October 2016 Moms

WHEN SH!T JUST GOT REAL!!

Re: WHEN SH!T JUST GOT REAL!!

• These are making me feel nervous! Im not even close to ready!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I wonder if it's every 2 weeks for everyone, or for special situations? My last pregnancy I was high risk, so in addition to an ultrasound every 4 weeks from 16 weeks on, and my regular monthly appointment, starting at 30 weeks I had a checkup and ultrasound every 2 weeks. At 36 weeks I had NST testing twice a week. I pretty much lived at my Midwife's office/Kaiser. This round, I'm not HR and they just scheduled my 30 week appt but made no mention about scheduling the others. I have my 26w checkup friday so maybe they'll discuss it then. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Married to DH for 6 years (together for 16)
    DS born 12.13.14
    DD born 10.15.16
    BFP 1.24.18, MC 3.13.18
    <3 BFP 4.25.19, EDD 12.31.19  <3

• Loading the player...
  • @nsquaredlife13 I was told its standard, but I suppose there could be exceptions.

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• @nsquaredlife13 I think some increase in appt frequency is standard and not just for MFM, but I'd say just ask at your next appt. Early on I asked and was told the timeline of future appts and testing so I could estimate (and let my supervisor know) how it might affect my work schedule...now I can't believe it's already almost at the point of the first change in frequency (every 2 weeks) before the next (every week, then twice a week)! I still have PGAL hesitation in believing this will actually happen, but for me in addition to milestones like viability, it got real recently when my supervisor told me the date I'll essentially be on desk duty and not have to do most of my normal work!
  • I've had biweekly appts since week 14 but I see an mfm and I have pretty amazing insurance. I will not complain since my ob has evening hours and I can see her face every 2 weeks (baby not ob...)
  • @NoraAurora I can relate to that feeling. He's going through so many changes that I can see and interact with that I kind of put this pregnancy on the back burner. Not on purpose, but I had a feeling I would probably be too busy with LO to devote much attention to an extended belly. 
  • The first few items were purchased off my registry yesterday. We are almost done paying for the delivery. We discussed last night how we have to get serious about picking childcare, a pediatrician, and who's going to carry the baby's insurance. I also need to look into getting a breast pump through insurance. It took about 16 weeks for me to really comprehend that I was expecting and now all of the sudden he's going to be here in no time. I'm almost down to single digits in the weekly countdown.
  • My next appointment starts the biweekly appointments too (standard after 28 weeks, then goes to weekly in the last month)!

It hit me last night when we went to our first childbirth prep class.  Other women's due dates were anywhere from mid-August to December, and I was one of the earlier ones (October 4th)!  For some reason in my head I felt like we were doing the classes really early, but I think the time is actually perfect.  It's crazy to think that I have to start preparing to give birth and make decisions on my birth plan.  
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• @NicholeL16 I'm right there with you on finalizing everything. We need to pick a dr as well. I need to call for my breast pump...

Ok, this whole thread just really made me realize shit is getting real. And fast!!  
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Oh man, I haven't even started thinking about a pediatrician. I also need to call my insurance about a breast pump and finish reading all the books I told myself I would read. Time to kick it into gear!

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• It still hasn't hit me. At all. I still can't believe I'm having a boy. I don't even know what to do with a boy after having a girl lol. 
    Mayve my crazy toddler is keeping me too busy to even think about it. 
          Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014
  • for those talking breast pump... it's good to call so you can find out what your options are but expect to be told to wait until at least 28 weeks to actually submit the request for one. Apparently that's standard for most plans.
  • bnsmith85 said:
    for those talking breast pump... it's good to call so you can find out what your options are but expect to be told to wait until at least 28 weeks to actually submit the request for one. Apparently that's standard for most plans.
    This is sort of why I was putting it off. I figured I'd call when I hit 27 weeks. 

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• UFJenUFJen member
    I don't think its hit me yet. I have a appt tomorrow and I wonder how the scheduling will be after this one. We still havent moved into our new house, so it probably wont hit me until we are there and his room is set up. 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    for those talking breast pump... it's good to call so you can find out what your options are but expect to be told to wait until at least 28 weeks to actually submit the request for one. Apparently that's standard for most plans.
    I can't even get mine until after I deliver. And my insurance is typically awesome...except that they don't cover breast pumps. They will cover them partially, but the rest is on us. Boo. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87... I'd see if you can purchase in advance and then submit a claim after the fact (that way you don't have to stress about it PP). If that's the case, find out what documentation you'll need to submit the claim, restrictions around the pump and get it all in writing.
  • My clock in my bathroom is still an hour behind from March, when we "sprung ahead" for Daylight Saving - I was like, well, at this point I'll just leave it to catch up in Daylight Saving in October...and was like, I will likely have a baby then!!
  • bnsmith85 said:
    Mine won't do anything until after baby is born. 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • bnsmith85 said:
    I can't even get mine until after I deliver. And my insurance is typically awesome...except that they don't cover breast pumps. They will cover them partially, but the rest is on us. Boo. 
    My insurance told me I could get it now, but my doctor won't write the script until I'm in labor. She says the insurance company always comes back asking for a diagnosis, which would be difficulty breastfeeding, and they'll reject it because I'm still pregnant. I asked if we could at least try because they told me I could get it now and she refused. I'm so annoyed. 

