September 2016 Moms
Options

The Baby Shower Thread

Re: The Baby Shower Thread

• Options
    @ahackett1990 I love the idea of the headband station! How cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @rock1cherry LOVE You and your dad.  My boss is known for taking a belly comparison pic with pregnant mamas at their showers, I can't tell how he really feels about it although he's usually the one to suggest it. Your dad is clearly beaming with pride, very very sweet picture.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @annas930 thanks! :) my dad certainly is excited...it's his first grandchild so he's a little anxious. Haha. This is the second belly comparison pic we have done. Wish I had the first too!
  • Options
    I'm so happy everyone's showers went well this past weekend! :) Mine is this Saturday so I will try and update as soon as I am able. Good luck to all of the mamma's having theirs this week/weekend! :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @blondie080300 mines this Saturday too, I'm so excited!! 
  • Options
    When was your shower? July 16th

How many people attended? 17 people (All DH family/siblings/kids)

What did you wear? Jean blouse / navy stretch pants

Was there a theme? It’s a girl – few decorations. Was supposed to be a baby bbq type theme but didn’t happen

Did it go as you expected/wanted? Share. All of DH’s extended family were invited but none came. The one surprise was to meet his new boss that showed up and stayed for a good while. She was a great sport about handling my in laws because man can they talk!

What was your favorite part? Or least favorite part if applicable.  While it was just all his immediate family it was a lot of fun and we ended up eating then going to the neighborhood pool and ordering pizza for dinner (it started at 2pm with bbq then by 8 folks were hungry again)

Any pictures you want to share? In the rush of things we didn’t get any photos. Definitely gonna try to take pics for the next one this Saturday with my family.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Everyone's showers look so fun! I hope you ladies @blondie080300 @CindyLouWho427  have a great time at yours this weekend!

I have mine next Saturday and am anxious to see how it turns out. My SIL is hosting and hasn't told me much other than where / when and that my shower will be the first time in about 15 years that both my MIL and step-MIL will be in the same room! Crossing my fingers for a drama-free day! :smiley:
  • Options
    jensoujensou member
    @Knottie1451878581 nice!  Was it an MWR event? 
  • Options
    @jensou no it was Jackson in Action 83 Foundation for military families. This was their 3rd one. They plan to do one every year in Tampa, FL. It was amazing.
  • Options
    @blondie080300 That dress is great and I love that cake! How creative!
    bfp: 09.22.10   m/c 11.05.10 @ 10w5d
    bfp: 10.02.12  m/c 11.05.12 @ 9w3d
    bfp: 05.15.15  m/c 06.25.15 @ 9w6d
    bfp: 09.22.15  m/c 10.20.15 @ 8w1d

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    nanibrooks15nanibrooks15 member
    edited July 2016
    @Smallangel Great pics! I love the colors and the cake looks fantastic
  • Options
    Everyone's showers look really pretty and fun! I can't wait for mine next Saturday. Though I'm not a general fan of showers, I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends.
  • Options
    @blondie080300 I LOVE THE CAKE!!!!!!!!!!! How cute is that!!!
  • Options
    Everyone's showers look really pretty and fun! I can't wait for mine next Saturday. Though I'm not a general fan of showers, I'm looking forward to seeing my family and friends.
  • Options
    Oooh I love your dress @Megan324! And I am so glad you enjoyed your shower! :)
    Married: 3/21/15
    First time mom to a human but have been a puppy mamma for over 12 years :)

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @Megan324 glad you had fun after all the hassle it was. The pics look awesome! 
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @RG1 oh no this was my stress free shower haha next week we will see how that one goes!

@blondie080300 thank you!! It's from Pennys I think! :smiley:
     I really had a blast 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    @Megan324 Ohhh lol well good luck next weekend  :s

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @lovelylauren86 not sure if you mind, but you may want to remove the image of the invitation with the address and email address on it. You never know...

