December 2015 Moms
Options

Babys first food

13»

Re: Babys first food

• Options
    BethP321 said:
    I got the go ahead from the Pedi this morning, says baby is just a little on the bigger side according to his weight, but we could introduce if we wanted to.  I opted to do rice cereal first until he gets adjusted to the spoon feeding before we officially start on food.  Does anyone own a baby bullet blender?  Any advice for a FTM?
    I just use a regular food processor. 
  • Options
    yl1m32015 said:
    BethP321 said:
    I got the go ahead from the Pedi this morning, says baby is just a little on the bigger side according to his weight, but we could introduce if we wanted to.  I opted to do rice cereal first until he gets adjusted to the spoon feeding before we officially start on food.  Does anyone own a baby bullet blender?  Any advice for a FTM?
    I just use a regular food processor. 
    I got it as a gift from my baby shower and finally took it out of the box tonight.  I was so in love...  My family already have a Ninja blender, I guess that could have worked too, haha.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We tried avocado and banana today. DS was eager to take the acocado into his mouth and then made a face. Same with banana- he really was not into it hahaha
  • Options
    DS is not ready yet. I gave him a very small bit of banana (size of my pinky finger) that I'd mashed up and he gagged and then spit up formula he'd had earlier. 

Jamie

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    Ainsley wasn't a big fan of oatmeal or rice cereal but she seems far more interested in carrots. Especially if big brother is the one feeding her.
  • Options
    HOW are you introducing solids? Are most of you mamas starting with vegetables then meats then fruits? Or just doing whatever LO will eat? 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    BethP321 said:
    Don't buy the baby bullet. Literally the same thing as a regular food processor or blender. 
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• Options
    HOW are you introducing solids? Are most of you mamas starting with vegetables then meats then fruits? Or just doing whatever LO will eat? 

BethP321 said:
    I started with oatmeal, then went to veggies and fruits. 
  • Options
    I did rice cereal, then vegetables. One vegetable for 3 days, then the next vegetable for 3 days. That's all the further I've gotten so far!
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    kdoak2015kdoak2015 member
    edited May 2016
    We are doing a bit of everything- veggies, fruit, chicken, yogurt, eggs, bread. Pretty much whatever we eat I give her. 
    Edit: I'm also bad because I don't wait the 3 days, no food allergies in the family so assuming she'll be ok.