July 2016 Moms

Dad in the delivery room?

2»

Re: Dad in the delivery room?

• Loading the player...
  • JunerTot said:
    Well, since this is a public forum and @kwife15 didn't break any rules by posting (other than those made up by a few here), I'm going to reply to OP as well.

I don't think excluding him from the birth is the best idea.  As several other posters have mentioned, it is really important to have this conversation with him before you hit the delivery room.  True, everyone deals with stress differently, but he needs to know how to support you best and vice versa.  This is a dramatic life event for both of you.  

Sometime when you're both calm, spell it out.  Guys aren't great at the hints we drop.  You can say something along the lines of "I know you're just joking, but when it's actually time to pop this kid out, I'm going to need your full support by you doing [x].  What do you need from me?"
    OP disappeared, you all can resume being your one-note selves. I will get you started:

DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited May 2016
    Go ahead and post in June. Most of us left anyways. But the fact is, OP asked a legitimate question and you ladies all jumped at her for not posting it in Randoms, when it's actually a useful question. 
    Also, we were not responsible for the tots winning your poll. But we do appreciate the shout out. 

You ladies can rock your mom jeans. We will sport these.....

@sdLindenberg oh hi to our good ole Nanny! So glad that while you can't take care of your own mess in June, you still feel the need to come here and answer this OP who has literally never participated. No we don't like dedicating AW threads to randos who want support but give nothing back. She could have googled this. We don't owe her.

And looking at your board gives me a headache. Sue us for wanting this stuff in randoms.
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• LadyFleck said:
    This is so lame. You're pretending to be helpful when all you're doing is stirring up drama. More than likely the OP is just one of you trolling to begin with. My god, don't you have more to worry about than started childish turf wars in the interwebz? 

And we answered the question and made the request that the OP follow OUR bump month community rules. Acting indignant on behalf of your buddy is insulting to her (assuming she wasn't just baiting) and embarrassing for you. 
    Therein lies the rub... You don't make the rules.  The TOU define them.  So sorry.  

Also, OP has been gone 24 hours.  She could very well be working and not able to check TB regularly like the rest of us.  Give me grief when she's been gone long enough to file a missing persons report.  

And your "answer" to her question was unwelcoming and downright rude in a lot of cases.  I just wanted to offer my support.  And I'm not really worried about this "turf war."  Seems like you are, though.
  • @mandyjulie then don't offer your support.  But don't get all hot and bothered because someone else chose to.

And no, you still don't have the right to tell someone where the can or cannot post.  Public forum, and all.
  • LF93LF93 member
    edited May 2016
    **Removed for TOU Violation**
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • audmomoutaudmomout member
    edited May 2016
    JunerTot said:
    @mandyjulie then don't offer your support.  But don't get all hot and bothered because someone else chose to.

And no, you still don't have the right to tell someone where the can or cannot post.  Public forum, and all.
    @JunerTotWho was hot and bothered, exactly? Someone suggested we just stop replying to randos. No one got hot or bothered when others kept replying. Except you guys. Your white knighting isn't even needed. It's just... Sad.

Read your last two sentences back to yourself. Public forum. Yep -- we can reply every single time that they should have posted in randoms. 
    Edited because TB ate my post: As can we when we'd like to offer support.
  • JunerTot said:
    JunerTot said:
    @mandyjulie then don't offer your support.  But don't get all hot and bothered because someone else chose to.

@JunerTotWho was hot and bothered, exactly? Someone suggested we just stop replying to randos. No one got hot or bothered when others kept replying. Except you guys. Your white knighting isn't even needed. It's just... Sad.

Read your last two sentences back to yourself. Public forum. Yep -- we can reply every single time that they should have posted in randoms. 

Guess you're speechless now? Thank god...
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @JunerTot cool we'll send all the randos your way for support from here on. Sounds like a plan!
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• @JunerTot cool we'll send all the randos your way for support from here on. Sounds like a plan!
    By all means, keep creating an unwelcoming environment on your BMB.  Just please quit acting so puzzled as to why The Bump Gods are out to get your regs.
  • JunerTot said:
    @JunerTot cool we'll send all the randos your way for support from here on. Sounds like a plan!
    By all means, keep creating an unwelcoming environment on your BMB.  Just please quit acting so puzzled as to why The Bump Gods are out to get your regs.
    Give it up, seriously. That doesn't even make sense. Bump gods don't care if we answer a rando's speshul snowflake question. 
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• The real question is: how many screen names does @sdLindenberg have?
    I have one, thanks. I have better things to do than be on TB all day and stir up trouble. I don't want to cause trouble, and it wasn't my intention to get you ladies all riled up over trying to stand up for someone. But in case you were curious, no, the OP isn't me. I don't have time for those kinds of shenanigans nor do I want to. Life with a week left of pregnancy is stressful enough, thanks. 

Ill leave y'all to your ways. Thanks for letting me play. Happy last few weeks of pregnancy ladies.
    Thanks. In all honesty, and I truly mean this with no hint of sarcasm, this is a great response. Way to keep things in perspective and best of luck to you in your last week. 
  • @LadyFleck if you feel you did nothing wrong, why assume I was referencing your response specifically?  

It's a little dramatic to say I came here with "guns blazing" or in any way "defecated" on you for offering my support to OP.  No, there weren't threats, but it was made very clear that she should not have come here for support in any other way aside from the specific template this BMB has tried to force on everyone.

As for my "incessant barking" - quit telling me to leave, and I won't have anything to respond to.  For now, I'm going to continue calmly responding each time I'm addressed.

• @Junertots

Youre so pretty
  •  
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

• This thread has been closed to new posts due to the change in topic. Continuing to create threads related to this topic will be grounds for warning and/or removal from The Bump Community.

Please note that we remove posts that do not follow our guidelines and will issue warnings to users who violate the Terms of Use.

To review our Community guidelines, please visit the Bump Guidelines pinned at the top of this board. Thank you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"