September 2016 Moms
Options

July Randoms Thread

Re: July Randoms Thread

• Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    My 5am random thoughts:
    Pregsomnia is ridiculous this time around. I've been up 4 times and now I've been awake for almost an hour. I can't stop thinking/dreaming about everything I need/want to do in DD2s nursery. 
    I had a dream that DH was hiding and deleting messages from someone that was asking when they could have sex again. I was upset about that and then DD1 got into new mini packs of laundry detergent and ate some, but I couldn't find the number to poison control so she just laid there (all part of the dream). So I woke up freaked out. 
    I need to decide on nursery colors. Purple and...teal? Yellow? 

• Options
    @drmh22 that isn't a dream, it's a nightmare! I wouldn't be able to sleep either. Also, I love yellow for bedrooms.

My reflux last night was so bad that I woke up actually thinking I threw up in the bed (I didn't FTR),  then Couldn't get rid of the puke taste and feeling that a hole was burned in my throat. I was afraid to fall asleep and have it happen again so I put on The Big Short at 2am and spent the rest of my time awake mad at big banks and the government. Last night was a real treat...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    5:30 is way too early to parent. (It's 6:30 now and I still can't parent.)
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    edited July 2016
    @drmh22 I've also started having dreams about fellow bumpies.@psubecky23 you were def in my dream the other night but i can't remember what about...

also regarding the TDap, i used the same logic as you @drmh22 and was really regretting not being able to lay on my left side. I get allergy shots on the regular, but they're usually in the back of my arm so I don't notice them as much until someone grabs me or I bump into something
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    I'm not a fan of this... The 2nd consecutive night my toddler has woken up for no apparent reason. Luckily I was able to get back to sleep at 2am, but then he was up again at 630. Wtf happened to my sound sleeper? I feel like he's secretly trying to prepare me for this LO and the wonderful sleep patterns (or lack there of) I'll be experiencing  :|
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    @RedMar luckily my toddler is still sleeping well, but that's how I feel about the insomnia, like its "preparing" me again. At least now I can still take naps! 
  • Options
    @redmar I'm hoping Reese is trying to prepare me but when baby gets here, she'll suddenly decide to go back to being a good sleeper. Because I cannot handle two kids waking up. 
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    It's too late for this advice, but you really want to get the tdap in your arm that you use most. The movement and use of the muscle helps the shot to dissipate faster, supposedly. Just a note from one of the Sept 16 pharmacists:)

Also, we had insane thunder storms at 2am. The flashes and bangs were right on top of each other shaking the house. E tossed and turned a good deal but never woke up... yet, I'm exhausted and a chance for more storms this afternoon and husband works all weekend. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @AnnaS930 so many of my facebook friends were posting about those storms up there last night, looked crazy!! I actually wish we had them down here, possibly break up the humidity a little bit? I do think we have a chance of TStorms here this afternoon too, although I'm not sure how I feel about that since it'll be my shower and I don't know that we should all be crammed inside the house where it's being hosted. 
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    @AnnaS930 sounds like a movie day for you two!
  • Options
    I'm am effing pissed off that some good friends of ours have two dogs themselves, invited us and another couple with dogs over and said we couldn't bring our dogs! WTF!? I made DH ask his buddy why and they said the other couple's dog is too yappy. Okay, so then talk to the other couple and say "No dogs barking indoors, we'll take them outside if they bark" or tell the couple you'd like it to be more quiet so if they could please have them
    stop their dog when he "yaps" (their dog is a great dog btw, yes he barks but quickly gets over it). Idk, I'm just pissed that we had already agreed to go (it's an hour away), bring food, and bring my dog and now she has to stay at home during her dinner time. Now I'm scrambling seeing who can come give her a potty break and feeling annoyed we'll be at a dog friendly house with two of her dog friends where she is apparently no longer allowed because of a "yappy dog." Eff that. Team yappy dog over here. I must add that this couple who is enforcing such rule has crazy kids who come over here and break sh*t, scream all the time, are incredibly bad behaved here and I've never said anything to them about their kids "yapping." Kids and dogs are not the same thing, whatever, I get it, but I'm allowed to still be mad. 
  • Options
    @mom2adoodle that would annoy me, too. We have one dog in particular with terrible separation anxiety, leaving him unexpectedly is a huge hassle to say the least. I also frequently compare dogs to children, not so popular with friends who aren't dog people. Ha. 
  • Options
    @noelani42 aw, that makes me sad. my dog works with me (therapy dog) so I'm hoping to maintain a special bond with her 
  • Options
    @mom2adoodle sorry didn't mean to be a downer...if you get to take her to work, you definitely will be able to maintain that bond :) she just might not be number 1 in the house anymore :p
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Options
    @SLou24 rained buckets all night, still feels humid. Blah.

@abberson what general area are you in? I really love living here, I'm in the midcoast area (near freeport).

We spent some time at the library this morning, e was the best behaved kiddo there. Proud mama here.

This week's sesame Street is our lunch entertainment today. It's breaking down kiddo gender roles... boys can play dress up, girls can be pirates etc. You go, sesame street.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @noelani42 aw, that makes me sad. my dog works with me (therapy dog) so I'm hoping to maintain a special bond with her 
    I think your situation will be different though. Your dog is kind of like an extension of yourself, more of an asset than just a dog that you have because you like dogs. I don't know how to word that in a way that doesn't make it sound like dog owners that aren't therapy dogs don't matter. Lol it's just very, very different having a dog compared to a child and you'll love your child so much that you'll realize you actually don't love your dog like people love their kids. But a therapy dog is a very different situation. 
  • Options
    Can I just say that it is horrible to have to attend an outdoor wedding 7 months pregnant...on the hottest day of the year so far  :s  102 with the heat index. Is it poor form to only stay for the ceremony, drop off our gift, and leave? Unless they have fans blasting on me, I'll have swamp ass within 2 minutes. 
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
    diagonalleydiagonalley member
    edited July 2016
    It's so true about relationships with dogs changing when baby comes (although I agree therapy dog is a different situation) I get things all packed up to take my son somewhere and then realize, oh f*ck, what am I doing with the dog? Mind you this dog went everywhere with us prebaby, and was perfectly content with me just holding her like a little baby, literally whining at my feet to be held, not eat what I was eating. I still love her dearly it's just very much different. (She is the cutie in my profile pic, which was picked when I was pregnant with my first!)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @ahackett1990 did they pay for you to eat? I would jet after dinner if that's the case!

