January 2017 Moms
Options

Announcement ideas

Re: Announcement ideas

• Options
    That was nice @TinaBelcher. I truly hope I didn't ruin anyone's day with mine. I remember being a wreck on this journey. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    sagoonsagoon member
    @zdmd_14 I had 3 people do the 'wow' face on my FB announcement and I was totally irrationally angry too.  I was like, how dare you?  Oh the joys of pregnancy.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sagoon said:
    @zdmd_14 I had 3 people do the 'wow' face on my FB announcement and I was totally irrationally angry too.  I was like, how dare you?  Oh the joys of pregnancy.
    I briefly contemplated unfriending one of them.  My hormones need to settle down 
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    @zdmd_14 I had someone do the wow face, and it was an acquaintance who is openly anti-children. Ugh. People. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    These announcements are all so adorable!  Our family pictures were rescheduled for Sunday, so I'll have to wait until those come back before we announce. Good job ladies on the cute announcements. 
  • Options
    zdmd_14 said:
    After telling my special Ed director and both of my principals, we finally posted today.

this is totally hormonal and petty, but two people 'reacted' on Facebook with the WOW face and I am irrationally offended by it.  Also, one of those people commended and said "whaaattt?!?!???"  I'm probably just taking it wrong and if not, who cares but pregnant-me is not thrilled. 

Someone reacted to ours with the "haha" laughing face and I got so pissed lol! Then I set it aside because she's sort of a train wreck so I can't really care...  ;)
  • Options
    zdmd_14 said:
    After telling my special Ed director and both of my principals, we finally posted today.

this is totally hormonal and petty, but two people 'reacted' on Facebook with the WOW face and I am irrationally offended by it.  Also, one of those people commended and said "whaaattt?!?!???"  I'm probably just taking it wrong and if not, who cares but pregnant-me is not thrilled. 

Someone reacted to ours with the "haha" laughing face and I got so pissed lol! Then I set it aside because she's sort of a train wreck so I can't really care...  ;)
    This is funny. I haven't posted on FB yet, but I am thinking that announcing twins will bring more "wows" than normal, lol. I guess I better prepare myself. 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • Options
    ThePax89 said:
    That was nice @TinaBelcher. I truly hope I didn't ruin anyone's day with mine. I remember being a wreck on this journey. 
    Nah I'm sure you didn't, maybe a little gut punch but if people aren't open with their struggles how can you know? I think there's a few more than the few that I told ahead of time but nothing I could do about it because there's no way I'm asking them ::shrug:: I've been in their shoes, it kind of sucks no matter what 
  • Options
    Omg these were so cute!!! Thank you ladies for sharing ♡
  • Options
    BrialaBriala member
    edited July 2016
    His name is Hilo :smiley: he is 8 now, I love the name Humfree so cute!! @Knottie1443924966

I am thinking of doing some nice babywearing pictures after my ultrasound on Tuesday and doing something about tandem wearing for our announcement this time. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Me: 26 DH: 29 Married 8/4/2012
    BFP #1 8/20/2013 | EDD 5/4/2014 | MMC 10/2/2013 9w3d | D&C 10/8/2013
    BFP #2 2/8/2014 (kinda) EDD 10/29/2014
     | DS Born 10/8/2014 
    TTCAL 11/2015 BFP #3 5/12/16 | EDD Jan 2017
  • Options
    LecoolLecool member
    @egilona That's such a cute idea! Those baby pics of you guys are adorable.

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

@canavara I'm trying to decide if I'm royally creeped out by that announcement or think it's hilarious :) I hadn't seen it yet so thanks for sharing.

We are doing a one time facebook announcement to include both sex and the fact that we are pregnant. I wasn't going to do one until closer to 16 weeks anyways once it came down to it so a few more weeks works. It will be in line with the start of football season and we are huge Chicago Bears fans. I'm thinking I will do a picture with our fan gear and depending on if it's a girl or boy get an appropriate Bears baby onesie. Still working through it though. I will share when we finalize :) I love seeing all these announcements.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    mrshuse525mrshuse525 member
    edited July 2016
    We finally announced yesterday on FB/Insta. 

Edit: The bump didn't want to post my picture. 

Pregnancy Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• Options
    @canavara did you launch your announcement website thing yet? If so How did your friends like it? 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    That is pure genius! I love it!! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I think we are leaning towards not announcing on social media until the baby is born.  I am not against social media but I think it may be more fun this way!  I think we are going to put together a video of different pregnancy moments (video of first time we heard the HB, sex/gender reveal to kids, sex/gender and pregnancy announcement to in laws, u/s photos, bump pics, etc) and I will share that with the baby birth announcement at the end of the video.  My family all knows and we are announcing to the rest of DHs family at the end of this week/beginning of next week.  Several friends of the family know as well so it is not as if we are keeping it a complete secret, just off social media.  Still not 100% sure and maybe we will end up announcing or giving it away at some point before than but this is what I am leaning towards right now.
    BFP #1 1/19/09 EDD: 9/29/09 Caiden arrived 9/20/09
    BFP #2 4/1/10 EDD: 12/7/10 Ethan surprised us on 11/19/10
    BFP # 3 EDD :10/24/12 Rylan was born 10/17/12
    BFP #4 4/13/14 EDD:12/22/14  Nolan made his entrance on 12/15/2014
    BFP#5 5/22/17 EDD:1/27/17  It's a GIRL!!!!

• Options
    @ladysaceb We are doing a combo social media announcement at 20 weeks when we know the sex. I've been struggling so much lately making sure anything I post doesn't give it away. I don't post much on myself but even some of the groups I join or events I'm interested in I have to be careful with. Luckily I have a toddler so a lot of it can be applicable to him so I have an excuse if I mess up but I've had to really think about some things. I love your idea of the birth announcement with all the stuff leading up to it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We posted above picture today! Tried to get the pups to sit on either side of the frame but that was not happening so I just put pictures together! 
  • Options
    We didn't do anything too exciting for our pregnancy announcement, but I want to for gender when we find out.  I'm loving some of your ideas so far everybody!
    IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options
    So, now that I'm a week out until we have our Anatomy Scan, I've been trying to find new, creative ways of sharing THAT news. What I've come up with is DIY-ing scratch off cards to give to our parents (and I'll probably send my BFF one too) before I make a social media announcement. When we do the social media announcement, I'll like have J video me scratching off one the scratches to reveal the sex. I think it will work out well. It might just take some orchestrating. <3
    BabyFetus Ticker