July 2016 Moms
Options

Mom Confessions

Re: Mom Confessions

• Options
    @stellaluna14 that is amazing!! Our bassinet keeps her on her back at night but I'm sure she will be a side sleeper when we start putting her down in her crib 
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've just noticed Layla tries to turn to her side. She's had a bit of success. Interesting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Camille can turn herself on her side and her belly if she's in the crib. It's not an issue if we put her in the rock n play bc it's snug. Once I noticed she can turn on her side I told the pediatrician and she told me not to worry she wouldnt be able to completely roll over but she surely can. I'll worry about it once she transitions to the crib. 
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @joleri23 I've been soaking all the pieces in a bowl of hot soapy water for awhile and then rinsing them with hot water. Good enough?
    Same. 
  • Options
    I haven't sanitized either... Sorry baby and he's 6 weeks old today and has only had 2 or 3 baths. 
  • Options
    I love you guys! I feel much better about not sanitizing!
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    My son has peed on his own head twice.
    My son did that a lot, but it really surprised me when my DAUGHTER was able to!
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    kellz14kellz14 member
    edited July 2016
    My LO projectile pooped on the wall next to the changing table during a diaper swap. At least it wasn't on me! But poor DH was cleaning poop off the wall at 3am
  • Options
    Another leak. Left it pointing up. Oops.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I compare this little guy to ds1 too much. Ds1 was just such a good baby and this guy turns into a demon every evening! 
  • Options
    @hannahmp mmm yes that is my confession as well... I feel bad that part of me is relieved I am going back to work in a month.... love her so much, but getting professional help with childcare sounds... amazing.... (guilt guilt guilt)
  • Options
    I'm a STM and the umbilical cord stump grosses me out... like want want to barf bad.  DD1 had hers fall off within a couple days but DD2's just fell off today (9 days old).  I noticed it was starting to come off and thankfully my mom was holding her when it completely came off.  The only problem was that we couldn't find it for awhile... it was quite the scene.  Funny now, not so much then... 
  • Options
    Lukas spit up on me last night. Like s lot. I had him laying on my chest so it went all over me and in my hair. I used a baby wipe to half ass get it out my hair and then threw it up in a pony tail. I smell like sour milk  :|. I have no choice today but to shower since I've got errands to run 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @sboston06- Don't feel bad! The first few days are really tough and sleep deprivation doesn't help... DD1 was a TOUGH baby but it does get better! Don't be afraid to ask for help and to step away when you need to!!! Someone once told me (before DD1) that as long as you make sure baby is fed, diapered, and in general ok, it never hurt to let them cry.  When I was at my wits end, I would put her down to do what I need to and I knew she was ok for those few minutes.  Hugs momma! 
  • Options
    I have been home sick by myself.  She is really fussy because of her stuffed up nose and screams when I put her down. I totally nursed while I was peeing on the toilet. 
  • Options
    @erin7264 Really?! We've done it twice total and mine is 5 weeks! Crap!! 
  • Options
    @erin7264 my pedi said tummy time on your chest totally counts, especially in the beginning. She did encourage us to add in more floor time now that he's bigger because it works different muscles than on our chests but that they are both good. 
  • Options
    With newborns, being on your chest is tummy time. As they get older, you definitely want to start doing more on the floor though. When they can barely lift their head, a warm body is much more comfortable than face on down on the ground. :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @stellaluna14 @whataboutscience Ok!! Good to know. We've definitely done a lot of chest time. We have a mat. I'll start doing more with that too. 
  • Options
    Baby is 9 days old and only does tummy time on our chests so far. She pushes with her legs and can totally scoot from being on my belly up to my shoulders. Strong legs!!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3