October 2016 Moms

UO Thursday (7/28/16)

Re: UO Thursday (7/28/16)

• krzyriver said:
    Bahahaha! I love the reactions guys. Honestly I've watched the entire series on Netflix and still couldn't change my original opinion of it from high school. I find most of the characters obnoxious and all her bfs were jerks. But I love all the actors. And I love Luke. Lol
    Rory's boyfriends??? Jess was a jerk when he was younger (thus the basis of his appeal >:) ), but he definitely redeemed himself with this little speech. Plus, he's HAWT. 

I do love Milo! Which automatically made Jess my favorite of the three. Lol.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @MRSCORKER - It would take someone super duper amazing to boot me off of #teamjess, but I'm open to the idea of someone new. I just don't want her to end up with Dean or Logan. 

I watched all of GG for the first time when it originally aired. I was in high school, so I definitely related more to Rory. And also, she's the only one who's love interest was ever up in the air. Lorelai and Luke are each other's lobsters. End of story. If they break them up, the world will burn, so I'm not really concerned about their fate. I am looking forward to seeing them together and happy, though :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • @MRSCORKER That was one of my major problems with GG (although not the big issue I had with the show), that all the bfs were duds. I liked Rory ok, she was sweet, and I was annoyed by the string of losers. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @MRSCORKER - It would take someone super duper amazing to boot me off of #teamjess, but I'm open to the idea of someone new. I just don't want her to end up with Dean or Logan. 

I watched all of GG for the first time when it originally aired. I was in high school, so I definitely related more to Rory. And also, she's the only one who's love interest was ever up in the air. Lorelai and Luke are each other's lobsters. End of story. If they break them up, the world will burn, so I'm not really concerned about their fate. I am looking forward to seeing them together and happy, though :)
    I totally appreciate your Friends reference thrown in a GG discussion. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited July 2016
    @MRSCORKER - It would take someone super duper amazing to boot me off of #teamjess, but I'm open to the idea of someone new. I just don't want her to end up with Dean or Logan. 

Seriously, if they aren't married or the re-boot doesn't include a Luke/Lorelai wedding, I will find Amy Sherman-Palladino and she will feel my wrath. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• LMNOBabyLMNOBaby member
    edited July 2016
    @MRSCORKER - It would take someone super duper amazing to boot me off of #teamjess, but I'm open to the idea of someone new. I just don't want her to end up with Dean or Logan. 

Did you see the teaser this week?? Lorelei is NOT wearing a ring. I had dreamed she and Luke would be married and there would be a small version  of them by now... #holdingouthope
  • MRSCORKERMRSCORKER member
    edited July 2016
    LMNOBaby said:

Did you see the teaser this week?? Lorelei is NOT wearing a ring. I had dreamed she and Luke would be married and there would be a small version  of them by now... #holdingouthope
    I did see the teaser and noticed that. I'm holding out hope that we get to see the wedding! Seriously though, Ross and Rachel ended up together, we got several seasons of Jim and Pam... GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• LMNOBaby said:

I'm not too terribly worried. Lorelai has always been non-traditional when it comes to marriage. The ring was an afterthought for both Max and Luke. Also, she refused to take Christopher's name when they got married. They may not be married yet in the reboot, but I'm 99.9999% sure they're at least still together. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LMNOBaby said:

I'm not too terribly worried. Lorelai has always been non-traditional when it comes to marriage. The ring was an afterthought for both Max and Luke. Also, she refused to take Christopher's name when they got married. They may not be married yet in the reboot, but I'm 99.9999% sure they're at least still together. 
    I def have seen pics of them holding hands and one with his truck in her driveway so I feel good about it. 

IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• F47F47 member
    Every time I see "GG" I can only think of Gossip Girl. XOXO.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • emmaaaemmaaa member
    F47 said:
    Every time I see "GG" I can only think of Gossip Girl. XOXO.
    Me too. And it makes me sad to think that it's over.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• My UO - I generally think cake kind of sucks. I prefer pie any day. 
  • scostel2 said:
    My UO - I generally think cake kind of sucks. I prefer pie any day. 
    Nooooooooo! Cake is my favorite food group. I only recently started liking SOME pies. Really not a pie fan. 

