May 2016 Moms
Options

How far along are you and how dilated?

Re: How far along are you and how dilated?

• Options
    I'm 38 weeks and 4 days and still have not gotten checked. My midwife hasn't suggested it and I'm fine with that. I had an OB for my 1st and was checked from 36weeks on until my delivery. I don't see the need because the 1st time I knew I was walking around 2cm for 3 weeks with no change so it made me feel like it was dragging out the pregnancy at the end. 
  • Options
    Update! After being 1cm and 40% effaced at 32 weeks I was 1.5 and 50% today. I had to get two checks due to a slightly elevated bp and since I was having contractions at l and d. Nurse there said in a few weeks I should progress well. Fingers crossed for an okay delivery.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    37 weeks. 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. Don't even know if that means anything though.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    37+6 
    2 cm 50% station 3
    I almost hate knowing because I was sincerely disappointed when I didn't change this week. Oh well. She'll come when she wants to. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    Not dilated, but cervix is soft.  Does that mean no effacement, too?
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    @js8812 No, you could still be somewhat effaced. 
  • Options
    1/2cm dilated last week, 2cm dilated a week later! And 70% effaced! I'm 37+5 today.

Baby is still high though so I could still go to 40 weeks. Babies are so unpredictable!
  • Options
    38+1 and 1cm dilated... Still hoping I don't have to wait for too much longer. I'm just getting so excited and nervous!
  • Options
    36 +1 and 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced.... I have a feeling the last few weeks are going to be painfully slow!
  • Options
    38+2 
    No dilation at all. Doctor was going to do a sweep but couldn't because my cervix is still closed.. I'm going to be pregnant forever..
  • Options
    kporter18 said:
    38+2 
    No dilation at all. Doctor was going to do a sweep but couldn't because my cervix is still closed.. I'm going to be pregnant forever..
    I'll have this same thing happen next week and I have a feeling I'll still be closed too. Ugh the last part of pregnancy I swear comes to a screeching halt!
  • Options
    Par13 said:
    37+6 
    2 cm 50% station 3
    I almost hate knowing because I was sincerely disappointed when I didn't change this week. Oh well. She'll come when she wants to. 
    You're at -3 station, right? I think +3 station means the baby is crowning  :D
    Hahaha. Yes. thanks for correcting that
    yesterday was a total haze for me because of the migraine meds they gave me. I'm afraid to see what I've posted lol 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    37 1/2 weeks- a solid 2 dialated, almost 100% effaced, baby is VERY low. No idea when LO will arrive, but OB says it'll go really fast when it does.

She did joke that she's on call this weekend if LO feels like showing up then.
  • Options
    I was checked yesterday at 35+6 and not dilated at all. Disappointed because I will be induced at 37 weeks and I know things can change in a week but I am not feeling very hopeful about it. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    37+1, not dilated but baby is head down! Dr. said that light spotting is a sign of the cervix starting to open, so I guess I don't need to panic if I see anything.
  • Options
    MsIanMsIan member
    37 weeks. 80% effaced. 1cm dialated.  -1 station. Doctor said the baby's head is really low and once labor starts, it's probably going to go quickly. He estimates that I will go into labor within the next week or so, but also added the disclaimer that he also wouldn't be surprised if I was still pregnant at 40 w. Ugh.
  • Options
    I can finally contribute to this thread...36+2, 1cm dilated, 0% effaced. Baby is head down and in position. 

I've never enjoyed pelvic exams in general, but holy cow that was uncomfortable. At least my doctor was quick about it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @amberraysofdawn I feel like I am never going to be able to contribute!! 35 weeks tomorrow and an appointment on Monday so maybe then! Lol!  But they may not even check... Not sure when my doctor's office starts checks.  
  • Options
    @VS2016 Your OB will likely start checking when they do the strep b test- usually between 36-37 weeks.
  • Options
    sarahjo8sarahjo8 member
    edited April 2016
    Checked again due to having strong, but irregular contractions...36w 5d and am 3cm, 80% effaced, with baby at -2 station.
  • Options
    38w5d almost 3cm and 80% effaced! Assuming everything is lower because she found my cervix much faster.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    @proudparent2b darn it! I feel so behind! I guess I will just have to keep enjoying seeing and reading all the baby announcements to keep my mind busy from thinking about how much longer I have! Haha!
  • Options
    I'm 38w2d and 4cm, 70% apparently.  I didn't know it was possible to be that dilated without being in active labor, so I have no idea what to make of it.  Maybe she was just playing a mean joke on me.  :s
  • Options
    VS2016 said:
    @proudparent2b darn it! I feel so behind! I guess I will just have to keep enjoying seeing and reading all the baby announcements to keep my mind busy from thinking about how much longer I have! Haha!