Love seeing all of the pics ladies! I'm getting super excited for my shower next weekend!
  • Options
    Love these pics! Beautiful showers! My friend is throwing me a sprinkle but she can't do it until Sept 11th....really hope
    im still pregnant! lol 
  • Options
    @geminigirl16 It wasn't a fully mixed shower- we had a handful of guys but sort of by default- my one male intern, my dad and brother, and my nephew. And, if I counted the few other guys who ended up popping by we had my husband, grandfather, and uncle- but if I had made it co-ed we would have had an invite list of over 100! I have a HUGE family, so just with all women the invite list was almost 70 people!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    When was your shower? 
    Sunday the 31st (yesterday)

How many people attended?
    About 50

What did you wear?
    A maxi dress- navy blue on top and orange, teal and cream zig-zag patterned bottom 

Was there a theme?
    Crafty like a fox :) We had it at the art museum I manage but the nursery is woodland/forest theme so we incorporated foxes and artsy crafty stuff

Did it go as you expected/wanted? Share.
    Yes it was absolutely wonderful. I would have loved to have more hand-made decorations - I love to do that kind of stuff but they wanted to do it so we ended up at Party City the night before buying decorations lol. My mom and sisters really wanted to host it- but they are the worst at planning and organizing- so they kept meeting and making lists, but never doing anything- so at the last minute, the night before, my aunt and I ran to the store to pick up extra plates and napkins, cups, decorations, etc. and my aunt was up till after midnight making extra food and desserts- thank goodness because there wouldn't have been enough! Plus the food they picked wasn't anything I would have picked- so my aunt saved the day with her Swedish meatballs, seven layer dip, cookies, lemon squares, pineapple delight, etc. Drink-wise they ended up having to run out after it started to pick up wine coolers and beer (I told them that water and sangria wasn't enough- plus the cousin who was supposed to make sangria ended up making a special kind of shot instead). 
    People-wise it was perfect, but I was totally overwhelmed by how many people were there and trying to make sure I spent at least a few minutes with everyone. AND it was so damned humid! I forgot to put on lip gloss, and I didn't take any pictures so I'm waiting for family to share the ones they took.
    We also got so many awesome gifts! We got all of the big items and a lot of the other items from our registry that we wanted, plus tons of extra clothes in all sizes. We only got two gifts that we didn't love that we can't return (a super odd hand-made scare-crow doll that is creepy as hell and is getting donated ASAP and a bedtime buddy that had no gift receipt, so we will likely use it at one of the grandparents homes in the sleeper there). 
    Only thing that I was bummed about really was that two of the games didn't get to happen- my one sister works for Planned Parenthood, so she was going to bring in a big bag of condoms and have a contest where everyone had to blow them up like balloons (picture the older women doing this- like my MIL- I would have DIED laughing), and the other was having people place index cards on their forhead and draw on them what they think baby will look like and I was supposed to pick a favorite. We just didn't have enough time for it all!

What was your favorite part? Or least favorite part if applicable. 
    My favorite part were the "games"- my sister made baby word scrambles and wishes for the baby cards - the wishes ones were awesome!!! I'm still reading through them and I love seeing what people wrote- most are hilarious and others are so sweet. I also really loved the craft we did- I printed out letters and numbers and spread them all on a table with a sign that said "Aiden's ABCs & 123s" and had people color them in and decorate them to put into a book for the baby. People LOVED that idea- and so everyone at some point was gathered around that table decorating letters and numbers. I still have to go through them all, but everyone really loved it.
    My least favorite part was opening gifts- we had far too many so opening them had to be rushed like mad! My mom and sisters decided to have an assembly line- my sisters grabbed gifts and gave them to me, my mom opened the cards and wrote who got what on the back of the cards, and my sisters ended up unwrapping half the gifts and I looked at each thing for about 30 seconds max- and it STILL took an hour! So I felt like I didn't get to ooh and ah over anything, I barely remembered what I got, and I didn't see most of the cards- it was chaos. I did try to take time and read some of the cards out loud when I could. My grandmother wrote a beautiful letter that I made sure I read out loud (and had to fight back tears because it was so sweet), and a few other funny ones.

Any pictures you want to share? 
    Waiting on family to share theirs since I didn't get a single one myself! I'll share them when I get them ;)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I just had a "Jack and Jill" shower..it was so awesome! The men enjoyed it as much as the ladies!