July 2016 Moms
Options

Mom Confessions

most of us are mommies by now (if not then hang in there just a little bit longer!). Use this thread to share your "mom confessions!" (Cred goes to May '16). 

my confession is that I can't remember the last time I brushed my hair.

also, sometimes if I can't get LO to burp after 30 seconds I just give up and lay him down and basically just pretend he didn't need to burp. I'm horrible at burping.

Re: Mom Confessions

• Options
    I'm home by myself for the first time since he was born 4 weeks ago and it's kind of amazing. I actually showered today and ate before 4pm, which is also a first. @rnyland1 I suck at burping too, I put him down like that during late night feedings since he seems to work them out better than I do anyways! Unless he really seems desperate, I am usually no help with burping.
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @joleri23 I did today for the first time. I pulled the Rock n play in the bathroom and put her in it. 
  • Options
    I put DS in the R&P in the bathroom while I shower too, he seems to like the noise. 

my confession: I am totally ready to resume having sex and most likely won't wait the full 6 weeks. With DS1 we only made it 2 weeks  :#
    we also already fooled around a bit and my boobs leaked so much it was embarrassing (not that DH cared much). Breastfeeding problems.
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @AB34 jealous as I'm totally not ready yet. With DS1 we only waited 4 weeks so I'm hoping I'll be feeling like myself by then again.
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I think for me it's more I want to be close to DH more than I want sex. I get clingy post partum! Lol
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    Well my confession is I miss how easy it was for my husband to have dinner, at home, together. That's a popular hour for baby to need her meal or be put down (which takes a solid 30-45 minutes). By the time we're both "free" it's like 8pm! After he's been at work all day, and I've been home alone with her all day....I look forward to dinner together. I guess we're still a couple months away from that dream, lol. 
  • Options
    mamafox14mamafox14 member
    edited July 2016
    I was just pumping and watching Downton Abbey while M was napping. I've only done it a handful of times and usually only for maybe 20-30 mins. Well, Downton abbey was especially engrossing and I forgot I was pumping. 

Now I  have nipple blisters. 

What the fuckkkkkkkk. 
  • Options
    AHAHAHAHA!! I love these @PootsDragon. Perfect!
  • Options
    I try and shower every other day. He teeth brushing seems to go hand in hand with bathing these days. If we're going to actually venture into public or see other humans I try hard to make sure one of the two happens. 
  • Options
    We had our one month appointment yesterday and the nurse practitioner asked how he was sleeping. I told her he has a crib and a pack and play but doesn't sleep long in either, mostly in our arms. Then backpedaled when I saw the red flag in her eyes that he sleeps on us and not flat in a crib. We all get more sleep this way! 
  • Options
    My husband just got up to my parents house where we are spending the weekend. My back has seized up again for the 3rd time this week really bad and I just left my screaming hungry child with her dad and my parents  to go crawl into a bath don't care if I'm not supposed to do it I'm only using water nothing else and having them give her a bottle because I can barely move at the moment let alone hold her. 
  • Options
    This is kind of lame compared to some of these, but it's been so hot I only dress myself and my baby if we are going out or people are coming over. It's 95 outside and at least 85 in my house right now, ain't nobody need to be clothed. 

I have managed to shower at least once a day, either during naptime or after DH gets home. Teeth brushing happens in the shower. But we have a video baby monitor that I've been putting to good use, definitely worth the investment. 
  • Options
    Reading these makes me realize how lucky I am DH has an amazing paternity leave. We take turns showering and barely get out the door for things at 9:30 or 10 in the morning. My confession is I have no clue how I'll manage a just turned 2 year old with a 3 month old by myself when he does go back to work.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @whataboutscience Me too! DH was able to take this whole first month off with me, but he goes back on Monday and I'm not sure how anything is going to get done next week when I'm on my own. He's such a help!!
    Married 6/1/13
    BFP #1 7/2013 MMC 9/17/13
    BFP #2 5/2014 MC 6/15/14
    BFP #3 11/13/14 (Found in ER with ruptured cyst) Diagnosed MC 11/15/14
    BFP #4  4/2015 MC 7/1/15
    BFP #5 10/21/15  EDD 7/3/16 Praying for our rainbow! 
  • Options
    Having a few alcoholic beverages with some friends for the first time.. my emotional pp self just got done crying because I feel so guilty about it. 
  • Options
    I'm on my phone a lot while breastfeeding... Like now.  Keep thinking I need to limit screen time....
  • Options
    @austinjl With my first, I was on my phone constantly. She hardly slept and cried a lot. I did it to try to keep myself awake. This one sleeps a lot, including easily in his crib, so I find myself needing my phone less and wanting to enjoy time with him.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD leaked a little poop on my shorts yesterday, yep, I definitely didn't change until about an hour later.  Yuck! 
    Anniversary: 10/10/09
    DS: 11/21/14
    DD: 7/5/16

• Options
    joleri23 said:
    Supposed to be sanitizing my breast pump gear everyday... that's not happening. I don't have sanitizing bags so boiling everything for 10 minutes a day? Not happening. I really hope this isn't an UO!
    The only reason I have been is because of this beaut: 

https://www.usa.philips.com/c-p/SCF281_05/avent-microwave-steam-sterilizer

Otherwise i I would be right there with you!

Confession: We let C sleep on her side in the PnP during the day. 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DeriveMyPi said:

Confession: We let C sleep on her side in the PnP during the day. 
    We let Aubrey side sleep when we first got home. It's what kept her asleep the longest cuz she couldn't startle herself as easily. She still does sleep that way sometimes but she also sleeps well on her back now
  • Options
    Hmm I always put my LO on his back but he *always* rolls himself onto his side.  I have no control over it unless box him in somehow.  The hospital said it was NBD. So i let him sleep that way.