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow also!  I've enjoyed seeing how everyone else is progressing, but I'm a scheduled c-s at 37.2wks, so I don't know if I even want to get checked!  I will have the gbs test done as that is office policy.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Options
    I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow and have been super soft and 3cm dilated for almost 3 weeks now.
  • Options
    Cerlage removed on 37 weeks and 6 days. Measured 3cm and 90% effaced....38 weeks and 5 days, still going!
  • Options
    I'm 38w2d and 4cm, 70% apparently.  I didn't know it was possible to be that dilated without being in active labor, so I have no idea what to make of it.  Maybe she was just playing a mean joke on me.  :s
    My SIL was at a 6 for TWO WEEKS before going into labor with her second. Imagine, two weeks essentially with a baby's head between your legs. Can't be comfortable. 
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    My SIL was at a 6 for TWO WEEKS before going into labor with her second. Imagine, two weeks essentially with a baby's head between your legs. Can't be comfortable. 
    @lalala2004 You just crushed my soul!  Haha.
  • Options
    38+3. Got checked yesterday. Dilated to 1 ish cm and cervix softened. Was up all night with period like cramping and tons of pressure. Totally different pregnancy than with my son. Hoping this is a sign of labor soon...  
  • Options
    @lalala2004 You just crushed my soul!  Haha.
    Haha, sorry! The way I see it, though, is that it's less time you have to wait to dilate while in actual labor, so....Should speed things up? Things went way quicker with her second than her first, and I'm sure that's a big part of it.
    *Siggy Warning*

• Options
    36+1, had my first cervix check today. It's closed and baby's head is high. So she's going to be in there a while longer!
  • Options
    36w3d and now 2cm so I guess my contractions were doing something this weekend :) 
  • Options
    37w2d 2 cm and "thick", what I expected, and along the same lines of my last pregnancy. Forgot the cramping afterwards, or maybe this time is worse? Ugh.
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • Options
    Almost 39 weeks here and my OB is driving me nuts! She had checked me after I ended up with false labour/irritable uterus and contractions every 2 min a few weeks ago. Two days after that (when I was apparently 1-2 cm dilated), I was completely closed. I've been having tons of contractions, but she won't check til next week, when they're actually expecting something to happen. I know it makes no difference and it'll happen when it happens, but this is SO hard for a controlling type A personality like me (who cannot wait for baby to get out as soon as he's ready...no need to linger in there...)
  • Options
    I'm 35 + 6 days. Starting pills tonight to get things progressing because I'm only 1 cm, thick, and baby is high.

If I wasn't scared enough for induction!
  • Options
    AliciaD39 said:
    I'm 35 + 6 days. Starting pills tonight to get things progressing because I'm only 1 cm, thick, and baby is high.

I was induced at 37 weeks barely a fingertip dilated with baby high and I had a successful induction! They also just put me on pitocin. 

Don't be too scared! At least you're dilated some. Good luck!
  • Options
    @JessicaB0627 thank you!!! I hear too many scare stories, it's nice to hear the great ones!
  • Options
    AliciaD39 said:

I was induced at 37 weeks barely a fingertip dilated with baby high and I had a successful induction! They also just put me on pitocin. 

Don't be too scared! At least you're dilated some. Good luck!
    Good luck @AliciaD39! I was 2 cm dialated when I started my induction on Saturday night at 38+3 and they also went straight to pitocin. It took about 20 hours start to finish, but it wasn't that unlike my previous labor that started on its own in terms of duration and progression. 
  • Options
    Did anyone have increased movement after their first check? This baby is pretty active, but ever since this morning there has been constant movement? I'm not concerned in the slightest, just wanted to know if this was a thing??
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16