September 2016 Moms
Options

July Randoms Thread

It's July people! JULY!
Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: July Randoms Thread

• Options
    Ho muh gaaaaaaw!!!! Weren't we just saying, "shit, it's June!!"??? How?? It's going by so fast but still so slow.
  • Options
    JULY!!!! Ahhh Tomorrow mean only 2 months left! 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I slept like crap last night.  It was 1am before I could fall asleep and then I woke up every hour to either pee, eat, or just because I was uncomfortable.  7am came was too fast.  

Not only did I not sleep well but I feel horrible.  I'm so crampy feeling... gas I suppose.  

Its going to be a long day.  
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @reesaXden I totally feel you. I woke up 8 different times. One reason was bc DHs alarm went off at 3am multiple times arfgggghhhhh.

omg, it's July!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o 
  • Options
    @RedMar that would tick me off! 

So on a typical day I have to be up 20 mins before DH. Some times, he will set his alarm for 30 min before he has to get up so he can snooze it for 30min.  Only problem with that, is that his alarm goes off 5-10 min before I have to get up and unlike him I'm not able to just doze back off.  

Let's just say... He has learned his lesson. Hahahaha 
  • Options
    I cannot believe it's july!!!!!!
    2 months left!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's not July. There's no way.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how I've been so slow but if this baby follows his/her big sister's lead, he/she will be here in less than ten weeks. Eek. (Reese was born at 38w2d.)
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Team greeners - how do you refer to baby? Saying it or him/her is so unsentimental.

Baby's name will start with a B regardless of sex. Just call him/her B?

Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We're not team green anymore, but before we knew, we referred to baby as baby "the first initial of our last name". Now we know this baby is a girl, but we have no name. I think "B" or "Baby B" are cute options. 
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 I think B is a cute way to refer to him/her :)
  • Options
    Like everyone else, I saw this thread and thought, "No, it's not July. How is it July???"
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Emmett had has 18 month well-check last night. His weight continues to hover around the 45th-50th percentile and height is around the same. What a super average little kiddo!  Of course that weight was a half pound down from where he was a few weeks ago, so that sent me into minor panic in my head (WHY AM I SO WEIGHT OBSESSED?!?!  Mine, his, everyone's.. it's a problem). Then he only ate corn and yogurt for dinner and I was in a bad mood after that.  He's 18 months, he has time to develop a more diverse palate, yeah?  Some weeks he's really willing to try foods, other weeks if it's not a hot dog, chicken nugget or mac and cheese, the kid wants nothing to do with it.

That's just the definition of a toddler, yeah?  Also.. I wish growth curves didn't have percentages associated with them. I KNOW what the percentages me, I KNOW that 50th percent doesn't mean he's only half good, it means he is the exact average size for his age.. and I still wish he was closer to 100%. Ugh.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I did a bunch of housework last night. Too much probably. Some days I don't realize that I can't do as much as I once could. I ended up with a horribly sore back and the feeling of Charlie horses in both legs. Not cool! :( 

And yay for July! Time is going so quickly. I'm sure this month will fly by with events coming up : family reunion, friends little girls 1st bday, our baby q, my birthday! Woohoo! Plus getting more done in the nursery once I am able to excites me. 
  • Options
    Ahhhhh!!! It's July!!! I have got to get on it with getting things ready for the baby. Question: do you have to pre-register at the hospital? We did last time, but we just did it before a birthing class. This time it would kind of be an ordeal to make a trip over there. Okay, not ordeal, but inconvenience. 

• Options
    @camichael84 are you able to preregister online? My hospital allowed me to do that so I'm all set! :) eee!!!
  • Options
    @camichael84 - I'm not sure, I remember asking during birthing class last time and I didn't have to, but I'm not sure if that was because of the class or not.  I really hope I remember to ask at my appointment next week...
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @camichael84 I had to pre-register and they had all the forms online. Some I was able to just submit online and a few others I had to print and mail. Thankful that it didn't require a separate trip to the hospital.
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @PSUBecky23 I also like B as a nickname for the baby.

@AnnaS930 That sounds like McKenna. One day she loves a food, the next she won't touch it. Unless it's a cookie, cracker, or fruit. I chalk it up to typical toddler behavior. And, honestly, even at 31 years old, there are days I don't want to eat foods that I typically like. As long as she's growing and happy, I let it go. Her weight was also down from what it had been the previous week at her 18 months appt (she had just been in for an ear infection), but I blame their old, non-digital scales. Based on our scale at home, she's definitely not gaining at the rate she used to, and I know that's totally normal, but it does worry me a little. I know I'm overly concerned with her weight (both ways... that she not weigh too little or too much), and I hate it. Particularly since she is a girl, and I don't want to give her body image issues in the future. 

