May 2016 Moms
Options

Night owl thread

Re: Night owl thread

• Options
    Well I think I'm going to be awake for a while. 30 weeks today. Tonight I was squatting to pick something up and as I stood back up I heard and felt a pop in my hip joint area. I barely hobbled to my desk chair. Sitting doesn't hurt so much. Went to stand up can stand fine. Tried to walk and the pain in my hip area is excruciating. Made it to bed. Now it hurts to lie down. If it dislocated I technically shouldn't be able to walk at all right?  Anyway. Not going to ER. Even with insurance I can't afford the bill.  I have an OB appt tomorrow technically this afternoon. Going to try to wait til then.  They can at least send me there outpatient.  Just venting to take my mind off the pain.

First Pregnancy
    • BFP: 01/25/2015
    • EDD: 09/28/2015
    • Incomplete MC: 02/28/2015

Second Pregnancy

• BFP: 09/11/2015
    • EDD: 05/25/2016
    Baby Born
    04/15/2016

PGAL
  • Options
    Any of you Night Owls try warm vanilla honey milk?  I used to think the idea of warm milk was pretty gross but when you toss in a teaspoon of honey and a half a teaspoon of vanilla it is divine! Since I started having a mug of that an hour before bed I have only been getting up one time at night to pee and I am so sleepy that I get back to sleep within 10 minutes (which for me is a huge deal since I had sleep issues pre-pregnancy already.)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am actually angry it is only 2:15am. I have been "asleep" since 11:30pm and I just want it to be morning already. I am so uncomfortable and restless. My everything feels sore, I have horrible acid reflux, MH is snoring like a bear with a chainsaw, and I am just over it. I used to love sleep, but now I would rather not even try.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the no sleeping list tonight. I am so exhausted and yet I am wide awake. Fml
  • Options
    And I'm up! Had a dream we left the baby in the car overnight. Now I'm worried about leaving the baby in the car and I'm all freaked out!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    Add me too. Sigh. 
  • Options
    @NerdyMama15 I'm sorry you're in pain! It's definitely possible to walk with a dislocated hip. If it doesn't slide back on it's own, a doctor or chiropractor should be able to fix it. I hope you're feeling better soon! 

@yogahh  That's one of my top mom fears. When I was in the last few weeks of pregnancy last time, I started making the habit of checking the backseat when I got out of the car so that it would be engrained in my routine. I still check and mentally reinforce for myself who is with DS when I  check and he's not in the car with me. It may be obsessive, but there are way too many exhausted mom/rushed mom leaves child in car stories out there and that scares me.
  • Options
    @Kurrant I love warm, sweet milk. I usually put a bit of maple syrup in mine rather than vanilla and honey, but both are delicious. I agree, it definitely helps to lull me back to sleep. 
  • Options
    yogahh said:
    And I'm up! Had a dream we left the baby in the car overnight. Now I'm worried about leaving the baby in the car and I'm all freaked out!
    That's always been a fear of mine! A few years back after hearing a story about that on the news my mom told me to get in the habit of putting my purse in the back seat, that way when you get out of the car you have to look in the back to get your purse. I'm hoping all these years of doing that will help ease my worry on that 
  • Options
    NinnyJean said:
    yogahh said:
    That's always been a fear of mine! A few years back after hearing a story about that on the news my mom told me to get in the habit of putting my purse in the back seat, that way when you get out of the car you have to look in the back to get your purse. I'm hoping all these years of doing that will help ease my worry on that 
    That's good advice. I like it! 
  • Options
    Some night time entertainment... If Toddlers Had Facebook....https://iftoddlershadfacebook.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I am so sorry!  What an awful dream. 

