June 2016 Moms
Options

Weekly Randoms go here...

Re: Weekly Randoms go here...

• Options
    You guys. If you haven't watched Melissa McCarthy and Jimmy Fallon's lip sync battle, you need to. I can't stop laughing. 

https://youtu.be/saOHKFWW3tU

Melissa is everything I want to be when I grow up. 
    I needed a morning funny, thanks for this! I love her.
  • Options
    You guys. If you haven't watched Melissa McCarthy and Jimmy Fallon's lip sync battle, you need to. I can't stop laughing. 

I needed a morning funny, thanks for this! I love her.
    This is fantastic.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WaitingMay14- thanks for the stretches! I had hip bursitis about 10 years ago and had forgotten about all of those. Also, I'm sorry you're dealing with that on top of PG junk :( it's no fun. 
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yes all is perfectly well. I've bled so much this pregnancy and did so much with my first it doesn't freak me out but I still have to get checked out everytime and now that I'm this far along I need to be monitored for an hour and have the fetal fibe-something test done every 2 weeks. Everything looked normal and baby looked great (actually measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead) so I'm grateful 
    fetal fibronectin :)
    Thanks girl, I know it when I hear it but when j go to say it I always draw a blank! 
  • Options
    Thanks guys! Yes all is perfectly well. I've bled so much this pregnancy and did so much with my first it doesn't freak me out but I still have to get checked out everytime and now that I'm this far along I need to be monitored for an hour and have the fetal fibe-something test done every 2 weeks. Everything looked normal and baby looked great (actually measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead) so I'm grateful 
    Thanks girl, I know it when I hear it but when j go to say it I always draw a blank! 
    have yours been negative? 
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

This was probably the best thing to wake up to!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    GinnyJ2012GinnyJ2012 member
    edited April 2016
    I forgot to put sugar in my coffee this morning! I usually enjoy my coffee during carpool drop off when taking DS1 to preschool. I get to enjoy it hot while he talks about all the fun things he's going to do at school that day. Monday's and Wednesday's are my favorite mornings because of this and I didn't get to have it today! Serious first world problem over here. 

• Options
    I forgot to put sugar in my coffee this morning! I usually enjoy my coffee during carpool drop off when taking DS1 to preschool. I get to enjoy it hot while he talks about all the fun things he's going to do at school that day. Monday's and Wednesday's are my favorite mornings because of this and I didn't get to have it today! Serious first world problem over here. 
    No, that is legitimately awful. 
  • Options
    Yes negative, they want to test again in 2 weeks if the bleeding continues. They can give steroids up to 34 weeks now if needed she said. 
  • Options
    Yes negative, they want to test again in 2 weeks if the bleeding continues. They can give steroids up to 34 weeks now if needed she said. 
    That's good!  Mine was positive but since it isn't a for sure sign of preterm labor by itself, we haven't been too worried.  I did get the steroids when I had a bit too many contractions going on. 
    DS 9/2/13 was a BFP from an IUI!
    Triplets due 6/29/16 also from an IUI!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    @hollywoodave531 that's crap. Family is overrated sometimes
  • Options
    That's good!  Mine was positive but since it isn't a for sure sign of preterm labor by itself, we haven't been too worried.  I did get the steroids when I had a bit too many contractions going on. 
    always better to be safe than sorry especially with you having triplets! I think it was a combination of bleeding, diabetes, short cervix, lots of measurable contractions and the baby measuring 2 1/2 weeks ahead they want to monitor me closely. When do they expect you to have them?!
  • Options
    sdnybrk1 said:
    @hollywoodave531 that's crap. Family is overrated sometimes
    Family is overrated a lot of the time. The blood of the covenant is thicker than the water of the womb
  • Options
    I'm just cranky today and have zero tolerance for BS....work is a freaking zoo and I'm slammed and have a feeling I'm getting slammed because I'm going on maternity leave in two months (which is largely unpaid).  I'll be supremely annoyed by it if the slamming is on purpose.  
  • Options
    mkemommy said:
    I'm just cranky today and have zero tolerance for BS....work is a freaking zoo and I'm slammed and have a feeling I'm getting slammed because I'm going on maternity leave in two months (which is largely unpaid).  I'll be supremely annoyed by it if the slamming is on purpose.  
    I'm cranky everyday and I don't even have a good reason. No judgement here 
  • Options
    The Just Between Friends Sale in my area is happening tonight! I don't really have a plan of attack for what to look for but I am looking forward to going. Hopefully I can resist the clothes since I already have a lot of hand-me-downs from my niece but baby clothes are precious so we'll see.
  • Options
    sdnybrk1 said:
    Oh. My. Heavens.
    drooooooooooool
  • Options
    I just wanted to confess that I read this article while scarfing down a king cone.
    https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/04/06/are-we-born-to-run/?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur
    I have no regrets.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I just wanted to confess that I read this article while scarfing down a king cone.
    https://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2016/04/06/are-we-born-to-run/?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur
    I have no regrets.
    I read this as one more unhealthy habit I can blame my mother for while hoping my daughter doesn't grow up and do the same.
  • Options
    Ohmahgerd I'm finalllllly caught up - 384 posts!!!
    I just got back from my babymoon, we went to a B&B for a couple nights, and now I desperately want a memory foam mattress. My mattress is sinking in the middle and it's only 6 years old- maybe it's because it's a spring mattress and they don't hold up very well?? If anyone has an awesome mattress I'd love to hear about it.

