October 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 07.11.2016

Re: Weekly Randoms 07.11.2016

• Options
    I broke down and bought a rock N play off Amazon. It totally would have come in handy with DS (never tolerated a swing, had to be held to sleep, eventually moved into a vibrating chair), which probably means this kid will hate the RNP and I'll have to sell it for a swing.

I also bought myself a "deep waver" for my hair. My hair lives in a mom bun, but hey I can pretend I have a reason to use it right?
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Options
    kmtz89kmtz89 member
    It's my off day and my power went out..... If there are 4 Wednesdays in a month I can basically guarantee the power will be out 3 of them. SO FRUSTRATING because my laptop only holds a charge for 3 -ish- hours and all i want to do is internet and binge watch the Mentalist. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kmolleltz That does not sound ideal. I hope it comes back on so you can do all the TV binge watching! 

I am SO nervous about today's appointment. I do not want to drink the glucola, I do not want to have blood taken, I do not want to have GD, and I do not want to get a shot (TDAP). I know it could be worse, but I've been dreading this appointment basically since I got pregnant. Can't wait for it to be over! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Options
    @mrszoess lucky girl! my hubby doesn't cook a thing, I believe he doesn't even know how to use a stove haha
  • Options
    Good luck today @ibabyloveb87! It'll be over before ya know it! 

@CopperBoom86 ... They have a whole monthly subscription for those who love monograms lol... A MONTHLY  subscription. Crazy!

• Options
    emmaaaemmaaa member
    @ibabyloveb87 Good luck! FWIW, I think I had worked myself up for that drink to be so nasty, it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. I just chugged it as fast as I could and got it over with.
    DH: 29 | Me: 29 
    Dating: 10/3/08 | Married: 12/27/14
    TTC #1: August 2015 | BFP: 2/3/16 | EDD: 10/7/16
    DD: 10/5/16
    TTC #2: September 2017 | BFP: 4/28/18 | EDD: 1/7/19
    DS: 1/9/19
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Okay, I'm just going to ask - how to do I write a reply where you have a previous poster's response copied before your response?  Do you literally just copy and paste it - and I'm making more of it than it is?  Or is there a process and I'm an idiot?
  • Options
    @LMNOBaby Hit the quote button at the bottom of their post and it'll copy their post to the top of yours. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Options
    UO - I liked the GD sugar drink. I've done the one hour test twice, the first time I had fruit punch flavor which was delicious and tasted like a melted Hawaiian punch popsicle. Yesterday I had orange which wasn't nearly as good but wasn't intolerable.
  • Options
    scostel2 said:
    UO - I liked the GD sugar drink. I've done the one hour test twice, the first time I had fruit punch flavor which was delicious and tasted like a melted Hawaiian punch popsicle. Yesterday I had orange which wasn't nearly as good but wasn't intolerable.
    Mine was Lemon-Lime, and tasted like I picked up an old can of open sprite that had been sitting out for a month.
  • Options
    @scostel2 +1 for Margarita Glucola!
  • Options
    scostel2 said:
    @AllyTheKid lemon-lime??? Who thinks of these flavors? They should flavor them like wine and margaritas, I'd be begging to repeat the test again lol
    Now this I might not be so worried about. Waiting to go back now! 
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86... only if they also include a pumpkin spice latte mix in the box too
  • Options
    krzyriver said:
    @LMNOBaby Hit the quote button at the bottom of their post and it'll copy their post to the top of yours. 
    Well, that was the easiest solution ever. Thanks @krzyriver for finally showing me the light!

I will take my dunce cap and head to the corner for a bit. :)
  • Options
    KaessiKaessi member
    @ibabyloveb87 Mine is still not for two weeks but I feel the exact same way - absolutely dreading it! Good luck today - hopefully it won't be as bad as we think!

@ignoscemihi I saw an advertisment for a girl that was selling "Mammogrammed blankets" recently. Uhh....no thanks?! Lol
  • Options
    bnsmith85 said:
    @CopperBoom86... only if they also include a pumpkin spice latte mix in the box too

**STUCK IN THE BOX**

If loving Pumpkin Spice is Basic Bitch shit then call me Barbie, GIVE ME ALL THE AUTUMN!
  • Options
    lol... same here @AllyTheKid! Seriously, I can't wait for pumpkin season :)
  • Options
    Kaessi said:
    @ibabyloveb87 Mine is still not for two weeks but I feel the exact same way - absolutely dreading it! Good luck today - hopefully it won't be as bad as we think!