@diagonalley my pooch is in my pic as well :) I remember you in J14 and thought it was cool we both had our pups and were oblivious to FTMhood. As I look through my phone, I have one pic of DDg (dear dog) and she's in the background while my son is playing is his pool. Pre baby, she was in 80% of my pics. Poor girl...
  • Options
    @RedMar I don't see food anywhere  :/ but my husband is drinking a free margarita...pretty jealous lol
    Me: 26 DH: 33
    Married: 6/14/14
    TTC immediately
    BFP: 11/19/14 MC:12/3/14
    BFP:  2/27/15 Blighted Ovum: 4/10/15, D&C 4/13/15- Trisomy16
    BFP: 12/29/15 EDD: 9/15/16!!  Please be our miracle baby!

• Options
     Ugh...my older daughter just threw up. Out of nowhere and of course on the couch. I'm really hoping it's just a fluke. I don't think I can deal with a full blown stomach bug right now.  :s
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @AnnaS930 We're near Belfast, all of these little towns are crazy charming. My parents in law are snow birds and spend their summers up here now that they retired a few years ago. I dipped my toes in the cold ocean and have a new respect for you swimming with your little guy! 
  • Options
    I want some really natural looking fake eyelashes for my maternity pictures but I have really hooded eyelids. If you don't know what that means, I just have a crease that is completely hidden when I open my eyes....think Blake Lively's eyelids. Haha I have nothing else of hers :( anyway, it's hard to wear them where they look natural because if they're too long, they may touch my eyebrows hahahaha any recommendations of lashes you love?
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    Can I just say how flippin boring it is to be in school right now? There are a million other things I'd rather be doing, like tinkering around doing baby things. 4 more weeks until I'm done this program but it feels like a lifetime away!
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    drmh22drmh22 member
    edited July 2016
    @RG1 I do not envy you! I'm guessing your leakage problem was nbd?

@MrsVoorhees I legit LOLed at "Blake Lively's eyelids". I can honestly say I've never looked that closely at her eyelids! I'm also makeup/most beauty products illiterate so I'm no help...sorry!
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @drmh22 I put a liner on and there was clearly yellowish colour to the discharge so I'm going to assume its not my water! It also slowed down significantly, thank goodness.
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @abberson great area! The ocean is something you gotta grow up with :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I want some really natural looking fake eyelashes for my maternity pictures but I have really hooded eyelids. If you don't know what that means, I just have a crease that is completely hidden when I open my eyes....think Blake Lively's eyelids. Haha I have nothing else of hers :( anyway, it's hard to wear them where they look natural because if they're too long, they may touch my eyebrows hahahaha any recommendations of lashes you love?
    Go to ulta or Sephora and try out some of the new mascaras too faced and benefit have some great enhancing ones
  • Options
    Happy random!

I got to renew my driver's license online!  No waiting at the DMV while super pregnant or toting newborns in car seats!  Yes!

Poor DH still has to go and wait because our state is issuing new, "more secure" driver's licenses and he needs the new one for when we go on vacation in October, even though he's not due to renew his.  We were going to go together since mine's expiring on my birthday in early October (we were going to take care of it in the next week or two since the new ones take a while to be issued and we didn't want problems at the airport out of state), but now he's on his own.  I feel bad but relieved at the same time.  I was dreading going.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    @lovelylauren86 so another annoying thing about having hooded eyelids is that the oil from my upper eyelid makes my mascara melt off and end up under my eyes, so I can only use super waterproof mascara a. I've tried a few of those bjt they don't come in waterproof. :( it's a tough life having Blake's eyelids...
  • Options
    Regarding dogs, I love my dog way too much and I've been spending a lot of extra time with her lately knowing that soon she'll have to take a backseat. I can't even fathom the thought of getting rid of my dog ever. 

We just got back from a day of swimming at my parents house. So thankful for their pool in this heat wave. Now thinking about heading to the local dairy for some ice cream. 
  • Options
    Had a wonderful afternoon at a local beach today. DH and I packed a lunch and cooler to hang out. Spent about 4 hours there. It was very hot, but there was a decent breeze off of the lake which made it bearable. The water was so warm yet refreshing. I feel like a new person after spending time in the sun and lake. Just getting ready for a nice dinner out. It's been a great day!!
  • Options
    frogdog06frogdog06 member
    edited July 2016
    @MrsVoorhees I swear by Eylure - much cheaper than Mac and more versatile AND comes with its own glue. They work great on hooded lids (I'm Asian and actually have hooded lids..). My eyeliner and mascara used to transfer to my undereye also - so now I wear Diorshow waterproof mascara or Makeup Forever's Smokey Extravagant (no transfer). Neutrogena's makeup remover will take off any waterproof eye makeup.

Anyway, Eylure is sold at Ulta (& Target). I usually go to Ulta because they have BOGO deals and a $3.50 off $15 coupon on their site. I'm usually wearing #117 or #118 on the weekends when I go out. How "natural" are you trying to have it look? #20 and #31 would be great... I prefer dramatic for photos though. :)