July 2016 Moms
Options

Vajazzle 2.0

2»

Re: Vajazzle 2.0

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I got a Brazilian wax a couple weeks ago which hurt like hell but was so worth it! I'll shave a bit just to keep things clean and under control if needed prior to my induction.  Just an FYI It is so much easier to care for your poor lady bits post partum when you are trimmed up a bit! ESP to the taint area where most will tear and be stitched up! 
  • Options
    holly142 said:
    Since I am having a c-section, the area needs to be shaved. I'd rather do it than the nurses. Plus I don't want to deal with the itchiness of it growing in or the mess of cleaning it the few weeks after giving birth. I've been using lots of shaving cream and going by feel. No problems yet!
    I shaved mine bare before I had DD, and they still shaved me before I went into the OR for a c-section. They just ran an electric razor over the incision spot and called it good (even though, again, there was already nothing there). I am just making sure it is trimmed short for this c-section, and calling it good...since they will run a razor over it before going into the OR anyway......
    edited June 2016
    I haven't really cared about shaving up until the point. However, the bush is starting to tickle the bottom of my belly and scaring the shit outta me so something must be done lol. DH has gleefully offered to help. 
  • Options
    Bout to get swabbed. Edward scissor hands attacked my crotch yesterday. I should just put a post it note on my mons. 
  • Options
    I attempted to go by feel last night, for my appt. today, I couldn't really see well with a mirror over my belly. So I'm sure it looks BEAUTIFUL down there! LOL!
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    AshGee18AshGee18 member
    edited June 2016
    I tried the other night and found myself out of breath and unable to see. My husband laughed at me with how I left it. Apparently it looks like i gave my vajayjay a fade lol
  • Options
    I don't want to get waxed, I failed miserably at attempting to shave, and my husband looked a little freaked when I asked him for help (um he wasn't freaked when he helped make this baby but ok..). I honestly wish there was a place to go get all my lady bits shaved professionally. Men have this for their face, I could use a little none ripping skin off pampering down there! 
  • Options
    @foxa319 I completely agree with you-- so much easier to keep clean after baby comes.

I'm scheduling myself a brazillian toward the end of next week and another before my due date just so I don't have to deal with the mess!
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    @jwittwer.  I had no problem keeping my lady bits clean even though there was hair there. And I had an episiotomy. Literally no problems at all. ...but to each their own I guess.
  • Options
    @hreed7289 use a trimmer. DH's beard trimmer will work just fine, or you can buy your own bikini trimmer. Very easy to keep things neat without waxing/shaving and very little risk of cuts.
  • Options
    @rnyland1 I totally get you.

Making sure the lady bits were trimmed up was usually my tell-tale sign that my period was coming, haha. For some reason, I've always hated being hairy when that time comes. Definitely a personal preference thing for me  ;)
    July BMB 2016 July siggy challenge

• Options
    NerdchildNerdchild member
    edited June 2016
    I feel like I may have unfairly represented the shaving by feel technique. I should have stated first that it's a borderline compulsion for me to shave EVERYTHING (even little blonde arm hairs) DAILY (because I'm weird and it's how I transitioned out of skin-picking). Something you do daily is easy to replicate by feel. It's NOT at all easy *in general*.
  • Options
    So I'm the hairy friend who hasn't touched a razor in years, but with labor getting closer and never having had stitches before in my life, I'm really considering shaving the taint/ cornholio area... Can hair really get stuck all in the stitches? Would stubble growing out from a shave be worse? Who has the raunchy details on perineum stitches, hair, and keeping that shiz under control?
  • Options
    So I'm the hairy friend who hasn't touched a razor in years, but with labor getting closer and never having had stitches before in my life, I'm really considering shaving the taint/ cornholio area... Can hair really get stuck all in the stitches? Would stubble growing out from a shave be worse? Who has the raunchy details on perineum stitches, hair, and keeping that shiz under control?
    I'm having a very similar debate about getting waxed because I can't decide if possible razor burn and stitches sounds worse than hair getting caught in stitches 
  • Options
    @PootsDragon as a fellow hairy one I have wondered this myself. I really HATE razor burn which is one of the main reasons I stopped shaving in the first place. I can't imagine taint burn being a thing I want to add in to the mix but I don't know what's worse either. I was planning on a modest trim of the more rapunzel-esque areas to be on the safe side haha. 
  • Options
    @PootsDragonI've never had nether region stitches but I have had them on the top of my head and the hair totally got stuck in there, as well as trapping blood and looking gross. Having said that gently squirting water helped and the hair didn't slow the healing at all, I just rocked a toque for a while. 
  • Options
    rnyland1rnyland1 member
    edited June 2016

@PootsDragon I didn't shave beforehand and had an episiotomy....my episiotomy ended up healing perfectly. Also, I had one of those plastic squirt bottles that was used for rinsing after using the bathroom so it was very easy to keep things clean that way. I use a trimmer to keep things under control but don't shave.

• Options
    Yah! Just trim short. No razor burn, easier to keep clean PP.
  • Options
    @PootsDragon If you've never shaved down there before I probably wouldn't recommend it now, razor burn and ingrown hair is the worst! And your skin would probably be extra sensitive! Maybe go for a wax, or just clipper it short! I got a wicked ingrown hair a few weeks ago.. And I would NOT wanna be dealing with that as well as stiches and a sore vagina!! 
  • Options
    I've had stitches with both of my kids. I don't shave but just trim so it doesn't get crazy down there. I never had any hairs get stuck in my stitches during my experiences, it's more just blood that makes it gross so lots of rising off and dabbing dry 
  • Options
    @PootsDragon I'm sure you remember me saying this at some point but I had stitches with my first and I had not shaven/trimmed in months. I had hair so long down there, it was starting to curl up like a Jewish Rabbi wearing a payot. I had no issues with hair in my stitches.
  • Options
    @pootsdragon- I hadn't touched a razor in months when I had DD.  I had a second degree jagged tear that went up into my vag.  I didn't have issues with hair in my stitches... But because of the tenderness of giving birth and the pain of the tear, cleaning up the pp bleeding was difficult and I felt gross.  The peri bottle helped but I couldn't make a "quick trip" to the bathroom because spraying and blotting took time.  
  • Options
    @PootsDragon I'm sure you remember me saying this at some point but I had stitches with my first and I had not shaven/trimmed in months. I had hair so long down there, it was starting to curl up like a Jewish Rabbi wearing a payot. I had no issues with hair in my stitches.
    Hahaha yep samesies. 

DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    I would sit on the 'stache. 
  • Options
    Just used the mirror for the first time. So ugly down there. I wish I hadn't. 
  • Options
    LadyFleck said:
    Just used the mirror for the first time. So ugly down there. I wish I hadn't. 
    You are way more brave than I am I'm avoiding a mirror until September!