July 2016 Moms
Options

Mom Confessions

Re: Mom Confessions

• Options
    @samantha1206 I thought today was Tuesday all day. Now I'm stressed out that it's Wednesday and I basically feel like I lost an entire day.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    samantha1206samantha1206 member
    edited August 2016
    @winnie1122 I do that on a regular basis! Today I'm grounded bc DH is off Wednesday's. Any other day I'm screwed. Hope I keep up better when school starts or else I may get in trouble 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to poop and baby was unhappy brought her in the bouncer into  the bathroom and bounced her with my foot just because I so needed to poop mom of the year right here 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand that's better than my experience last night! I got Lukas all calm and lay him in his bassinet so I could take a desperately needed shower. By the time I got out (it was super fast I swear!) he was screaming so bad he was all red and shivering. It took me forever to calm him. I seriously should have known Better. ... He cried almost every time I put him Down yesterday! I felt so bad
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @samantha1206 Sometimes DS is worked up by the time I get out of the shower too. He's my second and DD was so colicky that sometimes I wonder if I should be more concerned when he cries. DH and I both let him cry longer than we ever would have with DD because compared to her, his heart just doesn't seem in it. Poor baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @samantha1206 try using a heating pad to warm up his bassinet before you put him in it. That way he isn't shocked awake by cold sheets. Also try swaddling him really tight. 

@Backbypopulardemand I have also started letting LO cry a bit more. 
  • Options
    A couple times when she's just seemed inconsolable I've left L in the swing for 5 minutes or so...or upstairs in her PnP napper just to give myself a break. I tried the swing one time with success and I wanted to cry tears of joy!! I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with that. 5 minutes to help maintain our sanity is worth it. As PP have said, they won't die from crying. 
  • Options
    @samantha1206 yeah she has gotten to that point in the car a few times when I've been driving that is definitely a not fun cry but ultimately they are okay and a shower was needed ;) don't feel too bad 
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    Kyle has had a few diaper blowout's that involved his sleepsuit being covered in poop. I've washed them 2/3 times but the stains won't come out, I know they are clean so Kyle can keep wearing them. No shame.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    DD was almost potty trained, but has been giving us so much grief since baby came, especially with the potty, that we put her back in pull ups. Took about two days for her to get an awesome diaper rash...some days I realize we have no clue what we're doing with these kids.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    edited August 2016
    LF93 said:
    Kyle has had a few diaper blowout's that involved his sleepsuit being covered in poop. I've washed them 2/3 times but the stains won't come out, I know they are clean so Kyle can keep wearing them. No shame.

The Shout stain remover is genius at removing poop stains. I can't get them completely out with anything else 
  • Options
    Anyone find anything for getting breast milk out? I have an epic spitter-upper 
  • Options
    mnkenned said:
    Anyone find anything for getting breast milk out? I have an epic spitter-upper 
    My mom turned me on to this and I haven't encountered a stain it won't take out. Including PP blood. I got it at target. But I'm sure Walmart has it too.

• Options
    I ate DD1's potty training M&Ms last night while pumping.  No shame. 
  • Options
    I ate DD1's potty training M&Ms last night while pumping.  No shame. 
    I did this too!!
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @ab34- now I just have to remember to replace them, lol! 
  • Options
    I put LO on the floor so I could pee really fast and I thought the blanket was folded thicker, but apparently not. He knocked his head back fast, hit the floor and started screaming. Now I'm paranoid and probably won't sleep. Just going to stare at him all night to make sure he's okay. Bad mom award over here. 
  • Options
    I feel like a dairy cow. DS has been cluster feeding for 2 straight days. Every hour for 45 minutes. I dug into my pumped stash to give my nipples a break a few times today. My poor boobs.
  • Options
    @setosh DH gets a moo from me while pumping, too. 
  • Options
    Calling the doc tomorrow for reflux.  My DD1 had it and now I am thinking DD2 has it too, but it is more of a silent reflux.  I am hoping they will see us tomorrow or just call in a scrip.  These evenings of inconsolably crying are too much for me to handle.  I am not one to usually jump on the medication bandwagon, but having already gone through this once....I am not ready to wait and see what happens. 
  • Options
    DH accidentally dropped Fajita juice on LO's head. I didn't have the energy to give him a full bath, so I wiped him with a baby wipe. His head still smelled like cheese until his bath today...
  • Options
    DD muted the baby monitor. Noticed the flashing lights thankfully. No clue how long LO was crying. Poor little guy. Sorry. Big sis is causing you trouble early in life.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I haven't written any thank you notes for the gifts people have brought or sent since LO was born 3 weeks ago. They're sitting in a pile on my coffee table. 

LO has the most gorgeous thick hair and I have only been washing it twice a week. It gets gross after about a day.
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    @sboston06 I still have thank you's to write from the second shower from before he was born, let alone gifts from after, and he's almost 7 weeks old. I suck at etiquette. 

@stellaluna14 Ha Peter pee fountained into his face this morning while I was bending over to get a diaper and I just wiped him up with a burp cloth... 

I should probably plan to bathe him soon...
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    I still haven't sent out our thank you notes and birth announcements and our LO arrived in early June.... I did finally get the announcements/thank you notes done so now I just need to do them! My goal is to get them done before I return to work in two short weeks (so soon..........)

PS: What's up with the new bump site? got me all confused this morning...