'd tell them if we had a mc. We told grandparents and siblings at what we thought was 10 weeks but (TW!) had already lost baby. Unfortunately I had asked my grandma not to tell any other family and she told my aunts and uncles and cousins and a week later we had to tell them we'd lost. So that I regret doing (but come on, grandma) but I don't regret telling parents at all. 

This time we told parents right away. Siblings and grandparents have to wait until 11 or 12 weeks. We aren't sure yet. Probably 12. My mom has been my anchor through PGAL and there's no way I wouldn't have told her before the stick dried. 
  • @smallanimal AW means attention wanted/ attention whore and TW means trigger warning or twat waffle depending on where it's used. There is a link with more abbreviations and such in the welcome/read this first post that is stickied.
    I actually looked through the list several times and could never find what "TW" meant.  Thanks for explaining!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Married: 12-04-06 
    Annabelle: 1-1-08
    Patrick: 8-15-10
    EDD: 4-20-17