October 2016 Moms

WHEN SH!T JUST GOT REAL!!

I saw this on another BMB and totally just had one of those moments so I thought it would be a fun post to see when it gets real for everyone. 

I just set a 90-day reminder at work and the date was October 4th. That is only 6 days from my due date!!! Ahhhhhh! 
Me:33
DH: 34
Married: May 2011
TTC #1: May 2015
DS: 10/20/2016
TTC #2: June 2019
#2 EDD: 2/20/2020

Re: WHEN SH!T JUST GOT REAL!!

• Loading the player...
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited July 2016
    DH and I had ours when Ovia told me the baby was a foot long (and a pack of Oreos) a couple of weeks ago. I continue to have that moment every time I read the baby's length and weight. SO CRAZY!

ETA.. up until it said 1 foot long, I was still just imagining her as this tiny little thing that only takes up about half of my belly area in length.
  • I just booked my annual cleaning at the dentist which I only had to flip two calender pages to write down! Eeeek! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got my hair cut yesterday and decided to go ahead and schedule all of my hair appointments between now and my due date. I only had to make 2 appointments. Yeesh, this is going by quickly now! 
  • My husband asked me how many weeks behind our friend who had an premie last year I am.... only 4 weeks away (born at 30w 2 days).  I could see the look of panic come over his face.  We have been horrible about getting baby stuff moving and keep using the excuse of "I want to want till the shower" but that is now only 3 weeks away.  Everyone keeps talking about this nesting thing but it sure hasn't hit our house yet :/
  • F47F47 member
    Hmm...it's probably bad that it still hasn't hit me yet. We haven't started on the nursery. We haven't decided on a name. I haven't lined up childcare for this sweet boy...

Mama has some work to do.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • F47 said:
    Hmm...it's probably bad that it still hasn't hit me yet. We haven't started on the nursery. We haven't decided on a name. I haven't lined up childcare for this sweet boy...

Mama has some work to do.
    Not bad at all. It didn't REALLY hit me with LO until my water broke 2 weeks early!
  • Also, I think I mentioned this somewhere already, but here's another crazy one...

Some of my favorite summer shows just kicked off and by the time their finales roll around, I will either have had this baby or will be ready to pop. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • When I already pulled a muscle in my side trying to put the car seat base in my car. It got real!
  • This is silly but the Beach Boys have a concert not too far from me and I was thinking of taking hubby (even though he said he wouldn't go the liar!) but the dates are Sept 28-Oct 1 and I was like "umm that's a bit close to my Oct 10 due date to be driving 2.5 hours away and hubby doesn't drive" so no beach boys for me
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Holy cow! 10 weeks from how far along I am now I had my daughter at 36 weeks. Eek!
    ~Erin~ 
    proud pagan 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• KaessiKaessi member
    @thepicklemonster Haha yes this is me too. I freaked out when I realized my bottle of salad dressing expired 11/12/16 and I will have a baby by then! Like, serious, with heart palpitations and everything kind of freaked out!
  • Shit got real when I realized one more appointment and it's every 2 weeks not once a month once the 2 week thing starts things fly by. 
  • Today! I was at the OB and doc was listening to the heartbeat and it made this little lady angry and she kicked the doppler!! We all had a good chuckle and hubs was there to see her move. 
  • Every time it kicks. For the longest time in my life I didn't want to have children, it wasn't until the last couple of years that I've changed my mind. So the fact that I am now going to be a mother to a human in just 14 short weeks, scares the crap out of me. 
  • LauraPCOS said:
    This is silly but the Beach Boys have a concert not too far from me and I was thinking of taking hubby (even though he said he wouldn't go the liar!) but the dates are Sept 28-Oct 1 and I was like "umm that's a bit close to my Oct 10 due date to be driving 2.5 hours away and hubby doesn't drive" so no beach boys for me
    We normally go to a food truck festival in Philly each June, but it got moved to the first weekend in October this year. Not really feasible with an October 8 due date! 
  • At my last OB appointment. They scheduled my next visit and then asked if I just wanted to schedule them all since it'll be 2 week appointments after that. I know they schedule pretty far out, but man!  I remember it hitting me around the same time last time too. I went to an OB appointment and left with all of my OB visits scheduled. I just told the lady at the desk that it was too soon. She said it's not because we might as well get them scheduled. I had to explain to her that I wasn't mentally prepared for that. 
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited July 2016
    Same as what others have mentioned! After next week's appt, I go every 2 weeks. THIS SATURDAY is our all day birthing class! Started 3rd tri today and only 13 weeks until due date! Whenever I want DH to get something done around the house all I have to do is say how many weeks are left, freaks us both out! Also, my first baby shower is in 2 1/2 weeks. I really can't believe it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Today when I scheduled my appointments for the rest of my pregnancy... Twice a month now! 
    Kimberly
    DS #1 11/08/10
    DS #2 due 10/20/16
  • My next appointment is in 2 weeks and I'll be just about 27 weeks. Is it around 30 weeks that you start going every 2 weeks?

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• @MRSCORKER... I think so b/c I'm going to every 2 weeks after my next appt which will be when I'm at 29 weeks. I'm sure they're all a little flexible with exactly when.
  • It wasn't real with DS until he was like 2 months old, up until then it felt like it was happening to someone else. I've done nothing and probably won't do much until after baby. DH can haul the baby swing down after we get home, it will give him something to do ;)

• @MRSCORKER My doc said after 28 weeks I'll see her every 2 weeks. 

I think everyone starting to refer to him by his name is making it sink in for me. That and when I bring something new home for him. I'll hand it to my son and say "Go put that in your brother's room please." I think that's making it sink in for both of us.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @MRSCORKER I just had an appointment at 25w5d and my next is in 3 weeks (she likes to do an ultrasound at 28 weeks) then it's every 2 weeks after that. 
  • It still hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.  We have the nursery mostly set up and my baby shower is in 3 weeks.  Maybe at that point it will hit me...

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited July 2016
    @MRSCORKER next week is my 28 week appt and then every 2 weeks. I think it's every 2 weeks starting in the third tri, roughly speaking
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • When I realized that this vacation I'm going on on Saturday... it's the last week I'm "allowed" to be more than 2 hours from my doctor.  Mind Blowing!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • It's still not real to me. Haha sometimes I forget I'm pregnant and then I remember all the shit I still need to do. Stresses me out. 
  • this one was a surprise, which we thought could never happen to us. So I am still having a weird time accepting it. I more feel like this is just going to be an extension of #1, if that makes any sense at all...like, "more baby still." Kind of like Groundhog Day.

It's really the toddler that seems new all the time now, since he's growing so fast & changing all the time.
  • Um, I guess reading this? It's getting really close. You know you're a TTM when...you haven't bought anything for the baby other than a few outfits. I have boys so I don't own anything for a girl. I have no crib, no car seat, no plans for a shower that I'm aware of and I'm only kinda sure what her name is. I need to get it together!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"