May 2016 Moms

Night owl thread

Re: Night owl thread

• KidShrink said:
    Ugh...I had been able to be off this thread for some time since I started treatments with a chiro for my hips/lower back pain. However on Sunday, my dad who was visiting was feeling quite ambitious about visiting the conservation areas around here, and so we walked 6.5kms. My back has been killing me since. I took a bath around 11pm and fell asleep in there for about an hour, and I've been getting up just about every hour since. I have my next Chiro appointment tomorrow (wednesday) and can't wait. I'm at the point where even though I've been trying to avoid any unnecessary meds, I'm going to have to try something to calm things down. Only thing I have jn the house though is Tylenol headache (with caffeine). Just not sure how safe that'd be...@ayeshaohara
    Presuming it's a bit late to be answering now...sorry I was asleep early. Tylenol is fine. I don't know how much caffeine is in the Tylenol headache...so I can't answer for sure. Not exactly going to help for sleep though!! 
  • @ayeshaohara : no problem! I obviously never expected you'd be responding to this in the middlemof the night ;) There's 65 mg of caffeine in each tablet (I've never had to take more than one for a headache), so well below the 200mg recommended limit. Caffeine doesn't do too much for me in terms of keeping me awake...I may just need to try it. I saw my chiro today though, so hopefully that'll help. I probably should just get some regular Tylenol too...
  • Loading the player...
  • KidShrink said:
    @ayeshaohara : no problem! I obviously never expected you'd be responding to this in the middlemof the night ;) There's 65 mg of caffeine in each tablet (I've never had to take more than one for a headache), so well below the 200mg recommended limit. Caffeine doesn't do too much for me in terms of keeping me awake...I may just need to try it. I saw my chiro today though, so hopefully that'll help. I probably should just get some regular Tylenol too...
    Either would be fine then :) but hopefully the chiro will give you some relief!!
  • MsIanMsIan member
    kami09 said:
    Just remembered I have Hershey's chocolate ice cream in the freezer...but I realllly don't want to get out of bed. Decisions.

kami09 said:
    Just remembered I have Hershey's chocolate ice cream in the freezer...but I realllly don't want to get out of bed. Decisions.
    This. Sounds. Amazing. I want ice cream now. It's 4:48 and Publix is closed. Sadness.
  • edited March 2016
    MsIan said:
    kami09 said:

kami09 said:
    This. Sounds. Amazing. I want ice cream now. It's 4:48 and Publix is closed. Sadness.
    But at that time most donuts stores are open with fresh donuts. 
    So this could be a win...
  • MsIan said:
    kami09 said:

kami09 said:
    But at that time most donuts stores are open with fresh donuts. 
    So this could be a win...
    Donuts. Yes! I want donuts right now. Work are throwing me a cake party today for a baby shower. I think I'm legit eating cake for lunch!!! I'm very excited
  • Had my shower yesterday. Got home late. Went to bed around 2am woke up around 3 to pee then tried to go back to sleep but every time I try I end up waking up gasping for breath. It's like my body has forgotten how to automatically breathe through my mouth since my nose is all super stuffy. It's driving me crazy so I moved to the recliner in the nursery which I have taken many impromptu naps. But since this time I'm trying to sleep it's like I can't. Ugh

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • salbbsalbb member
    Freakin' nightmares... Not good. 
  • I can't sleep and DH is sawing logs... He just doesn't know how close to death he is. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Currently 430am. I've been awake since my last bathroom break just after 3am. I'm hungry too but DH is sleeping on the couch so if I go get food I'll likely wake him. This is a definite no win situation! 
  • Just intercepted my son in the hallway (how he got out of his room is a mystery) on my way to the bathroom. When I asked him what he was doing up, he replied in this weird voice "Need the blue crayon and my check book". Since he was clearly sleep walking, I just scooped him up and carried him back to bed. However, now I am trapped because if I move, he freaks out, demanding once again a blue crayon and his check book. He has got some important sleep business to attend to apparently.
    So crazy! 
  • Kit&Cat said:
    4:17am... I've been up since about 1:30. I'm going on about two and a half months now with only a few hours of sleep every night. Heartburn, hip pain, leg cramps, having to pee, shoulder pain... And now that all feels like nothing compared to the severe carpal tunnel I've had the last week or so. I've had it for a couple months but in the last week it's been so intense I can't get any sleep :-( I avoid sleeping on my hands, I prop my arms up, I wear an arm brace to bed- nothing helps! ARRRGGGG 

More importantly... at about 2:30a I checked my email and realized my diaper bag had been delivered to my front door earlier today so I had to go open it up since I was just staring at the ceiling anyway :-) I'm in love! 

