August 2016 Moms
Options

Randoms 8/8/16

Here we go mamas. Second week in August already. 
*TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
Benched 6 months 
BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

Re: Randoms 8/8/16

• Options
    Wow! I'm so excited for all these mommas having babies but oh so envious. I'm not due until the 30th. That feels FOREVER away. But seriously, second week already??
    Same here. Not due until the 21st. I wish my midwife never told me she thought I would go earlier. I am just finishing the last day of my five day mini vacation and the thought of going back to work tomorrow is depressing. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Due date is Friday, I was really hoping I wouldn't have to go to work today. I have my last appointment tomorrow, going to have a coming to Jesus talk with my OB about how much longer were going to let this party go on. Swelling is horrible, can't make a fist anymore. I told our scheduler that Friday will be my last day whether LO is here or not, today I'm ready to throw in the towel.
  • Options
    I go back to my OB tomorrow. We are talking about induction...my last day of work is Thursday,  hoping he'll schedule me for Friday. I'm due Sunday. He goes on Vacation starting the next day! 
  • Options
    @jkershaw2013 I am due Saturday and having the same problem--I can't even write anymore, so I have to type everything at work and my notes look like a toddler wrote them. My doctors appointment is today and we are going to have that same talk!
  • Options
    I feel like my butt is going to fall off. 

So much pressure
  • Options
    Currently sitting at home, trying to decide if I should even attempt to go into work today or just see what I can do "working from home"...  Wasn't planning to be here this week as today is my due date and everyone thought I'd go early (dr included).  Need to work as much as I can bc i don't have extra time off, but just over it. 
  • Options
    @jkershaw2013 I feel like Mondays are hard when you're waiting for a baby and working... like gosh baby... u couldn't have prevented me from going to work and came already... I am 39 weeks today... which means my due date is a Monday... next Monday is going to be rough.
  • Options
    Getting my work day started like normal sucked today. I didn't really expect to have him this weekend, but there was always hope. Instead I dragged myself to a workout class and into the office somewhat early. The worst part is there is nothing going on at work today but I'm still required to be here. I have so much other stuff I need to do. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I am still at work and it sucks! I have been having contractions since Thursday, have lost most of my mucus plug, and am super uncomfortable. My next appointment isn't until tomorrow but I think I am going to call and see if they will check me today.
  • Options
    Less than 2 weeks until due date and I'm still assuming I'll be overdue.  Is it weird that I have 2 things I wouldn't mind going to for work the week after my due date?  I could do some recruiting for my program at one school for a few hours that Tuesday and then Thursday our new University President will be doing our semesterly (not a word, but brain not working and IDC) address...  Plus I've kinda figured out I need to deliver around my due date exactly to get my leave the way I want it!  I've been super productive at work the last week or so though, and I'm done with everything that absolutely had to be done by me, now onto things I do but don't necessarily have to in order for the program to function....
  • Options
    Ladies, voting time... should I get my cervix checked today at my 39 week appt? I'm a FTM and my midwife offers them but I declined last week. So I have no idea where my dilation is right now... I'm kind of nervous about the check... mainly because my midwife has never seen my "stuff" and its not like its at its prettiest right now.... thoughts!? Pros!? Cons!?
  • Options
    @jamiesc58 how many weeks r u?
  • Options
    @katm89 I am 38 weeks. I have had checks at both the 36 and 37 week appointments and then again at L&D when I was there on Thursday. I was dialated 2 1/2 and the cervix was very soft and thin. I am basically waiting for my water to break or the contractions to be so strong that I can't concentrate through them. That is hard for me because I do not have a high pain tolerance to begin with. The reason I went in Thursday is because the contractions were 2-3 minutes apart and were painful. Apparently that wasn't enough to change my cervix even with walking.  :( P.S. I get the cervical checks because I am too impatient to not know if my body is progressing. Just think...you will not be the worst vag they have ever seen lol. I just make sure I am washed and clean. It hasn't been groomed for some time though.
  • Options
    @caitlinj187 @jamiesc58 and @Mfuller76 thank you all for weighing in. I will update everyone tonight or tomorrow on whether or not I got the courage. I am curious... DH and I have walked a ton and I thought I was going into labor yesterday... but then the contractions never became consistent.. they were like 5 minutes long though...
    @jamiesc58 sounds like it may be very soon, I will keep my fingers crossed for you
  • Options
    @Katm89 I wasn't going to get checked, but I'm glad I did because it makes me feel like my body is at least doing something as a FTM. Also it makes the process of labor and delivery seem less scary for me knowing those checks are done the same way when you are laboring. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• Options
    @midwestbaby I think having the check will make other things during labor feel less creepy... like the checks... I agree... I feel like it rips a band-aid off or something
  • Options
    @bookhousegirl congratulations on your little one! I know how excited you were to actually have the baby!!
  • Options
    @Katm89 the way your vag looks now, is nothing in comparison to what they see during and after labor, so that should definitely not be a factor!

On a similar note, I try to avoid looking at my own vagina post-partum, but caught a glimpse yesterday and I don't understand how it will ever go back to normal... I know it does, because I've done this before, but it's insane what our bodies are able to recover from!
    This baby was my 3rd, and for the first time I looked at my vaj after delivery. It was terrifying! Definitely amazing what it can go through, and then just go back to normal.
  • Options
    I might have to "lose" all of my small mirrors before baby comes so I can't look down there. I don't want to know. 
  • Options
    Married at First Sight is awesome guilty pleasure TV. #noshame
  • Options
    @Mfuller76 I am also watching this. Love it. 
    *TW Spoiler*

11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    Benched 6 months 

• Options
    My MIL will be watching LO when DH and I return to work. Today we asked her how much she wants to be paid, and she said it was up to us. UGH. I have no idea where to start. Is $400 a month ok? She is retired at 50, and my FIL still works and makes six figures... so she's doing it more to spend time with baby and less for the money. I just don't want her to be insulted either way. 
  • Options
    @labecker55358 I don't actually pay my mom. I pay her long term care insurance (I'm not sure how much it costs monthly, but it's not cheap!) for all diapers and wipes, and pick up the tab for random things- dinner, if she has something she needs picked up when I'm running errands, etc. 
  • Options
    @JournoGrl23 I feel the exact same way. I feel like I will just keep thinking its prelabor and not real labor... I am also exhausted from working and I fear that after a long day I will be too tired to actually thrive during a long FTM labor... I have this fantasy of going into labor on saturday and going to the hospital sat night( after I get a chance to clean the entire house and shower and such)
  • Options
    @kristynmac tell me about it... haha... atleast we are all one day closer