Now cake... I don't discriminate. Chocolate, vanilla, yellow, red velvet, black forest, strawberry, carrot, coconut... give me all of the cake. Well, give me all of the cake in about 10 weeks. Thanks GD. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • I hate politics. Especially American politics. No one who rises that high did so with a clean record. I live in a country run by a woman with a PhD in chemistry and a husband I've never seen. THANK YOU, UNIVERSE.

And on that pro-science note, my UO is this: unless you have a good understanding of genetics you should not be advocating against GMOs. 
    I have my PhD in Genetics (I now work in Finance, go figure), but I can't have conversations with people at work about GMOs.  I've tried, but I've found it's easier to give up before even starting.
    Me: 36 & DH: 40
    Married: November 2015
    DD 10/19/2016
    BFP:  8/20/2018 - EDD 5/4/2019
  • scostel2 said:
    My birthday is in October and I always want and get pumpkin pie instead of birthday cake. Love it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I LOVE cake, pie is good but I'll take cake any day!! 
  • I LOVE cake of all kinds. Except red velvet and coconut- blech. 
  • scostel2 said:
    With the exception of carrot cake, I agree with this. I could eat pie all day. Even carrot cake I can only have so much of.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• MRSCORKER said:
    I want all the cake... And pie and cupcakes and cookies and pastries and donuts. As for candy, I could take it or leave it but baked goods... 

I'll take all the baked goods... except cake and donuts. Lol. I only eat donuts from the cider mill. 

Is it fall yet???

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @MRSCORKER I think you just described heaven. I've never wanted summer to end as much as I do this year.  <3

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• mrszoessmrszoess member
    edited July 2016
    @sjo_thetwins THEY MAKE ICE CREAM PIZZAS NOW (edit for spelling)
  • I hate politics. Especially American politics. No one who rises that high did so with a clean record. I live in a country run by a woman with a PhD in chemistry and a husband I've never seen. THANK YOU, UNIVERSE.

And on that pro-science note, my UO is this: unless you have a good understanding of genetics you should not be advocating against GMOs. 
    I heart all this. I wish I was German born.
  • MRSCORKER said:
    krzyriver said:
    With the exception of carrot cake, I agree with this. I could eat pie all day. Even carrot cake I can only have so much of.
    I'm not a huge cake person either, but carrot cake is my effing jam. I'm not saying I make the best carrot cake in the world... But it's been said (more than once) that I make the best carrot cake in the world  ;)
    It's all in the cream cheese frosting!
    Omg, I could eat cream cheese frosting all day. *Drool*

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• krzyriver said:
    I'm not a huge cake person either, but carrot cake is my effing jam. I'm not saying I make the best carrot cake in the world... But it's been said (more than once) that I make the best carrot cake in the world  ;)
    @krzyriver DH and I didn't like carrot cake either, until we had a good one. Cut to our wedding where half the cake was white and the other half was carrot. We're obsessed.

@CopperBoom86 - should we ever, somehow, be in the same place... I'm gonna need you to make me some of this carrot cake. Or, I guess a recipe would suffice. I'll let you know when I need to make a cake next :)
  • @bnsmith85 Oh man, why didn't I think of carrot wedding cake?! We had some nasty chocolate raspberry thing that my husband loved. I never ate any of my wedding cake. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• *preparing self for flaming, egging or tomatoing*

I am not a fan of clothing/ apparel with babies name customized on it...
    ...or babies name put on the nursery wall with those blocky painted letters....
    Gah! It's been said! *Instantly demoted to lurker status*
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • brzvice said:
    *preparing self for flaming, egging or tomatoing*

I am not a fan of clothing/ apparel with babies name customized on it...
    ...or babies name put on the nursery wall with those blocky painted letters....
    Gah! It's been said! *Instantly demoted to lurker status*
    Lol... I don't think that's flame-worthy at all. To each his own. Decorate the way you like to girl!
  • I've definitely bought myself an ice cream cake this pregnancy and I'm totally ok with it 
  • Apparently my UO is that cream cheese frosting is the most disgusting kind there is. 
  • What?! Something is clearly wrong with your taste buds! Cream cheese frosting ftw