Who is your bag by?

cat fail animated GIF

• The brand is Timi and Leslie... which I had never heard of before I started googling for diaper bags :) It's online only from Target!
  • Anyone else having headaches that keep them up? I may have missed a post so sorry if this has already been discussed. I tried everything, but these headaches are just the worst. I have an appointment today with my OB and I have tried not to whine about the various things that keep me up at night, but I think this one is going to be brought up. My BP has been stellar (117/70, 120/74, 108/68 - yes, I took my BP 3 times last night) and I have been drinking enough water to drown a whale (so, of course I have to pee constantly...awesome!). I have been using ice packs, different positions, white noise, sound cancelling headphones, no screens for 2 hours before bed, but nothing has touched these headaches for almost a week now. I even took Tylenol last night, which I really shouldn't do because I have a history of liver issues but it was the only thing I hadn't tried. It is an intense throbbing/stabbing on the left side of my forehead and super localized, so there is no pain anywhere else. The nurse in me is 90% I have either an aneurism or a tumor, but this was the same voice that kept telling me Luna was a molar pregnancy so there's that.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @laurenmdrn16 that sounds similar to how my migraines tend to start-- more of a localized throb, then it eventually spreads down my jawline and around the back of one side, sometimes with visual sensitivity and sometimes without; sometimes with a numb-type sensation and sometimes without.  They last anywhere from a day to a week or so. Staying extremely hydrated, massaging my jaw/neck area, and having a bit of Tylenol with a small dose of caffeine helps me, but doesn't totally knock them out. I know you know this, but if it's really intense and not budging from that spot, ask your doctor if you're worried about something more serious!
  • Anyone else having headaches that keep them up? I may have missed a post so sorry if this has already been discussed. I tried everything, but these headaches are just the worst. I have an appointment today with my OB and I have tried not to whine about the various things that keep me up at night, but I think this one is going to be brought up. My BP has been stellar (117/70, 120/74, 108/68 - yes, I took my BP 3 times last night) and I have been drinking enough water to drown a whale (so, of course I have to pee constantly...awesome!). I have been using ice packs, different positions, white noise, sound cancelling headphones, no screens for 2 hours before bed, but nothing has touched these headaches for almost a week now. I even took Tylenol last night, which I really shouldn't do because I have a history of liver issues but it was the only thing I hadn't tried. It is an intense throbbing/stabbing on the left side of my forehead and super localized, so there is no pain anywhere else. The nurse in me is 90% I have either an aneurism or a tumor, but this was the same voice that kept telling me Luna was a molar pregnancy so there's that.
    Sounds more like a migraine to me as well. Headaches tend to be bilateral rather than local and unilateral. A once off dose of Tylenol will be fine for your liver, don't stress about that. Sounds like you definitely needed something to take the edge off the pain! Sometimes pregnancy can make migraines worse so it may just be that but for sure mention it to the doc. Unfortunately there's not going to be much you can do about it though :( I hope it goes away or at least settles down. It's reassuring your BP is normal though! 
    Sounds more like a migraine to me as well. Headaches tend to be bilateral rather than local and unilateral. A once off dose of Tylenol will be fine for your liver, don't stress about that. Sounds like you definitely needed something to take the edge off the pain! Sometimes pregnancy can make migraines worse so it may just be that but for sure mention it to the doc. Unfortunately there's not going to be much you can do about it though :( I hope it goes away or at least settles down. It's reassuring your BP is normal though! 
    Definitely migraines. My OB wrote me a script for Tylenol with codeine, but I am so hesitant to take it. I am really ramping up the water in take and trying to just make it through. Bummer. Thanks for the responses all!

BabyFruit Ticker
    Definitely migraines. My OB wrote me a script for Tylenol with codeine, but I am so hesitant to take it. I am really ramping up the water in take and trying to just make it through. Bummer. Thanks for the responses all!
    Stick with the regular Tylenol if it works. I'm wary about codeine so close to possible delivery. It crosses the placenta and can make baby dopey causing "floppy baby syndrome". I usually advise to avoid unless the pain is unbearable! 
  • It's not too late yet but I went to bed at 9:30 so this is wake up #1 for me. 

I was awken by a super annoying dream where I was talking to a coworker and periodically she'd reach over and squeeze my bump with both her hands making it hurt and then she'd let go. In my dream I went home and DH would do the same thing and it was all pissing me off. Who wants to guess that I'm having BH in my sleep? 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Apparently 3:45 is baby's new witching hour. The past several nights I've been up from 3-something to 5-something, getting baby kicks, hiccups and dance parties on my bladder. I think he's sleep training me. 
  • My favorite thing is that I need to drink loads of water or I get horrible migraines. But, the more I drink the more I pee. And the more I pee, the less I sleep because usually I fall asleep before MH gets home, but if I try to fall asleep after him, I can hear him snoring throughout the house and I have no chance of falling back asleep. So I lie awake for hours just trying to will myself to sleep. And then I am exhausted and sleep deprived all day and guess what hits by about 10am...a migraine! So I drink loads of water and the cycle continues. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Gotta love waking up at an obnoxious hour this AM to a weather alert for a Tornado Warning on my phone. So we had to go hide in the closet for 30 mins. Then as soon as the warning period was over, a massive thunderstorm started and it was pouring so the dog was freaking out and we had to let him in bed with us or we wouldn't have slept. Not that I did anyway seeing as I was sufficiently freaked out about potential tornadoes.

