September 2016 Moms
Options

The Named

14567810»

Re: The Named

• Options
    Cricket BugCricket Bug member
    edited May 2016
    @Soon2bemissG I like Penelope and Molly most from your list. I would like Gwen if it were short for something. The 12 year old boy in me says to nix Mona... :wink: 

@AmMcc12 I love Annabelle Ruth (LOVE the meaning of Ruth) and Mason John. 

I am hoping for input on our boy names. We have narrowed it down to 3 first names, and middle names are decided (family names). Please give any pros/cons or random impressions you see with any of them! The first two have significance beyond just being awesome to my ears... :smile: 

Asher David
    Connor David
    Mason Robert

ETA: I had more to say!
    Natural M/C 03.26.2012 at 10w2d
    Charlotte born at 28w3d due to severe IUGR on 12.24.2012 Merry Christmas!
    Missed M/C discovered 12.22.2014 at 8w1d measuring 6w3d
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    Thanks ladies! 
    @Cricket Bug For some reason I like Mason Robert :)
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    RedMarRedMar member
    @Cricket Bug I also like Mason and or Connor :)
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    Is Annabelle Genevieve too much??
    Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    @AmMcc12 it's a bit of a mouthful, but if you love it and it has meaning to you they are both beautiful names.
    2015 was a year to test strength of both body and character, but it led us to this... BFP 01.26.2016 EDD 9.30.2016
  • Options
    SLou24SLou24 member
    @AmMcc12 Great name choices!! I love Annabelle Grace, with Claire a close second. As for boys, I think Mason Daniel flows the best. 

@Cricket Bug I really like Connor David...I love the name Connor. They're all great though, honestly I really don't think you can go wrong with any of those! 
  • Options
    marajay6marajay6 member
    edited May 2016
    Since we found out it is a girl, we will be going with Evelyn Elizabeth. Evelyn is my grandmother's name and I have been wanting to use it for a long time. Elizabeth is my MIL's name.

I have a question - with my son, we took the stance of not revealing the name until birth. We want to do that again this time, but I also feel like I should give my grandfather some advance notice about the name. My grandma passed away from cancer 8 years ago and my grandpa took it really hard. What would be appropriate?

• Options
    @marajay6 - I think you're being very thoughtful to use the name and to give him a heads up. Do you see him in person often? It would be nice to sit down and tell him you'd be using the name and that you will be keeping it as a surprise from the rest of the family but that you wanted him to know first
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @Soon2bemissG I really like Molly!

@AmMcc12 I like Annabelle Grace and Mason John.
  • Options
    My first sons name is Ezra Dean. 
    We know we are having another boy and we are set on Elias Parker.
  • Options
    jas1982jas1982 member
    edited May 2016
    @Cricket Bug I LOVE Asher David. I live in Georgia, so I think I have slight southern-not-in-a-great-way associations with Masons and Connors that might not be very accurate depending on where you live. 

@bartonolivia I love both of those, too. Ezra and Elias are so classic. I would also love Silas Parker for a cute sibling name. 

I could use input on boy names as well. My spouse and I actually agree on a lot of (probably way too fancy) names... but! He really liked Alexander Sebastian, and our last name is Saenz. I think you can see the initial problem there pretty easily. So we talked about Sebastian Alexander Saenz (last name pronounced like "signs") but I feel like this is A) a mouthful and B) cursing my child to have a lisp with all those S/ X/ Z sounds. The other name we really liked is Julian - I think Julian Alexander Saenz is beautiful and has less repeating sounds, although it is still long. 

