May 2016 Moms

Night owl thread

123457»

Re: Night owl thread

• I was in full blown nesting mode during the day so I was asleep at 7:30, which means wide awake now. I tried falling back asleep but my hip hurts so bad that the only semi comfortable position is my back and I can't sleep on my back
  • Why is it that on Saturday night, I wake up at 4am on Sunday morning, but on Sunday night, I feel like I could sleep forever on Monday morning. I still managed to get myself out of bed to go for a walk, but for real? I can't sleep on the weekends, and I can't seem to sleep enough during the week.
  • Loading the player...
  • missnc77 said:
    Why is it that on Saturday night, I wake up at 4am on Sunday morning, but on Sunday night, I feel like I could sleep forever on Monday morning. I still managed to get myself out of bed to go for a walk, but for real? I can't sleep on the weekends, and I can't seem to sleep enough during the week.
    My husband just asked me why I do that exact same thing. I told him it's because my brain knows I get to spend time with him on the weekends, so I don't waste it sleeping. No idea if that's true but it sure sounded good!
  • And I'm up. Laying on the couch in the dark, looking at the cellulite it on my legs and feeling depressed about it. I don't want to be pregnancy anymore. And I want to be able to work out again. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Been awake since 3am...tried to go back to sleep, but the leftover spaghetti in the fridge was calling my name (that's definitely a first for nighttime snack, the few times it happened, I went for cereals). I think I might just be too excited about today being my last day of work, and I just want it done and over it (self employed here, so I have a to-do list which I'm aiming to have completed by 1pm). 
  • Up since my 3:30 bladder wake up call and couldn't fall back asleep. It's now almost 5 and my alarm is about ready to go off. And it's the second day in a row this has happened.

I can't wait to be off work in two weeks and can start taking naps since I'm really going to be exhausted this evening but can't go to bed early since I have kids to take care of. To make matters worse, when I go to bed it takes forever to fall asleep since my mind wants to go through to-do lists that never seem to end 
  • yogahh said:
    And I'm up. Laying on the couch in the dark, looking at the cellulite it on my legs and feeling depressed about it. I don't want to be pregnancy anymore. And I want to be able to work out again. 
    This tugged at my heart because it's ecactly how I feel. E-hug.
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • yogahh said:
    And I'm up. Laying on the couch in the dark, looking at the cellulite it on my legs and feeling depressed about it. I don't want to be pregnancy anymore. And I want to be able to work out again. 
    This. I've been saying this for weeks. Thankfully I'm less than 2 weeks away from baby arriving. I just keep seeing the finish line!
  • @yogahh it's getting harder and harder for me too. Soon!!
  • I swear to God if I don't get any sleep tonight I will scream.

(I won't get any sleep tonight, and I'm too out of breath to scream. But this is really starting to drive me insane oh dear God.)
    Pregnancy Ticker

• So I get good news today and of course now I can't sleep. Naturally it doesn't help that baby boy is all up in my ribs tonight and that's kinda making my heartburn even worse. Yay. In the mean time I'll just keep looking at the pictures I got today at my appointment bc it makes me feel not so bad. And then hope maybe I may just fall asleep... :|
  • edited April 2016
    My whole day was basically wasted going to another city to help DH on a project he said he needed my help with.
    I mean not really wasted because my toddler and I got quality time together for hours (park, going out to eat, a car wash - LO likes car washes, etc.) but DH works long hours so my LO and I get lots of great quality time together during the week.
    I was planning on doing nesting stuff today and having a chance to put my feet up every now and then. 

We didn't anticipate on having to be gone so long. 

When we we finally got home at 7:45 pm I went straight to bed. But at 11:00 I was wide awake. Still am. I guess I will eat an apple. 
  • edited April 2016
    LOL that sounds perfectly reasonable.  How can you have a smoothie if you don't run the blender after all?  You can't.  That sounds like a pretty good one too. 

And 5 hours later I am still awake.  Guess this makes the broken sleep transition of the newborn days even easier.

• My pregnancy insomnia has taken a new twist.. Evidently it thinks I don't need to sleep past 3 am so whenever I wake up to pee after that time is when I need to get up.

So now to figure out what to do for the next hour since its way to early to head into work.....
  • It's not even every two hours that I'm waking up for bathroom breaks. It's every hour now. And I'm always super hungry when I do. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• MsIanMsIan member
    yogahh said:
    This. I want to work out. I want to SEE my LO, not just feel him. I'm over this pregnancy. 
  • MsIanMsIan member
    So I've noticed the baby has definitely dropped because I breathe better at night. However, every other night or so, I'm awake around 3 and awake I stay. Trying to figure out whether to go make some tea, warm up a muffin and read my book (currently reading Me Before You) or whether to try sleep again. I'm leaning towards the food and book. 
  • Guys, there is a GIANT BUG in my room. Went to go get something to take it outside with, came back, and now it's gone and even DH can't find it. Now I'm terrified of sleeping because what if it crawls on the ceiling and falls on my face oh god

Also, my cats are lazy assholes. All they did was stare at it. It was gone before I could bring the dogs in here and they don't seem too interested in looking for bugs either. 

