October 2016 Moms
Options

UO Thursday (7/28/16)

This UO Thursday is brought to you bright and early for you east coasters and beyond, from the west coast!

Let's get controversial!  GO!
Me: 31 | DH: 43
BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18

Re: UO Thursday (7/28/16)

• Options
    Controversial?  I dunno.... but here's my UO.

I don't have a football team, or a baseball team, or a basketball team.  I don't have any teams I root for.  I'll go watch a baseball game at Petco Park only because it's fun hanging out with all my friends and because my stepkids love it.... but this baby won't have a Padres onesie or a Chargers one either. 

• Options
    I think the Never Trump/Never Hilary people are ridiculous. Voting is about voting FOR someone, not against someone else. Just because you don't like Trump doesn't mean you should automatically vote for Clinton (or vice versa). I hate the whole lesser-of-two-evils mentality. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @TurtleMomma I agree with @krzyriver. It is now the lesser of two evils because I don't like either of them. So at this point my only choice is to vote for who I dislike less, in hopes that it takes the vote away from the worst. Voting 3rd party, in my opinion, is pointless. Especially in this election. 
    This. Exactly. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    100% agree with @sjo_thetwins. I'm honestly getting SO tired of hearing about both candidates. I just want to vote and get it over with so we can all move on.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @annabenanna We are the same way here. The only sports we watch in this house have wheels and high power engines. 
  • Options
    MRSCORKER said:
    @TurtleMomma I agree with @krzyriver. It is now the lesser of two evils because I don't like either of them. So at this point my only choice is to vote for who I dislike less, in hopes that it takes the vote away from the worst. Voting 3rd party, in my opinion, is pointless. Especially in this election. 
    I agree with this. I'm not in love with Hilary but I would vote for the broken vacuum cleaner in my hall closet before voting for that human dumpster fire. 
    This.  
  • Options
    100% agree with @sjo_thetwins. I'm honestly getting SO tired of hearing about both candidates. I just want to vote and get it over with so we can all move on.
    I de-activated facebook and have stopped watching the news because I'm so over all of it. I have been blissfully ignorant for almost a month and I have no regrets. I do feel like an uninformed citizen getting no news at all but I just needed a break and it's been so nice!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER You're not missing anything important. Whatever your initial impression was of each candidate, it would still be the same.
  • Options
    Yup. Voting 3rd party is pointless (thank you two party system) and could be very dangerous for this election in particular. So regardless of how much I hate Hillary, I will be voting for her.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    Putting on bullet proof body armor on....

I'm voting for Trump. 

I don't like either, but I can't stand Hilary more than I can't stand Trump. We are doomed with either. 

PS I think this is the first time I ever commented on anything political because I LOATHE talking about and I'm so OVER hearing about it. Is it November yet? Sheesh!! 

PSS I really hope this doesn't change the view on me. I like being here. LOL 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    krzyriverkrzyriver member
    edited July 2016
    @sportiegrl1213 I think we're all sick of the political talk. Lol. I personally don't judge people who's vote for Trump is really just a vote against Hillary. Everyone has reasons for fearing what both candidates could do.... and they should fear them both.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    Oh good!! Thank you for making me feel better @krzyriver!! I was so afraid to get flamed!! LOL
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    I might get flamed for this UO but here goes.... Gilmore Girls is awful and I'm sick of hearing about the new episodes. *Hides to avoid the angry mob*

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @sportiegrl1213 Well you might, but not from me. Lol. I think too many people are quick to hate anyone who's political opinions are different from their own and its created a huge divide. It should not be Republicans vs Democrats. 

Man, I'm gunna miss Biden....

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @krzyriver I like Gilmore Girls (it indicated when it was time to go to dinner in college...lol!), but I am also tired of hearing about the new episodes and the world-wide release of episodes and such...
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    krzyriver said:
    I might get flamed for this UO but here goes.... Gilmore Girls is awful and I'm sick of hearing about the new episodes. *Hides to avoid the angry mob*

We can no longer be friends... ;)

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @MRSCORKER I love that reaction gif. Lmao

@amye102485 It's been quiet for awhile but a couple days ago they released a teaser. It's was just them sitting at the kitchen table doing their fast-talking thing. Made me cringe. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    samkinssamkins member
    edited July 2016
    It's a 2 party system here but if ever there was a chance for a 3rd party to get enough momentum to get involved in debates etc. This is it! I'm not saying 3rd party has a chance to win, but definitely possible to get enough interest for debates and votes to get funding for future elections. That's the one aspect of the race im Interested in, that would be a true paradigm shift for the US. 
  • Options
    F47F47 member
    This should probably go on the confession thread but......I've never watched a single episode of Gilmore Girls 
    Neither have I. And, I want to start a "girly" show in a few weeks when DH leaves the country for 10 days and I considered Gilmore Girls. But...now I'm not so sure!
  • Options
    F47 said:
    This should probably go on the confession thread but......I've never watched a single episode of Gilmore Girls 
    Neither have I. And, I want to start a "girly" show in a few weeks when DH leaves the country for 10 days and I considered Gilmore Girls. But...now I'm not so sure!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gilmore Girls. I had never seen it until last fall when I started binging on Netflix and I was so drawn in. Even H started to ask me what was going on and started watching with me after a while. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options
    @sportiegrl1213 I'm with you (98% sure) on the Trump vote. So you're not alone and I think a lot of people who are going to vote for him don't voice it because they're scared of the backlash they're going to get because he is in fact, a scary candidate. I feel as if a lot of people (at least those around my life) who are more conservative have this view, hence why I rarely post/discuss anything political with people because the more liberal side seems to bash anything and everything I may say. With that being said, there are definitely outspoken conservatives who will lash out at more liberal views. Nobody is necessarily right or wrong - we're all entitled to our own opinion. And mine is that as scary as Trump may be, I also think Hillary is scary and untrustworthy. 

Like PP have said, a lot of the problem is our 2-party system that doesn't really allow for a 3rd party to get any attention or actual chances. I would much prefer to vote Libertarian in every election almost (and still might out of my own principals), but then again, that's one more vote for Hillary really.

I think we're screwed either way, so who wants to go buy a Caribbean island with me and we can run it like normal human beings??  

Side note: I really hate politics and agree that it just needs to be OVER! This election year is a damn circus. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    Bahahaha! I love the reactions guys. Honestly I've watched the entire series on Netflix and still couldn't change my original opinion of it from high school. I find most of the characters obnoxious and all her bfs were jerks. But I love all the actors. And I love Luke. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Options
    @ibabyloveb87 totally agree with you! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Options
    I'm allergic to curry powder (more likely to some ingredient found in most curries, since they're all a unique blend, but I never went for the expensive tests to drill down and find out what exactly it is) so Indian food is out for me. A lot of Thai too, unfortunately =( 
  • Options
    krzyriver said:
    Bahahaha! I love the reactions guys. Honestly I've watched the entire series on Netflix and still couldn't change my original opinion of it from high school. I find most of the characters obnoxious and all her bfs were jerks. But I love all the actors. And I love Luke. Lol
    Rory's boyfriends??? Jess was a jerk when he was younger (thus the basis of his appeal >:) ), but he definitely redeemed himself with this little speech. Plus, he's HAWT. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 I honestly don't like any of Rory's boyfriends. I would love to see her end up with someone completely new but I also don't know how I would like someone new added to the cast. Honestly, I'm way more invested in Luke and Lorelai. Maybe because I never watched GG when it was originally on when I was about the same age as Rory, I watched last year which made me closer in age to Lorelai. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16