Also, I know this is super late but @huskerfan2012 I'm glad you're still cooking :-)

As for the nesting. it's kicking in. I've finally got all my baby clothes, diapers, wipes, blankets organized nicely in Lo's closet. But, my furniture is still tucked away in my basement. I've given myself up to 36 weeks to be completely done.
    We have a sleep number. Yes it can be expensive, but it's well made. 
    I love my sleep number!!! It's worth it for zero aches and pains. Plus when we got it we had a coupon from a friend for $1000 off so that totally helped. I love being able to increase the firmness for my big old belly weight too. 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Ohmahgerd I'm finalllllly caught up - 384 posts!!!
    I just got back from my babymoon, we went to a B&B for a couple nights, and now I desperately want a memory foam mattress. My mattress is sinking in the middle and it's only 6 years old- maybe it's because it's a spring mattress and they don't hold up very well?? If anyone has an awesome mattress I'd love to hear about it.

Also, I know this is super late but @huskerfan2012 I'm glad you're still cooking :-)

As for the nesting. it's kicking in. I've finally got all my baby clothes, diapers, wipes, blankets organized nicely in Lo's closet. But, my furniture is still tucked away in my basement. I've given myself up to 36 weeks to be completely done.
    We have a sleep number. Yes it can be expensive, but it's well made. 
    I love my sleep number!!! It's worth it for zero aches and pains. Plus when we got it we had a coupon from a friend for $1000 off so that totally helped. I love being able to increase the firmness for my big old belly weight too. 
    We also have a sleep number! It's been perfect for me, I actually have been making the mattress softer because my shoulders and hips can't handle the side sleeping otherwise. I think we might be getting a tempurpedic though because H has severe scoliosis and tosses and turns, despite setting his number regularly. But I need a mattress that can keep me cool at night. 
  • Options
    MeganF08 said:
    I have no regrets.
    I read this as one more unhealthy habit I can blame my mother for while hoping my daughter doesn't grow up and do the same.
    Yup. Doesn't bode well for those of us on bed rest! :(
  • Options
    goldie987goldie987 member
    edited April 2016
    MeganF08 said:
    I have no regrets.
    I'm not sure how much I believe this.  If you're more active during pregnancy, you're more likely to put fitness higher on your list and therefore ensure your kids get out to move around more.  Or at least that's what I'm telling myself to make me not feel so bad about my lack of motivation to get off the couch.  
  • Options
    I haven't been running since maybe November because it felt weird. Trying to stay active in other ways but I do miss it, especially now that the weather is getting better. Agree that generally it seems if you have a more active lifestyle, your kids are bound to be more active. 
  • Options
    Everytime I ran I got terrible stomach cramping and Would get sharp pains, that mixed with bleeding for more than half of my pregnancy made me say screw it. I'll figure it out 6 weeks pp
  • Options
    ahernandez16ahernandez16 member
    edited April 2016
    I think the last time I went to the gym was in November. First tri kicked my ass with the fatigue and then the belly came and really weighed me down and just felt odd. Even walking exhausts me now so I try to only do it when H is home and we can go together which is maybe once or twice a week.

I'll get back into it... eventually. 
  • Options
    @ahernandez16 I'm so upset about Merle! My local station was saying this morning that he would probably have a big party for his 80th and I just saw he passed.  Not cool. 
  • Options
    MeganF08 said:
    I have no regrets.
    I'm not sure how much I believe this.  If you're more active during pregnancy, you're more likely to put fitness higher on your list and therefore ensure your kids get out to move around more.  Or at least that's what I'm telling myself to make me not feel so bad about my lack of motivation to get off the couch.  
    Yeah, I feel like this article may be true but that other things (like what you've mentioned) would have a far greater impact. 
  • Options
    I'm full of whining today (and wishing it was wine!) I bought 4 paint samples at Lowes today, and I hate all of them! Pinterest colors let me down!!! I'm glad it was only samples, but it was still a waste of time and money! 

• Options
    I'm full of whining today (and wishing it was wine!) I bought 4 paint samples at Lowes today, and I hate all of them! Pinterest colors let me down!!! I'm glad it was only samples, but it was still a waste of time and money! 
    What color are you going for?
  • Options
    crdocrdo member
    mommarich said:
    Oh my goodness, @sdLindenberg there are more.  My stomach hurts from laughing now.

I. AM. DYING.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"