Up.  Still. 3:13 AM.  :/

• Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    Awake. I have been for like an hour but I couldn't find my phone and I didn't want to wake DH up--today's his day off. LO sleeps directly underneath me. So uncomfy. Is that normal? Does anyone else experience that?
  • Options
    @SaraJan2014 Thanks for laugh! I've been up with my toddler tonight because he decided that 4am is a great time to play and snack...something tells me that his sleeping and eating yesterday didn't go quite as well as I was told. 
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    And again. I woke up about 430. This time to nausea, diarrhea and sneezing. Sad face.
  • Options
    All I want to do is sleep. Is that too much to ask? I'm so exhausted but I just can't sleep!!!!
  • Options
    I've been up most of the last two nights because I've had such weird, vivid dreams.  And heartburn. Always the heartburn.
  • Options
    4:43 :/ 
  • Options
    I actually fell out of bed last night because of how forcefully Luna rolled! I was sleeping on my left side on the edge of the bed because I had both MH and toddler in the bed with me (don't ask, we are having some sleep regression issues, ugh). Luna was chilling on my right hip and then suddenly, with all the force of a great typhoon, she flopped all, what, 5lbs of her weight, to the left to the left. I was slightly readjusting as well so it was a perfect storm and we both went overboard. I cracked my head on the night stand and thankfully landed right hip first into a big cushion-y pile of laundry (see! It is a good thing I am a horrible housekeeper!). My son woke up immediately so I then had to spend another hour and a half calming him down. Suspiciously, MH was blissfully unaware of the entire ordeal...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @laurenmdrn16 I just love you for the hidden songs in your post. We're Disney music nerds over here so "all the force of a great typhoon" really made my heart warm. 
    I hope you feel well though. Depending on how hard you fell you might want to pop a Tylenol in anticipation of a sore hip or headache. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    @laurenmdrn16 I just love you for the hidden songs in your post. We're Disney music nerds over here so "all the force of a great typhoon" really made my heart warm. 
    I hope you feel well though. Depending on how hard you fell you might want to pop a Tylenol in anticipation of a sore hip or headache. 
    @charla1224 I dream that my life could be a musical because I feel like I talk in songs more than anything!

I did take a Tylenol for the headache, but thankfully there was enough floor covering that I basically could've slept on the floor and it was like a second mattress. That's what over a week's worth of laundry is good for.  :p

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    I actually fell out of bed last night because of how forcefully Luna rolled! I was sleeping on my left side on the edge of the bed because I had both MH and toddler in the bed with me (don't ask, we are having some sleep regression issues, ugh). Luna was chilling on my right hip and then suddenly, with all the force of a great typhoon, she flopped all, what, 5lbs of her weight, to the left to the left. I was slightly readjusting as well so it was a perfect storm and we both went overboard. I cracked my head on the night stand and thankfully landed right hip first into a big cushion-y pile of laundry (see! It is a good thing I am a horrible housekeeper!). My son woke up immediately so I then had to spend another hour and a half calming him down. Suspiciously, MH was blissfully unaware of the entire ordeal...
    Wonderful Mulan reference. Hope you're okay!
  • Options
    In up and hungry and we have nothing to eat in the house except for ice cream. I can't bring myself to eat ice cream at 4am though 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I just had watermelon. Yum! And packed a picnic type lunch for the zoo for my toddler and me. 
  • Options
    I just had a bite of berry pie before cuddling DS back to sleep. And now of course I don't want to move him so that I can go back to bed because he woke up when I'd normally be getting up for work, so being up now feels natural. Plus, he has his head all nuzzled into my shoulder just at the height that my cheek can rest against the top of his head and has his hand wrapped around my right thumb. I'm in soak-up-the-cuddles mode.

@CamillaandCarson we're planning a zoo trip tomorrow too!
  • Options
    One of the requirements of my last job was to be knowledgeable about social media, so I have a personal account on most major platforms, including both FB and Twitter (good luck finding me though, because I use different names for them all). Anyway, I'm wide awake right now so I'm catching up on Twitter, and the current game going around is to replace part of a popular title with the word "yurt".

So far I have:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Yurts #yurtbooks 

Pride & Prejudice & Yurts #yurtmovies #yurtbooks

Love Yurtself #yurtsongs 

Robin Hood: Prince of Yurts #yurtmovies

or better yet

Men in Yurts #yurtmovies

It's not exactly helping me fall back asleep, but at least I'm not bored anymore...
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    yogahh said:
    In up and hungry and we have nothing to eat in the house except for ice cream. I can't bring myself to eat ice cream at 4am though 
    Cereal. It is my absolute go-to in the middle of the night. I have the generic coco puffs and they always hit the spot. If it is too close to morning, I will go for Cheerios or something a little healthier, but usually I am all about the coco puffs...and then I have chocolate milk! Bonus!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited March 2016

kbrands7 said:
    I just had a bite of berry pie before cuddling DS back to sleep. And now of course I don't want to move him so that I can go back to bed because he woke up when I'd normally be getting up for work, so being up now feels natural. Plus, he has his head all nuzzled into my shoulder just at the height that my cheek can rest against the top of his head and has his hand wrapped around my right thumb. I'm in soak-up-the-cuddles mode.