@ignoscemihi I saw an advertisment for a girl that was selling "Mammogrammed blankets" recently. Uhh....no thanks?! Lol
    Those blankets are very thoroughly inspected.
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 Yes! Permanent snuggle buddies! 
  • Options
    krzyriver said:

@krzyriver you just blew my mind haha I kept hitting "reply" thinking it would do this but I could never figure out why it didn't work!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86, OMG, YES!  So exciting!!!! :)
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 I've been stressing about everything baby related since our birthing class on Saturday. Thank you for reminding me of all the exciting and amazing things to look forward to!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Why you stressing @LGW2015?  Do share, so we can share in the stress!  

I feel like my nose is swelling you guys. :(  I look so puffy.  
  • Options
    @CopperBoom86 YESSSS!! I am so excited to have a baby around the time it gets cold so that I could snuggle all the time when they're small enough to where they will snuggle. As I drink my pumpkin spice latte.......... 

• Options
    @CopperBoom86 Yes! New squishy newborn is going to make the fall so fun!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @ibabyloveb87 I had mine this morning and it went fine. I got the lemon lime flavor and it was nasty. I had orange my last pregnancy and didn't like that either, but they are both doable! You'll be fine!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @amye102485 Yep had the orange and it wasn't bad. But I failed so back I go next Friday for the 3 hour test. Ugh. 

• Options
    @annabenanna  Apparently the nose thing is a pregnancy thing... a friend recently said to me "Aww, your nose is getting fatter!" Yeah, uh.... thanks?

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • Options
    @annabenanna  Apparently the nose thing is a pregnancy thing... a friend recently said to me "Aww, your nose is getting fatter!" Yeah, uh.... thanks?

Yes! I've heard this too and mine is definitely getting bigger. :(

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• Options

Yeah, it's definitely a pregnancy thing. I have a friend whose nose "spreads" every time she's pregnant. I don't feel like my face has changed, at all, but there's still time :#.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    The nose definitely gets wider, I was looking at some pictures of my when I was pregnant with DD and my nose and whole face was just so puffy!
  • Options
    @annabenanna I'm not even sure I can verbalized it. The birthing class didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but just seeing how LONG each stage of labor is kinda freaked me out (including the video of a med free birth). And I didn't really feel like the breathing techniques would help me specifically. I'm more of the type of person who has to have silence and focus on the pain to get through it, not distractions. But we'll see. On the other hand with an epidural (which I do plan on getting), being numb completely from the chest down, not being able to move around at all, and having tons of monitors sounds super weird too. The nurse said a good goal is to get to 5-6 cm that way it doesn't stall out your labor too much by getting it really early and it's not so late that you might as well just push through to the end. So I'm going to focus on that. There were also a lot of questions on the sample birth plan they gave us, a lot of which I just don't think I'll know the answer to until I'm in the moment.

Then there's just all of the logistics. MIL is insisting she be at the hospital basically from when we get there. I already told her no one is coming into the room except for DH but she still wants to be at the hospital. Which makes no sense, what if I'm in labor for 18 hours?! What is she going to do in the waiting room?! Plus the hospital encourages an hour of skin to skin right after birth which both DH and I definitely want, so I really don't want anyone else with us until after that. I told DH if we're there for a long time and things are going slow and I'm feeling ok I might allow them in the room with us for a little bit but if I'm in a lot of pain, hell no. I just have no idea how I'm going to feel.

In the end I think i'm just struggling with a lot of unknowns. I have no idea how I'm going to handle the pain or what I'm going to want in the moment so it's hard to "plan" with the birth plan, my parents and in-laws who are desperately wanting to be a part of it all blah!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    blaf322blaf322 member
    edited July 2016
    @LGW2015... that does sound stressful. The inability to plan is just not a settling feeling. I'm all for planning and understanding that the plan may need to change.... but I like having a plan too. Not that this helps now, but try to remember that, in the end, it's all going to work out so the best you can do now is inform yourself so you have options going into D-day

Edited... b/c words are hard :)