July 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms 7/4

Re: Weekly Randoms 7/4

• Options
    @HoneyBear40- I read something that your levels even out between weeks 37-40 because your body doesn't need as much insulin (or something to that effect). Weeks 32 -36 require the most insulin... So you'll see a drop or leveling out towards the end.  If your numbers don't rise at all or if it's a dramatic jump down (like 20 points), then contact your doctor just to be sure because it can be an indicator of the placenta deteriorating.  
  • Options
    I wish DH wanted to have sex. It's a strong NO every time I bring it up. It's been MONTHS. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @HoneyBear40 My numbers have been surprisingly low lately too. @Brittnic531 that makes a lot of sense, we've passed the peak. Ice cream, get in ma belly!
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @mandyjulie I'm glad I'm not the only one! I will say I'm surprised because it seemed like out of nowhere! And thanks @Brittnic531, I tried looking it up but couldn't find anything! Hopefully this means we won't have to worry about baby sugar crashing after birth. 
  • Options
    @honeybear40- I found the information after looking up placenta deterioration (or something along those lines).  There was another GD mom here that brought it up in the GD thread awhile ago and it prompted me to look it up because I hadn't heard of it either.  My GD has been exercise and diet controlled so I'm hoping that my levels and baby's levels are good after birth!  @mandyjulie- I have definitely been indulging in a few more carbs than normal since my numbers have been good! I've told people that if they want to hold the baby, they have to come bearing sweets and carbs.  DH already has instructions to bring me pizza (a certain one) while I'm in the hospital.  
  • Options
    @AshGee18 good luck! Can't wait for the announcement!!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    This no sex for 6 weeks thing is already a bummer. I mean it sounds horrifying but I miss it already. I haven't gone that long without having sex since I was like 17. 
  • Options
    @stellaluna14...I was ready at about 4 weeks PP last time and didn't wait for the 6 week appointment. Listen to your own body, if you feel up for it than by all means go for it...but if you feel at all uncomfortable then wait. I don't think 6 weeks is a magic number for everyone though.
  • Options
    My plan was to have my tubes tied if I had a c-section, but I didn't. She offered to tie them before I left the hospital, but I didn't want to cause myself an unnecessary difficult recovery. Ultimately, I've decided to go with Mirena because she said it has about the same failure rate as tying tubes. I know we are done, but I'm just not sure about the surgery. Maybe DH will decide to take one for the team!

My blood sugars tanked a LOT in the end. I was induced for high blood pressure, but my OB also saw that as a secondary reason to induce me because she was afraid the placenta was deteriorating too. I have no idea if it actually was. I was too busy snuggling my newborn to ask. I know she sent it to pathology, but they never said anything to me about it later.
    Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    Went to the doctor today.  After last week's good news of progress, I was hoping to have a little something differ.  But I haven't progressed anymore. I feel pretty bummed now. It also didn't help that the doctor I saw today had hardly any personality and seemed so bored at what he was doing.  I'm sorry if checking my baby's heart rate bores you (I swear he all but rolled his eyes) but it doesn't bore me and I'm sure you're getting paid so act a little interested. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @samantha1206 Im seeing a new doctor today and I hope she isn't like that. It makes me nervous and feel like I can't ask any questions. My primary doctor is kind of like that, but after I said something to the nurse she's been friendly at all the rest of my appointments. 
  • Options
    @babycakesday
    I know! I felt awkward asking him stuff, but I did anyways. There are several doctors at my practice and you see them on a rotating basis.  So far, he's the only one I'm not fond of.  I've discovered my favorite works on Wednesday so I try to adhere to that. Good luck on your appointment!  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    For those still waiting to go into labor, where is your hospital bag and all the things going with you? My husband thinks it should be in the car, I like it in the nursery. Its all on the bed ready to
    go. It's July and I don't want to worry about my tolietries melting in my hot car for the next potential 3 weeks. Plus there are a few things we have to grab day of. 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 I left mine in the house and then when it was time to go my husband grabbed the rest of the stuff and we were out the door. 
  • Options
    jwittwer said:
    LDSJM123 said:
    For those still waiting to go into labor, where is your hospital bag and all the things going with you? My husband thinks it should be in the car, I like it in the nursery. Its all on the bed ready to
    go. It's July and I don't want to worry about my tolietries melting in my hot car for the next potential 3 weeks. Plus there are a few things we have to grab day of. 
    I haven't even packed my bag yet... probably should consider doing that soon, haha. I just keep figuring that I have time. 
    I just finished mine. I'm 38+2. No shame. I just did not feel this overwhelming urge to get it done. Hope that's not terrible!
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 ours is in our bedroom but my husband wants to put it in his car. I just keep adding things everyday. I feel like I'm packing for a 3 week trip. So not necessary.
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    LDSJM123 said:

We just packed ours this past weekend! Mine is in our room, like others said, we've got a list of things sitting on top of the dresser that should be thrown in at last minute.  *If* things go as planned, DH and I will spend as much time as possible with me laboring at home before going to the hospital - so another reason why we don't feel the need to have it in the car.
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    My hospital bag is beside the front door ready to go! The only places we have been going lately is to do the shopping, which is less than a mile away. So we would have plenty of time to come home and grab it and then it's only half a mile to the hospital, if that. If we decide to visit my mother (30 minutes away) I'll put it in the car just in case but I won't leave it there like pp have said, things might melt or go all rotten from the heat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    After my doc visit today (if I happen to have any dilation/effacement) I may pack a bag. We're making a 6.5 hour road trip this weekend to see family and celebrate DD's birthday. What's bringing one extra bag? 
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @LDSJM123 My stuff is in the nursery as well right as you walk in the door with a note on the top in big print of what else needs to go with us - phone chargers, my purse, glasses or contacts (depending on which one I'm wearing at the time), etc. We have had some trouble with my brakes lately in my car so it could be that we're taking another vehicle. Would hate to have all of the stuff in the wrong car!
  • Options
    I've not packed either.  I have prepared travel size packages of my shampoo, soap, etc, but it's not actually in the bag.  I have a running list in my head of what I need.  I should probably do it though.  Once I do it will go in my trunk.  I'm not worried about anything going bad.  I'll have my purse with my for any last minute items I decide on.  With my husband's hectic schedule and me not knowing where I'll be when I head in, I'd feel better having it with me. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My bag is in our room because I also have last minute things to pack. Really, I feel like I have more to pack last minute than is actually in the bag. Last time I learned that I only need what is absolutely essential for hygiene and survival.

@jwittwer You're a braver woman than I am. I sent DH on his own for a family (his) memorial service last weekend because I was too nervous for the 5 hour drive. My labor was only 8.5 hours last time, although induced, so I have no clue if that correlates to how long this one will be should it occur naturally.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our diaper bag and hospitsl bag is next to the door in my bedroom with a list of items on the day of. I hope to labor at home for awhile so I think we'll be fine. 

Appt went great. I am 50% effaced and 1 cm dilated which is more than a week ago. I know it doesnt mean Im going into labor necessarily but it's nice to know the pressure and pain is leading to something!! 
  • Options
    @LDSJM123 my bag is also in the nursery! All things baby have been contained to that space
    for now ;)
  • Options
    I asked this on another thread but I think it got lost. Does anyone have any negative thoughts or feedback about membrane sweeps? (Other than them just simply not working - I know that's a possibility.)

I was against it with my first pregnancy and I can't remember why...(this is my 3rd and it didn't come up with my 2nd..or at least I don't remember it coming up?)
  • Options
    @carolynpetite - I've heard it might be a bit uncomfortable, but I figure it's worth a shot. I'm having one next week when I'm at 39 weeks.
  • Options
    I asked this on another thread but I think it got lost. Does anyone have any negative thoughts or feedback about membrane sweeps? (Other than them just simply not working - I know that's a possibility.)

I was against it with my first pregnancy and I can't remember why...(this is my 3rd and it didn't come up with my 2nd..or at least I don't remember it coming up?)
    My friends midwife was against them as she thought it was invasive and unnessary.

I think the main reason though is it can accidentally break your water in rare cases and if it doesn't start contractions may cause you to need an induction.
  • Options

My dr is supposed to do this for me this afternoon. I've heard it's the least invasive way to jumpstart things more and that they work better if your body has already "started" the process. I've been having contractions for weeks and been into L & D several times but am not dilated enough. Hopefully this helps! 
  • Options
    I've been super busy the past month and know I haven't been pretty active :( but I'm going to start trying to post more again... I've missed this board!
    Welcome back :) 
  • Options

This working until I Pop idea isn't as good as an idea as I thought 8 months ago..  I'm really struggling today.  I want my bed. 
    I thought it would be great to be home but all I do is wait for baby and clean and wait for baby and cr and wait for baby and clean. Work may suck but it may provide a nice distraction to help the time pass more quickly 
  • Options
    @Backbypopulardemand
    Good point.  I guess the grass is always greener huh? In hindsight I know I would be so bored at home. I hope your baby comes soon! Every time I see a new birth announcement, I'm pulling for you :) 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

This working until I Pop idea isn't as good as an idea as I thought 8 months ago..  I'm really struggling today.  I want my bed. 
    I thought it would be great to be home but all I do is wait for baby and clean and wait for baby and cr and wait for baby and clean. Work may suck but it may provide a nice distraction to help the time pass more quickly 
    I went part time as of this week (38 weeks). Seems to have been the right balance for me. More time for napping, but not too much down time.