@CamillaandC we're planning a zoo trip tomorrow too!
    Aw the cuddles <3<3
    Oh awesome about the zoo! How was your trip? 
    Ours went great, full day of fun - until I missed the last train, while at the very back of the zoo.  Thankfully golf cart security saved the day and drove us all the way to the front gate :)
  • Options

kbrands7 said:

Aw the cuddles <3<3
    Ours went great, full day of fun - until I missed the last train, while at the very back of the zoo.  Thankfully golf cart security saved the day and drove us all the way to the front gate :)
    I'm glad to guys had a great trip! Our day was really fun too, though my feet felt like sandbags by the end of the day from all of the walking...and I was a little sore from lifting DS onto my shoulder from time to time. Totally worth it though! :) Little guy fell asleep for his afternoon nap just as we were walking back to leave for the day, so the timing ended up being perfect too.
  • Options
    Since I went to bed at 7:45 I shouldn't be too surprised I guess that it's midnight and I'm up. If it wasn't for this heartburn I would still be sleeping I think. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    I thought the past two nights being woken up by a Charlie horse in my calf was bad, well being woken up tonight with one in each calf at the same time was definitely worse
  • Options
    Forgot to take my heartburn tablet this morning....oh the burn. Can't sleep now :( won't be missing that one again any time soon!!! 
  • Options
    Thunderstorms here and the dog is having a nervous breakdown. Of course they're expected to continue till about 3:15 so no sleep for me... Yay.
  • Options
    I've not been able to sleep. I'm half nesting. Meaning I'm randomly getting up off the couch, reorganizing a space in the house, and sitting back down. Weird. I don't think I'm able to sleep bc I'm marathon watching The Ghost Inside My Child. Probably not the best thing I've ever thought to do.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Options
    kbrands7 said:

kbrands7 said:

Aw the cuddles <3<3
    I'm glad to guys had a great trip! Our day was really fun too, though my feet felt like sandbags by the end of the day from all of the walking...and I was a little sore from lifting DS onto my shoulder from time to time. Totally worth it though! :) Little guy fell asleep for his afternoon nap just as we were walking back to leave for the day, so the timing ended up being perfect too.
    Glad it worked out so well and was a great day! Well despite sand bag feet. That is a good description though. 
  • Options
    Just remembered I have Hershey's chocolate ice cream in the freezer...but I realllly don't want to get out of bed. Decisions.
  • Options
    Ok. I've read every thread with a yellow flag, scrolled through Facebook and Instagram for all the cute Easter pics. Now what should I do? Any blog or app suggestions? I'll get tired in about 45 min. Just in time for a nap before my alarms 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    @Charla1224 No blog or app suggestions but I like to listen to nature documentaries on Netflix to lull me back to sleep
    *Married 7/29/11
    BFP 10/2/13, EDD 6/3/14
    Gave birth to my beautiful son, Owen Robert on 6/4/14!
    BFP #2 8/28/15, EDD 5/5/16

• Options
    edited March 2016
    1:18.  I think I am just going to get up and go work on the baby room, or laundry, or food prep.  I think I will start a chicken tortilla type soup in the crock pot.  I bought tortilla chips for it this morning but ended up eating almost the whole bag making nachos randomly during the day.  :/ Whoops.  At least it wasn't a huge bag.  But still.
  • Options
    Ugh...I had been able to be off this thread for some time since I started treatments with a chiro for my hips/lower back pain. However on Sunday, my dad who was visiting was feeling quite ambitious about visiting the conservation areas around here, and so we walked 6.5kms. My back has been killing me since. I took a bath around 11pm and fell asleep in there for about an hour, and I've been getting up just about every hour since. I have my next Chiro appointment tomorrow (wednesday) and can't wait. I'm at the point where even though I've been trying to avoid any unnecessary meds, I'm going to have to try something to calm things down. Only thing I have jn the house though is Tylenol headache (with caffeine). Just not sure how safe that'd be...@ayeshaohara