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• I went to fill in for Summer camp on the calender and realized when he goes I have 60 days left eeeeek 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    Yikes... and there is another "shit just got real"... 28 weeks is on Monday for me lol! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited July 2016
    bnsmith85 said:
    Mine won't do anything until after baby is born. 
    yep... most are either 3rd tri or after deliver
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited July 2016
    @krzyriver.. I was wondering about that because the form my insurance gave me to have my MD fill out has a place for Dx code... which would be difficulty with breastfeeding. And having worked in healthcare for many years before moving over to marketing, I was wondering how that would work if I don't have any known issues. FX they don't give me a hard time!
  • @bnsmith85 I know quite a few people who were able to get it early no problem. So hopefully they won't give you a hard time if they already gave you the paperwork. I guess my doctor just doesn't want to deal with it since every insurance is different.

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• klvklv member
    My car is due for it's next oil change the same week I am due with this baby. 
  • I think when someone made a comment about what I should do with my child and I responded with, "Well good thing it's my son and not yours!" Lol ... This girl likes to tell me not to vaccinate or curcumsize plus more because she has a 2 month old and thinks she can tell anyone having a baby what to do haha
    DS born 2016
  • I was able to order my breast pump and it was shipped today. Doesn't hurt to try!
  • For my breast pump I used a company called Pumping Essentials. They handled everything after I provided my insurance details online. I didn't have to call my insurance company or OB. 

I received my my pump back in March. In hindsight that wasn't very smart since there's a one year warranty from date of delivery. Oh well...
    Me {32} DH {34}
    Married 05/2014

PCOS baby due October 09, 2016
    Beta #1: 22.5
    Beta #2: 74

• My countdown timer hit 103 days left this morning, which was a shock. The last time I looked at it, it was around 150. It hasn't kicked my butt in gear because she has a bassinet, clothes and a name so I'm not worried. I was probably freaking out at this point with DS and had so much more on my to do list.

Seriously, this isn't going to feel real until she is in my arms. I didn't feel like any of it was "real" until DS was probably a month old. 
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • @coffee89 My countdown was about 150 last time I checked too. When I checked it on Saturday, it was at 99. It freaked me out to see double digits. Now I check it everyday and that's going to make the time drag. Lol

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Things got real for me when my son's preschool admission form arrived and the start date was October 4th.  I realized that was 4 days before my due date and I might be in the hospital when he's supposed to start preschool.  I also got an email inviting me to run a 10K that I ran last year.  It' s on October 2nd.  I jokingly told my husband that maybe I should just run the 5K this year.
  • @ignoscemihi Aw, that would be a bummer. Maybe baby will coporate and stay in there until after your son's first day of preschool.  ;)

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• F47F47 member
    F47 said:
    Hmm...it's probably bad that it still hasn't hit me yet. We haven't started on the nursery. We haven't decided on a name. I haven't lined up childcare for this sweet boy...

Mama has some work to do.
    Not bad at all. It didn't REALLY hit me with LO until my water broke 2 weeks early!
    I just felt so prepared with DS1. But, I also had so much time.... Those were the days. ;-)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @F47 I have everything this baby needs already because LO literally just outgrew it... at this point I'm just kind of like "what's one more?" Haha 
    He'll get his chance to be special once he's here, right now the others have my hands full!
  • When people started telling me that they are looking forward to my baby shower... It's in one month and invites just went out! We only see my parents once a month, so next time I see them it will be at my baby shower! Agh!

When my doctor said that its time to start scheduling the every other week appointments.

When I went to my dentist appointment and scheduled my next 6 month check up for AFTER I go back to work from maternity leave!
  • Sooo, shit hasn't actually gotten real for me yet!  :neutral: We are moving across the state in 3 weeks so our house is a crazy half-packed mess, I'll continue my ~45 hr/week job up until then, my new job will start THE NEXT DAY, my husband's new job starts the next week, we have to set up/deal with COBRA for the first 2 months, new doctors/hospitals/pediatricians/daycares to find, and I'm sure we'll be setting up shop in the new house with every free moment until baby comes! My mom made a comment about how I seem more preoccupied than excited and gloating about having my first child, but I told her while I wish I had a few days to just sit and absorb the fact that I AM actually about to give birth for the first time, I just can't overcome the stresses and to-dos with our current daily life. I see my weekly ticker go down, and I read all the tracker updates which I love keeping up with, but I feel like the appointments and pill taking and pregnancy "perks" have just been jumbled up in the chaos!

Honestly, at least right now, I'm hoping for NOT having that quick seamless labor most moms want!...those hours of just sitting and waiting will probably be my "when shit got real" moment lol (I may eat my words later for this lol)
  • I was talking to a friend today that asked how many weeks I am (26 + 5 days), but what was the holy crap part was I told her I'll be at the end of my 31 weeks when I'm done this contract which I know is just going to fly by because it's keeping me busy.  The day after my contract is done, is my baby shower as well O.O
    Pregnancy Ticker

• There are some birth announcements in the August thread already!  :o
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"