• Options
    @thscary Fashion has a way of coming back in style eventually? 

• Options
    @camichael84--I was wondering the same thing, so I went online and discovered that now my hospital has online preregistration available so I'm all set! Last time it was paper forms we got at the birthing class and/or printed from the website, so this was great!

@AnnaS930--my kiddo has always been in the high 80s, so it's been easy for me to be chill about eating and such. But baby girl is measuring small, so I have a new appreciation for the anxiety that can come with kiddos who are average or smaller in the percentiles. I will say, though, that my pediatrician always reiterates that kids will eat what they need. And it may not happen meal by meal like it does for adults. One day they may eat everything under the sun and then others they may eat hardly at all. He said it's really about what happens over the course of a week or so more than it is what happens daily. I just make sure I offer good options to my kiddo and let him eat if he wants to. And if he doesn't, I try not to stress, trusting that he'll make it up when he is ready. I don't want food to become a battle area for us. That said, I know these things are easier said than done. But it sounds like Emmett is doing just great! Hang in there!
  • Options
    Thanks, guys! If they have an online option that would be awesome. I'll ask my OB about it at my next appt.

• Options
    @AnnaS930 "Some weeks he's really willing to try foods, other weeks if it's not a hot dog, chicken nugget or mac and cheese, the kid wants nothing to do with it."
    -- I am pretty sure that is pregnant me!!! I eat healthy snacks like fruit and veggies but my meals look like this! 

rock1cherry - I am the same way. I am so used to trying to get so much done around the house but I really am starting to feel the limitations!

@camichael84 - my hospital does preregistering online. I have to wait until my insurance changes 8/1 to do it though. If you do have to do it in person I still think it's worth it. Maybe there is an awesome food place over there? I always find it easier to make a trip to get something done when I know food is involved. 
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    @Sporty1216 and @camichael84 - yes! thank you both. He is doing just fine, but I really enjoyed the early well-checks when his weight would go up pounds at a time. This flat part of the scale is hard.  I like to look at what curve he's on and plan for what to expect.  Staying on this curve he is expected to gain about 3 pounds in the next 6 months, and grow about 2 inches.  Keeping that in mind helps, 1/2 pound per month is such a tiny amount, I'm sure he'll be able to keep up with that - if he ever sits down!  Man is he wild during the summer!

I'm thankful that this baby will give us a few months that we can still go play outside for some time each day. I think Winter will have us buying day passes to the local indoor toddler gym.  I picture wearing baby #2 and letting Emmett run around like a mad man for a few hours on my days off
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @PSUBecky23 Fiance and I were just talking about this before I left for work. We had a cute nickname picked out in the beginning and we were trying to remember what it was (Little Bear, Nugget, or something). We call the baby "Baby". Not very exciting, but that's just what started happening.

HAPPY JULY, LADIES!
  • Options
    We constantly call this baby "2.0" aka "two point O" regardless of the fact that we know he's a he.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I walked into my OB office and I accidentally slammed the door. Well I let it slam on accident.  Anyway this new mom gave me the dirtiest look because her baby started fussing.
    I'm sorry I'm sorry! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 some days DD only drinks milk. All day. Won't eat anything. It makes me insane!!! 

I didnt preregister for the hospital last time, it was never offered, but i would like to do it this time. 

I had something else to say...I swear Ive lost half my brain capacity this pregnancy.
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 some days DD only drinks milk. All day. Won't eat anything. It makes me insane!!! 

I didnt preregister for the hospital last time, it was never offered, but i would like to do it this time. 

I had something else to say...I swear Ive lost half my brain capacity this pregnancy.
    Emmett would live on dairy products if he could. When he only wanted his corn last night (which obviously is just going to pass right through into his diaper), he sat there for minutes on end chugging his milk (about 6 ounces), gasping for air between gulps. Like.. seriously?!  He's such a goober.

He really really has very little interest in meat. Nuggets, sausage, hot dogs, but nothing else. At daycare he removes the lunch meat from roll-ups or other meals they have.. and me being a vegetarian doesn't have much help to offer.

Speaking of daycare.. thank goodness they handle 4 days' worth of breakfast and lunch - I can handle just doing dinner those days and all 3 meals the 3 days I have him all day. If it was 7 days a week of these food anxieties, I'd be absolutely crazy by now
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Did any STMs NOT do newborn photos? I am honestly a bigger fan of candid photos...not sure if I'll end up regretting not doing them tho!
  • Options
    I was never a picky eater as a kid but my little brother omg he would only eat ramen and bologna. 
    Now he is 21 and still only eats maybe 6 different food items. Cereal ramen hotdogs plain chicken. Spaghetti and sometimes hamburgers 
    Pregnancy Ticker