And now here I am today falling asleep at my desk.
  • edited April 2016
    Went to bed at 10:30 then up at 1am because I had to pee.

It has been about one hour since that time. Everyone in the house is blissfully asleep (except the baby, baby party in there). 

Debating on just getting up and eating or getting things done or laying here waiting for sleep that will or won't come.  
  • Ugh...so after last Saturday's scare, my back had been doing exceptionally well. I guess that morphine calmed down the inflammation. After that, I was sick all week with the stomach flu. So the other hypothesis is that my body knew I couldn't handle excruciating back pain AND stomach flu at the same time. I started feeling much better today, and guess who returned? You got it, excruciating low back pain. DH was really nice and massaged my lower back and hips for probably close to an hour. Then I figured it was time to go to bed. And the pain got worse. And worse. And worse. I tried an ice pack. Got some mild relief for about 20 min. Just came out of an hour+ long bath...limited relief there too, and wondering if I might be getting contractions like last Saturday. Now sort of sitting in bed (all propped up with pillows) to see if I'm feeling any regular contractions, even though I wasn't feeling the ones on Saturday, so who knows how valid my observations are at this point. I can say with certainty now that if real labour is as painful as whatever is going on right now, there's no way I'm not taking an epidural.
  • I went to bed too early (lol 9 pm...) and of course now can't sleep. Definitely need to eat something!
  • It's 10:47 pm. I fell asleep at 7;00 on the couch. Up at 10:00 now I can't fall back to sleep. This does not bode well for tonight....

cat fail animated GIF

• I've had a fever most of the day that decided to finally go down at midnight after I've been sleeping all day. So now I'm wide awake...
  • @JessicaB0627 I'm glad your fever went down.
    I am wide awake after falling asleep at 1130..It's almost 2am now. I blame DH who is at work and felt the need to call and wake me up. Now I'm too hot, too uncomfortable, and can't decide if I'm hungry. I wish there were groceries stores open right now so I could go to get some items for freezer meals but then again I'm still real sore from overdoing today.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• edited April 2016
    Sleeping all day sounds great!  But not the fever part.  Glad it went down. 

2:45 and awake.  I just ate a bowl of granola with milk.  Then some slices of cheese with crackers.  Then an apple.  

I am slightly freaking out about my to-do list and the short time I have left to do all of it. 
  • kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited April 2016
    @JessicaB0627 I'm glad your fever broke! Fx that you feel better soon. 

I'm up again after getting DS back to sleep after having had a nightmare. It's hard when they're so young that they understand just enough to describe it, but not enough to know for sure that it doesn't endanger them. DH sleepily tried to tell me to let him CIO. I'm going to chalk that up to cold medicine/4am talking, because he knows that doesn't work for DS-- plus, when it's clearly scared cry rather than demand-cry, I'm getting in there asap. I don't believe in letting him cry scared and alone in the dark when I can be there to reassure him. 
    So now, everyone else is asleep and I can't turn my brain off. I'm getting those lovely low cramps and lower back achiness like the past two nights. 
  • I've always been someone who wakes up a little at night, to turn around or go to the bathroom or get a drink of water. Usually I'm half asleep when I do it and it's fine but now we've added pain when I move (not to mention the three point turn I need to do to flip sides), hands and feet falling asleep, three trips to the bathroom, and each time I end up totally awake. 
    I'm trying to just accept it. If I need to walk around/do lunges to shake out some energy I do that, if I need to throw on an audiobook, brush my teeth, zone out on my phone for awhile, watch a show, i do it. There's no point laying there willing myself to sleep and I feel like it's more restful to just roll with my new sleep cycle.
  • Worst heartburn ever tonight. So I'm up and sitting on the couch. Afraid to lay down that it will start up again. I guess I would rather have these nights on the weekend than during the work week....Time for a tbs "friends" marathon until I have the courage to lay down again

cat fail animated GIF

• I feel sleepy. So how am I also wiiiiiiide awake at 3:30am?

*cries*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• 4:46...maybe I should get donuts while the rest of the house sleeps peacefully. 
  • The past two nights I've woken up in the middle
    of the night with intense reflux that wasn't there when I went to bed. And this is with taking prescription level Zantac. I really don't want to have to get on something stronger but I also can't imagine dealing with this for another 4 weeks.