October 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday (7/28/16)

13»

Re: UO Thursday (7/28/16)

• Options

UOs: #1) Trump is less qualified to run this country than a banana, or, say... Walt Disney's frozen head. HOWEVER, I suspect Clinton is actually possibly one of the least genuine, yet most qualified person to run this country - esp. in regard to international affairs. So... I guess I will base my vote accordingly. Either way I find this election to be an endless source of grimacing and can NOT wait for November!

#2) All cake is delicious! Especially carrot cake with real cream cheese icing!

#3) I'm not allowed to hate football - I'm in Cleveland!

#4) I think you should vote either Trump/Clinton - I agree that 3rd party votes will not matter, as there is no real 3rd party contender and will be "throw-aways". Vote! See what happened with Brexit... ???

Thank you! 

Seriously, unless or until we can foster a system that can be widely inclusive of a 3rd party (or even 4th) you are throwing away your vote.

Hold your nose, learn their policies, and pick somebody who you feel to be the least of two evils.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How about just give me the cake and leave the icing? I don't really like any icing!  :#
    The last person I saw take a cupcake and scrape off the icing I flipped, asking why she bothered to take it in the first place.  She responded "I wanted a cupcake" my answer "you don't want a cupcake, you want a muffin!!"  Ya I have an unhealthy relationship with food, but scraping off the icing?! That's food abuse!!

I knew I should have abandoned the thread in page 2 after having no opinion on American politics or GG (never seen it), but nope kept reading and now I want cake! And pies! And pastries! And any other "hot out of the oven" sweet deliciousness!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I dislike sugar, so I am an icing scraper! To be fair, I don't usually take a piece of cake at all because sometimes the cake is too sweet too. But normally I eat the cake and my dh eats the icing. My dd is the same way. Most kids lick the icing off and throw the cake away but mine eats all the cake and leaves a big glob of icing sitting on a plate. I do that with ice cream cake too. I don't like whip cream, pie, cream cheese (in any capacity). Blah! 
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited July 2016
    kmolleltz said:
    Ice cream cake wins of all the cakes.

I always loved having a July birthday for that.
    agreed! And I gave zero F's about the fact that my bday is in November. I always asked for Carvel ice crean cakes for my bday lol
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 I hate icing too! Apparently it's inherited. My great-grandfather hated icing too, so my great-grandmother came up with a recipe for what we now call Grandpa Ballert Cake. It's a white cake, covered in pads of butter, and then brown sugar sprinkled on top. Bake, and eat. It's an instant favorite for anyone who comes over and eats it.
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • Options
    Ok I do like certain icings- like my grandmother's homemade white icing and my MIL's homemade chocolate icing. But I don't want a lot of it ever. I won't scrape ALL of it off, but I don't want a huge glob! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    LauraPCOS said:
    How about just give me the cake and leave the icing? I don't really like any icing!  :#
    The last person I saw take a cupcake and scrape off the icing I flipped, asking why she bothered to take it in the first place.  She responded "I wanted a cupcake" my answer "you don't want a cupcake, you want a muffin!!"  Ya I have an unhealthy relationship with food, but scraping off the icing?! That's food abuse!!

I knew I should have abandoned the thread in page 2 after having no opinion on American politics or GG (never seen it), but nope kept reading and now I want cake! And pies! And pastries! And any other "hot out of the oven" sweet deliciousness!

I could not agree with this more! 

And thanks to all of you I am sitting here wondering when I can sneak away to get an ice cream sundae... Or cake... My friend who just had gastric bypass surgery is visiting and suggesting she watch me eat it would be beyond rude, right? 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Options
    I don't like ice cream cake or ice cream all that much. Give me all the chocolate chip cookies! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    I bought an entire ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins about 30 min ago. 
    Does it have those amazing chocolate crunchies in the middle?? I swoon over those crunchies. 
  • Options
    Same here @LMNOBaby! That's why I always got Carvel cakes. Love those crunchies 
  • Options
    UFJenUFJen member
    I want all the cake, but also on the no icing team. Its too sweet most times!
  • Options
    I will be baking cakes and cupcakes all day today... and can't eat any of them because they're for LO's birthday party tomorrow  :'(
  • Options
    A warning about the crunchies: my local grocery store had carvel ice cream cake that instead of frosting It had a layer of crunchies on top. I was sooo excited but this was a perfect example of 'too much of a good thing' blah! 
  • Options

MY UO is that I really hate carrot cake, everyone says that my mom's cake is amazing, I just had one slice once.... I really don't like it at all.

But I would eat the entire cream cheese icing bowl if she lets me hahaha, when she was done I was always there for help her "clean" the bowl if... you know what I mean ;)

• Options
    I don't like ice cream cake. It doesn't have actual cake in it, usually! H always asks for it for his thanksgiving birthday. He made the mistake of getting me one for my birthday the first year we were married...I cried. I felt so bad, but I had been looking forward to a big piece of actual cake all day! 
  • Options
    F47 said:
    I think chocolate cake is overrated. Give me white or yellow cake all day long.
    @F47 I'm so with you on this!  I don't like chocolate cake and will never eat it (but I love brownies, go figure...) and people at work act like I'm committing some sort of sin when I turn it down. I always got the "Oh, are you on a diet, I wish I had your will power" sort of comments.  Nope, not willpower when you really don't like the stuff!
    Me: 35 DH: 39
    Married: 10/11/15
    Baby girl Addie born 10/12/16 <3:)<3

• Options
    I don't like ice cream cake. It doesn't have actual cake in it, usually! H always asks for it for his thanksgiving birthday. He made the mistake of getting me one for my birthday the first year we were married...I cried. I felt so bad, but I had been looking forward to a big piece of actual cake all day! 
    And the kind that has real cake in it is just wrong! Crunchies all day long 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    Oh, I loathe ice cream cake. Blech. Cake? Great! Ice cream? Yes, please! Ice cream cake? Unnecessary and not tasty.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    F47 said:
    Oh, I loathe ice cream cake. Blech. Cake? Great! Ice cream? Yes, please! Ice cream cake? Unnecessary and not tasty.
    I was waiting for somebody else to say it first haha
  • Options
    LMNOBaby said:
    Does it have those amazing chocolate crunchies in the middle?? I swoon over those crunchies. 
    It's Oreo and cookies and creame. Perfect blend. :)
  • Options
    F47 said:
    Whaaaaaat? This does not compute. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LMNOBaby said:
    Last time I got a DQ cake, my uncle ate around the crunchies!!! I wouldn't let him have another piece lol
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    F47 said:
    I was waiting for somebody else to say it first haha

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Maybe this should be a confession, but I've never had ice cream cake.

• Options
    @rainmira9e do you live local to NJ? I will deliver. 
  • Options
    Ha ha, no - Texas! Maybe that's why it's not so popular here, because it would melt on the way to the car!

• Options
    @rainmira9e trust me girl it gets hot as hell here too lol
  • Options
    +1 for carvel cake and all the crunchies! Actually, I didn't feel great earlier so I kinda skipped dinner but I'm tempted to go to the grocery store and get a carvel cake now...
  • Options
    I asked my SO to buy me cake. He came home with ice cream cake because he LOVES it. I've never had the heart to tell him, I loathe ice cream cake.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016