I am looking for suggestions for other middle names or votes for either Julian or Sebastian. Thoughts, anyone?
  • Options
    I'm into fancy names too @jas1982 ! While I like Alexander Sebastian, I just don't think there's a good way to make it work with an S last name since even if you switch the initials to SAS the monogram is still... yanno...  Julian is nice too.  Maximilian has a similar feel to Sebastian in my mind.
  • Options
    jas1982jas1982 member
    edited May 2016
    @cassloumyI love Maximilian but my spouse does not like "Max." I think "Bash" (for Sebastian) is a better nickname. Or "Jude" for Julian (I have been running around singing "Hey Jude" for weeks)!
  • Options
    @jas1982 I LOVE Sebastian, and it was a sad day that my DH nixed it. I think that Sebastian Alexander is fine, though I am not a monogram person and don't see the issue that PP might. They are both strong beautiful names, and for a positive spin, they could create strong pronunciation abilities instead of a lisp. :wink: 
  • Options
    MissMaureenOMissMaureenO member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    A while ago, I remember someone posting a link to a baby name popularity chart...where you could type in a baby name (or names, up to 6 at a time, I think) to compare popularity over the past century or so (and where they are to) of each.  Anyone know what I'm talking about or where to find it again?  TIA!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 Yes, thank you!!  That's the one!!  I was trying to search for it in S16 but wasn't having any luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AnnaS930 LOL I hadn't seen that link, thanks for sharing. Look what I encountered when I typed baby's name in: "Finley last peaked in 2013 . It will decline as a baby name every year from now through 2038."

I don't know whether to smile or scorn and say "that's effed up" LOL
  • Options
    @mom2adoodle - I think that's a good thing, it's recently been popular but is tapering off and won't be completely overused moving forward. Hooray
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    DH and I have finally come up with a name that we agree on (which is no small task). It's not for sure yet, but we are leaning towards Skyler/Skylar Kay. The first name was the hard part, we have been set on the middle name for years because it is both DH's mom's and my mom's middle name. 
    **TW**
    BFP #1 5/5/13  MC confirmed 5/9/13
    BFP #2  9/24/13  Ectopic pregnancy + partial right tube removal 10/18/13
    BFP #3 8/13/14 DS born 4/24/15
    BFP #4 1/13/16 DD born 9/17/16 
    BFP #5 5/16/18 EDD 1/29/19

Lilypie - Bze6

• Options
    Shiva14Shiva14 member
    @jas1982 my DS is Sebastian and I hadn't even thought of the NN Bash but I love it! I hate the NN Seb so I'll keep my fingers crossed that doesn't end up being a potential NN. We call him by his full name, so nicknames may not come up for him until he starts school. 
  • Options
    For those who like the nn "bash" (which is super cute), I have a friend who named her son Dashiell and he goes by "dash." Also super cute. :)
  • Options
    jas1982jas1982 member
    @Shiva14 My spouse played soccer with a "Sebas" as well, sort of cute for a young man. With your son, did you go for a short or long middle name?

@Sporty1216 I love Dash. So Dashing ;) 
  • Options
    We had a boy named picked out. Now that we are having a girl, we can not decide.  So far we like: Lorelei Jean, 
    Lilith Jean, Aurora Jean, Violet Jean and Ruthie Jean.  
  • Options
    @StaceyJeanAckerman LOVE Lorelei and Violet! What great choices!
  • Options
    Shiva14Shiva14 member
    jas1982 said:
    @Shiva14 My spouse played soccer with a "Sebas" as well, sort of cute for a young man. With your son, did you go for a short or long middle name?

@Sporty1216 I love Dash. So Dashing ;) 
    Middle name is Marvin for DHs grandfather who passed. I typically like short MN for long names and vice versa, part of the reason this little girl will be Nora Elizabeth
  • Options
    It's official! DD will be Chloe Jean
  • Options
    @SarahMConnors I know I'm a little late to respond but my oldest son is Aiden Jace. I had picked Aiden James (James after my dad) but my husband insisted he should get to pick the middle name and then my parents had a horrendous divorce so I didn't want to cause more controversy with James. No one has ever referred to our son as AJ. If they had I would have squashed it immediately! He's always been just Aiden and surprisingly we haven't come across many other Aiden's at his age (he's 7). 
  • Options
    Bumping bc i have no name picked yet! Like not even a top 5 list yet. Just looking back for suggestions/ideas.
    I think I'm just being difficult but I feel like I don't like the soynd of anything and the clocks a ticking!
    Hope no one minds.