I think I'll just go crash on the couch for the rest of the night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Ugh, this sucks. Hello double leg/hip cramp, hello full bladder, hello 2:30am :(

The only good thing about my night right now is knowing tomorrow is my last day of work until after Labor Day :)
    TTC#1 January 2013, BFP 7/4/13 MC 8/7/13 D&C 8/22/13
    BFP 5/20/14 CP 5/26/14
    BFP 12/6/14 DD Born an Angel on 7/17/15 at 35 weeks
    An Angel in The Book of Life
    Wrote Down Our Baby's Birth
    And Whispered as She Closed the Book
    Too Beautiful for Earth...
    TTC#2 August 2015 BFP 9/10/15 EDD 5/26/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Worst night of sleep I've ever had, pregnant or not. Went to bed at 9:15. Up to 11:00. Back to sleep from 1:00 to 3:00 now wide awake again at 4:00 and now it will be a while until I go back to sleep. Thankfully it's the weekend so I can nap later this afternoon. Between being so uncomfortable, the dog next door barking and dh tossing and turning, I'm doomed tonight! 

cat fail animated GIF

• Forgot to take my Zantac like a dummy.

Someone is playing loud music. It's 3am, who does that?
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I've been up all night. :/ Took tylenol pm around 11 and it never kicked in or something? Or maybe it's not working for me anymore since I get up to use the bathroom, or eat tums on the hour. Either way I'm up now and eating some cereal pondering if I should try to sleep or just watch my DVR's of Shah's of Sunset. Decisions, decisions. 
  • Couldn't fall asleep last night plus an IRL friend was in labor so I was excited waiting for her update (baby girl born at 12:09 at 39 weeks). Finally fell asleep at 2 and then was woken by a strong contraction at 6:10. None since and now I'm wide awake. A nap is in my future today. 
  • babyfmama said:
    Couldn't fall asleep last night plus an IRL friend was in labor so I was excited waiting for her update (baby girl born at 12:09 at 39 weeks). Finally fell asleep at 2 and then was woken by a strong contraction at 6:10. None since and now I'm wide awake. A nap is in my future today. 
    Kind of jealous of your friend, I'm 39 weeks today also and no baby in sight :/

No contractions last night, after 2 nights of false labor. I slept a full 8 hours. #humblebrag
  • 4:43...almost donut time. 
    I have been nesting the entire night and got so much done! It feels great right now but won't come morning time. But for now I will enjoy this feeling of accomplishment. 
  • This is definitely the weirdness pregnancy night for me! I've had a few nights where I've gone to sleep and woken up at 4am- I would always just do some project or cleaning and take a nap later. Ever since about 4pm my backs been sore on and off and I cannot eat enough food. I've also been getting intense hot flashes, so I went to get some rest in LO's room (which is cooler) and I still couldn't sleep. Got cozy in my bed with DH and still couldn't sleep after listening to a meditation so I made myself a sandwich (tofurkey, lettuce, tomato, and fake mayo sooo good) and am currently watching tv on my phone. 
    I'm not usually an insomnia person at all so this is definitely unusual for me!
  • I am so incredibly restless I can't sleep. I'm like a bored kid looking for something to do. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • 2:30 and it's looking like my sleeping is probably done until god knows when. I was given something to sleep earlier and it worked for maybe 3 hours, but cirvidil sucks so trying to keep busy to keep my mind off it. :confused: 
  • dsmith211 said:
    2:30 and it's looking like my sleeping is probably done until god knows when. I was given something to sleep earlier and it worked for maybe 3 hours, but cirvidil sucks so trying to keep busy to keep my mind off it. :confused: 
    Are you being induced!?
  • @dsmith211 Good luck!! I know it's disappointing to not get the birth experience you wanted, but it really will be worth it! 
  • good luck @dsmith211 !!!!!
  • MsIanMsIan member
    I'm awake. Standard 4-5AM wake up call for me. I swear this baby is getting me ready to never sleep. Had my membranes stripped yesterday. Nothing. Hopefully some walking will get things moving along. I was offered an induction, but I think I've decided to give it at least another week. So now I'm just up eating cereal and bananas and trying to figure out what book to read. 
  • Been up since midnight off and on.  This is my last weekend without a newborn. So many feelings...
  • DanandVanDanandVan member
    edited May 2016
    Spent the night with cramps and contractions 6 min apart. Slept through some (with weird dreams about my kids punching my belly only to wake up mid-contraction). This has been going on ALL WEEK and I am so over it. This morning? No more timeable contractions. :neutral: That means I get to babysit my friend's 4 kids this morning, run errands, clean the house, and what am I looking forward to most? Putting on a massive swimsuit to cover my massive body and taking my kids to my nephew's pool party this afternoon. And I was SO hoping labor would get me out of it, ha ha!